Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
was really hoping the mead would be done and turn out well, but it has a funky off taste, probably needs to age longer. Still have a few more gallons go to through.

So anyway I was gonna post the Wikipedia pics of all the ships we have access to, but that's kinda dumb. Instead I'll just list them out italics mean we have it
  • Hawk Air Warrior: 3 weapon slots, one 2x2, can fit exactly one alien gun. Very expensive, very slow. Holds a lot of guys and equipment
  • Valkyrie Interceptor: 2 weapon slots, moderate cost and slowness. 8 guys, 12 equip
  • Phoenix Hovercar: 2 medium weapon slots, cheaper / faster. 4 guys, 4 equip
  • Hoverbike: 1 small weapon slot, cheapest / fastest. 2 guys, 1 equip

You've got to have at least 8 equipment slots to run a full UFO recovery because you need cargo space for the loot and biotransport space for the specimens. The smaller ones are good to fight or if we need to shuttle around agents to different buildings, but it's not recommended to send them to UFOs.

Some of the various equipment listed out by size:
1: targeting computer makes the shots land better
2: targeting computer but bigger/better/pricier
4: even bigger targeting computer
4: passenger module, holds 4 extra guys (so a car can have 8 guys or an interceptor can have 12)
4: cargo module lets you recover loot, otherwise your guys have to physically pick the poo poo up and carry it out
4: biotransport module holds aliens
4: missile evasion matrix makes incoming missiles miss sometimes

Almost all human weapons are "long" as in 1x4, 1x3, 1x2 size. There are a few exceptions like the 2x2 turret systems that can go on cars or hawk airs. italics mean we have it in service rn.
    Guns:
  • Bolter 4k. 1x3. Shoots lazers, no ammo. 12 damage
  • Lancer 7k 1x4. Lazer / no ammo, 16 damage
  • Laser Defense array. 2x2. no ammo. 8 damage. shoots down inbound missile
  • Rendor Plasma. 1x2. Needs plasma ammo. 20 D!. Much better than laser but costly
  • Lineage Plasma. 1x3. 25 damage. Same as above but bigger.
  • Plasma turret. 2x2. 14 damage. takes ammo. Shoots in any direction, don't need to aim.
  • Plasma defense array. 2x2. 12D. Shoots inbound missiles.
  • 40mm. 1x2. Shoots bullets. 10 damage. Cheap, shoots fast.
  • Justice Missile. 1x3. 1 round but 50 fuckin damage. Missile is slow
  • Prophet Missile. 1x3. 8 round. 26D. More accurate, faster missile.
  • Janitor Missile. 1x3. 24 round. 22D. Sorta low level missile. Good for longer fights.
  • Retribution Missile. 1x4. 1 round. 68D. Most powerful, slowest. Basically a tactical nuke.

There's also various engines. It's a trade off between cost / speed. That's it.

This is more of a discussion vote because it's kinda complex and a lot of the guns have like nuances and poo poo, so I guess post if you have questions or whatever

Pick whatever vehicle focus, as many as u want:
1) More is better. Get a lot of poo poo and throw it all at aliens
2) Better is better. Get the finest artisanal murder weapons, perfectly equipped

3) Bigger is better. Get the biggest baddest ships
4) Size don't matter. Blot out the sun with smaller ships

5) Use mostly Lasers
6) Use mostly Plasma
7) Use mostly Missiles

8) Focus on Speed
9) Focus on Accuracy

If you want anything specific say it too, otherwise i'll just eyeball the feeling of the thread and get close enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
oh yeah there's also a tank we can buy, it can shoot cannon shots, plasma beams, or big ground to air missiles. It's pretty weak and prone to blowing up, but I guess it's good if it can snipe from long range.

the other two ground vehicles are a car and an apc, we have both, they're basically only good for moving around guys and do city missions. The car can't even hold any cargo or aliens ever. There's also a motorcycle but we won't buy it unless someone specifically wants one for their guy. Pretty cheap. Very fast. Holds one agent. Can't do anything but drive around.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

1 PlasmaMurderHawk please

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Yeah you gotta get more stuff like a new regular interceptor. If this is like the other xcom games you'll get alien tech poo poo later that will be way better than that stupid "military industrial complex gone mad" big ship that'll be too slow to do anything useful.

Also spend the money saved on plasma guns for your ships but only after you've got targeting so they don't just use it to blow up more hospitals.

Edit: because once I'm an agent, blowing up hospitals is my job.

vvv Valkyrie all the way. The aliens aren't sending ships big enough to justify the hawk and we need to prioritise ground troops to deal with suspicious doctors in hospitals alien infiltration.

Powerful Two-Hander fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 28, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
we currently have about $100,000 bucks, so we could buy the hawk air and rough up some chumps for the rest of the cash we need to operate normally, equip guys, buy more stuff, etc.

One hawk costs about as much as 2-3 new bases. It's beastly. It would cost all of our money to get one
e: it also comes equipped with small plasma and two different kinds of missiles out of the box

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I think good ships that don't miss all the time would be good, but no need for the largest ship since it's so expensive and dubiously useful

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

2 & 9: Focus on the best, handcrafted, artisanal flying craft (we don't say "ships" around here anymore).

(Engineering is trying to recruit the last three liberal arts trust fund kids on the planet and we're pretending they'll be able to put their three years of copper welding classes to work)

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

poisonpill posted:

(Engineering is trying to recruit the last three liberal arts trust fund kids on the planet and we're pretending they'll be able to put their three years of copper welding classes to work)

Utilizing only the choicest, small-batch alloys.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Do we need pilots for the ships or are they automated?

Regardless, I vote artisanal ships with a mix of weaponry. I'm thinking that gives us more cargo room, access to better weapons, and hopefully more controlled fights so less collateral damage. Plus, if XCOM accepts my application to be a physicist, I want to get to tinker around with bigger crazier ships.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
pilots are abstracted or actually built into the ship as like a computer or w/e

you're on the list and will be getting hired basically right now

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Yeah, that weapon's a minilauncher. Like Sheeps big launcher, but it shoots faster at the cost of smaller explosions. It also has tracking missiles.
E: I had Sheep lugging that goddamn thing up to the top floor so he could shoot off the balcony like a loving psycho but the mission ended before he could get there. The fences around their dirt farms were too tall to risk shooting a missile directly past our guys.

next time I have an opportunity to do this just imagine I'm doing the Slim Pickens bomb ride from Dr. Strangelove except riding/firing off a big fuckoff rocket launcher

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you
I remember the best thing to do in the original game for most of the early-mid game was to arm a couple ships with the long range lazers and do repeated hit and runs. Plasma was costly in the long run. No idea about these weapons soooooo....

Almost all human weapons are "long" as in 1x4, 1x3, 1x2 size. There are a few exceptions like the 2x2 turret systems that can go on cars or hawk airs. italics mean we have it in service rn.
    Guns:
  • Bolter 4k. 1x3. Shoots lazers, no ammo. 12 damage
  • Lancer 7k 1x4. Lazer / no ammo, 16 damage
  • Laser Defense array. 2x2. no ammo. 8 damage. shoots down inbound missile
  • Rendor Plasma. 1x2. Needs plasma ammo. 20 D!. Much better than laser but costly
  • Lineage Plasma. 1x3. 25 damage. Same as above but bigger.
  • Plasma turret. 2x2. 14 damage. takes ammo. Shoots in any direction, don't need to aim.
  • Plasma defense array. 2x2. 12D. Shoots inbound missiles.
  • 40mm. 1x2. Shoots bullets. 10 damage. Cheap, shoots fast.
    *]Justice Missile. 1x3. 1 round but 50 fuckin damage. Missile is slow
  • Prophet Missile. 1x3. 8 round. 26D. More accurate, faster missile.
  • Janitor Missile. 1x3. 24 round. 22D. Sorta low level missile. Good for longer fights.
  • Retribution Missile. 1x4. 1 round. 68D. Most powerful, slowest. Basically a tactical nuke.
How long does it take the hoverbikes to gently caress off back home and rearm? Would it be feasible to field like 2 dozen of them using the Justice Missiles? One shot but 50Dx20 or whatever.
Alternatively, like 2 dozen fast firing lazers should be effective but I'm sure we'd lose several every sortie.

• Hawk Air Warrior: 3 weapon slots, one 2x2, can fit exactly one alien gun. Very expensive, very slow. Holds a lot of guys and equipment
  • Valkyrie Interceptor: 2 weapon slots, moderate cost and slowness. 8 guys, 12 equip
  • Phoenix Hovercar: 2 medium weapon slots, cheaper / faster. 4 guys, 4 equip
  • Hoverbike: 1 small weapon slot, cheapest / fastest. 2 guys, 1 equip

Have there been any missions so far that we've need more than the 8-12 bro's that the Valkyrie offers? The bigger ships usually aren't worth the cost, but again I'm going off of UFO and TFTD.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Deadbeat Poetry posted:

I remember the best thing to do in the original game for most of the early-mid game was to arm a couple ships with the long range lazers and do repeated hit and runs. Plasma was costly in the long run. No idea about these weapons soooooo....

How long does it take the hoverbikes to gently caress off back home and rearm? Would it be feasible to field like 2 dozen of them using the Justice Missiles? One shot but 50Dx20 or whatever.
Alternatively, like 2 dozen fast firing lazers should be effective but I'm sure we'd lose several every sortie.

Eh, they could hold that thing, it's just small enough to physically fit. It takes some time to reload and the UFOs might be gone. We can buy one to try it out if you want.

Deadbeat Poetry posted:

Have there been any missions so far that we've need more than the 8-12 bro's that the Valkyrie offers? The bigger ships usually aren't worth the cost, but again I'm going off of UFO and TFTD.

It's all trade offs, but basically no. Depending on what UFOs come out we may need more guys in a flying ship, but once you get past like 12 agents out at once it starts to become unwieldy. You have a better chance of someone getting hurt, but you also have more support and less chance of someone dying (unless you do something stupid like get a whole squad blown up). Also less chance of guys increasing their skills when you have huge squads.

If the aliens send in like a fuckin mothership then we'll want to go ahead and shovel 83 guys into a transport if we can.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
So, we got our TPS report back from the gov:

According to these numbers our agents are contributing more than our scientists. also I clicked ok and it took the 30 grand back to pay our guys or something

Science Department:
Eng: Toxin B x8 (42%)
Phy: Alien Control System (52%)
Bio:

Biology has completely run out of samples, they now have nothing to do, so we should figure out a way to get more samples for them.

So nothing that we did yesterday was enough to reverse the aliens, just stop their growth. Cult has stabilized instead of fully dropping to zero. Osiron, Diablo, and the Cult are currently the only people in danger.

Base Report:

not much. The big physics lab will finish this week, I built a living quarters and they should come online at the same time. Sorry Viking, I lied, you won't get hired until this stuff is built.

Craft Report:
I buy one interceptor, 4 plasma guns, and roughly half the available weapons controllers. But we're already cashed out and can't afford anything else.
    Basic Breakdown
  • 2 Interceptors: weapons control, heavy plasma, one has missiles, one lazer
  • 2 Phoenix: one has weapons control. 50/50 laser / missile
  • 5 Hoverbikes: 2 are autocannon, 2 have small plasma + targeting comp, 1 has missiles
We didn't have enough to get weapons controls for everything, or advanced missiles. I upgraded some hoverbike engines tho.

Well, it's 20 minutes past cashing our gov't assistance check and we're already broke.

Choose an Option:
  1. Raid:
    a) Psyke
    b) The Cult
  2. Investigate:
    a) Osiron
    b) Diablo
    c) The Cult
  3. Hire and arm more agents err: no money
  4. Buy and equip our vehicles with more powerful weapons & gear err: no money
  5. Build up the bases err: no money

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Raid psyche. This time knock down their slum too afterwards to send a message.

Don't bother investigating, Bio research said that the aliens die after a few days from breathing too much air on Earth anyway or something right?

Dong Quixote fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 29, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Mostly that they have a complex lifecycle that moves rapidly and then they die

We don't know where the multiworm eggs or brainsucker pods come from, if like skelitoids gently caress a spitter to produce them or what, and we also don't exactly know what happens when people get brainsucked, but it appears they permanently become an alien but are physically human. Need more samples to figure it out entirely. They do die quickly on earth tho so :confused:

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Look boss if you want to stick your neck out to make sure that aliens don't brainsuck the cashiers at nutrivend and corner the market on minimum wage jobs then go ahead, but as long as the cops and the feds who pay us don't get brainsucked, we might as well focus on the REAL mission of XCom i.e. shaking down nerds for their lunch money.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Raid Psyche. Put me in if my dumb rear end isn't injured anymore boss!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
WWN is still hosed up pretty bad, along with Grem, PenguinSalsa, Alan Smithee, and rality_groove. Everyone else is pretty much ok.

Raid -- Civic Project:
S1: pop fly to McGillicutty, Molothecat, William Henry Hairytaint, Gridlocked
S2: ElectricSheep, HBar, Single and LOVING IT, Markoff Chaney

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIH60wuQfEk

I wasn't paying attention and accidentally left Taint with the toxin gun, so unless we do some scavenging they're gonna have to rely on mindwaves. We load into the map and it's basically just a long wall.

I send single around the corner and there's a guy who immediately shoots point blank. The armor holds for now
https://i.imgur.com/7J8L9kD.gifv
There's a gun for Taint. It's troubling tho, somehow they've gained access to alien tech. They know how to use whatever that claw thing is and we don't.
This is turning out to be weird as gently caress. I bet they have guys all along this corridor.
https://i.imgur.com/uFQFo4g.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/NC2dKD8.gifv
yeah this is fuckin wack, we don't have the space to use heavy weapons, looks like Electric got ripped off again.
https://i.imgur.com/dKygTmR.gifv
I have Markoff run forward and it's a fuckload. There's at least seven more guys, heavy weapons, crazy poo poo. We need to figure out a way to resolve this

I eyeball the spacing and decide to let ElectricSheep take it from here. Something about "friendly neighborhood BBQ" & "let me light the grill"
https://i.imgur.com/E18rb5q.gifv

This won't put all these guys to bed, but it will hopefully prevent them from getting too close. Plus if we hide in the alcoves they'll have to run through the flames to get a bead, and we can just shoot them when they come by. Or that's the idea.

Meanwhile I have the muties try to work together and arm Taint. I cannot understate the weakness of their noodly arms. We're gonna hve to figure something out with these guys.
https://i.imgur.com/jeUbfr0.gifv

On their turn I can hear some burning and screaming type noises, then they barge on through the flames:
https://i.imgur.com/g0WY7Ch.gifv
It sorta worked. They threw some kinda grenade but the I-beams provided enough cover.

Single blasts thru the wall and it's... a graveyard?
https://i.imgur.com/L4P2pS7.gifv
Julian Gollop... Thad Frogley... Hick Gollop... Steve Hoorhouse... Joe Bloggs. Touching really. You need to have respect for the dead.
https://i.imgur.com/n1U92ux.gifv
well, it's the thought that counts.

Meanwhile S1 makes it around to the entrance. Seems like they've basically built themselves some kinda castle.
https://i.imgur.com/jKuLk9i.gifv

Back to S2 & Chaney:
https://i.imgur.com/DbNDtdR.gifv

Sheep, it would prob be a good idea to check and see if any snuck past:
https://i.imgur.com/spZhH9z.gifv
Well. Would have been a good idea, except she had a primed grenade in her hand, and Sheep had a backpack full of missiles waiting to go off. This also destroyed almost all the loot so that's a plus.

HBar runs up to inspect Sheep's body. The launcher still works. It still has one missile left. They're gonna pay next turn.
https://i.imgur.com/NoZLDm8.gifv
Well, revenge is a dish best served cold it seems.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
pre:
        _.---,._,'
       /' _.--.<
         /'     `'  
       /' _.---.____
       \.'   ___, .-'`							
           /'    \\  			               (.\
         /'       `-.			               |/(\
 X-COM  |                             			\ \\
Memorial|        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~" "'\
Landfill|      .' R  I  P `.    .' R  I  P `.    .' R  I  P `.
        |      |   Free    |    |  Resting  |    |Brazillian-|
        |      |  Hubcaps  |    | B1tchface |    | peanutwar |
        |      |FELL  700FT|    |BRAINSUCKED|    |BRAINSUCKED|
         \   \\|  0 Kills  |//\\|  1 Kill   |//\\|  0 Kills  |//
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.        .-'~~~`-.    
  .' R  I  P `.    .' R  I  P `.    .' R  I  p `.    .' R  I  P `.  
  | Honky Dong|    |  Away all |    | Yvershek  |    | Harveygod |  
  |  Country  |    |   Goats   |    |           |    |           |  
  |BRAINSUCKED|    | BLOWN UP  |    | BLOWN UP  |    | VAPORIZED |  
\\| 16 Kills  |//\\|  4 Kills  |//\\|  9 Kills  |//\\| 10 Kills  |//
  .' R  I  P `.    .' R  i  P `.    .' R  I  p `.    .' R  I  P `.  
  |  Sammus   |    |  Jawdins  |    | a hole-y  |    |  Senekr   |  
  |           |    |           |    |   ghost   |    |           |  
  | VAPORIZED |    | BLED  OUT |    | VAPORIZED |    | BLOWN UP  |  
\\| 10 kills  |//\\|  6 Kills  |//\\|16 Projects|//\\|  2 Kills  |//
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^l
  .' R  I  P `.    .' R  i  P `.    .' R  I  p `.    .' r  I  P `.  
  | Electric  |    |           |    |           |    |           |  
  |   Sheep   |    |           |    |           |    |           |  
  | BLOWN UP  |    |           |    |           |    |           |  
\\| 10 Kills  |//\\|           |//\\|           |//\\|           |//

Psyke is a good source of guns, assuming we don't blow up the loot every time. We also got a handful of psyclones, but less than what we get from the cult. IMO it's looking like psyke isn't a big time moneymaker like the cult is. They use a lot of explosives.

HBar takes up ElectricSheep's mantle. Not the best guy for heavy munitions specialist (extreme brittle weakness), but they got guts. Sorta. We only have two missiles, everything else detonated last mission.

What do we want to use our ill gotten gains on?
    Choose an Option:
  1. Raid:
    a) Psyke
    b) The Cult
  2. Investigate:
    a) Osiron
    b) Diablo
    c) The Cult
  3. Hire and arm more agents
  4. Focus on craft
  5. Build up the bases

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

gently caress the cult up and take their stuff.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

2a) Investigate Osiron. They're neutral and waiting too long risks them tipping xeno.

Alternatively, does the game track things offscreen? If we wait a few days or something, is there a chance of getting new samples for bio?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
to get samples we literally need to go physically find, kill, and recover the corpses of new types of aliens we've never seen before.

The game does track other stuff offscreen, like how the gently caress does Psyke have access to alien tech that we don't have access to??? Maybe thru the cult? They're both our enemies and at one point the cult was heavily influenced. Maybe the game makes up bullshit tho, i'm not sure how intricate it is under the hood, although I know there's several files that are like BRAIN0.DAT where the various orgs seemingly develop strategies as you play. I have no idea how they're formed, what the contents are, or how to access them. There's also like BRAIN.PCK and various other copies, some of witch have no number, but PCK is just a binary package of some info, it doesn't necessarily store images like PHOTO.PCK has all the agent faces.

There's a lot in there that's arcane as gently caress DOS style poo poo. What the hell is .MCD? What's a .TAB? Who even knows anymore?

Bottom line is I don't know how much of what's going on is just bullshit the game throws out and how much is the game orgs actively working for their own benefit or doing ~things~. I know they have income and expenditures and can be financially damaged. I can tell you that I have never been in a situation where any other org has tech that we don't have. I've been in situations where the UFO lineup is radically different from what they've been throwing at us, but what we're getting so far isn't completely insane (yet).

E: nm, this part was spoilers but there's no real point to actually posting it, just trust that the various orgs (at least aliens for sure) do actively make decisions in a "real" sense, but I don't know how much is actively modeled and how much is "faked" by the engine.

E2: I do know of one example where there is an org in the game right now that has tech we don't have, but it's kind of a weird special case in that it's special niche human tech you can only ever get it via raid, and it's like that for every game. I would not recommend pissing these guys off at this time. I've never gone through and actually recovered any of these things either, but I never got into a heavy raid-based playstyle either.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 29, 2017

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
I had forgotten how sophisticated and ambitious Apocalypse was to the previous X-Coms.

Related (don't mean to derail), Julian Gollop is working on a new X-com like game that was successfully crowdfunded called Pheonix Point. It looks to be a hybrid of the old and new X-coms. It will have a few independent factions like in Apocalypse, but only three of them.

Main website:
https://phoenixpoint.info/

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
If X-Com needs another agent (since we just lost two brave heroes) I'm up for it.

It's been a little while since we hosed with the Cult (or at least it seems that way). Maybe a cash grab is in order.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

nnnotime posted:

I had forgotten how sophisticated and ambitious Apocalypse was to the previous X-Coms.

Related (don't mean to derail), Julian Gollop is working on a new X-com like game that was successfully crowdfunded called Pheonix Point. It looks to be a hybrid of the old and new X-coms. It will have a few independent factions like in Apocalypse, but only three of them.

Main website:
https://phoenixpoint.info/

I like this kinda poo poo because it's sort of like taking a left hand turn. If xcom had gone left instead of right at the fork we'd have something like this instead of the modern xcoms (and now we're gonna end up with both, win-win). IMO this is basically the sequel to TFTD, it's got that weird ocean mutie vibe to it

Now someone needs to come up with a left turn for elder scrolls, as if they hadn't gone right with oblivion.

The Cubelodyte posted:

If X-Com needs another agent (since we just lost two brave heroes) I'm up for it.

It's been a little while since we hosed with the Cult (or at least it seems that way). Maybe a cash grab is in order.

On the list.

Preparing to kick some doors in

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GYbevWtzfk

Raid -- Temple of the Visitors:
S1: pop fly to McGillicutty, Molothecat, William Henry Hairytaint, Markoff Chaney
S2: Chillgamesh, mind the walrus, HBar, Gridlocked

You guys are getting the drill here. We load into some kinda waiting room thing with some columns and the usual drapes. Markoff shoots some for kicks. No evidence of aliens this time around.

We make contact, but they're pretty far off. Sniper. HBar doesn't have the speed to shoot a missile, but is able to apply brainwaves. They run away.

Pop Fly's up
https://i.imgur.com/ubOiuYo.gifv
Taint does more psi, takes a hit or two. I send Chill up with the sword
https://i.imgur.com/63HIYju.gifv

I had Molo & Walrus run thru the basement. Good goddamn thing, that's some heavy weapons. We're gonna wanna just gas em I think, don't want to damage the loot. I have walrus also apply brainwaves as well.
https://i.imgur.com/MxwWIvg.gifv
The one closest to our other guys is outside the gas, so we'll need to be a little bit careful.

You know what gently caress it, lets just wrap this poo poo up:

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Dec 30, 2017

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Got some mixed loot. Not any really sweet weapons or even large missiles. Got a few psyclones out the deal. Worth it I guess, but nothing truly amazing.

I should have went after one of their temples that could have had aliens hiding in it, but I just went for the closest one. Oh well.

I guess next i'll try and hire more agents to cover our losses, unless someone has a better idea

e: apparently the last clip failed to upload correctly or something, lemme fux with it

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 30, 2017

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

I guess next i'll try and hire more agents to cover our losses, unless someone has a better idea

How about more engineers?

Buy XCom an agent and they'll get loot for a day (before getting murked). But buy XCom an engineer and they'll make loot forever

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
true. in order to get engineers we need to build more engineering bays and living quarters. So we'd have to do some pretty extensive renovations hypothetically we could hire every engineer that shows up and make a profit -- like we could make an entire base geared towards manufacturing and it would come out as making more money than invested. I think the max amount of any type of guys the game will let you hire is 50, so that'd require ten engineering bays, 5 living quarters, and some way to keep them safe.

Choose an Option:
  1. Raid:
    a) Psyke
    b) The Cult
  2. Investigate:
    a) Osiron
    b) Diablo
    c) The Cult
  3. Hire and arm more agents
  4. Focus on craft
  5. Build up engineering
  6. Build up physics

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.
Hire another agent if we can afford to equip them, then investigate Diablo if we have a likely target.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

2a) Investigate Osiron
5) More Engineers Needed

"Sir, we are sorely understaffed down in Engineering!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
See, you let suspect requisitions like "18 backlights, 4 fog machines" thru because you give your guys the benefit of the doubt, and they pull stunts like this smdh

*leaves, walks past the garage*

"Aaaaay who's gonna be signing for these lights I got other deliveries heah!"

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
2b and 4 IMO. If we let our interceptors lag we're probably gonna have to start dealing with a lot more direct-injected alien influence and we don't want that to get out of hand.

MilkmanLuke
Jul 4, 2012

I'm da prettiest, so I'm da boss.

Baus is boss.

poisonpill posted:

2a) Investigate Osiron
5) More Engineers Needed

"Sir, we are sorely understaffed down in Engineering!

Stay safe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABxL2LrmWoM

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
SniperWoreConverse, I'm enlisting to be put on the Agent/soldier waiting list. I'll be going thru the training simulations and PT daily until I'm put into the field, boss.

(meditates and chants the Litanies of Hatred)

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

The Cubelodyte posted:

2b and 4 IMO. If we let our interceptors lag we're probably gonna have to start dealing with a lot more direct-injected alien influence and we don't want that to get out of hand.

Concur with this.

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
1b, 4, 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
1B - Raid the Cult and let's get the good stuff this time.

5, 6 - We need more cash flow from gadget production and we're gonna need more physicists soon!

• Locked thread