Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I saw Bright tonight.

What was the problem, exactly? Came in expecting a magical buddy cop movie, saw a mafical buddy cop movie, was entertained for 2 hours. I swear some of y'all have ridiculosuly high standards for your dumb action/adventure films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

I've never seen episode 3 (or 2 for that matter), but the memes about killing all those kids are pretty funny.

They never bother even trying to justify it, it just kind of happens.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Big Lebowski

Huh, made me think of the Coen brothers. No one ever mentioned the Hudsucker Proxy as a christmas movie when we were having that conversation.

It's not my favorite but I'd watch it over a bunch of traditional Christmas movies any day of the week. Well I would in theory, I haven't seen it in probably 15 years and I don't honestly remember if it's all that good.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hey, Nintendo Switch owners: I need some game ideas. I got SM: Odyssey, but beyond that need something. I already played BotW and MK8 on Wii U, so I'm probably going to pass on them. I'm thinking about Skyrim, but...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

I saw Bright tonight.

What was the problem, exactly? Came in expecting a magical buddy cop movie, saw a mafical buddy cop movie, was entertained for 2 hours. I swear some of y'all have ridiculosuly high standards for your dumb action/adventure films.

Pretty much my feeling.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quiet Feet posted:

I saw Bright tonight.

ALL MOVIES ARE HIGH ART YOU PLEB

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Hey, Nintendo Switch owners: I need some game ideas. I got SM: Odyssey, but beyond that need something. I already played BotW and MK8 on Wii U, so I'm probably going to pass on them. I'm thinking about Skyrim, but...

Splat2n, Mario XCOM

Barudak
May 7, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Do you play with other people? If so the shallow but super goofy gameplay of ARMS is a real treat. Otherwise Mario X-Com is fun as hell and I demand a sequel and Picross remains ever excellent.

You can also be a chump and download poo poo like Vs. Mario Brothers.

Xenoblade 2 is a loving mess and I'd only recommend it if your desire for a game is to waste all of your goddamn time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

seiferguy posted:

Depending on how you like JRPGs Xenoblade 2 is pretty good.

Annoying as gently caress to 100% tho.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I play Rocket League on Switch and it's great.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/AP/status/946273117688811520

lmaoooooo go the gently caress away and die a disgrace you looney

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol what a piece of poo poo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Played Witcher 3 for the first time tonight and I got a QTE to throw a baby into an oven. Video games are alright.

Also the baby was fine and it was all just a clever ruse.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 28, 2017

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Big Lebowski

I’m not saying it’s the best movie ever or even remotely perfect, but man does this movie speak to my life and I love it dearly

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So, shadow of mordor: on the PC, using a gamepad is awful, there's a terrible lag and some googling reveals lots of complaints and no fixes. So, keyboard WASD is the way to go, but: christ holding down left shift forever sucks rear end, my pinkie is killing me.

So: there's a thing called autohotkey, map a secondary key to stealth (I'm using b) and then assign an autohotkey script to that key to toggle stealth so you don't have to loving hold left shift or whatever all the drat time. Oh my god it's such a gameplay improvement.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

eventually you don't even need stealth

just walk into a crowd of 200 orks and slaughter them all!

http://i.imgur.com/aq86MwW.mp4

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

seiferguy posted:

Yea as said Mario XCom (Rabbids), Splatoon are real fun. I just downloaded Nine Parchments last night which is like some Diablo/Harry Potter mix and its pretty fun so far.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think Enter the Gungeon is available for the Switch. It's a roguelike dungeon crawl bullet hell game with 16 bit graphics. It was only 7 bucks on X-Box.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

do you look forward to coffee in the morning?

Yep.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Coffee is for the weak.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Coffee is for the weak.

:wrong:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mad magazine doing better then most american news outlets:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lmao I shamed an orc so that I could assimilate him but I guess it broke his mind and made him deranged so all he does is shriek mindlessly and when I bring him on fortress sieges I can hear him screaming in the distance. Shine on you deranged bastard

Game of the year

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Coffee is for every day of the week.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

seiferguy posted:

Rabbids and Golf Story and SaGa

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Lmao I shamed an orc so that I could assimilate him but I guess it broke his mind and made him deranged so all he does is shriek mindlessly and when I bring him on fortress sieges I can hear him screaming in the distance. Shine on you deranged bastard

One guy went deranged and just kept repeating "Meat" over and over again.

Mild spoilers if you haven't finished the Bruz storyline

After I kicked him out of the castle, shamed him, and made him go deranged, I went to fight him again to recruit him. All he says is "I don't even want the castle. TAKE THE CASTLE. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Well due to some lovely playing by me, Bruz eventually ended up Overlord again. When I confronted him in the throne room, he was still sitting there, begging me not fight him and promising he didn't even want the throne.

During the fight, he just kept screaming "KEEP THE BLOODY FORT"

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Spoeank posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/946273117688811520

lmaoooooo go the gently caress away and die a disgrace you looney

quote:

In the complaint, Moore’s attorneys noted the higher than expected turnout in the race, particularly in Jefferson County, and said that Moore’s numbers were suspiciously low in about 20 Jefferson County precincts.

From CNN:

quote:

Moore's complaint also alleged "anomalous" higher voter turnout in Jefferson County, in which census data shows 43% of the population is black. He called the county's 47% voter turnout as "highly unusual" and questioned the integrity of its election results.

:thunk:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'll probably pick up the Rabbids game. I've never played any XCOM game before, although I won one in a SAS competition by making the case that former Mariner catcher Dan Wilson was a hall of famer.

Golf story looks up my alley. I might also snag Stardew Valley, since I haven't played that yet and was a fan of Harvest Moon.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

a stroke happening in real time

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/946401576381505536

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This is your big manly alpha president, CHUDs, a guy heavily invested in Vanity Fair articles and Anna Wintour.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Anna Wintour is the editor-in-chief of Vogue so I guess President Smoothbrains Retard confused it for Vanity Fair

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, I clicked through to that Trump tweet and this Jacob Wohl guy I assumed was roasting Trump joking like he was the North Korean press talking about Dear Leader, but he's apparently for real.

quote:

President Trump has MUCH higher approval ratings that Obama did at the end of his first year in office.

President Trump is quickly becoming the most popular President in history because he is all about putting #AmericaFirst

WINNING - New Jerusalem Train Station near the Western Wall to be named after President Trump for his Brave and Courageous support of the Jewish State

It just goes on and on like that. Poe's law in the wild I guess, I honestly thought it was a parody.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, I clicked through to that Trump tweet and this Jacob Wohl guy I assumed was roasting Trump joking like he was the North Korean press talking about Dear Leader, but he's apparently for real.

It just goes on and on like that. Poe's law in the wild I guess, I honestly thought it was a parody.

Yeah I just saw that. Dude really wants dear leader to notice him and give him a pardon

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
^^ beat me to it

Grittybeard posted:

IIRC Jacob Wohl has been charged with some serious (white collar) crimes and will very likely get convicted, so this is his way of trying to get a pardon from Trump

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jacob Wohl is my favorite failson because he made some video about how his investment strategies can make you rich... All while wearing an ill-fitting suit with a wet head of hair and his computer monitors were on a folding table.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Wanna share this picture of one of my kittehs. Thor just has to be close to his dad.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

pubic works project posted:

Wanna share this picture of one of my kittehs. Thor just has to be close to his dad.

:justpost:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This lady went and pulled the court case which has all of the editor's comments, it's pretty good:

https://twitter.com/sarahmei/status/946347142012051456

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

I will sic my Cat of Thunder on you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
He still got a check for 80 grand out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

This lady went and pulled the court case which has all of the editor's comments, it's pretty good:

https://twitter.com/sarahmei/status/946347142012051456

• Locked thread