Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Naruto just wanted everyone to stop hating him and ended up having everyone accidentally love him because if his natural idiot hero charisma.

Boruto is That Guy, the one who knows everyone's phone number and birthday off the top of his head and will be the first person to notice your new haircut or shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Mitsuki's arc was quicker than expected, at least as someone who hasn't read the manga. I was hoping for a bit more of Mitsuki's older brother or finding out what happened when he met with Orochimaru and the older Mitsuki (does he have his own name?) again after that. Still, seeing him go Super Snake Saiyan was pretty fun at least and it did make me more interested in his background and character. So job done I guess. It's also pretty consistently funny that Orochimaru probably took Naruto's friendship and forgiveness more to heart than anyone.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i've decided that boruto and mitsuki are boyfriends now

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i've decided that boruto and mitsuki are boyfriends now

It's not like Mitsuki hasn't admitted that he likes Boruto.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Mitsuki is open about his feelings for Boruto. Sarada is tsundere.

Boruto will end up marrying Class Rep.
Mitsuki will end up making his own children.
Sarada will end up forever alone with only her edge to keep her company.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sarada will take after her mother, and find the worst possible person to marry. like i dunno, edo tensei danzou or something.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

sarada will take after her mother, and find the worst possible person to marry. like i dunno, edo tensei danzou or something.

At best, she might finally achieve her dream of becoming Hokage (making her the first Uchiha to ever be considered for the position). Speaking of which, hope she doesn't wind up going nuts or something later down the line (or at the very least, she winds up taking after her late uncle more than her dad).

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Nah, that's Himawari's job.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, Himawari is definitely going to take after her dead uncle, though I guess he's more her dead cousin once removed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've mostly caught up and come to the conclusion that Mitsuki is totally gay for Bort.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Too bad in the sequel to Bort he's going to be inexplicably married to the class rep.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sindai posted:

Too bad in the sequel to Bort he's going to be inexplicably married to the class rep.

worse, salad. poor, doomed salad.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

seiferguy posted:

I've mostly caught up and come to the conclusion that Mitsuki is totally gay for Bort.

What if Kaworu was a ninja instead of an angel?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Did they ever reveal who Rock Lee had a kid with

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Umbreon posted:

Did they ever reveal who Rock Lee had a kid with

budding

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

HitTheTargets posted:

What if Kaworu was a ninja instead of an angel?

What if Ryo had been just a ninja instead of Satan.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Rock Lee is married to the fountain of youth and taijutsu.

But in reality, Kishimoto said in an interview that they haven't drawn her / come up with who it is, so it's probably some random person made.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I really hope she has a bowl cut too

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

JahRoo posted:

I really hope she has a bowl cut too

I hope she has an inverted bowl cut, and there's literally just a bowl of hair sitting face up on her head. And that she stores some stuff in it, because gently caress it, why not. Make it Ten-Ten, and have her store scrolls there now.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Rock Lee is married to the fountain of youth and taijutsu.

But in reality, Kishimoto said in an interview that they haven't drawn her / come up with who it is, so it's probably some random person made.

Oh come the gently caress on. Did Kishi seriously think everyone wouldn't rabidly be wondering who was actually crazy enough to bang Rock Lee the moment they saw he had a kid?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Umbreon posted:

Oh come the gently caress on. Did Kishi seriously think everyone wouldn't rabidly be wondering who was actually crazy enough to bang Rock Lee the moment they saw he had a kid?

They can't guess correctly if there's no answer.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Metal's mother is Gai.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Yet another wonderful son named Bort:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Umbreon posted:

Rock Lee is incredibly confident, and chicks love confidence. Plus he's a goddamn war hero.

I think the hilarious part is Metal Lee is neither of these things (yet).

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
We didn't even see Rock Lee's own parents.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

RealFoxy posted:

We didn't even see Rock Lee's own parents.

My honest feeling is that Rock Lee is an orphan, with his parents possibly killed in the 9 tails attack. When he's hospitalized after Gaara nearly kills him, no one shows up. The fact that he looks up to Might Gai like a dad seems to validate this.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

seiferguy posted:

My honest feeling is that Rock Lee is an orphan, with his parents possibly killed in the 9 tails attack. When he's hospitalized after Gaara nearly kills him, no one shows up. The fact that he looks up to Might Gai like a dad seems to validate this.
Maybe Rock Lee adopted his son

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I enjoy the gatling gun versus power armor poo poo the manga is currently dealing with. The only thing is the dumb future opening thing we must inevitably lead to cuz otherwise it'd be cool if the age of the ninja really was gradually phased out and eventually it's just a series with people shooting ninja RPGs at each other and poo poo. until it's finally the stealth Mario continuation everyone really wants.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I enjoy the gatling gun versus power armor poo poo the manga is currently dealing with. The only thing is the dumb future opening thing we must inevitably lead to cuz otherwise it'd be cool if the age of the ninja really was gradually phased out and eventually it's just a series with people shooting ninja RPGs at each other and poo poo. until it's finally the stealth Mario continuation everyone really wants.

I don't read the manga, but does the use of guns have anything to do with why ninjas are being phased out?(besides all the peacetime)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Who could've seen this coming. A giant gatling gun was used for shooting. Oddly, it shoots chakra, seems like loading kunai would've been a better idea...or you know bullets.

Umbreon posted:

I don't read the manga, but does the use of guns have anything to do with why ninjas are being phased out?(besides all the peacetime)

Yes

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

seiferguy posted:

IIRC there's a flashback to when they first met although I don't know if it's anime only or not - Gai takes him on as a student after being inspired by his desire to keep training without chakra.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Darth TNT posted:

A giant gatling gun was used for shooting. Oddly, it shoots chakra, seems like loading kunai would've been a better idea...or you know bullets.

I don't see why it would be, given the speed that characters often act and react within the manga as well as the quality and nature of defenses even kids only really started their training can achieve. Chakra seems like it'd have a greater effect on that magic shielding than a kunai or bullet.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Darth TNT posted:

Who could've seen this coming. A giant gatling gun was used for shooting. Oddly, it shoots chakra, seems like loading kunai would've been a better idea...or you know bullets.

With chakra you don't have to worry about lugging ammo around or running out of it. Granted you'd need to be careful of how much chakra you're using, but as an expert ninja Ao can probably control the amount he puts in.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Mraagvpeine posted:

With chakra you don't have to worry about lugging ammo around or running out of it. Granted you'd need to be careful of how much chakra you're using, but as an expert ninja Ao can probably control the amount he puts in.

I was thinking that too, but then I remembered that a ninja could feasibly store all their ammo in scroll ammo "clips". Just summon each projectile the moment before it's fired.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'd still love to see Tenten having got the opportunity to cut loose, and just unleash the most improbable and silly things from scrolls. Gatling guns, tanks, skyscrapers, showers of thousands of needles at once, whatever. Especially if she appears in the background Prince from Katamari Damaci style, picking up random objects for dozens of episodes before hand.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
chakra gatling guns are basically mass-produced narutos. it's not like naruto ever used stealth, so the world is just following his lead and focusing on brute force instead of traditional ninja poo poo.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mraagvpeine posted:

I suppose that's true, but scrolls of holding exist.

Fun part is that if they would combine those it would make Tenten even more useless. Great, you can throw weapons really accurate, let me just try this minigun.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

I suppose that's true, but scrolls of holding exist.

Fun part is that if they would combine those it would make Tenten even more useless. Great, you can throw weapons really accurate, let me just try this minigun.

Tenten is genuinely in love with weapons of all types, I wouldn't be surprised to find out she's a master of all guns.

But given how guns in shounen work--and since in the flashfoward Boruto is still using a dinky little sword--all of Tenten's fights are like that scene in every Schwarzenegger movie where he stands still as dozens of men fire wildly at him and miss while he shoots back with pintpoint accuracy.

Except here Tenten is the army of goons and Schwarzenegger is an alien god.

God, it just occurs to me that Boruto is an alien invasion story.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I mean, Naruto establishes that the source of all ninja powers was an alien princess that ate a demon fruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This week Boruto vs Crunch and Late Stage Capitalism.