Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I bought Everybody’s Golf mostly for local multiplayer but there’s only one course available - how do I unlock the others? Can they be unlocked through multiplayer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope, better get playing single player to (very slowly) unlock them. That was my biggest problem with EG.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Kin posted:

I'm playing through DS3 on the PC just now and, while i've got it on max settings, i don't know quite how to place it but BB just looks a hell of a lot better graphically.

It's just way richer visually and thematically. Technically they're the same but the art direction of BB is unrivalled. Dark Souls started to get tired after the second game and I don't think there needs to be a 4th one. It's ran its course.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They did say they're done making Dark Souls. But I do have a feeling they'll make a fourth one maybe around the tenth anniversary of Dark Souls 1. Franchises never stay dead anymore. And I somehow don't see the franchise explicitly about not being able to die staying dead forever. Hopefully their creative spark will have been renewed by then.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they'll definitely make more games in the same vein but I think you can take them at their word that they won't make a game specifically called dark souls again

spiritual successors are kinda their thing. you can tie the whole series all the way back to king's field on the ps1

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If they make dark souls they gotta split the money with bandai

They'll make devil souls or dragon souls or darkwing duck souls and keep all that loot

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Real hurthling! posted:

If they make dark souls they gotta split the money with bandai

They'll make devil souls or dragon souls or darkwing duck souls and keep all that loot

You Got Dangerous

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fuzz posted:

Someone doesn't have a Pro. :smugbert:

Is it supposed to run better on the Pro? I haven't noticed a huge difference.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Montalvo posted:

Is it supposed to run better on the Pro? I haven't noticed a huge difference.

Its not a big dif

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Play Night in the Woods and instead of blowing up buildings or killing prostitutes like in other games, imagine you're doing the equivalent to Mae's social life.
Already played that non-sense

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Spring Break My Heart posted:

What's a good mid-length low tension game that I can just screw around with?

Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Me and my friends are enjoying the absolute hell out of Gang Beasts, but we seriously spend 95% of the time trying to form a party and not being able to connect. The game is incredible and silly, just let me play it a little on your absolute poo poo server.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Clearly you have not played against the AI :v:.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Gonna play Nioh again. Beat it at launch. Gonna play it buttery on pro

How are the dlc weapon classes? I ran katana kisurigama last time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rolo posted:

Me and my friends are enjoying the absolute hell out of Gang Beasts, but we seriously spend 95% of the time trying to form a party and not being able to connect. The game is incredible and silly, just let me play it a little on your absolute poo poo server.

Yeah me and some other goons have spent a good chunk of time playing, and it's just hilarious and fun, but it's so broken and poorly fleshed out I'd have a hard time calling it good. Like, it has the worst matchmaking I have ever seen in a game and the online functionality seems only 1/4 of the way thought out. Then there is the core gameplay. I love how goofy and random it is, and that's what gets everyone laughing, but does it really have to be borderline impossible to jump from one platform to another? and then in some of the rings it's so loving hard to throw someone out it just drags on forever, while in others it's so hard to stay on that the rounds always last 4 seconds. All around it's a great concept that is really poorly executed, but its still given me enough fun that it was easily worth the $15.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Bombadilillo posted:

Gonna play Nioh again. Beat it at launch. Gonna play it buttery on pro

How are the dlc weapon classes? I ran katana kisurigama last time.

Tonfa is fun as gently caress. Odachi sucks poo poo in my opinion, but that's because if I wanted a big slow 2 handed thing I'd just use my dicka giant gently caress off hammer. :black101:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I never tried axe/hammer. Maybe I'll give it a shot!

Did they update magic or spirit stuff at all

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

jesus tapdancing christmas people

:siren:Bloodborne:siren:

COMPLETE EDITION $17.49

https://www.amazon.com/Bloodborne-C...5017a02c2f73022

Literally the best deal in all of gaming

I know this is a late post but does anyone know if I buy this, and already have BB base game w/o the expansion, will I be able to apply this code? The xpack never seems to go on sale on PSN and I cannot purchase the digital complete bundle on PSN, only the xpack separately for $20.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Both Odachi and Tonfas are cool.

Odachi's gimmick is that it has moves which transition you between stances. So like, there's a mid stance combo finisher that takes you into high stance or whatever.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Finally got around to playing The Fractured But Whole. Noticed I'm getting weird animation stuttering on frames from cinematic sequences. I would get this problem when watching 2D animation and some movies over plex too but that was on my launch PS4. My PS4 Pro is giving the same problem. Wonder if it has to do with my TV settings?? It's strange..

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
Does the pace of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice pick up at all? It's a pretty game and I'm enjoying it in small doses but it seems a little slow to me. So far it feels like walk forever, solve a puzzle, fight 5 of the same enemy, wash-rinse-repeat a few more times then fight a boss.

Edit: Not complaining about the combat...it just seems like there's not enough of it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Wasn't overwatch on sale a day or two ago? I want to get it but it's showing up as full price now. It's weird because the holiday sale still seems to be going on.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

AutomaticPrince posted:

Does the pace of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice pick up at all? It's a pretty game and I'm enjoying it in small doses but it seems a little slow to me. So far it feels like walk forever, solve a puzzle, fight 5 of the same enemy, wash-rinse-repeat a few more times then fight a boss.

Edit: Not complaining about the combat...it just seems like there's not enough of it.

There are some longer enemy gauntlets toward the back third of the game but there are long stretches without any combat at all that just center around puzzling solving, atmosphere and story. Not that kind of game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Odachi is by far my favorite weapon in Nioh.

It doesn't feel great at the start where you don't enough stamina to do the stance switching properly but gets really fun once you do. Moonlit snow is an amazing move.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Bombadilillo posted:

I never tried axe/hammer. Maybe I'll give it a shot!

Did they update magic or spirit stuff at all

Onmyo is still good for inflicting elemental debuffs and handful of buffs like increased stamina recovery, attack, amrita extraction etc.

Most of them are bad tho

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AutomaticPrince posted:

I'd say yes. The first two areas feel a lot more formulaic than the rest of the game, and although I liked certain aspects of them I really felt the game finds its footing after a couple of hours.

Stick with it. I had similar feelings and it ended up being one of my favorite games this year.

Don't expect too much out of the combat though. I liked it but I never becomes a combat focused game.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 28, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

Onmyo is still good for inflicting elemental debuffs and handful of buffs like increased stamina recovery, attack, amrita extraction etc.

Most of them are bad tho

I remember the 'slow the boss' magic and ninja pill ninjitsu being almost broken.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Pomp posted:

TF2 is already a claimed acronym you have to find another

Tf2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

I remember the 'slow the boss' magic and ninja pill ninjitsu being almost broken.

They nerfed the sloth talisman hard.

Still works well on your first playthrough though. Afterwards it quickly becomes almost useless.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Andrast posted:

They nerfed the sloth talisman hard.

Still works well on your first playthrough though. Afterwards it quickly becomes almost useless.

Well I'm just starting a new game so might work for me.

Oh poo poo. PvP exists? Am I going to get invaded?

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 28, 2017

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Anora posted:

Wow, Gundam Versus is not good.

Just because of the controls too. There are technically like 5 buttons, Jump, Melee, ranged, assist, and switch target, with three other buttons assigned to be combo buttons (like R2 is Ranged and Melee I think), so it's a heavy crap shoot if the button you press activates the power you want. Cannot count the number of times I hit R2 for it to only count as hitting ranged only.

And gently caress me, the enemies are like twice as fast as your suit, which means you won't hit anything except by luck. Which is not a problem for your enemies, who will peg you from across the board as your dodge fails to activate. Assuming you can see who shot you, as the camera is fixed via lock on, and the Right stick does nothing with the camera even when you are not locked on.

It seems like the game wants you to keep dashing, as that seems to improve accuracy, and keeps you from being hit (obviously on that last one), but most characters have a move that stops them dead in their tracks for at least a second, long enough to eat like 4 ranged attacks. It also seems to want you to use the D-pad, as dodging is double tapping buttons, and shielding is pressing down then up (why...?).

If you ever played Federation Vs Zeon or AEUG Vs Titans, it's basically that, but no space, and you can't play as the Mobile Armors, they still show up as bosses, but you can't play them. It's also super grindy, and there's very little content.

I played the poo poo out of FvZ and AvT in high school, and while it's similar to those games it's ultimately very, very different. Boost Dash changed the game drastically, and it's the reason why everything seems to be zipping around at top speed. The old tactic of endless sidestepping is bad because it's terribly slow and makes it easier to dead-angle you (taking fire from a parallel angle rather than a perpendicular one). Playing as mobile armors would be a trap because they're very big and easy to hit, which is really bad in a game centered on not being hit.

All I can say is, get a handle on the basic mechanics of the game (there aren't many) and watch how a professional player controls your suit and try to emulate that. The game didn't really click for me until I watched a professional play the Zeydra and I realized how you need to be Boost Dashing to avoid attacks, establish distance, punish missteps, etc.

It's easily better than those two games, even if the SP options seem paltry by comparison (I really miss AvT's SP 'campaign' where you go through the Gryps War and even the OYW to make certain battles play out differently and change the course of UC history).

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
HZD is a hard game to get back into when you're out of its rhythm. I'm finally going through the Frozen Wilds but feel totally inept at anything other than slinging bombs around so far. Had to drop the difficulty back down just to re-learn how to be efficient at combat again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

el oso posted:

HZD is a hard game to get back into when you're out of its rhythm. I'm finally going through the Frozen Wilds but feel totally inept at anything other than slinging bombs around so far. Had to drop the difficulty back down just to re-learn how to be efficient at combat again.

Doesn't help that the DLC is super hard compared to the base game.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I keep loving up menu navigation in FFXV purrly because it feels so much like it would be a game where O was 'okay' and X was 'back'

Still having a blast. I really like that it's a jrpg that feels like an open world action game.

My only serious complaint so far is that the tutorial and any type of tutorialization in the main game are so. loving. Slow.

The tutorial is painful. An icon appears int he center of the screen "attack Gladiolus" but your controls are still frozen. 2 seconds later, a popup appears "hit O to start attacking".

Lcan I do it yet? No. Dismiss the bix and then wait another second for movement to be unlocked.

Tutorials are a nice thing to have in games, but they don't need to make you wait so long to just try doing the thing. The most valuable part of a tutorial is being able to try the controls in a controlled environment, not being forced to read the instructions.

But that's basically a minor UI complaint.

Injust took down a level 30 demon at level 10 because I was driving to a campground. I'm glad to see there isn't "red skull" style level gating in this. I didn't expect there to be, but it's one of my most-hated rpg mechanics, so I'm always happy to find its absence.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Trip report. Nioh still good as gently caress. That is all.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Snak posted:

I keep loving up menu navigation in FFXV purrly because it feels so much like it would be a game where O was 'okay' and X was 'back'

Still having a blast. I really like that it's a jrpg that feels like an open world action game.

My only serious complaint so far is that the tutorial and any type of tutorialization in the main game are so. loving. Slow.

The tutorial is painful. An icon appears int he center of the screen "attack Gladiolus" but your controls are still frozen. 2 seconds later, a popup appears "hit O to start attacking".

Lcan I do it yet? No. Dismiss the bix and then wait another second for movement to be unlocked.

Tutorials are a nice thing to have in games, but they don't need to make you wait so long to just try doing the thing. The most valuable part of a tutorial is being able to try the controls in a controlled environment, not being forced to read the instructions.

But that's basically a minor UI complaint.

Injust took down a level 30 demon at level 10 because I was driving to a campground. I'm glad to see there isn't "red skull" style level gating in this. I didn't expect there to be, but it's one of my most-hated rpg mechanics, so I'm always happy to find its absence.

Did you see the huge rear end bird yet?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also I only thought the tutorial sucked because it explains things I'd easily find out within my first 1-2 encounters.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Surprised in Nioh I've ended up using spear most. Which I never did before. Tonfa seem like dual blades but slightly stronger and with terrible range. I used spear to get a solid fast stance combo and now I can stop using it.

The progression still feels great. What a game. Gives you tons of moves to make each weapon highly viable by default with real fun paths to improvement.

Nioh real good.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Bombadilillo posted:

Well I'm just starting a new game so might work for me.

Oh poo poo. PvP exists? Am I going to get invaded?

Nah, its just a separate duel arena

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

Did you see the huge rear end bird yet?

Oh yeah.