Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Xander77 posted:

The pyramids were probably built by skilled laborers who were fairly compensated for their work. ABC.
Technically there's nothing in the cartoon contradicting any of that. I'll admit I have no idea about the (lack of) chances for upward mobility in ancient Egypt, but it could be on point as far as that goes? Maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Flipperwaldt posted:

Technically there's nothing in the cartoon contradicting any of that.

Besides the angry looking taskmaster with the whip?

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Yeah yeah, frivolous sexual harassment claims are SUCH a problem :jerkbag:

Seriously, it's just so telling when people think like this. You can narrow them down so easily to either being:
a) conservative
b) misogynistic
c) a rapist
d) all of the above

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Katt posted:

Besides the angry looking taskmaster with the whip?
You mean the serious looking supervisor with his symbolic token of authority.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Flipperwaldt posted:

Yes the workers better show due diligence or be awarded 20 applications with the token of authority.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Flipperwaldt posted:

Never mind that, what is holding up the rope on the front side of the block? Normally there would workers pulling on it, but those are nowhere to be seen.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Katt posted:

Yes the workers better show due diligence or be awarded 20 applications with the token of authority.
I guess I'm just not sure if being an ancient Egyptian employee grants you adequate legal protection from a hostile work environment.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"Haha! I bet they're LOSERS that live in CAMPERS and cook OUTDOORS! What LOSERS!"~cheerleader of the political party that claims to represent REAL AMERICANS who live in CAMPERS and cook OUTDOORS.

Also:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"ISIS sucks."

Bold political take, better make it three Pulitzers

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Grimdude posted:

Yeah yeah, frivolous sexual harassment claims are SUCH a problem :jerkbag:

Also 2017 has definitely assaulted all of us in multiple ways, there is no way the allegations aren't true

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's simpler than that. Under Obama, ISIS was out of control. Under Trump, ISIS is defeated. Just like how under Obama, the economy was struggling and nobody had a job, but under Trump, the economy is booming.

ISIS actually is having a lot of trouble these days, it just has very little to do with anything Donald Trump has done.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
F'real? I don't keep track because they've never really been a threat to the US except that one time back when Obama let them fly planes into some towers in ARE NEW YORK.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Peter Schrank on prospects for Middle East peace in 2018 – Unicef has warned that children are increasingly being forced to act as human shields in war zones including Iraq and Syria"

Telegraph:

UK weather: More snow and temperatures below -13C on the way amid anger after hundreds of air passengers stranded overnight

Independent:

Tesco apologises after customers complain of 'rancid, rotten' turkeys; Philip Hammond urged to publish Treasury's Brexit impact studies

Times:

Obama beats Trump again as most admired American man in poll

Mail:
Mac on...Michael Heseltine and Brexit

Bonus? Mischief and magic of Mac: From the royals to Corbyn and the BBC pay row, how the cartoonist illustrated this year's news

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Eagerly anticipating Garrison's cartoon about the court shutting down Moore after he refused to concede and tried to contest the results.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

tyblazitar posted:

I really like the way this artist portrays the far-right scum, he manages to ridicule them without making them seem harmless, it's got a good balance.

I like Britt's Trump too.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Pants Donkey posted:

Eagerly anticipating Garrison's cartoon about the court shutting down Moore after he refused to concede and tried to contest the results.
Roy? Roy who? Say, have you heard about this Hillary lady? She's just awful.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Could I be wrong about how often Obama golfed? No, no, it is the news media who is wrong.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

I agree, Trump does suffer the handicap of not having Obama's intelligence and self-discipline.

But seriously though, how much of a mindless Trump stooge do you have to be to defend him on the golf issue?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
1. Obama, as far as I can remember, never criticized his predecessor for golfing too much, so there's no element of hypocrisy like there is with Trump
2. Trump's golfed more in his first year than Obama did in his first three years

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

2018, the year in which the cartoonists were purged for sexualising children.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Don't forget about the solid week of comics he did accusing women of overreacting and making false claims when you read this.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Couldn't figure out how to fit this comic in;

Note the 2014 date

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skelley making a last minute play for dumbest comic of the year.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Man, Astérix is such a good comic series. Also I laughed at Rall, help.

moskiitto
Feb 27, 2013

Overlardness
Am I missing something here or is this one confusing as gently caress?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

moskiitto posted:

i know, it's the worst loss edit i've ever seen!!!!!

(it boils down to "Affirmative action is racism. checkmate")

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

moskiitto posted:

colleges want to keep out white people. So yeah, dumb as gently caress

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

moskiitto posted:

It has an "understood fifth panel" that's the green haired Libtard going "oh that's ok than". Because, as we all know, colleges and universities gather higher number of minorities because they hate white people and that kind of racism the Left is ok with. It's not so much a joke but an illustration of something they already believe to be true.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

To be honest, if my father was mutating into David Lloyd-George, I'd be a little concerned too.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

He's not even pretending not to just be redpanels under a different name anymore, is he

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Fathis Munk posted:

Man, Astérix is such a good comic series.
Here Asterix and friends serve as foreign agents in support of the parasitic local aristocracy and prop up an inept enterpreteneur building unsafe tenements. :thermidor:

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
Richard Spencer: I want to "peacefully" exterminate black people because I think their very existence is damaging to the USA
Redpanels guy: This is fine and defensible
Universities: Since black people have less opportunities to access higher level education thanks to a variety of sociopolitical and historical issues, we're setting up programs to help them do that
Redpanels guy: Wait nevermind white supremacy is bad now just so I can compare this to that as a gotcha

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This loving guy I swear.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

Redpanels guy: Wait nevermind white supremacy is bad now just so I can compare this to that as a gotcha

I don't know if there's a name for that argument that goes "You mock me for believing X, but actually it's equivalent to Y which you do believe, also Y is wrong but X isn't somehow" but it seems to be a widespread internet favourite

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Angepain posted:

I don't know if there's a name for that argument that goes "You mock me for believing X, but actually it's equivalent to Y which you do believe, also Y is wrong but X isn't somehow" but it seems to be a widespread internet favourite

Reaffirming ingroup and outgroup boundaries. That recently posted article discussing the descent of Dilbert points out the details of this “joke” structure, but I’m phoneposting and can’t find it. Could someone help?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I dreamt of politoons. There was a series of toons on the issue of NRA lobbying, starring a GOP elephant man with a gun for a trunk. I forgot the points it made but I remember finding some of them disappointingly dumb. I did like the gun-trunk elephant, though. Other than their pistol proboscis, they looked a bit like Rogers' crazy-eyed elephants.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You know what we haven't seen in a while? A "if global warming why cold" cartoon.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/946531657229701120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Wait a minute...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
A representation of that will be in the history tablets.

• Locked thread