Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
They tried to make me go through lvl 2 with cracked/bruised ribs and i made it about 10 minutes before i said gently caress this and became cool pariah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Combatives is cool and good, and when done properly is something that should be incorporated into unit PT

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
its actually really loving stupid MMA jack off poo poo that serves no purpose but I suppose "serving a purpose" hasn't much place in the army anyhow.

not a bad work out but probably wasnt worth the guy who i saw get his trachea crushed or the chick who got her shoulder ruined for life because everyone wants to be loving Butterball or whoever is the MMA people fight club loving TAPOUT gear poo poo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cravius posted:

Combatives is cool and good, and when done properly is something that should be incorporated into unit PT

https://www.politico.eu/article/probe-into-brussels-lockdown-orgy-terror-soldiers-ganshoren-molenbeek/

Orgy for PT in the morning guys. Bring rubbers.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just drink fight milk with eat meal.

Instant muscles and never ending cardio

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

BY BODYGUARDS...and Charlie

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

orgies for soldiers is more grounded in "tradition" than loving high and tights

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Combatives is a good workout until you start "rolling" . Taking a bunch of untrained guys and making them fight with little supervision in a job where you get penalized for being injured is just dumb

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Counterpoint: getting to choke out your boss.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Naked Bear posted:

counter-counterpoint your CO is super mega into macp and has the company do it for weeks at a time for his own satisfaction, built a crossfit gym (that only he can use) with unit funds and will crush you regardless

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I dunno about macp but to be king of army combatives you go learn literally anything else and now you just kerb stomp everyone while they scream about that not being in the book.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Naked Bear posted:

This. Still jack off to the look of confusion, despair, anger, and frustration in his eyes as I choked him.

MAC was good if your instructor was good. My instructor was lvl 4 and would apparently teach his kids how to roll and poo poo. I rolled with him once and I tapped out at least ten times. It was frustrating as hell. Screamed a bunch when he made me bend in ways I didn’t want.

He was good because he always made sure that he told us two things. First, is that he’s teaching us enough to get our asses kicked at a bar. Second, the person who wins the fight is whoever’s buddy shows up first.

I went through twice because I got hurt because I got taken down weird and tweaked my arm. 2 weeks on JBB with no weapon? Hell yeah!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I love these whiny blogger accounts that wax all day about leadership and history, when you find out they’re a loving lieutenant:

https://twitter.com/pptsapper/status/946435801574977536

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Some West Pointers I went to ABOLC with and some in my unit are always posting bullshit about leadership, military history, tactics and other nonsense on Facebook.

It’s really odd how it’s almost exclusively West Pointers, the only outlier I personally know is a really annoying ROTC guy I went through ABOLC with.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That's because army tradition and leadership is their entire identity. :sad:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

mods change my name posted:

its actually really loving stupid MMA jack off poo poo that serves no purpose but I suppose "serving a purpose" hasn't much place in the army anyhow.

not a bad work out but probably wasnt worth the guy who i saw get his trachea crushed or the chick who got her shoulder ruined for life because everyone wants to be loving Butterball or whoever is the MMA people fight club loving TAPOUT gear poo poo

One patient I'll remember forever was at my first duty station. Got speared through the knee while doing combatives in AIT, tearing literally everything. ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL, meniscus, patellar tendon. 2-3 major reconstructive surgeries before she even got out of TRADOC. A month in Korea and she's on crutches again with the most strongly visibly positive McMurray drop test I've ever seen, yay meniscus is torn again!

That was some loving eye-opening poo poo.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mustang when do you ETS?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Viva Miriya posted:

Mustang when do you ETS?

After he makes major, finishes up at CGSC, takes batallion command as a LT. Colonel and succumbs to liver failure from alcohol abuse and 2 pack a day smoking habit

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Nice and hot piss posted:

After he makes major, finishes up at CGSC, takes batallion command as a LT. Colonel and succumbs to liver failure from alcohol abuse and 2 pack a day smoking habit

lmbo

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Everyone knows BCs die to canned air.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Everyone knows BCs die to canned air.

Canned air plus a sandwich. The deadliest combo.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I propose this be the thread title for the new year

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I propose this be the thread title for the new year

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Zeris posted:

I love these whiny blogger accounts that wax all day about leadership and history, when you find out they’re a loving lieutenant:

https://twitter.com/pptsapper/status/946435801574977536

Some of his stuff is amusing but I was really surprised to read that. And a guard lieutenant at that.

There's a "leadership" site I can't remember the name of that's full of salty lieutenants bitching about the army's failed leadership with their west point and ROTC wisdom

Also is there anything worse than getting stuck with a bunch of west pointers who talk about west point the entire time?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I don't get this and I feel ashamed

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ashmole posted:

Also is there anything worse than getting stuck with a bunch of west pointers who talk about west point the entire time?

I guess.

Everybody has some cool poo poo to talk about (usually) and I'd be interested to hear about all the hazing/tradition poo poo on a boring guard shift.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Although I have to say I've only ever been present for the hero flight of an SNCO that took that out.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah sounds like yall weren't doing it right

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Look at this dumbass saying that combatives of all things doesn't belong in the military. How about 350-1 training or literally anything else

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Army combatives is dumb.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Aranan posted:

Army combatives is dumb.

Nice to meet you Army Combatives

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Aranan posted:

Army dumb.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Army combatives is actually not bad but idiots who don’t understand it ruin it, like most things in the Army.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Army combatives is actually not bad but idiots who don’t understand it ruin it, like most things in the Army.

This. They ruined me having an entire box of 40mm to play with by forcing me to do it a weird way that ended up bruising my arm.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cravius posted:

Look at this dumbass saying that combatives of all things doesn't belong in the military. How about 350-1 training or literally anything else

lol at someone arguing for combatives calling anybody a dumbass

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

lol at someone arguing for combatives calling anybody a dumbass

Sorry I want the guy next to me to know how to defend himself if he gets grabbed clearing a room. The first time you're getting punched shouldn't be when you're fighting for your life. Lmao at the notion that soldiers shouldn't learn basic hand to hand fighting.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Hand to hand good, combatives bad. I think it does add some confidence but its hardly realistic training.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Hand to hand good, combatives bad. I think it does add some confidence but its hardly realistic training.

Yeah I'd agree that MACP needs a lot of tinkering, it addresses a critical need in a flawed way.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
What combatives course trains in full gear? Serious question i didn't go through it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
lol if you think pvt dumbass will remember to do what he learned in a class he didnt want to do anyway