Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
S&S would do well to just release the book but with the editor comments included. Call it... DANGEROUS Mostly Harmless

edit: dog tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

a tech industry interview is someone asking why manhole covers are round and not square then saying "but they have square manhole covers" then finding a picture of a square manhole cover on a phone internet browser.

actually the mind puzzles were found by google to not accurately predict success and ditched years ago. my interview was pretty straightforward, asking me to describe projects i'd done in the past, how i'd apply those skills to the position, etc.

the only people using those types of questions are lovely companies that are trying to do what they think selective ones are doing

for example, an ibm interviewer asked me what my favorite animal is then got visibly disturbed when i replied "bill murray"

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

pkay posted:

All of those are fairly basic questions. Except the truck thing I have no idea about. Milo is simply a provacateur.

It comes from the absurd testimony of a crony Republican who was urging asinine regulations on the Internet for reasons that demonstrated that he had no concept of what he was talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8XSo0etBC4

This resulted in the phrase "a series of tubes" becoming one of the most widespread first-gen memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cZC67wXUTs

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

pkay posted:

All of those are fairly basic questions. Except the truck thing I have no idea about. Milo is simply a provacateur.

Nah, provacateurs say things for attention without necessarily believing those things just to stir the pot and cause dissent.

Milo though genuinely believes his own bullshit because he's a broken person.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm confused about what Milo is hoping to gain here. He can't really think he has a case, right? Is this just a desperate attempt to worm his way back into the spotlight even if it means publicly humiliating himsel-

Wait, never mind, it's clearly that.

maybe. i think its because he is vain bigoted rear end in a top hat who is also a moron.

enraged_camel posted:

I mean he's just so smart and witty

he is just a edgy shithead who thinks he is more clever then he actually is. all he does is "flower" his language up and add edgy bigotry.

OneEightHundred posted:

He'd been openly antagonistic to "gamers" before, and the Gators were perfectly aware of that fact.

thats what i find funny. his letters with bannon make it clear he doesn't give a poo poo about the various dumb causes they cared about and was just looking for fodder. the fact that morons think he still cares is sad.

OneEightHundred posted:

Key thing is that he's an entertainer, that's it. One of the things he did that made him the darling of gators was write an exposé in Breitbart that was basically a straightforward regurgitation of an Encyclopedia Dramatica page. Almost all of his arguments are regurgitated talking points from someone smarter than him (i.e. the anti-feminism stuff is from Christina Hoff Sommers). In any Q&A with him, if it veers outside of those talking points, he just makes poo poo up. I don't think anyone ever cared, they just want to see "the left" get "triggered."

Really, I'm just wondering what Simon & Schuster were even expecting, like most of these notes are basically asking Milo to not do what he's always been doing, except for the "stop talking about us" notes.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody else has filled the shoes of Outrageous Crypto-Fascist 4chan Man, but I guess it's the kind of thing where there's a very particular audience that will buy that sort of thing and everyone else treats it like radioactive waste.

yep. i assume they thought he would be a Coulter type. here stuff is standard/hard right bullshit with some incendiary thrown in but she can at least sorta write. like you said. its just copy pasted poo poo with ED level humor and lovely politics with no facts at all. its just ramblings and disjointed as gently caress.

Angry_Ed posted:

That set of questions reads like someone's idea of what a game industry/tech job interview is like without having ever been through one.

"Can you meme? You're in!"

well it worked for Anthony burch least for while. but yeah, people for some reason bought into milo's bullshit.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

enraged_camel posted:

Milo though genuinely believes his own bullshit because he has no other recourse or way of feeding himself at this point outside of becoming the world's most abused rent boy.

FTFY.

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER

You're from Germany? Wouldn't Arabic be more appropriate?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

this is the worst week

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

this is the worst week

Something matters.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

reading this poo poo reminds me of college professor notes on a particularly dim and angry students paper.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
lol to every fucker who thought Trump wouldn't be a warmonger:

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/946451156678729728

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/946452605735235590

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/946454707639410688

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/946457765211451393

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

Mr Interweb posted:

I'd just like to mention that I didn't see TFA until a year after it came out, and I still didn't know until that point that Kylo Ren killed Han.

So, some of us are actually quite good with avoiding spoilers, thank you very much. :colbert:

he had to read most of my post to get to the OMG spoiler part. If he cared about spoilers he could have stopped reading the obvious star wars post. It was all pretty general stuff

Ultimately the OMG spoiler crowd are imo ridiculous. These are movies not national secrets. Dont read stuff about movies if you dont want spoilers.

Tagging things with "warning spoilers" is stupid. Assume there are spoilers and stay away

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

enraged_camel posted:

I mean he's just so smart and witty

I wonder how the Wachowskis think about what became of "red pill" on the Internet.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Pellisworth posted:

an interesting aspect of living on a Native American reservation is how open and forceful they are with "gently caress the white man don't trust them" sentiment

if you're black and express that you get marginalized as a radical or straight up shot/lynched/murdered

NAs have some degree of sovereignty and their own tribal police forces so there's somewhat less institutional pressure to be nice to whitey

That's because White America already murdered the gently caress out of most of them and are letting crippling depression and lack of economic opportunities finish off the rest.

nikki ashton
Jun 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/946516648957284354

What the gently caress

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sounds about right. he doesnt give a poo poo how many die, he just wants to look tough and because of that he is stretching out military out even further, especially now that isis has kinda dispersed out and franchised itself and that afganistan is unwinnable.

why? like why did they ban it? i know racism, but this seems kinda blatant and dumb even for them.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sounds about right. he doesnt give a poo poo how many die, he just wants to look tough and because of that he is stretching out military out even further, especially now that isis has kinda dispersed out and franchised itself and that afganistan is unwinnable.

why? like why did they ban it? i know racism, but this seems kinda blatant and dumb even for them.

Racist dumbasses bristled when a Latina activist said that "Republicans hate Latinos" to a class, plus fear that the classes were teaching the students to rise up against the US and found Aztlán

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/946460939578167296

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/946519720450252800

just. christ.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Koalas March posted:

I'm excited that my posts will be preserved to warn future minorities not to trust the white man.

That’s way up there with whatever warning they’re going to go with for Yucca Mountain about the ray cats.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

There's really not much more to it than that, unfortunately. Arizona is soon to be minority white (along with New Mexico which already is) and that is alarming to a lot of white people who live there. While this law was remarkably stupid it wasn't nearly as bad as all the SB1070 nonsense. Lots of open carry militia type people from all over the country started moving in after that one.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

That picture of him is the worst, mostly because his smug smile speaks volumes. Mostly along the lines of, "haha, i told you i could become president. i told you!!!"

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

enraged_camel posted:

That picture of him is the worst, mostly because his smug smile speaks volumes. Mostly along the lines of, "haha, i told you i could become president. i told you!!!"

It doesn't even look like he's smiling. He looks loving sad and miserable

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Hopefully that's how he feels all the time.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Taerkar posted:

That's because White America already murdered the gently caress out of most of them and are letting crippling depression and lack of economic opportunities finish off the rest.

please don't flippantly comment on Native American issues if you aren't intimately involved/invested in them, thanks

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Less than half the country likes you, congratulations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Tarezax posted:

Racist dumbasses bristled when a Latina activist said that "Republicans hate Latinos" to a class, plus fear that the classes were teaching the students to rise up against the US and found Aztlán

They better found Aztlan soon. Shadowrun isn't going to become reality on its own.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Look at that fuckin Twitter logo, they rotated it so it looks like the bird is saying his name

Like they’re trying to own his tweeting as his brand

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS
Alabama has certified Jones

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dbukalski posted:

Alabama has certified Jones

This owns.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't his actual approval rate something like %33?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Isn't his actual approval rate something like %33?

Yes. Rasmussen is terrible garbage.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yes. Rasmussen is terrible garbage.

Ironically I remember Rasmussen being the most accurate in the 2004 elections.

That was the last 'close' election until 2016 so I haven't followed their accuracy since then.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Willo567 posted:

I am here to report a bug, this has nothing to do with North Korea.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/946531657229701120

lmfao

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Ah, the old "if global warming then how does snow? checkmate"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist