Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/BrokenRev/status/941447041988874246

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Ehud posted:

Mac server was dope because they got stuck on one of the early expansions and it just existed in something like a 2002 state for a really long time.

we almost have enough people to start a guild now

EQ is gross

Now FFXI that’s a mmo you can set your watch to

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Dec 29, 2017

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I played Dark Age of Camelot but was unattached and living with my parents at the time. Had a character at level 50 but never brought him past RR3.

Anyway it's cold outside. Have this recipe for Scailtin. It's basically an Irish punch made of milk and whiskey.

Serves 2

2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup whiskey
1-2 tablespoons of honey
1/8th teaspoon ground ginger
1/8th teaspoon ground cinnamon.
Dash of nutmeg

1: Pour the milk and whiskey into a small saucepan and stir in the honey and spices.
2: Heat slowly, without letting the mixture boil, whisking briskly all the time to create a froth and disperse the spices.
3: Pour into mugs. sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg if you wanna be all fru fru about it.

I've actually never managed to get a good froth on it as step 2 suggests but the results have been fine regardless.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Dec 29, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Was DAOC the one where yo could build castles and lay siege / PVP other guilds? Because that game loving owned. EQ owned too I was an idiot summoner and needing regents for loving everything sucked but it was fun. Always played in the PVP server.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Fooled by Dan Savage

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 29, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sexpig by night posted:

dirty dan at it again

lol you got it.

This is a Dan Savage letter. His advice was that she should probably get an abortion.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Was DAOC the one where yo could build castles and lay siege / PVP other guilds? Because that game loving owned. EQ owned too I was an idiot summoner and needing regents for loving everything sucked but it was fun. Always played in the PVP server.

Yes! DAoC owned so hard! It was the first game that had battlegrounds and it was so much fun!

Albion, Hibernia and Midgard (I think) were the realms. I also feel like it was the first game that introduced stealth. At least the first mmo I remember having it.

They just rolled out a DAoC private server that runs really well. I tried playing it but that grind is so mucj worse than I remember.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

weird Asian candy posted:

They just rolled out a DAoC private server that runs really well. I tried playing it but that grind is so mucj worse than I remember.

People reminisce about early MMOs but goddamn they were all massive time sinks that you couldn't be functional person while playing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I remember losing levels in Everquest and necromancers parked in zone lines offering to summon corpses for money. The game was so incredibly unforgiving in so many ways, it really was perfect. It would also NEVER work nowadays. I also remember the first time someone in my server (Ralloz Zek - PVP) got that flaming sword and then proceeded to just dick around newbies areas training gnolls and showing poo poo off.

Oh gently caress I just remembered my friend was a monk and he would just train poo poo to other players then feign death. :lol:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Girlfriend and I booked a cruise last night :woop:

... just realized the day the cruise ends is Super Bowl Sunday...

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

eq now is really weird because they tacked on more traditional mmo zones and a tutorial and shoved everything vanilla-eq off to the side, so you zone into say karana and all of the textures go back to 1996 quality (there's an option to use old water in old zones). also you cap your stats at like level 25 so the cap goes up at level milestones and they added a second tier of stats as well

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

seiferguy posted:

They usually get in super early, so you will have time to get home, take a nap, and watch it, assuming you don't have to fly/drive a lot.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

Did a cruise during the Seahawks/Patriots Super Bowl. It was awesome (besides the fact that it wasn't in HD for most of the game). They set up the main theater to show the game, had tailgate food available at the front, and a loud atmosphere. It was 95% Seahawks/5% Patriots. The cheers when the Seahawks made the sideline catch were loud. But when the goalline interception happened, the small number of us rooting for the Pats yelped and cheered like crazy.

If you're debarking on Super Bowl Sunday, you'll miss it. But I've seen the Super Bowl and the college playoff finale on the mega ship screen, and it's definitely something I recommend.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

They usually get in super early, so you will have time to get home, take a nap, and watch it, assuming you don't have to fly/drive a lot.

Yeah our ship lands at 6am so we are trying to find a flight that would get us home in time. Sadly there's not a lot going from Florida to Washington, and the only direct is late. I guess we could stay and watch it somewhere in Fort Lauderdale.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Grittybeard posted:

People reminisce about early MMOs but goddamn they were all massive time sinks that you couldn't be functional person while playing.

Yup. I got fired from a job because I played way too much Asherons Call :stare:

It turned into a full time job to level, build and gear our your guy.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

seiferguy posted:

Yeah our ship lands at 6am so we are trying to find a flight that would get us home in time. Sadly there's not a lot going from Florida to Washington, and the only direct is late. I guess we could stay and watch it somewhere in Fort Lauderdale.

Go to some other place and extend your vacation a couple days if you can swing it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Go to some other place and extend your vacation a couple days if you can swing it.

I would, but I have any vacation days left to do that unfortunately.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Ross! I didn't know you played EQ.

I loved the Misty Thicket into Runnyeye progression. Then you wander into Gorge of King Xxorb and die to an eyeball lol

As soon as I was like level 15 I left the main continent and went to Kunark and spent 90% of my time killing sarnaks in Lake of Ill Omen and Forest Giants in the Overthere.

I had fun

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

My brother is starting his very first Souls experience with Dark Souls 1. I’m so ready for him to get crushed by absolutely everything.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

My brother is starting his very first Souls experience with Dark Souls 1. I’m so ready for him to get crushed by absolutely everything.

Play Bloodborne instead.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Guys I am going to play Everquest now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if you tried it when it was crappy, the eq and eq2 f2p are way the gently caress better now

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Play Bloodborne instead.

Baby steps. He’ll get to the perfect game eventually.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Baby steps. He’ll get to the perfect game eventually.

Fair enough.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I have never played a Souls game before, is DS1 still hip and fresh 6+ years after release?

If it helps I have put 300+ hours into various Monster Hunter titles, which I am told have a similar combat feel.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

I have never played a Souls game before, is DS1 still hip and fresh 6+ years after release?

If it helps I have put 300+ hours into various Monster Hunter titles, which I am told have a similar combat feel.

If you're stuck with an xbox sure I guess. But if you have a Playstation play either Demons Souls or Bloodborne depending on if you have a PS3 or 4 respectively.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you're stuck with an xbox sure I guess. But if you have a Playstation play either Demons Souls or Bloodborne depending on if you have a PS3 or 4 respectively.

Haven't bought a home console since the Wii. PC gaming for life (until I get a Switch)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

Guys I am going to play Everquest now

lol

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Demon’s Souls is going offline :rip:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What temperature you all got right now?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

47. It's very cold and I have had to put on thermal underwear.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

75° and cloudy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Play Bloodborne instead.

I dig Nioh. Which I bring up because everyone compares it to Souls games when it's really just Ninja Gaiden and everyone is disappointed in it because they took some souls mechanics and shoved them onto a Ninja Gaiden game. But I liked it (and was and am horrible at it) so :shrug:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

91.4 in your stupid moon temperature scale about 90something humidity. Should get above 95 tomorrow.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I dig Nioh. Which I bring up because everyone compares it to Souls games when it's really just Ninja Gaiden and everyone is disappointed in it because they took some souls mechanics and shoved them onto a Ninja Gaiden game. But I liked it (and was and am horrible at it) so :shrug:

I liked Nioh a lot but I could not get into the metagaming min-max poo poo like I did with Bloodborne.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
49 and I have a bad cold and fever, so I've alternating between freezing and boiling all day

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
12°F but feels like -1° (stupid humidity)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

62 and clear

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
21 degrees.

It loving sucks.

Maybe Trump was right.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

45, a welcome change from 29 a week ago.

BlindSite posted:

91.4 in your stupid moon temperature scale about 90something humidity. Should get above 95 tomorrow.

While Fahrenheit is stupid for science use, it is nice for explaining how hot or cold the weather is outside.

• Locked thread