Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Perhaps that stone-throwing wizard is also a shapeshifter?

Perhaps Lyndon isn't the only wizard to know that illusion spell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

He "finds it hard to believe" that they decided just two hours ago what to do. If they had information coming from that conversation (bug/informant), that comment makes no sense.

My money is on some sort of future-predicting device.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

He "finds it hard to believe" that they decided just two hours ago what to do. If they had information coming from that conversation (bug/informant), that comment makes no sense.

But if it was merely a future predicting device, then they’d not be surprised that it was decided more recently.

It needs to be a person, though perhaps one with a future predicting device. This person is feeding the traditionalists information days in advance about what the group plans to do.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Bobulus posted:

I assumed they have a copy of the same diary, but that might be too straightforward

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Audrey being the traitor is too straightforward but I wouldn't discount it completely. Klara would be an interesting twist. Can't be Lyndon as that last update wouldn't make sense if he was.

Trixie herself?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
My guess: the president knows where all these treasures are, and after they found the first few Mr Corpseparade deduced they'd go after the rest. He "finds it hard to believe" they only just figured out where the next one is because he has a very high opinion of Trixie.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Whybird posted:

3. Klara is giving the Traditionalists information, so that she has an excuse to keep hanging around with Trixie.

They're a couple. That would be kinda weird at this point.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the Traditionalists bought the death sceptre through a proxy and keep giving it to vice presidents, who keep getting killed in artifact-related mishaps. They've actually bought all of Trixie's artifacts, bankrolling her campaign all along.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 18, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That almost makes sense. They'd still have to know about the artifacts in the first place.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

There can't be a traitor already in the group, or the Vice President wouldn't have approached Lyndon. The Traditionalists wouldn't need two traitors.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Android Blues posted:

There can't be a traitor already in the group, or the Vice President wouldn't have approached Lyndon. The Traditionalists wouldn't need two traitors.

Unless they knew he would say no, and wanted him to think there wasn't another traitor, or wanted him to say no but then be suspicious of everyone else in the group because he would then wonder who else had been approached.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

vyelkin posted:

Unless they knew he would say no, and wanted him to think there wasn't another traitor, or wanted him to say no but then be suspicious of everyone else in the group because he would then wonder who else had been approached.

This is too close to being a clever bit of deceit for a Thorsby comic

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

His new spell turns him into a Looney Tune.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

looking forward to the spell killing someone while he's stretched out and lyndon having to sped the rest of the series with a 6 foot neck or something

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I'm thinking that when they sold the scepter the other party bought it and are trying to use it to gently caress poo poo up.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

His new spell turns him into a Looney Tune.

This is the first time I've actually thought one of Lyndon's pacifist spells was actually practical. And it's sad he lead off showing it with "I can stretch with this" as opposed to "I am immune to blunt force trauma"

break-up breakdown posted:

looking forward to the spell killing someone while he's stretched out and lyndon having to sped the rest of the series with a 6 foot neck or something

This should absolutely happen though.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I've just realised Trixie wears the same outfit as Jessica in Thorsby's 1st series: Lies, Secrets and Wives:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Well Well Well, Isnt This Interesting

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/236

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Well Lyndon might have a shot with Dr. Slanderlord here.

And the basement is going to be full of blood.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
The good doctor is awfully up for it, I smell a rat. Or maybe Audrey's about to become very jealous.

Speaking of Audrey, her barmaid outfit cracks me up every time it shows up.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Just slander? That's got to be the least evil name in the comic so far.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Can't all be Hank Genocide.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
So, which of the team are going to get diagnosed as completely mentally ill and confined in the institution?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

So, which of the team are going to get diagnosed as completely mentally ill and confined in the institution?

Lyndon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Huh, actually, I think it'll be anyone but him. Dr. Slanderlord has to take a look at his head because a weird thing happened, it's a natural way to get them in the door, but then while they're in there someone says or does something farcical...

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

This school sounds way more useful than Pacifism magic.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Doesn't sound like she can pull off any of the stuff Lyndon's done.

"Oh, maybe some rascal replaced this entire castle with candy."

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

But it would be very Plausible for someone to slip on stone stairs while rushing up them.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"That might not be a forcefield at all, perhaps that soldier just decided to be a mime."

"I know it looks like I just survived being hit in the head with a sledgehammer, but as far as you know I'm dead, actually."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't see why people would need to close their eyes for the spell to work, for all we know it could just be a color changing necklace or maybe it was always blue and they thought it was green because the light was off for a second.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That sounds really useful for buffs.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I hope it's just a stick with a star on it (but she is also an Impossible Magician despite not having an actual impossible wand)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I reread accidental space spy and I still think this is one of my favorite strips period

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

This school sounds way more useful than Pacifism magic.

Pacifism magic is incredibly useful and overpowered. Those force fields were crazy

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I hope it's just a stick with a star on it (but she is also an Impossible Magician despite not having an actual impossible wand)

I imagine it is, and she's a powerless madwoman masquerading as a wizard doctor.

I also am vaguely expecting phrenology to be somehow involved, based on the shape ranting hammer weilder.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Audrey's getting jealous!

I love the naive, direct way characters talk about relationships in this comic, it's so sweet.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Thorsby's depiction of flirting is amazing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/239

I'm torn between "BONDRIX DOMINASAR" and "maybe they were ninjas" as my favorite part of this.

And I also hope it comes up that you can't cast plausible deniability magic on someone who's actively paying attention to you. Maybe have Lyndon stretch out his arm and poke a dude from behind so she can whammy him. Or have everyone start shouting and pointing and doing Thorsby things. This could be good.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Audrey looks genuinely concerned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

So when they get the artifact and, inevitably, everyone's brains get switched with animals and they lose track of who is who, at some point the only way to tell will be if Samantha can cast a spell or not.