Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
one thing I do with my family during the holidays is ignore them to post in Internet forum threads which supposedly oppose my performative interests and beliefs

that said, hope they're treating you well Stymie. maybe you have a good reason to be doing what you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

give your family the gift of your love and respect this year: embrace sobriety

tried it

didn't care for it

nobody likes me sober

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i love myself and my family enough to stay sober, and i’m grateful they do as well

we’ve had a wonderful xmas, thank you for asking. i hope you have too

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

syscall girl posted:

tried it

didn't care for it

nobody likes me sober

don't

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Stymie posted:

i love myself and my family enough to stay sober, and i’m grateful they do as well

we’ve had a wonderful xmas, thank you for asking. i hope you have too

congrats :)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
it's been baby's first Christmas so by definition it's been really nice compared to the last few. no complaints except I wish she wasn't teething so early

thanks for your relatively radical positivity Stymie it's a good look

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 26, 2017

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

got my dad a couple different good vermouths, he cracked into one and says its very good

he got me a cream sherry and drat this stuff is nice. as good or better than some tawny ports i've had but dirt cheap in comparison. thanks, spain! tell those portuguese where to stick it!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

it's been baby's first Christmas so by definition it's been really nice compared to the last few. no complaints except I wish she wasn't teething so early

thanks for your relatively radical positivity Stymie it's a good look

blackberry brandy is good for teething

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

i am at the bar right now, I think I will order Hennessy because it’s cold outside and brandy sounds good and that’s all they have

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

SO DEMANDING posted:

he got me a cream sherry and drat this stuff is nice. as good or better than some tawny ports i've had but dirt cheap in comparison. thanks, spain! tell those portuguese where to stick it!

hunt down a bottle of "semi-dry" sherry

it's much richer and more port-like than a cream sherry, but still a touch sweet thanks to a splash of red wine mixed in

edit: nvm google indicates "cream sherry" means exactly the fine wine product i just recommended. so you are already drinking it. i was thinking of dessert sherries, which are so sweet they almost resemble ruby port.

Notorious b.s.d. fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 26, 2017

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

minivanmegafun posted:

i am at the bar right now, I think I will order Hennessy because it’s cold outside and brandy sounds good and that’s all they have
really could have cut to the chase here

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Chris Knight posted:

blackberry brandy is good for teething
already feeling bad enough for dosing her with properly administered infant Tylenol/Advil. to be 50 years ago and guilt free

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i might have a couple beers but not too many i can’t drive legally

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

really could have cut to the chase here

baby it's cold outside

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I like some PX sherries that are very sweet, dark, thick and rich. Like they squeezed out raisins in a glass.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i think you meant MX cherries

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

spankmeister posted:

I like some PX sherries that are very sweet, dark, thick and rich. Like they squeezed out raisins in a glass.

I had some toro albala 1929 recently and the texture and appearance was basically motor oil. something like 500g of residual sugar per litre.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

a mess of hobo grade baltikas and vobla

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
really wanna have some beers tonight. am thinking about it but I think a thing I need to do is start later

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
going to Vegas soon what are decent whiskeys / bourbons most poker rooms will have

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
alternatively I can just drink grasshoppers and White Russians

sadly they seem incapable of making a decent martini / Manhattan

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
beer?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
made some mulled cider with appleton rum

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

maskenfreiheit posted:

going to Vegas soon what are decent whiskeys / bourbons most poker rooms will have

no one will give you the drinks you want because everything is calculated to never be winning over the house

so order the cheapest garbage they have and you might come out ahead in ethanol percentages imho assuming they get lazy when pouring sad sap bourbon but even then rip

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

In Vegas I'd usually get Sam Adams or something because it's free and not completely horrible like bud light or other trash tier beers

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Drinking a smokey & the bandit rn

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

Drinking a smokey & the bandit rn

hope you're drinking coors

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
the boys are thirsty in Atlanta
and there's beer in Texarkana

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

from the gws whiskey thread:

2DCAT posted:

Very good Christmas haul imo

:discourse:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
yeah that's the business

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

from the gws whiskey thread:

:discourse:

that dude got a handy for christmas

current drink status: it's not alcoholic, but blueberry soda from maine. it's like drinking a blueberry pie

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
got a bottle of woodford reserve

its not bad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

woodfords is solid. not necessarily the the best the price category but consistent bottling and very drinkable. they do 375ml bottles which are handy for traveling

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it was 65 nz dollarioos

the other option was bulliet. which ive enjoyed. it was a poo poo bottle shop to be sure

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

echinopsis posted:

it was 65 nz dollarioos

the other option was bulliet. which ive enjoyed. it was a poo poo bottle shop to be sure
bulleit is fine especially for cocktails but I find the bottlings are really inconsistent.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
bulleit is ok, they just want to charge way too much money for it

it's a $20 bottle with a $40 price tag, if you know what i mean

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Bulgakov posted:

no one will give you the drinks you want because everything is calculated to never be winning over the house

so order the cheapest garbage they have and you might come out ahead in ethanol percentages imho assuming they get lazy when pouring sad sap bourbon but even then rip

they must have some middle tier. Jameson or something like that.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

finished off my walker black bottle last night as this has been the first xmas since my partner’s death

gonna be sober until new year’s but i think i’ll keep bottles of talisker and walker on hand as a general rule in ‘18

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Crusader posted:

finished off my walker black bottle last night as this has been the first xmas since my partner’s death

gonna be sober until new year’s but i think i’ll keep bottles of talisker and walker on hand as a general rule in ‘18

Hope you're hanging in there okay, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
where are you guys paying $40 for bulleit? a 750 here in LA is $22.