Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
5* ticket got me Tidus. A few months late, but I'll take it, especially because I'm at about 70% of the way to an Aqua Blade just from jamming Camille's together.

Also got a bunch of friend slots open in case people need a 1074 ATK 2B for sick nasty chains since they seem to be disappearing these days.

781 070 227

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
If we're talking the 5* ticket, I got a Noctis at long last. I can't do much with him at the moment though because I just blew everything on Freyvia.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

Just completed it.

GG Malboro.

What a slog. Just finished it. That was miserable. And somehow even though I didn't have any offensive Limit Bursts I managed to complete that part of it by using a Esper Summon in the final combo. So I guess Limit Burst or Esper Finish works?

Thanks for all your help guys. I hope I never have to see that terrible trial again.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

fullTimeLurker posted:

What a slog. Just finished it. That was miserable. And somehow even though I didn't have any offensive Limit Bursts I managed to complete that part of it by using a Esper Summon in the final combo. So I guess Limit Burst or Esper Finish works?

Thanks for all your help guys. I hope I never have to see that terrible trial again.

Congratulations!

Even though this and Sheratan were both awful and required multiple retries and resetting a lot of turns. Winning after 4 hours spent grinding away at it does feel very satisfying.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Luneth #2 on the 5* ticket. He gets to join Noctis on team "Mediocre 7*s"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

i am foolishly waiting for WKN to return to the pool before i pull my disappointment ticket

:unsmigghh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

now i wonder if i should throw 10k lapis at trying to pull a christine

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Today was THE DAY

3*: Jean, Shantotto(2), Shadow, Cinque, Rydia(2), Edge
Scarmiglione, Timothy, Libertus, Sice(2), Trey(2), Rakshasa
Faris(2), Conrad(2), Sazh(3), Abel(3), Lenna(2), Ludmille
Ruggles, CoD, Clyne, Camille(3), Ryunan, Gilbert(16)
Penelo, Galuf(2), Xiao, Mustadio, Aiden(2), Edgar(3)
Duane, Vaan(2), Kamui, Freya, Kain, Russell(2), Iris
Arc, Miyuki, Wakka, Sabin, Luna, Alma, Locke(2)

4*: Chizuru, Garnet(2), Hope(2), Waters, Setzer
King, Amelia(2), Victoria(2), Chloe, T. Carrie(2), Snow
Gaffgarion, Leon, Bran(3), Santa Roselia, Soleil
Rosa, Luka, Aura

5*: Prishe, Emperor, Christine, Gladiolus

I sadly did not get WKN, who I did actually want, but Christine is the real prize. And three good rainbow TMs I guess.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

5*: Rem

5k on WKN banner: Seabreeze Dark Fina. I mean what the hell, that's the actual opposite season.

The lesson is if you're f2p don't save up lapis for months then spend it chasing limited units

a penus
Aug 14, 2004

see you next mission

:dance:

:geno:

:same:

:drum:

anyways that was my emotional journey tonight btw Duke was off the 5* ex ticket

edit: LMBO ONE MORE PULL GETS ME THIS rear end in a top hat #2

a penus fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 29, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
1/2 was Wilhelm #3. Can't say I'm too excited about that. I guess if I pull a 4th then I'll have a super cool TMR. I definitely don't need 3 of his shield though, hell I don't even think I need a second of his shield.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
1/2 - Santa Roselia
5ex - Blue -> orange -> rainbow Marie #3
4* - White Knight Noel
3* - Shantortoise #8 or so

Well I mean I guess I got the old Xmas units covered?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So what's the record for getting the same garbage unit in a single roll? Because I fooled myself into thinking I could roll a Noel and, well;

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Nuebot posted:

So what's the record for getting the same garbage unit in a single roll? Because I fooled myself into thinking I could roll a Noel and, well;

I had 6 Conrads I'm sure people have beaten that though.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nuebot posted:

thats pretty god awful roll given the only worthwhile unit is a 3* tank a year past his prime. Even his TM isnt that good anymore since by the time you finish cooking it Excalibur 2 will probably be out

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cao Ni Ma posted:

thats pretty god awful roll given the only worthwhile unit is a 3* tank a year past his prime. Even his TM isnt that good anymore since by the time you finish cooking it Excalibur 2 will probably be out

I already have two excaliburs, and I almost have a third done entirely through fusing cecils. :negative: I still use WoL as my tank. He and Veritas of Earth are my only real tanks I think. But I take it by this that Fohlen isn't very good then?

PaybackJack posted:

I had 6 Conrads I'm sure people have beaten that though.
:eyepop:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fohlen is horrible. His 7* has a poo poo ton of burst damage on his jump but they saw fit to not retroactively let it timed like the newer dragoons so hes stuck on gimmick teams that no longer work with the new set of content.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Giant Gingerbread Man was annoying. Mystea was key for casting stop resistance and tanking the Consume. In my run the boss kept spamming Consume when I got him below 50%, so I couldn't put him down until turn 11. Guess I'll only be making 1 joyful spirit for Wilhelm.

I was thinking, if Joyful Spirits stack then 2 might be useful for anyone short on Discernments or Ribbons, since 2 would effectively be an HP 20% and most of a Discernment.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Gingerbread man went down like a sack of bricks. You can't really OTKO him without a super loving good team, but you can still get him down to 50% safely and then just blast him. He deals almost no damage until then, and only has a slight chance of inflicting stop.

Edit: My Onion Bro is up with 200% Demon Killer while still sporting 978 ATK, using Excalibur, in case anyone wants to use him against the gingerbread man, 209 464 963 in case you don't have me yet under "Muffinmx"

Soon I'll have the ability to put up a max-DPT fixed dice 2B, OK, DKC, or Cloud as well!

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 29, 2017

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
After resigning myself to Lightning, my 5* ticket gave me a Fry. Definitely time to start macroing again!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ran the gingerbread man trial twice because I forgot about the 5 man mission. 2 OKs, Ayaka casting reraise on Mystea, and Roy's singing meant I had no issues.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I decided to throw the 4* ticket we got today at the WKN banner.

Rainbow!

:dance:

Oh man! Am I going to get Noel?!

Barbariccia #4

:what:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Happy unknowable STMR. You'll find out in over a year if its junk or good

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
4* ticket is my first Ace, which should be fun. 5* ticket got me my third Cloud, which I suppose I shouldn't complain about.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I was doing good with Christmas themed pulls on today's banner!

Daily draw was a friendly unit riding a big giant robot spreading joy to all the good little boys and girls (it was Grace)

Used the 4* ticket and got a jolly old man with a big bushy beard (it was Gaffgarion)

Gingerbread man was an rear end in a top hat and a loser in the first place. Took me a couple of tries but I got him and got a ticket.

Ticket went blue -> gold -> rainbow and out came a unit wearing barely any red. Christmas Lightning!

Merry Christmas, but I think I'll skip this banner this year.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Ugato posted:

That's entirely possible. Some time right after CG Nichol would be best, I think, because even before his 7* CG Nichol is still a drat monster. But yeah it's definitely going to be a wet blanket on Sephiroth, Reagan and CG Rain(s) if they don't change the timing.

Divine Ruination and Dark Punishment. Definitely butt stuff.

This explains why I now have more of these guys than lightnings....

I mean what what in the butt?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Doesn't JP give a lot more lapis and tickets out though?

We are getting the 4* tickets from king mog,

Office Thug posted:

Gingerbread man went down like a sack of bricks. You can't really OTKO him without a super loving good team, but you can still get him down to 50% safely and then just blast him. He deals almost no damage until then, and only has a slight chance of inflicting stop.

I took christine for a spin with a friend one and murdered it. first turn they buffed and delita did spr break, turn 2 delita used crazy day and the christines used snow burial taking it down to 14% .If it werent for the 5 unit mission i could have brought dracu lasswell for a 75% imperil and killed them right there.

Even if you dont oneshot him, if you get him low enough he hits his threshold and wastes a turn buffing which you can use to finish him off

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I had a blue ticket in my mail that I didn't notice and well I rolled it and now another Emperor. Only thing I'm missing is genji glove and I could have a BIS T.Terra/Cristine.

Hell, I can make a pretty drat good T.Terra + Cristine by just using S&A on the terra and giving her a draco staff/needle that I already have while still having nearly BIS cristine. gently caress physical.

e-Leave Christine in the general pull roster forever and kick kryla out gumi, please

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Dec 29, 2017

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Happy unknowable STMR. You'll find out in over a year if its junk or good

I have a feeling it won't be great. But if it's actually a good mage stmr I'll have DFina's robes and whatever she's got. If Barb's 7* form is good too I could make a hell of a mage I guess.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Mystea, Loren, and now Onion Knight (!) in the last couple of days. It's a good problem to have, but I could really use a Cactaur Dunes weekend right about now.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Burned my 5* ticket, got Emperor #1. I guess I could give his TM and equip rod + rod mastery to one of my Fryevias.

Office Thug posted:

Gingerbread man went down like a sack of bricks. You can't really OTKO him without a super loving good team

Dual Orlandus and Olive or FV with atk/def break from 9S while Tilith just chills and watches the murder. :dukedog:

Though it seems like on turn 1 they usually just do a body slam attack for not all that much damage? At least the couple times I tried to auto battle the fight their first turn wasn't very damaging.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I was going through my tickets with crossed fingers. 2 x Santa Roselia, then a rainbow - Ace (sigh). With 5 tickets left I got another rainbow which was White Knight Noel so I'm quitting now while I'm ahead.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
Hey if its your first Ace, he is still the best mana battery by a mile. Plus he actually has other uses as support or straight up actual worthwhile damage if you gear him.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

say no to bats posted:

Hey if its your first Ace, he is still the best mana battery by a mile. Plus he actually has other uses as support or straight up actual worthwhile damage if you gear him.

Also when enhanced, his strongest attack is an on-demand 75% Light/Fire/Lightning imperil latched to a really good chaining move that has 7-frame delays that lets him chain relatively well with Orlandeau/DV/Agrias. I've been using him pretty much constantly since I got him just for that strong imperil.

E:

Evil Fluffy posted:

Dual Orlandus and Olive or FV with atk/def break from 9S while Tilith just chills and watches the murder. :dukedog:

Though it seems like on turn 1 they usually just do a body slam attack for not all that much damage? At least the couple times I tried to auto battle the fight their first turn wasn't very damaging.

Oh, are you talking about the regular boss ones you encounter in the new candy cane events? I was talking about the event boss, he can't be SPR/DEF-broken and deals an insta-KO magic attack on the first turn that heals him for 20% of his HP. I've come very close to one-turning him with OK + friend OK, 2x DV, Roy buffing ATK, and Ace imperiling light. I could probably pull a OTKO if I had a friend OK that used excalibur instead of Aigion's arm or whatever the gently caress.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 29, 2017

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

say no to bats posted:

Sadly no, it's the second one. I hope cactuars are back again soon, I need to level a few decent new acquisitions.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Office Thug posted:

Oh, are you talking about the regular boss ones you encounter in the new candy cane events? I was talking about the event boss, he can't be SPR/DEF-broken and deals an insta-KO magic attack on the first turn that heals him for 20% of his HP. I've come very close to one-turning him with OK + friend OK, 2x DV, Roy buffing ATK, and Ace imperiling light. I could probably pull a OTKO if I had a friend OK that used excalibur instead of Aigion's arm or whatever the gently caress.

Don't forget Demon Killer stuff. People usually over look those on these events. My OK has 4 sources of it stacked on him. I can almost output the 1.8 million damage just from him to knock out the story boss.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 29, 2017

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Don't forget Demon Killer stuff. People usually over look those on these events. My OK has 4 sources of it stacked on him. I can almost output the 1.8 million damage just from him to knock out the story boss.

Yes! Shockingly, I found that 976 ATK with 200% demon killer is, in fact, better than a BiS general kit with almost 1200 ATK on Onion Bro. Killers make a much bigger difference than people think!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Office Thug posted:

Yes! Shockingly, I found that 976 ATK with 200% demon killer is, in fact, better than a BiS general kit with almost 1200 ATK on Onion Bro. Killers make a much bigger difference than people think!

*TRUE* BIS on Onion Knight is 939 ATK :smug:

Almost worth pulling a second Elfreeda for.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

*TRUE* BIS on Onion Knight is 939 ATK :smug:

Almost worth pulling a second Elfreeda for.

Oh yeah, only talking about the conventional DW build. But I did pull two Elfreedas so I'm working on that Fixed Dice 2x Marshall Glove + Buster Form build for him :getin:

(I'll never find perfect chaining partners for it though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Office Thug posted:

Oh yeah, only talking about the conventional DW build. But I did pull two Elfreedas so I'm working on that Fixed Dice 2x Marshall Glove + Buster Form build for him :getin:

(I'll never find perfect chaining partners for it though)

I got Cloud and Elfreeda and the math works out to being a bit higher than the fist damage I can do now. Although I think the chain bonus damage from Onion Cutter makes up for it. I want to check it out just because OK is such a rad little unit that's so drat versatile.

• Locked thread