Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Fuego Fish posted:

"Honey, the dog just tore my leggings! I'm going to need another five minutes to get changed and maybe ten minutes to BURY THE CORPSE."

"Oh, good grief." He replied, stomping on his goldfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'll get you, and your little dog too!

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

what in the actual gently caress

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

His inner mindscape went from dumb to superdumb

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
i'm actually pretty impressed on how this comic keeps getting stupider with every page

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
"Honey, I snapped the dog again."

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Fuego Fish posted:

"Honey, the dog just tore my leggings! I'm going to need another five minutes to get changed and maybe ten minutes to BURY THE CORPSE."

No, in the next page she makes him eat the corpse.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Actually he kills his mother. No joke there.

e: You know it's going to be this because the comic always justifies something incredibly lovely by the most pandering of devices, in this case breaking a dog's neck for snagging your panty hose.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 29, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You know, this reminds me of the last season of BoJack Horseman, where they show his mother's memories, and everything is absurdly sexist and racist. Only it makes sense in a show with a talking horse full of broad characters.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ahahahaha one faintly negative comment and they closed comments for this page.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Flesh Forge posted:

And for the previous one.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
That's one way to establish a villain. Literally have them kill the adorable dog. Next she will beat him or something and then probably set fire to his toys or something like that. So I think that Patrick is about to become Clevin 2.1. It has finally begun. All will be made soft.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I didn't think the comic could top pedo doctor, but god drat.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah he is definitely stabbing mommy with a knife next page

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

Haha, really? I had just managed to convince myself this had to be a fakeout of some sort, but I guess they're just playing it straight. I love this comic now!

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Skellybones posted:

John Wick did this way better, imo

It really, really did

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

his mum's still alive. she was shown, like, quite recently. she is a senator

maybe it's an adoptive mum and that's a Big Reveal

ashweh
Apr 29, 2013
I haven't laughed at this comic so hard since Clevin and his pasta.

Are comments always closed for every single page, or are they just doing that because of this recent development?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

his mum's still alive. she was shown, like, quite recently. she is a senator

maybe it's an adoptive mum and that's a Big Reveal

You're thinking of Other Patrick, the rich libertarian shitbird with magical fairy dust that made Feral super regenerator and they have to get hearts out of her with a shovel now.

e: Max Toolhard or whatever his name is

ashweh posted:

I haven't laughed at this comic so hard since Clevin and his pasta.

Are comments always closed for every single page, or are they just doing that because of this recent development?

They're almost always left open except when even the adoring fanbase says whoa dudes, uh this is maybe not great

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Paladinus posted:

You know, this reminds me of the last season of BoJack Horseman, where they show his mother's memories, and everything is absurdly sexist and racist. Only it makes sense in a show with a talking horse full of broad characters.

That episode is also hilarious. I love this comic now please keep getting more stupid

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Paladinus posted:

I bet his mum will have Allison's face, lol. I am so ready for this dumb reveal.

You know as soon as it comes it out its gonna get clevin'd

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Flesh Forge posted:

They're almost always left open except when even the adoring fanbase says whoa dudes, uh this is maybe not great

I think they close them down after a certain point. But yeah, any time there's a major disagreement in the comments it immediately goes under lock down. Right now there's only one comment saying that dog murder seems a bit over the top and it's done.

This comic just kind of gleefully leapt into the absurd here. Like it's one thing that we've just been witness to the worst childhood possible, but his mother just picking up and killing his dog in front of him for no reason loops completely back around to hilarious. It's like something you'd see in a cartoon - a parody of soppy melodramas about people with the most miserable lives possible. Except, presumably, the authors are playing this completely straight. Also it's real hard to snap a dog's neck with your bare hands. Especially if you're just holding it off the ground like that.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Now you know that her throat was snapped as the divine clevin power raptured him.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 29, 2017

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Flesh Forge posted:

Nuebot posted:

I think they close them down after a certain point. But yeah, any time there's a major disagreement in the comments it immediately goes under lock down. Right now there's only one comment saying that dog murder seems a bit over the top and it's done.

Let's not forget that inexplicable bug where uploading a new page somehow clears the comments section of a previous page. They've run into that one a few times now.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Niton posted:

Says some pretty fuckin' uncomfortable things about the author that they shy away from any interesting human consequences, but a faceless minor character just snaps the deuteragonist's dog's neck over nothing, while showing its fear.

Fear? That's mild concern at best.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
His mom's super strength just kicked in

turns out Allison is literally his mom thanks to time travel professor

(lol no)

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They did just do a thing about how memory can be subjective so maybe all this over-the-topness is subject to that?

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
This comic was featured by Entertainment Weekly lol

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Avalerion posted:

They did just do a thing about how memory can be subjective so maybe all this over-the-topness is subject to that?

I mean, something like this has to be the case, but then why'd they close the comment section?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Avalerion posted:

Nothing about the Mother’s dialogue other than the scary voice bubble indicated this. This whole thing really came out of nowhere.

That said, as straightforward as the comic lately has been I don’t think they would be as clever as to introduce unreliability.

EDIT: I hate this comic and I hate this thread. Why am I reading this again and more importantly, why am I posting here? :(

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I wonder if the mom in rage visualized herself killing the dog, so the boy goes nuts and stabs her, then realizes the dog is fine afterwards

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Chad Jihad posted:

I wonder if the mom in rage visualized herself killing the dog, so the boy goes nuts and stabs her, then realizes the dog is fine afterwards

Huh, that would be a good, if heavy handed twist. We will see.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

And then she made me watch as she killed Skipper right in front of me.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 29, 2017

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Fuego Fish posted:

What in the poo poo

Serene Dragon posted:

what in the actual gently caress

for real

pospysyl posted:

And then she made me watch as she killed Skipper right in front of me.

LOL

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

The Chad Jihad posted:

That would be great.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Typical Pubbie posted:

This comic was featured by Entertainment Weekly lol

Jesus Christ, more like Entertainment Weakly.

ashweh
Apr 29, 2013
Comments are open again and the sole, somewhat critical comment that was there earlier is gone. I can't imagine my skin being that thin after posting this comic for years.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Flesh Forge posted:

This is right up there with Tarol Hunt setting up the rape snake lady with the rape collar, I thought that would be pretty hard to beat.

I haven’t read Goblins since I was in high school where I binge read every webcomic that looked remotely interesting, and even back then I decided it was stupid and wasn’t worth following over grimdark mega man sprite comic #502, so I’m going to need an explanation for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Wrist Watch posted:

I haven’t read Goblins since I was in high school where I binge read every webcomic that looked remotely interesting, and even back then I decided it was stupid and wasn’t worth following over grimdark mega man sprite comic #502, so I’m going to need an explanation for this

*Sigh* guess I'll do it.

There's a character who's half woman and half snake. A Lamia, if you're familiar with Dungeon&Dragons races. She was kept as a slave by a bad guy, who fitted her with a magical leash and collar that magically compels her to follow the orders of whoever is holding the leash.

The bad guy used this to rape her all day every day. It's not even implied, he outright states this.

I blame the bad webcomics thread for knowing all this. Curse you, bad webcomics thread! :argh:

• Locked thread