Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Alright fit goons, I need advice.

My end of year goal is visible abs, basically getting back to when I had a swimmer's body. I don't give a poo poo about being bulky or anything else, just less stomach and more visible muscle.

I'm 6'3 188lbs probably more skinny fat than anything. I don't have issues gaining, I just hate being more than 195, I feel heavy. I've done starting strength before and while it's super effective eventually I reach a point on squats usually around 225 where it's so much effort that it slows down the entire workout. I almost always stop lifting around that point because each workout is so incredibly taxing. I can and do cook for myself frequently but I am incapable of going carb free because it causes my IBS to go bananas.

I'm open to suggestions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Abs are made in the kitchen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

And by avoiding the kitchen when you aren't specifically making abs as I understand it.

(haven't had visible abs since I was a teenager, so this is not actual advice)

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The year ends in 2 days so good luck

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
^^^ For me the year ends when I get back from visiting family. I don't give a gently caress about NYE

FizFashizzle posted:

Go on...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

The year ends in 2 days so good luck

good riddance.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember when we lamented on how terrible 2016 was and how it was rock bottom so the only way to go in 2017 would be up? lmao

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

How to get abs:

Cal(in) + Cal(out) = -Cal(tot)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
E: I love that 3-donged horse^

Relentlessboredomm posted:

^^^ For me the year ends when I get back from visiting family. I don't give a gently caress about NYE

Go on...

Ab definition is mainly the absence of fat. So you basically need to not eat until the fat reserves over your abs are reduced.

Severe dehydration also increases definition iirc, but don't do that for obvious reasons.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
There's some poo poo I remember reading in ylls that was like

There are two exercises to get abs

1) the dinner table push away - don't eat so goddamn much

2) horizontal head turns - say no to peoole offering you lovely food

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

There's some poo poo I remember reading in ylls that was like

There are two exercises to get abs

1) the dinner table push away - don't eat so goddamn much

2) horizontal head turns - say no to peoole offering you lovely food

That's Lyle McDonald's ab routine.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
https://twitter.com/liftrss/status/946025567039651840

So that's ironic... right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

From a quick glance at where his work gets published, I think the inside of a Bills' stadium portapotty is more palatable.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The wall just got ten feet wider.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is there a noticeable difference between macro and craft brews when used for cooking?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there a noticeable difference between macro and craft brews when used for cooking?

I wouldn’t spend a lot of money on something youre going to cook away.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Found the article (it's from last year):

quote:

Not only was Tiny Tim’s medical care cut off, but the whole Cratchett family was rendered destitute and starving. As Scrooge had already been paying Cratchett more than anyone else was willing to, even before the imprudent raise, we have to assume Cratchett made less after Scrooge went out of business than he did at the beginning of the story, if he convinced anyone to employ him at all.

Worse even than the misfortune that befell Scrooge, Cratchett and Tiny Tim was the misfortune visited upon society as a whole. How many profitable ventures were never financed, both before and after Scrooge went out of business from investing with his heart instead of his head? How many future jobs were destroyed and children of unemployed fathers left sick and hungry?

I...have no clue if it's satire or not. this is from the Foundation for Economic Education....which again I have no idea whether it's a satirical site or not.

e: the site did ask me to donate and made sure to let me know it accepts bitcoins.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Depebds on what you are cooking. If you just need a liquid, then no. If you are trying to impart a flavor, then yes.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

New season of black mirror looking good

https://twitter.com/fmanjoo/status/946807418809233408

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

And that's why I don't play competitive multiplayer games.

Also not owning a current-gen console I guess.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The story focuses on the gamers but the hidden gem is the veteran cop unloading on a dude for absolutely no reason.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That whole article is fantastic.

Featuring two shitheads on the same team getting someone killed over a $2 bet.

And a cop who plugged a random civilian because American cops are pathetic, drugged up cowards.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

piss tape israel posted:

Remember when we lamented on how terrible 2016 was and how it was rock bottom so the only way to go in 2017 would be up? lmao

i never bought that narrative

we're doomed y'all :chord:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

piss tape israel posted:

I mean 2016 was bad because all your favorite celebrities died and it was dominated between an overbearing campaign between two terrible human beings for president.

Then the worse one won and 2017 was all about that along with the diminished capabilities of once functioning systems. Also turns out all your favorite celebrities rape women and/or kids.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

I mean 2016 was bad because all your favorite celebrities died and it was dominated between an overbearing campaign between two terrible human beings for president.

Then the worse one won and 2017 was all about that along with the diminished capabilities of once functioning systems. Also turns out all your favorite celebrities rape women and/or kids.

George Takei of all people.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like 2017

It's the first time in my lifetime where I was like, "yeah I could definitely see humankind ending this year"

but instead of something cool like terminator it's probably gonna be our fat idiot pres starting a war on twitter

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The story focuses on the gamers but the hidden gem is the veteran cop unloading on a dude for absolutely no reason.

THat's not a hidden gem, that's standard operating procedure.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/liftrss/status/946059955731357696

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alright, first off do not buy this or spend any money on cat toys ever, get a piece of wire and tape some cardboard to the end of it and your cat will be eternally happy if you wave it around.

Having said that if you're an idiot and feel stupidly that you should get your cat a gift this is a goddamned hit. I opened it up an hour ago, spun the balls around to show her how it worked, and the cat is still lying around fascinated with it. This is addicted to an MMO levels of things according to cat time.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

All cops are bastards

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have a ball stuck in track toy that my cats loved the poo poo out of for approximately one week and then they decided gently caress off this is impossible to solve and never so much as looked at it again.

Also it should not be possible to "call a swat team on someone" that's on the cops, and of course, the absolutely key part here is police murdered an unarmed civilian without any provocation whatsoever based on a phone call tip. Someone could give my address as a random address and the cops could show up and murder me or my wife. I mean, I'm white, so my chances of being randomly murdered are lower, but still non-zero.

And we're all so jaded about this happening constantly that we're probably not even going to still be talking about it tomorrow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So looks like if I want to get abs next year all I need to do is starve myself to near death then slowly eat to not die then continue eating healthy from then on?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So looks like if I want to get abs next year all I need to do is starve myself to near death then slowly eat to not die then continue eating healthy from then on?

No. Don't eat like a fatty, get your nutrition right and exercise.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Follow the Gandhi Diet my good man

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I can't wait until he posts his next article about how if you think about it, Robin Hood is actually the bad guy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

OxySnake posted:

I can't wait until he posts his next article about how if you think about it, Robin Hood is actually the bad guy.

Locksley...

ROOOOOBBBIINNNNNNN

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

No. Don't eat like a fatty, get your nutrition right and exercise.

“I don’t know what any of this means.” I think to myself as I finish my 4th stout of the day.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Doing crunches will help as well. It won't matter if you consume 4,000 calories a days but assuming youre eating well they'll start to appear.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Doesn’t matter what you put in the furnace if you get the fire burning hot enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait so I can continue eating like trash if I just work out harder than the trash I eat? I can work towards that

Honestly I just need to wake my rear end up early to work out because the afternoons I’m completely burnt out from work to do anything

• Locked thread