Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

There seems to be a translation issue of some kind on pages 9 and 11 (in that they have ToT saying the exact same thing).

I'm loving the Saitama clubhouse though. Pretty soon he'll be forming his own Hero Association.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

RedMagus posted:

I love the strike team suit designs, but come on, helmets were invented for a reason people!

To rob ones identity?

They look just like how I dressed my X-COM troopers. It's glorious.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

That table seems really small.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Zark the Damned posted:

There seems to be a translation issue of some kind on pages 9 and 11 (in that they have ToT saying the exact same thing).

Read the footnote on 11 (TLDR: not their fault, the same exact lines were there)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

EponymousMrYar posted:

Read the footnote on 11 (TLDR: not their fault, the same exact lines were there)

Ahh, I missed than, nm.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
eager to see the squad get taken down terraformars style

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

The hot pot chapter is webcomic-only. Murata said ONE was planning on replacing it with something else because of story changes.

This is sad.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The webcomic isn't going to stop existing. You can go read it and you'll only benefit from the experience as you have maximised your ONE intake.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Was Narinki's job squad in the webcomic?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

tap my mountain posted:

They were not, as far as I recall.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I can't wait to see the elite task force get taken out without killing a single monster. Also, can't wait to see Saitama beat the FRIG outta Garou.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The webcomic isn't going to stop existing. You can go read it and you'll only benefit from the experience as you have maximised your ONE intake.

I have read it all.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

tap my mountain posted:

nope but im pretty sure the character and the My Son Was Kidnapped plot was but i could be Totally Wrong

i havent read the one version in like a year

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Zark the Damned posted:

I'm loving the Saitama clubhouse though. Pretty soon he'll be forming his own Hero Association.

Those panels are really amazing at showing off the different stages of being a lost child:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Expect My Mom posted:

nope but im pretty sure the character and the My Son Was Kidnapped plot was but i could be Totally Wrong

i havent read the one version in like a year

Those characters were not part of the webcomic version.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

And More posted:

Those panels are really amazing at showing off the different stages of being a lost child:

The stages:

1) Sassy
2) Sassy
3) Sassy

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mraagvpeine posted:

Those characters were not part of the webcomic version.
i swear i remember someone's son getting a kidnapped by monsters. am i crazy?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I eagerly anticipate the two page spread of sweet mask getting his face smashed perfectly flat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yes, exactly, the solution is in fact to give other characters side chapters as well.

I know I'm the one who said this but, wow, yeah just look at this.

You could tell an entire side series just on how Bang got all those scars.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Expect My Mom posted:

The subplot with the rich kid getting kidnapped is there. The sentai squad rip off is new.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

Only the ugly kid was kidnapped IIRC

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RedMagus posted:

I love the strike team suit designs, but come on, helmets were invented for a reason people!

No one ever wants to just do a 'less' stupid idea and have helmets that project the wearer's face on an outside screen. So you can have the best of both worlds.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SatansBestBuddy posted:

The subplot with the rich kid getting kidnapped is there. The sentai squad rip off is new.

Kild posted:

Only the ugly kid was kidnapped IIRC
okay thank you, I swore I remembered that plot happened

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

okay thank you, I swore I remembered that plot happened

I don't remember hologram eye guy either.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

do your best!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i personally think saitama would use a cuss instead of saying Frig or Frick, but maybe with Genos there, he's watching his language

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think Saitama's just looking to punch something after getting whupped at non-copyright infringing Pokemon

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

I think Saitama's just looking to punch something after getting whupped at non-copyright infringing Pokemon

Saitama's real source of power is videogame-induced rage.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

skaianDestiny posted:

The hot pot chapter is webcomic-only. Murata said ONE was planning on replacing it with something else because of story changes.

Is this the bit where Bang invites Genos and Saitiama over for lobster hot pot? If so that's a bonus chapter in my English language print version.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Is this the bit where Bang invites Genos and Saitiama over for lobster hot pot? If so that's a bonus chapter in my English language print version.

No, I think it was replaced by the scene with Fubuki in the newest chapter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

That was also one of the OVA episodes too for the anime.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Expect My Mom posted:

i personally think saitama would use a cuss instead of saying Frig or Frick, but maybe with Genos there, he's watching his language

It's Mangastream. They always mistranslate/add frivolous poo poo. Wait for UltimateKing's translations for the most accurate one.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

i have definitely seen this and it is in the animated version and it is funny

this chapter was excellent for saitama facial expressions, i'm pretty sure he has no idea what the gently caress is going on

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

RareAcumen posted:

You could tell an entire side series just on how Bang got all those scars.

I thought he got a lot of those scars just immediately before, while carrying Genos who was covered in Elder Centipede's digestive (and extremely corrosive) juices.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

I thought he got a lot of those scars just immediately before, while carrying Genos who was covered in Elder Centipede's digestive (and extremely corrosive) juices.

uh, that's not how scarring works.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

uh, that's not how scarring works.

Next you're going to tell me that bandages don't spontaneously manifest on fresh wounds too.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Binary Badger posted:

He's had the scars for a while, had them back during the Boros saga when he first got up shirtless.

EDIT: Oh wait not the ones on his shoulder though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 30, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How were King and Saitama playing together without a link cable???

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wavemotion technology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

They're in a timeline where the form factor of Game Boy successors never changed.