Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Hobo Erotica posted:

Anyone want to debate whether or not it's ok to take your 2 and 4 yo kids (fully covered in sun clothes) to a nude beach?

Beaches are rubbish. Sand is a horrid material that gets all over the car, bringing with it the smell of the ocean, which is rotting weeds and salt. You can't get the stuff out of your hair without a lot of work. Attending a nude beach avoids getting the stuff in one's pockets. Whenever practical, the nude beach is preferred, but ideally you'll be avoiding the beach altogether

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/brisbane-model-blackface-williams-sisters/

quote:

Brissy Model Slammed For Attending Party In Blackface As The Williams Sisters
Brisbane model Sophie Applegarth is one of three young Queensland woman who are getting absolutely shredded online after posting pictures of themselves dressed as the Williams sisters, complete with astonishingly racist facepaint and the kind of not-a-care-in-the-world attitude we’ve come to expect from lovers of blackface the world over.
The pics, which have since been taken down, appear to show Applegarth and mates Julia Iovenitti and Sally Coburn in full racist party-mode, posing with one another by a swimming pool. Applegarth and Iovenitti are attending the “sports stars”-themed party dressed as the Williams sisters (supposedly), and Coburn is purporting to be Kobe Bryant – as evidenced by the caption, “Bryant and his bitches“.
https://twitter.com/laureningram/status/946595480502276101

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

Beaches are rubbish. Sand is a horrid material that gets all over the car, bringing with it the smell of the ocean, which is rotting weeds and salt. You can't get the stuff out of your hair without a lot of work. Attending a nude beach avoids getting the stuff in one's pockets. Whenever practical, the nude beach is preferred, but ideally you'll be avoiding the beach altogether

Hahaha finally, thank you

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

God loving dammit :ughh:

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

e: i'm dumb

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

bandaid.friend posted:

Whatever you say, Annie.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

I will say that the swim / splash can sometimes be worth the sand though. Especially if you make good use of any available showers. Imagine it’s a very hot day and very nice beach. Just with like a fair few dicks.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Like this one for example:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol, 8 Nicholson Street houses among others the Minister for Planning, who in Victoria is the Minister responsible for building regulation etc.

Turns out 8 Nicholson is covered in flammable cladding too :toot:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jonah Galtberg posted:

there has never been a good question asked "only out of academic curiosity"

Jonah Galtberg with a late contender for dumbest post of the year.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Don't forget salt water. Salt water also sucks and makes your face feel horrible if you don't wash it off reasonably quickly.

The beach is alright if you live on or are staying in a room on the beach. If you can walk from the beach into your own shower and get naked and wash off the horrible sand and salt then you're good. If you have to sit in a car to get home you hosed up. We used to drive to the beach now and then from 2 hours away. It was kinda awesome as a dumb kid until the ride home and then the misery began.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

Jonah Galtberg with a late contender for dumbest post of the year.

find an example of that phrase where it was not used with the same connotation as ~*~playing devils advocate~*~

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I know it’s Buzzfeed but I though get this thread would appreciate this: https://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/milo-book-editor-notes?utm_term=.hwZbadYG6#.vdy1Xzqw7

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

find an example of that phrase where it was not used with the same connotation as ~*~playing devils advocate~*~

what is the mathematical number of rate of interest in instantaneous moments assuming growth over time periods?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Well then your claim's a bit different. There's never been a good question whose had someone offer academic curiousity as a justification or excuse for asking it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jonah Galtberg posted:

http://bfy.tw/FnSG

Don't double down when you say something dumb. Admit it and move on.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Ladies, Gentlemen and Others! I give you the cream of AusPol 2017:-

quote:

Not empty quoting.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Look at all these goons pretending that they've actually been to a beach, rather than just looking at pictures on the internet.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Don Dongington posted:

Look at all these goons pretending that they've actually been to a beach, rather than just looking at pictures on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi5jjXTPtyY

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

finishing 2017 by being humourless pedants, that's auspol

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

BBJoey posted:

finishing 2017 by being humourless, shut-in pedants (who don't like sand), that's auspol

FTFY

Also I'm in Auckland for New Year's AMA

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Futuresight posted:

Don't forget salt water. Salt water also sucks and makes your face feel horrible if you don't wash it off reasonably quickly.

Fish gently caress in it

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I reckon there's a pretty decent correlation between living in a poo poo state and disliking the beach. Come to QLD where the beaches are fucken awesome.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yes... Come to Queensland

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

ili posted:

I reckon there's a pretty decent correlation between living in a poo poo state and disliking the beach. Come to QLD where the beaches are fucken awesome.

Beaches in WA are pretty loving neato as well.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

It feels like you guys are kind of missing the point here.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Brisbane strong!

Sunshine State!

White thong brigade!

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Hobo Erotica posted:

going outside is overrated and beaches are garbage

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

GoldStandardConure posted:

going outside is overrated and beaches are garbage

:goonsay:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Hobo Erotica posted:

We'll have to take your word on that being as how you are the expert.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

ili posted:

I've already been to your beaches. I have also seen your big pineapple. There is no reason for me to go back.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Don Dongington posted:

I've been to a beach, and I can confirm they're loving awful. In my family the horror was compounded because we always holiday'd on Fraser Island so the sand NEVER WENT AWAY. Even in bed you couldn't avoid traces of it. Luckily my life has been beach free since Easter 2007. (I'm not counting beach adjacent activities like eating at a restaurant next to a beach or on a pier or something, or the time I drove from Brisbane to Coolangatta to try the first Messina that opened in Queensland; just actually needing to come into contact with sand.)

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Sydney obviously has the best beaches. That pic I posted above on this page is pretty much in the middle of the city. LOOK AT IT. And there are heaps of them.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Tasmania has the most beautiful beaches in the country, you just can't swim there unless you have a wetsuit/are insane.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I’m enjoying ABC24’s “person tapping on an iPhone” stock footage that they play over the Apple story, but it just can’t match the “young person using a computer” stock footage that goes with Bitcoin stories.

Neither are as good as the classic “hacker using the internet” stock footage of course.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Zenithe posted:

Tasmania has the most beautiful beaches in the country, you just can't swim there unless you have a wetsuit/are insane.

'Under an arctic sky' is on netflix, pretty crazy doco about some people chasing waves in Iceland under the aurora borealias. Beautifully shot, great 40 min.

Anyway is seriously no-one going to have a crack at the 'kids at a nude beach' thing? I'm pretty sure you won't go to jail.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Hobo Erotica posted:

Anyway is seriously no-one going to have a crack at the 'kids at a nude beach' thing? I'm pretty sure you won't go to jail.

this is a real loving strange hill you are standing at the top of, demanding everyone charge up it and kill you

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

I've been to a beach, and I can confirm they're loving awful. In my family the horror was compounded because we always holiday'd on Fraser Island so the sand NEVER WENT AWAY. Even in bed you couldn't avoid traces of it. Luckily my life has been beach free since Easter 2007. (I'm not counting beach adjacent activities like eating at a restaurant next to a beach or on a pier or something, or the time I drove from Brisbane to Coolangatta to try the first Messina that opened in Queensland; just actually needing to come into contact with sand.)

source your quotes

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hobo Erotica posted:

'Under an arctic sky' is on netflix, pretty crazy doco about some people chasing waves in Iceland under the aurora borealias. Beautifully shot, great 40 min.

why do you want it so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

GoldStandardConure posted:

this is a real loving strange hill you are standing at the top of, demanding everyone charge up it and kill you

Have we met?

Anyway it's a valid question and late december, what the gently caress else we got to do

• Locked thread