Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Washout posted:

What's the easy way for a newbie to get enough of the 4* orbs so I can make shellga and protectga? I'm already running into content where it's obvious I need them.

Find a website that has friend codes for roaming warriors that are searchable. The one I used to use shut down but there is another I can't remember the name of off the top of my head.

Search for Shadow's BSB. Add 5 to 10 of these people as your friends in game.

Use Shadow's BSB to easily clear the daily dungeons. RWs can be used twice and the daily dungeons have two stages, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Shadow's BSB is instant cast, so it'll kill the first wave immediately. CMD2, which replaces defend, hits all enemies twice with a short cast time. Just use the RW with someone with high attack.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

KPC_Mammon posted:

Find a website that has friend codes for roaming warriors that are searchable. The one I used to use shut down but there is another I can't remember the name of off the top of my head.

Search for Shadow's BSB. Add 5 to 10 of these people as your friends in game.

I'm still using Shadow BSB as my RW! You can add me. 5wNM.

Go to Menu > Friend List > Find Friends

I'll probably be diving him soon as well, so he'll have even more attack!

Oxybeles
Feb 1, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Meltdown is really good but shares crystals with Curada and Mug Bloodlust. I've never needed Mug Bloodlust to be anything higher than R1, but Curada is definitely nice to have around. SSS and Omega Drive are definitely safe picks.

Affliction Break is handy and I like having it at R2 since it only lasts 15 seconds iirc. I can't really think of any time where having more uses would have been useful.

Quadruple Foul is useless, don't bother. The other totally poo poo ones are Aegis Strike, Reraise, Penalty Snipe, and Dervish.

Lifesbane is, I believe, still just worse than Omega Drive, and most (all?) characters that can use Lifesbane can use OD, too. But you can only have one copy of Omega Drive, so Lifesbane works as a slightly worse second copy of OD in a pinch, I guess. Worth keeping one or two copies around in case they buff monk skills, probably.

Sky High isn't bad but Aerial Strike is currently pretty much just as good (unless you regularly run weird all-dragoon teams) and only needs major orbs. Mug Bloodlust and Stitch in Time are situationally good but R1 should be plenty for any fight you'd want to bring them to.

Valigarmanda and Neo-Bahamut are both quite strong - I haven't bothered making Neo-Bahamut since summoning crystals seem to be the rarest by far and being able to hit multiple elements, take advantage of elemental doublecast dives, and boost it with +elemental gear makes Valigarmanda more attractive to me, but there are some situations where Neo-Bahamut will be better, especially if you are easily capping all of the hits.

I've never bothered with Ultima - it was total poo poo for a while and now I think it's basically in the same position w/r/t Meltdown as the summoning 6*s are. I know it's super good for clearing Torment trash but meh.

Demonsblood is alright but I think I've only ever used it like twice and R1 was plenty. It's kind of clunky since you need a draw fire effect to pair it with, either from another skill or an SB, but there's some silly stuff you can do with retaliate and Cloud's USB if you have that. I wouldn't spend any crystals on it but you get it for free with job motes so it's not a bad idea to keep one copy laying around.

Dervish is debatably the strongest 6 star ability now. It hits 8 times, so you don't waste tons of over-the-cap damage, and has a very solid 4.8x modifier. I tend to get more overall damage out of Dervish against low-defense targets, even with its lower modifier, simply because I am not wasting 70% of its damage potential at the 9999 mark.

Omega Drive still hits the hardest, but most of that additional damage is going to be lost against anything that doesn't have a gigantic Defense, or for Cloud (or RW) under his USB. It does have a 5.68x modifier (if you hit the ATK prerequisite of 1359), but this only hits 4 times vs Lifebane's 5.

Lifebane is still my most-used 6 star ability. It hits 5 times, requires a much lower ATK value to max out its modifier (1014), a very respectable 5.25x. Add this to the plethora of doublecast monks, and this is a fearsome ability that deserves a second look from anyone. If you don't have inherent Cloud USB, and aren't trying to abuse Cloud/Noctis doublecasts on Combat, then your orbs are probably better-spent here.

Neo Bahamut is currently the best NonElemental damage source, and if you have Alph USB, and Neo Bahamut at absurdly high hones (R4/R5), then you can really abuse this. Otherwise, Valig is probably a better destination for your Summoning Crystals, as it will hit weaknesses more often, resulting in a higher SB% generated. It does hit 4 times vs Valig's 3, and I don't recall Valig hitting under 9999 since the day I crafted it, so you are leaving some damage on the table with Valig that Neo Bahamut could possibly pick up. It also has a much higher multiplier than Valig does (19.2/4 vs 16.5/3). Overall, Valig will hit weaknesses more often, generate more SB gauge, but probably deal ~10k less damage than Neo.

Meltdown and Curada are the two strongest skills in the game. Full Stop.

Sky High is kind of a unique one. For some reason, this skill was left to generate the highest amount of SB gauge in the game. All other elemental strikes have an "elemental penalty" to make up for the extra +50% SB gauge that they generate when hitting a weakness. Sky High was left off of this list, and by default generates 18% of gauge. It also has an absurdly (sky)high modifier if you have other dragoons jump at the same time (4.72x/5.16x/5.64x/6.12x/6.6x) if you have 0/1/2/3/4 others in the air with you at the same time. Other than that; its probably not worth the R2 hone, because it competes with most of the other big ones for crystal types (Lightning/Earth/Wind). If you have a solid dragoon force, it may be worthwhile over some of the others, though.

Snowspell Strike gets the advantage of hitting dual-elements, and is a solid 4.4x with 4 hits. If you run a lot of Ice/Wind teams and have a spellblade who can really leverage this to their advantage (Bartz, Celes, Orlandu/Ayame maybe) then it may be worth taking to R3 or even higher. Spellblades get a good number of dualcasters/boosters, so this could potentially equal/surpass some of the other 6 star big hitters, especially if you're going against a weakness.

AffBreak - Duh. Make this. R1 is fine, R2 is a Quality of Life improvement.

The rest of them are pretty forgettable or actively bad. Demonsblood is niche, but the 5 star SAM abilities also add retaliate. Ultima is a slightly better Meteor, but competes with two crystal-types with Meltdown (use Meltdown instead). Crushdown is actually... decent now. Make it at R1 maybe, or slightly higher if you really need physical AoE.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I had some extra gems to burn so I went back and did single pulls on the XII banners while they're still around. Got Ashe's En-lightning LM. Nice, I have her OSB too so she'll be a pretty solid lightning attacker.

Also steamrolled the Esper event. That's a lot of easy 3* and 4* motes right there. It really is just a baby version of Crystal Tower.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It sucks that Omega Drive and Meltdown compete for crystals.

Ugh.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

DizzyBum posted:

I had some extra gems to burn so I went back and did single pulls on the XII banners while they're still around. Got Ashe's En-lightning LM. Nice, I have her OSB too so she'll be a pretty solid lightning attacker.

Also steamrolled the Esper event. That's a lot of easy 3* and 4* motes right there. It really is just a baby version of Crystal Tower.

Yeah, I beat the hardest Esper round with 4/5 of my characters having no equipment on them, somehow. Didn't even notice until afterward, the synergy bonuses were enough to have all my abilities still hit the damage cap.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Oxybeles posted:

Dervish is debatably the strongest 6 star ability now. It hits 8 times, so you don't waste tons of over-the-cap damage, and has a very solid 4.8x modifier. I tend to get more overall damage out of Dervish against low-defense targets, even with its lower modifier, simply because I am not wasting 70% of its damage potential at the 9999 mark.

Omega Drive still hits the hardest, but most of that additional damage is going to be lost against anything that doesn't have a gigantic Defense, or for Cloud (or RW) under his USB. It does have a 5.68x modifier (if you hit the ATK prerequisite of 1359), but this only hits 4 times vs Lifebane's 5.

Lifebane is still my most-used 6 star ability. It hits 5 times, requires a much lower ATK value to max out its modifier (1014), a very respectable 5.25x. Add this to the plethora of doublecast monks, and this is a fearsome ability that deserves a second look from anyone. If you don't have inherent Cloud USB, and aren't trying to abuse Cloud/Noctis doublecasts on Combat, then your orbs are probably better-spent here.

Neo Bahamut is currently the best NonElemental damage source, and if you have Alph USB, and Neo Bahamut at absurdly high hones (R4/R5), then you can really abuse this. Otherwise, Valig is probably a better destination for your Summoning Crystals, as it will hit weaknesses more often, resulting in a higher SB% generated. It does hit 4 times vs Valig's 3, and I don't recall Valig hitting under 9999 since the day I crafted it, so you are leaving some damage on the table with Valig that Neo Bahamut could possibly pick up. It also has a much higher multiplier than Valig does (19.2/4 vs 16.5/3). Overall, Valig will hit weaknesses more often, generate more SB gauge, but probably deal ~10k less damage than Neo.

Meltdown and Curada are the two strongest skills in the game. Full Stop.

Sky High is kind of a unique one. For some reason, this skill was left to generate the highest amount of SB gauge in the game. All other elemental strikes have an "elemental penalty" to make up for the extra +50% SB gauge that they generate when hitting a weakness. Sky High was left off of this list, and by default generates 18% of gauge. It also has an absurdly (sky)high modifier if you have other dragoons jump at the same time (4.72x/5.16x/5.64x/6.12x/6.6x) if you have 0/1/2/3/4 others in the air with you at the same time. Other than that; its probably not worth the R2 hone, because it competes with most of the other big ones for crystal types (Lightning/Earth/Wind). If you have a solid dragoon force, it may be worthwhile over some of the others, though.

Snowspell Strike gets the advantage of hitting dual-elements, and is a solid 4.4x with 4 hits. If you run a lot of Ice/Wind teams and have a spellblade who can really leverage this to their advantage (Bartz, Celes, Orlandu/Ayame maybe) then it may be worth taking to R3 or even higher. Spellblades get a good number of dualcasters/boosters, so this could potentially equal/surpass some of the other 6 star big hitters, especially if you're going against a weakness.

AffBreak - Duh. Make this. R1 is fine, R2 is a Quality of Life improvement.

The rest of them are pretty forgettable or actively bad. Demonsblood is niche, but the 5 star SAM abilities also add retaliate. Ultima is a slightly better Meteor, but competes with two crystal-types with Meltdown (use Meltdown instead). Crushdown is actually... decent now. Make it at R1 maybe, or slightly higher if you really need physical AoE.

This is a good take on the current 6* ability balance.

(edit) I would add a slight note to Dervish though: While it's very strong, it's somewhat limited in effective users. Abilities like Lifebane, Omega Drive, Snowspell Strike and Meltdown have a lot more potential users with things like dualcast dives or legend materia. It doesn't make it a bad skill, but I wouldn't rush in to honing one until you have a good Celerity user lined up for it.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 29, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
A note on Dervish: I've basically replaced Lifesiphon with it. It takes around 4-6 casts to get your first SB, but you're doing ~16000-32000 damage with it every turn until then compared to LS's 3k or whatever, not to mention its fast casting speed.

It is super useful.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

The six-stars that take crystals like Meltdown, are you limited to one craft of em?

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

The wednesday major dark orb stages are actually really good, I've been using all my stamina potions on that one since there's like a million goddamn abilities that all need major dark orbs. I told myself I was going to farm that Shinra's Best event or whatever it was but I think I got like 10 orbs total from it because it was so incredibly boring and time-consuming and this game already has way too much to do now. The good news is you don't need to hone Death Throes / Memento Mori at all since you'd be dead before a second cast wore off anyway. R2 has been enough for me for Reaping Scythe / Dark Zone, too, since by the time you've burned through all of your abilities you'll definitely have your SBs ready to fire off.

Thanks for the advice, helped me get my first sub 30 on it :cool:

and this happened with Cid Raines not getting a single dualcast somehow

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Bruceski posted:

The six-stars that take crystals like Meltdown, are you limited to one craft of em?

Yep :(

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
200 mythril on the first FFXII banner so far since the fest started.

I have yet to pull any of the four relics I want (Ashe's USB, any part of Balthier's kit besides his Enfire, which I have pulled three times).

This is Fine

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Oxybeles knows what's up.

It might look like OD is doing more but you need to remember Dervish casts much faster. There's an actual graphical comparison in "The PDF" for the NE abilities. OD's user list is also just as barren as Dervish's.

http://happypluto.com/~misterp/r/ffrk.pdf

Page 15.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
I did a perhaps ill-advised second pull on the earth banner and got Ingus's chain (cool, but I've got jack poo poo else for him) and Tifa's LMR2, leaving my Tifa at USB, SSB, and LMR. I was looking at her legend dive, because earth is my weakest element by a mile, and although she doesn't have anything amazing like a doublecast LM2 or anything, she does have "moderate chance to reduce delay of the user's actions for three turns after using a monk ability". In my head, her starting with en-earth and machine-gunning quickcasted Gaia Rushes until something is dead might shore up my earth element weakness, but has anybody had any luck diving her before?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Meltdown is really good but shares crystals with Curada and Mug Bloodlust. I've never needed Mug Bloodlust to be anything higher than R1, but Curada is definitely nice to have around. SSS and Omega Drive are definitely safe picks.

I have mug bloodlust at R2 because it’s really good for the damage thieves like Vaan. Now that I use rikku it’s not nearly as useful but oh well

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Stopgap posted:

I did a perhaps ill-advised second pull on the earth banner and got Ingus's chain (cool, but I've got jack poo poo else for him) and Tifa's LMR2, leaving my Tifa at USB, SSB, and LMR. I was looking at her legend dive, because earth is my weakest element by a mile, and although she doesn't have anything amazing like a doublecast LM2 or anything, she does have "moderate chance to reduce delay of the user's actions for three turns after using a monk ability". In my head, her starting with en-earth and machine-gunning quickcasted Gaia Rushes until something is dead might shore up my earth element weakness, but has anybody had any luck diving her before?

You don't need anything else for Ingus. Chains are the most powerful tools available in the game right now. Just slap Gaia Cross on him and Earthbringer whenever it hits.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Stopgap posted:

In my head, her starting with en-earth and machine-gunning quickcasted Gaia Rushes until something is dead might shore up my earth element weakness, but has anybody had any luck diving her before?

I might be corrected, but I believe Quickcast LMs are mid-tier, which is to say that she'd probably function well enough as your Earth DPS, but you could do much better.

You have her EnEarth LMR though, which would definitely help out her DPS.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
So I decided to burn off my last bit of energy before bed and went into the Valigarmanda fight blind. Holy poo poo that fight is the biggest load of crap ever.

After a dozen tries I finally settled on what I figured should do the trick, double healer with Y’shtola and Larsa. I learned the hard way Stop resist is worthless but remembered seeing in the thread to stack MND so I did. After way too many attempts with the boss just blowing up my one DPS (Bartz) or one of the healers, or randomly counter freezing 3/5ths of the team before even getting to the AOE Stop, I finally got off a Larsa BSB and figured it’d be easy going from there.

Larsa BSB doesn’t blink the AOE Stop. What a crock of poo poo.

gently caress this fight, I’m going to sleep. I’ll figure it out in the morning.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

BGrifter posted:

So I decided to burn off my last bit of energy before bed and went into the Valigarmanda fight blind. Holy poo poo that fight is the biggest load of crap ever.

After a dozen tries I finally settled on what I figured should do the trick, double healer with Y’shtola and Larsa. I learned the hard way Stop resist is worthless but remembered seeing in the thread to stack MND so I did. After way too many attempts with the boss just blowing up my one DPS (Bartz) or one of the healers, or randomly counter freezing 3/5ths of the team before even getting to the AOE Stop, I finally got off a Larsa BSB and figured it’d be easy going from there.

gently caress this fight, I’m going to sleep. I’ll figure it out in the morning.

Go back a couple pages the answer is there to beat this bastard

Edit: i finally fully.mastered my first dude (squall)

Picked up his materia about mod chance to hit twice. Is this the famous doublecast you guys talk about?

Is there a list of all doublecasts triplecasts in game? Like who do we get it from, regular ol materias or special ones etc.

Cause i was going to fully dive cloud next cause i have his osb but if its better i full stop go to bartz or something cause of this doublecast thing i will.

Of course i still have to get spellblade motes but im having a much easier time of 200 torments now...250s and 300s stomp me still so ill avoid magicites for now :(

stab fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Dec 29, 2017

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

BGrifter posted:

The trick is Mind.

Basically, bring a mage team with everyone equipped with highest mind possible. Mixed staves and rods with about equal Mag/Mind are ideal. Then se some sort of Mind buffs, like a +Mag/+Mind faithga effect. If you have one of those native, and also a wall, bring a second stacking Mind buff as your RW. Then use a breaker with Mind Breakdown. If they have a SB for Pentabreak, that is even better.

Basically use every possible way you have to increase Mind, and you can reach a point where the stops last for a few seconds at worst. With stacked FF6 gear and two mind buffs, I got split second stops that lasted less than a second.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Yeah i won with celes, terra and shadow for ff6 synergy damage (with legitimately solid SBs), yuna for bsb2 for mnd up and healing, and ramza for medal break requirements and mind break. Rikku usb RW.

It was surprisingly not too bad then! Got it first try once i decided on that party.

Total bullshit though and DeNa can bite me.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 29, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Attestant posted:

Basically use every possible way you have to increase Mind, and you can reach a point where the stops last for a few seconds at worst. With stacked FF6 gear and two mind buffs, I got split second stops that lasted less than a second.

Yeah once I blew up my team and put together something ridiculous it went down on the first try.

Ended up winning with:
Larsa - Entrust Bot
Krile - Fire Chain into BSB as the only damage
Y’shtola - Shell then Wrath into Asylum spam
Faris - USB into Mind Breakdown into Full Break
Relm - Spam heals and BSBs

Went with an OK BSB RW as I couldn’t find a decent +MND one. A +MND buff probably would have been overkill as the stops barely lasted a second.

What an awful fight. Glad to be done with it. Just barely got Mastery.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i kinda liked it once it clicked that the only answer was more mind

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Prav posted:

i kinda liked it once it clicked that the only answer was more mind

I probably would have liked it a lot more if I hadn’t given it a shot at 2am just before going to sleep.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

BGrifter posted:

I probably would have liked it a lot more if I hadn’t given it a shot at 2am just before going to sleep.

No, you were right to be angry at it. It's a dumb fight that circumvents all of the normal mechanics that we're used to, and it never tells you this.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

stab posted:

Is there a list of all doublecasts triplecasts in game? Like who do we get it from, regular ol materias or special ones etc.

For LM2 dualcasts:

https://twitter.com/onworld1/status/946287685685014528

And for dualcasts including Legend Materia relics, sorted by ability school and element (Red boxes are LM2s, all others are LMR):
https://twitter.com/onworld1/status/946289413859897344?s=09

If enough people want I can try translating these to make it more readable, I don't think these have an English version floating around.

There are also some Record Materia dualcasts, but they're generally only worth it if you're capping damage without one of the damage boost RMs, or dealing with something like Squall BSB or a chain where you might want the 15% chance to dualcast. I'd personally just aim for the damage ones first, or just Garnet's which has the highest chance among dualcasts RMs.

Here's a list from reddit with some of the best Record Materia. Not all the dualcast RMs have the same % chance to trigger a dualcast so the list here will be useful to figure out which is best.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 29, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I finally got around to doing the curada and omega drive nightmare dungeons and immediately honed them both up to r2

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Currently sharing Serah’s mag/mind hastega SSB with as much mind gear as possible, friend code eQv5. Hope it might help with Vali :v:

Also rethinking pulling on banner 4, I figured out how to sub 1:00 Fenrir ( :shittydog: ) and as perfect as Rinoa’s chain would be, all that lightning poo poo makes me nervous. Maybe I’ll earmark it for the delicious oniony III banner.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'd really like the three chains on Banner 4, as well as the Squall stuff, but anything that isn't that kinda makes me wary. There's a lot of junk in that pile, as anything that isn't Squall/Edea BSB is pretty much outdated (unless you need a +Lightning spear).

That 50 Mythril might go towards the next FFVIII event instead. I'm still on the fence.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'd really like the three chains on Banner 4, as well as the Squall stuff, but anything that isn't that kinda makes me wary. There's a lot of junk in that pile, as anything that isn't Squall/Edea BSB is pretty much outdated (unless you need a +Lightning spear).

That 50 Mythril might go towards the next FFVIII event instead. I'm still on the fence.

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. It has the most chains of any banner and all of them are good, Lightning's USB is great, Squall's BSB2 and LMR are great, Edea's BSB is very good but I already have it.

Edea, Rinoa and Kain BSBs are the only dupes for me, and I wouldn't be *that* upset about having a reforged +lightning spear I guess, but I don't want dupes of the other two, and there's a few other BSBs on there (Shelke, Desch, and Lenna) that would basically do nothing at all for me.

I had originally set aside 3 pulls just because a lightning or ice chain would shore up my slowest magicite times, but I might just do 2 and toss the last pull at the III or FFTA banner instead.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Adel posted:

Currently sharing Serah’s mag/mind hastega SSB with as much mind gear as possible, friend code eQv5. Hope it might help with Vali :v:

Also rethinking pulling on banner 4, I figured out how to sub 1:00 Fenrir ( :shittydog: ) and as perfect as Rinoa’s chain would be, all that lightning poo poo makes me nervous. Maybe I’ll earmark it for the delicious oniony III banner.

Thanks! Hopefully this plus Marche's bsb will be enough for me.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

It is extremely lame that resistance-shifting enemies shift between doublecast procs, especially when they have a counter move for using the wrong element.

edit: Also this Phantom Train fight loving suuuuucks. Why did I choose today to do all of the frustrating bullshit.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 29, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

It is extremely lame that resistance-shifting enemies shift between doublecast procs, especially when they have a counter move for using the wrong element.

edit: Also this Phantom Train fight loving suuuuucks. Why did I choose today to do all of the frustrating bullshit.

What's your biggest issue with Phantom Train? I did it solo, didn't seem too bad. If you bring fire and Affliction Break, maybe an astra on top of that (plus status res. accessories for your biggest individual concerns) his gimmick isn't too bad.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

pichupal posted:

For LM2 dualcasts:

https://twitter.com/onworld1/status/946287685685014528

And for dualcasts including Legend Materia relics, sorted by ability school and element (Red boxes are LM2s, all others are LMR):
https://twitter.com/onworld1/status/946289413859897344?s=09

If enough people want I can try translating these to make it more readable, I don't think these have an English version floating around.

There are also some Record Materia dualcasts, but they're generally only worth it if you're capping damage without one of the damage boost RMs, or dealing with something like Squall BSB or a chain where you might want the 15% chance to dualcast. I'd personally just aim for the damage ones first, or just Garnet's which has the highest chance among dualcasts RMs.

Here's a list from reddit with some of the best Record Materia. Not all the dualcast RMs have the same % chance to trigger a dualcast so the list here will be useful to figure out which is best.

Thanks man. As for those pics you put up, dont understand a thing lol. The reddit oage is helpful.

Turns out i already have like 90% of the useful stuff :cool:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

iamsosmrt posted:

What's your biggest issue with Phantom Train? I did it solo, didn't seem too bad. If you bring fire and Affliction Break, maybe an astra on top of that (plus status res. accessories for your biggest individual concerns) his gimmick isn't too bad.

I actually did it solo and it was...way easier. In MP he was spamming his petrify move and just non-stop dropping the whistle that confused / blinded everyone faster than 3 healers could clear them, even with accessories + affliction break.

Solo was a joke comparatively. It's a shame because the MP is such a cool concept and seems very unique for this type of game, but I've been finding more and more frequently that it's just never worth the hassle of doing any of the fights with other people unless you need to be carried.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

I barely limped over Valigardmanda, then realized I forgot to break his magic and resist so I didn't master it. Ah well, those 4* motes can rot I guess.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I actually did it solo and it was...way easier. In MP he was spamming his petrify move and just non-stop dropping the whistle that confused / blinded everyone faster than 3 healers could clear them, even with accessories + affliction break.

Solo was a joke comparatively. It's a shame because the MP is such a cool concept and seems very unique for this type of game, but I've been finding more and more frequently that it's just never worth the hassle of doing any of the fights with other people unless you need to be carried.

I think I tried two MP teams, neither of which even connected. The main MP fights I prioritize are the expensive stamina ones. I rather save 40 stamina if someone's willing to use their 60.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Phantom Train was one of the buggiest MP fights ever. I remember during one run, everyone's ATB just stopped for a full minute or two, and we just sat there watching us get sapped over and over til we died. Another run, somebody used Deployment Tactics, and it took like 5 seconds for each reflect damage animation to cycle through. There was another time when I used Locke's chain, and the chain meter didn't even show up, nor did any of the fire imperil icons.

The winning run surprisingly came from the most unlikely, where we had more than half the team die pretty early on, yet we somehow reraised and buffed everyone back up and got the job done.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

I had one PT run where right before we were going to beat it one of the leader's guys died and he ragequit the attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Phantom Train is Bullshit of the highest degree

• Locked thread