Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

All the new characters have insanely good animations

I don't know a thing about fighting games or their quality so I will judge this solely based on how good the sprite work is and its vbery good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pff

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

Wild and Horned Hermit 43!

Featuring the acclaimed return of WaHH's most popular character.

Reimu still an irredeemable rear end in a top hat. she doesn't deserve the good puppy

Mighty Dicktron posted:

stay safe poverty ghost

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

hello please update the lore Doremy has long hair

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

yeah see this what I was talking about. this is the kinda scheme reimu needs

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think by this point Reimu would hardly be perturbed by someone more rich and successful than she is.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good grief, Yukari's new theme gets intense.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think by this point Reimu would hardly be perturbed by someone more rich and successful than she is.

She might blame Joon for abandoning her, though. Or Shion for "blessing" her.

Yukari has good taste regarding the SDM crew. Took the best for herself.

Also, it fits her naming theme; Yukari herself is associated with purple and whatnot, as the most powerful Yakumo, Ran blue/indigo, and Chen orange, so she's the one dressed in purple, while Chen gets to be Remilia Scarlet, whose name clearly indicates that she's the lowest and weakest of the group.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Dec 29, 2017

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I never thought I'd get to say this, but I look forward to playing this Touhou game when it comes out in English.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Mighty Dicktron posted:

stay safe poverty ghost

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

rip

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Rude.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

rich, check
bad hair, check
no taste, check
a boss, check
"the worst" (official description) check

Jo'on is Touhou Trump and I'm mad about it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She's more of a con artist than a rich person.

Oh wait-

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

For the record, they do get along though. They're like... a pair of petty criminals planning a big heist.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ahahaha, wow, Joon, and Shion too, really are described as "the worst" in their character descriptions. "The Worst, Tough-Luckiest Younger/Elder Twin Sister" (Shion's the elder).

A lot of these are at least partially insulting or negative, really. Besides those two, the two harshest descriptions are "Freewheeling and Haphazard Shrine Maiden" and "Elusive and Two-Faced Youkai", for Reimu and Yukari respectively. The others mostly get at least something positive to go with the negative, but there it's just "yeah, Yukari is a liar and Reimu sucks". I wish they were all at least somewhat negative; comparatively, things like "Phantasmagoric and Shrewd Bake-Danuki" for Mamizou or "Dream-Bestowing Youkai" for Doremy are boring.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The call themselves the worst. They call themselves the "saikyou muteki combi" meaning "the worst, invincible team."

Even Marisa is like: "I don't want to touch these two with a ten foot pole."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 29, 2017

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Since when was 最凶 the worst? Most sinister or most evil, sure, but worst?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, depends on the context. You're right though, that's a bit misleading.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Clarste posted:

The call themselves the worst. They call themselves the "saikyou muteki combi" meaning "the worst, invincible team."

Even Marisa is like: "I don't want to touch these two with a ten foot pole."

Ah, that's interesting.

So, what plot stuff do we know so far? Who teams up with who, if there are canon story teams beyond Joon and Shion? I'm curious about Yukari, Tenshi, and some others. Also curious what Yukari's plot is this time; I hope it's as ridiculous as her past ones.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

When you play story mode you choose a team, but those aren't the same teams the enemies will have. Story-wise people are switching partners all the time, and you just happen to play one of teams that existed at one point. Like, Shinmyoumaru explicitly ditches her partner after each loss, and in Marisa's route she deeply regrets being partnered up with Koishi.

Yukari's route is extremely short: she just fights the final boss right away. She's kind of the incident resolver again, although she's often a penultimate boss in other routes. She doesn't really use a partner in story mode (because the partner incident is what she's trying to solve).

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Who is clownpieces partner?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clarste posted:

When you play story mode you choose a team, but those aren't the same teams the enemies will have. Story-wise people are switching partners all the time, and you just happen to play one of teams that existed at one point. Like, Shinmyoumaru explicitly ditches her partner after each loss, and in Marisa's route she deeply regrets being partnered up with Koishi.

Yukari's route is extremely short: she just fights the final boss right away. She's kind of the incident resolver again, although she's often a penultimate boss in other routes. She doesn't really use a partner in story mode (because the partner incident is what she's trying to solve).

And here I was hoping she'd punch Tenshi in the face again in the story route.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Clarste posted:

Ah. Disappointing, but it also makes sense; as you say, she was that in the past games too, she just had a sillier way of going about it then, i.e. stealing everyone's alcohol and beating up Tenshi for doing what she wanted Tenshi to do in the first place. And actually resolving things by doing that too. Though her just going "alright, this is dumb, I'm ending it" is great in its own way.

The rest is interesting, meanwhile. Makes sense too.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 29, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

iospace posted:

And here I was hoping she'd punch Tenshi in the face again in the story route.

On Tenshi's route she does get to go "what the hell are you doing here?!"

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
John is good and my new favorite touhou.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Learn well: under capitalism, the only 勝者 is The Man.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:
Do Jo'on and Shion get Wario and Waluigi as their alt colours?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This guy has a point. zun please fix

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Did you post that? :v:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rectus posted:

Did you post that? :v:

I can see how you may think that BUT

I didnt post it I swear

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yukari apparently gets another new theme in this, that includes a remixed bit of Necrofantasia. It's less psychotic-sounding menacing than the previous one, but I like it too.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Namtab posted:

Who is clownpieces partner?

eric andre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2KYkPPB1Fg

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

El Burbo posted:

I agree. Alice and Suwako should also be in this game.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I'm glad ZUN read my letter that only said "please put the giant catfish in the next fighting game".

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Roland Jones posted:

Yukari apparently gets another new theme in this, that includes a remixed bit of Necrofantasia. It's less psychotic-sounding menacing than the previous one, but I like it too.

For pyschotic and menacing, there is a
Night Falls - Evening Star version
along with it - reminds me quite a bit of the one from Concealed, the Conclusion.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tenshi's theme gets a nice jazzy remix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaMtjm7eRmQ

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The Necrofantasia remix (by ZUN) is used in story mode, while Evening Star is only in multiplayer. Same with Tenshi: as a boss she gets a ZUN-arrange of Unknown X as a boss.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Fun fact: the coin sound is the same as the one from new super marisa land