Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nullsmack posted:

I was griefed in an interesting way earlier. We just finished a round holding point A on Hollywood. I played Mercy and kept zipping around healing my team. At the end of the round, I got a group request. I thought it was from a teammate, but as it turns out it was from a guy on the other team. I ended up as a spectator to the next match. He then friended me long enough to talk some poo poo about being mad about losing because "a prick mercy pockets". in QP. I spectated that match and the guy still lost. But seriously, who gets mad enough about QP to do something like that?

Apparently that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Offseason can get a bit weird.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
some guy named aZn_Salt or something like that friended me after a game to talk poo poo, I just laughed a bunch

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I had a guy get mad at me earlier because "gm counterpicking me in qp, lul".

Sorry I don't want to run into your hanzo, widow and genji combo over and over again?

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Liar Lyre posted:

Just had the hardest fought matches in my entire life. Me, a rando and a four stack of newbies (they had matching names so they’re probably alt accounts) vs a six stack that was so hardcore they color coordinated skins. We won a few games on attack, but they deleted us on defense.

I’m not even that mad about it.
I love those kinds of intense games where everyone is on and making smart plays. Even when they result in a loss, they're really satisfying.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Nullsmack posted:

I was griefed in an interesting way earlier. We just finished a round holding point A on Hollywood. I played Mercy and kept zipping around healing my team. At the end of the round, I got a group request. I thought it was from a teammate, but as it turns out it was from a guy on the other team. I ended up as a spectator to the next match. He then friended me long enough to talk some poo poo about being mad about losing because "a prick mercy pockets". in QP. I spectated that match and the guy still lost. But seriously, who gets mad enough about QP to do something like that?

On the about QP part, it's all video games, getting mad in either mode would be equally silly.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Heavy Metal posted:

On the about QP part, it's all video games, getting mad in either mode would be equally silly.

I dunno man. I get unreasonably mad at teams that go Torb/Sym defense on Numbani in QP.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'm never surprised by salt because I used to play a lot of Dark Souls pvp

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Constantine XI posted:

I dunno man. I get unreasonably mad at teams that go Torb/Sym defense on Numbani in QP.

The same part of my brain that would ask a Monkey's Paw for more Monkey's Paws wants Torb/Sym to be Actually Viable so, so badly.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Willie Tomg posted:

The same part of my brain that would ask a Monkey's Paw for more Monkey's Paws wants Torb/Sym to be Actually Viable so, so badly.

Your wish is granted. Just play gold tier quick play with uncoordinated randoms on attack.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Constantine XI posted:

Your wish is granted. Just play gold tier quick play with uncoordinated randoms on attack.

Torb and symmetra together on hanamura A defense make things nasty in gold tier quick play. There's a reason tracer shouldn't have 300hp

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Symmetra is fairly effective if nobody on the attacking team is willing to spend 5 seconds to kill the shield generator.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Sorry if no one on your team wants to go Winston/Pharah/Junkrat/Moira or any other class that trounces turrets.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
Moira is super nasty to the Sym turrets now that her orbs target them.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Sym really needs some tweaking. She's crap in random and only ok in normal if defending, then crap again for a bit if you lose a point and need to set up turrets again

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
Who cares about turrets? It's the extra 150 health that turns the enemy team into a bunch of beefy bois.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

got any sevens posted:

Sym really needs some tweaking. She's crap in random and only ok in normal if defending, then crap again for a bit if you lose a point and need to set up turrets again

I still think she needs the UT shock rifle.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
How good would it be if Symmetra turrets had a small heal that didn’t stack?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Rand Brittain posted:

How good would it be if Symmetra turrets had a small heal that didn’t stack?

It's been talked about since early release. Healing players, or applying a shield if they're in range, anything to make Symmetra a support instead of a Defensive class.

They could tune it so she won't be a powerhouse, but it's much harder because she's apparently effective enough on console.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
She's effective enough on PC, people just insist on using her on wide open attack maps which is dumb and has soured peoples opinion of her.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Thor-Stryker posted:

It's been talked about since early release. Healing players, or applying a shield if they're in range, anything to make Symmetra a support instead of a Defensive class.

They could tune it so she won't be a powerhouse, but it's much harder because she's apparently effective enough on console.

And that would solve the problem of her being on the same class as the healers.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

dogstile posted:

She's effective enough on PC, people just insist on using her on wide open attack maps which is dumb and has soured peoples opinion of her.

She's a niche hero and the point of her rework last year was to keep her from being a niche hero. They actually said she could use photon barrier to "lead the charge" on attack through a chokepoint back then. She's not supposed to be a defense hero playable only in a handful of maps, Blizzard just really sucked at making her anything but that.

She needs some numbers changed here if she's going to be more than a joke meme hero and a mercy-tier overhaul if she's going to be a non-healing support.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of characters who need re-work, when they ever going to fix Sombra. I really want to play her, but almost guarantee if I play her in a match, we will lose.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Mei is the #1 character they should buff in my book. We've all seen the charts, she's near the bottom in heroes played. But Mei is bae! I demand Mei be meta. True Sombra could use it too though.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Everytime a Sombra buff is requested, Genji is given another buff instead.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Symmetra can be really good at taking out turrets or forcing a Bastion to move with her barrier and a few charged shots.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Sombra's been out for more than a year and it's still a novelty to see someone use her in earnest because it's so rare. Doomfist's in that zone too, they need to figure those two out.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still amazed how well Moira came out of minus her issues with turrets withstanding. Orisa had a few missteps at first but after a few adjustments and she a pretty great tank to play as.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Yeah, I never resent having a Moira/Orisa on my team, or scoff when the enemy team has them. They work!

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Wasn't doomfist pretty good to okay before they "bug fix" nerfed him? I remember him feeling pretty good at release.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Network42 posted:

Wasn't doomfist pretty good to okay before they "bug fix" nerfed him? I remember him feeling pretty good at release.

Yeah. What were the bug fixes that happened around the Christmas update? I seem to notice him more since then, but he still has issues.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Network42 posted:

He would have been Op if he had gone to release with the hitbox bug. But for now he's too risky to be picked because slightly missing your wall-punch means you're not even going to trade in a fight.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Today I found out that baby dva's pistol is full auto if you hold down the trigger. I thought it was semi this whole time and I bound it to my mousewheel to fire faster. :negative:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Network42 posted:

He was perfectly fine at release and had a lot of counters via off mets heroes. Unfortunately nobody wanted to play them and instead opted to complain about his punch hitbox.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he was more than pretty good at release. actually iirc he was basically the only thing they played in pro games until the nerf hit

blizzard dumpster'd him on the level of the roadhog rework or the old soldier nerf

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Manatee Cannon posted:

he was more than pretty good at release. actually iirc he was basically the only thing they played in pro games until the nerf hit

blizzard dumpster'd him on the level of the roadhog rework or the old soldier nerf

He was only in that state for a few weeks before the hit him into the ground, nobody had time to adjust.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Even with how bad they hosed up the punch hitbox, I with they didn't mess with how uppercut and slam worked together for mobility. He just felt super fun to play, chaining his abilities to fling yourself across the map. You can still do this but he's clunky as hell now

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I haven't played this game in forever

Holy poo poo Moira owns bones

I have found despite the fact that you can play "comp" when comp's in between season, there are still loving shitloads of salty comp players in QP today

There's my really keen observations, thanks for reading

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

a guy added me after a comp game so he could spam me with "gently caress you human being, get off my friends list"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
The interseasonal migration of compers into qp and the resulting salt is pretty drat weird. Blizz making comp off-season during a winter break period is pretty drat dumb.

I maintain that the saltiest players of all are ptr qp players.