Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
https://clips.twitch.tv/TenaciousBlushingTroutMcaT

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Canadian Boy
May 12, 2013

Please don't refer to Stage Dive and Falling Sword as 'their leap ults'.

Only leap ult is Sonya, son.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Other leap ults:
Bunny Hop
Go For the Throat
The Hunt
Leaping Strike
Judgement
Colossus Smash

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Just discovered how great gazlowe is. Wow.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Robo gobo gaz has the highest unbuffed dps in the game. And mecha lord is 150% of that.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I bought Hanzo and he's really fun and I sort of feel like a bad person for enjoying him so much :(

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Hanzo's good but I wish you could hold right-click to move while holding your Q charged. Seems awkward that you don't have the option.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Hanzo's good but I wish you could hold right-click to move while holding your Q charged. Seems awkward that you don't have the option.

yeah that definitely got me killed a few times at first

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

The awful buttrock this guy is listening to really gives it that extra :kiss:

You... can? Maybe it's only if you have 'quick cast on release' enabled, but you definitely can. As a result it's impossible to cancel casting your Q though (not that this is really a problem).

Edit: oh, you specifically said hold right click, which you cannot. But you can tap right click to move.

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 30, 2017

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Got this skin out of a common leveling box, and it's so rad:

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dedication to roleplaying Muradin

https://clips.twitch.tv/WisePeacefulPidgeonCeilingCat

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Here at the end of 2017, there's still nothing more satisfying than playing Murky and driving the red team to absolute frustration with a tiny fishman barfing slime all over them and stealing their siege giants.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Kai Tave posted:

Here at the end of 2017, there's still nothing more satisfying than playing Murky and driving the red team to absolute frustration with a tiny fishman barfing slime all over them and stealing their siege giants.

Same. I played Volskaya today, sat in bottom lane as Murky while their Johanna and Azmo wasted half the game trying to deal with me.

I love taking the bubble talents, it's great just slipping away from a gank, only to come back seconds later at full health.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

MaliciousOnion posted:

Same. I played Volskaya today, sat in bottom lane as Murky while their Johanna and Azmo wasted half the game trying to deal with me.

I love taking the bubble talents, it's great just slipping away from a gank, only to come back seconds later at full health.

Lately I've discovered the joys of Egg Shell whereas I used to go Rejuvinating Bubble. The shield is only once per life but it helps against burstier comps, giving you a bit more room to work and of course if you decide to go with Big Tuna Kahuna at 20 you get to have 6000 hitpoints per life which is kind of insane.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Murky's good because a lot of people get mad if you try to stop murky from pushing down your towers. leave him alone it's just murky!!!

*loses fort loses keep

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Murky: where you're hosed if you chase him, and hosed if you leave him alone.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I had a murky game vs pre rework valeera once that was some of the most fun I've had in vidcons.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I don't understand what Murky does.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
The entire point of Murky is to annoy the enemy and make them waste time on you and get frustrated. Even if they kill you, they can't rotate away because you'll be back up in 8 seconds.

In other areas, he's got great waveclear and is actually very effective at chasing down retreating enemies. Both of his ults are pretty mediocre now, and I'd go so far as to say Octo-grab is only useful in organised teams.

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Dec 30, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

my name is Murk,
and in the layn,
if i am kill
i spawn agyn,
my auto atak
is fishy spank,
i like to murk.
i slym the tank.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.
Octograb is still amazing if you don't blow it at the start of team fights when everyone's cooldowns are up. Just wait for someone to inevitably get caught out of position where their team can't easily help them and bam. You need patience and you need to be able to read team fights well enough to judge how easily they will be able to delete you when you cast it. It's a short cooldown too so it's not even a big deal if you whiff it.

It also makes Murky one of the best 1v1 heroes in the game if you take Tufferfish (+50% W damage) and the bubble talents. You just have to survive long enough to get them to about 60% hp or so and a puffer-octo combo will finish almost anyone off. This means you can aggressively assault the backline or even solo push and it will take 2+ heroes to stop you. Remember to wait a second after casting W before using Octo so they don't have that split second window to ice block or teleport away or whatever.

(Also Octo increases in value every time they remove cleanse from a support or add a new support without it)

Meanwhile good players will just move out of March of the Murlocs and you know your team will chase them and move the fight well away from where you cast it. It's too easy to get zero value considering its 110 second cooldown.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
March of the Murlocs is about gettin those slime quest stacks!! :getin: I try to use March by going the long route around and set it off behind them.

https://youtu.be/C_fMXCtcizU

Sliming people owns. Sliming people with the puffer fish and killing them with said slime super owns

Murky is the best hero in the game

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Erdricks posted:

Just discovered how great gazlowe is. Wow.

There are few greater joys than deleting people with a big laser.

https://i.imgur.com/IFt7Oij.mp4

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
In addition to the points already raised, Murky makes a great pilot for vehicles on maps like Dragon Shire or Garden of Terror because you can push as hard as you want with them and if you die once the vehicle is destroyed oh well, back to work in another lane I guess.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Dick Burglar posted:

The awful buttrock this guy is listening to really gives it that extra :kiss:

This rock music is pretty pussified, but Diablo is my most played hero and listening to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest at the same time noticeably improves my game. Diablo is Metal as gently caress, and heightening your aggression with appropriate tunes is a force multiplier to his extreme aggro playstyle.

Also stage dive gets picked in a niche way in pro games semi-often for a similar reason that illi's The Hunt is. Turning your hero into a pseudo-global can be very strong in a pro-tier macro game, especially if the enemy has 3 or more reliable Mosh interrupts.

Olaf The Stout fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 30, 2017

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Olaf The Stout posted:

listening to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest at the same time at all times noticeably improves my game life in general.

:yeah:

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

having fun in draft

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AlmightyBob posted:

having fun in draft

Dude you are real fukken old.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AlmightyBob posted:

having fun in draft

lol

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Toshimo posted:

Dude you are real fukken old.

yeah

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
the only bands i know are slipknot and skrillex

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013
Tried Li-Ming for the first time in a long while, and man, Power Hungry seems absolutely busted now thanks to the globe changes. You can harass and poke the enemy out of lane, then get both globes and effectively get full mana back. I could see it getting nerfed into oblivion at some point, but everyone keeps bitching about Overwatch heroes too much to notice, it seems.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
As if there is anyone in the world who hasn’t heard Brown Eyed Girl. That song is on the radio like every 8 minutes

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/947267750191181829

this owns

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's unfortunate the Vikings already occupy exactly that niche because The Minions as a 3 in 1 hero would be great.

Oh they could be a skin that replaces the longboat with a catapult.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

A) yes

B), unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPun0cKPNDQ

Mewn is just so toxic and I imagine his soul burning having to play with such positive players

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Mewnfare had a ridiculous meltdown today at the end of his own stream. He keeps tweeting and poo poo saying he's reformed and no longer toxic and then he threw a game basically on purpose and was like "its just a game!" and then banned a bunch of his chat while screaming.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Schneider Inside Her posted:

As if there is anyone in the world who hasn’t heard Brown Eyed Girl. That song is on the radio like every 8 minutes

rich guy here with his fancy rear end radio set.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

I steal my radiowaves from the bourgouise thank you very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!