Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
too true. but the bear and the pibbul can come over to my house and be welcome. the cop can come only if the bear is already over and still hungry i dont let my dogs eat trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Regarde Aduck posted:

Why, in America, can you use the police as death squads? How is this possible? Do they not check that the situation is legit before they charge in and murder everyone?

They usually, do, but if they don't, there's very little reason to believe there'd be any real punishment forecoming for a variety of reasons. Mostly, D.A.'s offices are dependant on a good relationship with the police in order to do their job and get re-elected, so criminal charges against police officers tend to just fizzle.

Also, cops are trained that all non-cops are trying at all times to murder them, and if you show a moment of hesitation or mercy you will die.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
http://bnonews.com/news/index.php/news/id6899

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Sorry, they want me to disable my ad blocker. Is that just a lovely site reporting the guy has been arrested? Because that’s old news.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Sorry, they want me to disable my ad blocker. Is that just a lovely site reporting the guy has been arrested? Because that’s old news.

yeah pretty much and has a history of bomb threats and swatting

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Get a better adblocked (like ublock origins)

From the site

quote:

Barriss, who has a history of swatting, was arrested in October 2015 and charged with making two bomb threats to ABC7 (KABC-TV). The first one happened on September 30, 2015, when the channel's studios in Glendale, California, were evacuated and searched by police.

quote:

"The argument can be made that the police would never have showed up if I hadn't made the call, however, I don't believe I'm the only guilty party involved in this whole incident, considering I was contacted and, you know, almost instructed to swat, and taunted to swat," he said.

Hmmmz yes I suppose if you look at it from a skewed angle you could interpret the situation that the police would not have showed up if the call had not been made but that's merely a theory.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
It's a big old terrible clusterfuck, that's for sure.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

BioEnchanted posted:

Hell, none of them are human.

Most police are humans. There are some dogs though and perhaps a snake or two somewhere.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

oldpainless posted:

Most police are humans. There are some dogs though and perhaps a snake or two somewhere.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Katt posted:

That doesn’t seem to be available on the App Store. Care to be less of an IoSM?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It’s just origin

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Regarde Aduck posted:

Why, in America, can you use the police as death squads? How is this possible? Do they not check that the situation is legit before they charge in and murder everyone?

In theory, you should. But there's this: https://www.aclu.org/report/war-comes-home-excessive-militarization-american-police

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
With the swatting thing...what's up with people refusing to assign blame to multiple parties? I see plenty of "the cop murdered an innocent unarmed man" and plenty of "the swatter's prank led to death, he's culpable for that"; but relatively few people saying both bear responsibility for it.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Fine I'll google it for you.

https://github.com/el1t/uBlock-Safari

I don't own a mac. Are you allowed to download files outside of the app store? If not then I'm out of ideas.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

jivjov posted:

With the swatting thing...what's up with people refusing to assign blame to multiple parties? I see plenty of "the cop murdered an innocent unarmed man" and plenty of "the swatter's prank led to death, he's culpable for that"; but relatively few people saying both bear responsibility for it.

I don’t see that at all (except in this thread) but I see a lot of people rushing to this assumption

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

America is a developing nation, third world style hellscape, with armed government death squads executing citizens at random on the flimsiest pretexts.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I use AdGuard on iOS. Works pretty good.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Katt posted:

From the site

Hmmmz yes I suppose if you look at it from a skewed angle you could interpret the situation that the police would not have showed up if the call had not been made but that's merely a theory.

Is he defending himself with the “double-dog dare ya” argument?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Jurgan posted:

Yeah they dared him. He had no chance really.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

I guess what I don't understand (I'm British, so I don't know if my bad teeth and terrible taste in food are getting in the way of comprehension) is how the situation escalates from "anonymous phonecall" to "stormtroopers kicking a door in, guns blazing" without seemingly any steps in between. It seems like if these were the responding officers in Die Hard, the movie would have been over about five minutes after John McClane first radioed in a call. The cops in action movies are more discrete and sensible than the real thing.

I mean the cops were told that there was a murder/hostage situation. so they go to the house and do the whole die hard sit outside with guns thing but then the guy who owns the house walks out to see what's happening. now the cops assume that this isn't a hostage and so he shoots. in die hard the bad guy stays inside the building

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

oldpainless posted:

D'awww imagine the little snake badge. Ducking cute.

But yeah it says something about this country when we're kinda like "Oh, a bear? Well if I have to choose between a bear that might be hungry and pissed or inviting a cop I don't know into my house...guess I'll take the bear."

I mean, over a thousand people die from cops a year. 2-3 people die a year from bears.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Dec 30, 2017

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jurgan posted:

Would appear so lol

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The craziest thing (Besides him being 25, Jesus) is that this isn't even the first time he's been arrested for stupid bullshit like this.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Dude's face belongs in the AUG thread.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

TheHan posted:

The craziest thing (Besides him being 25, Jesus) is that this isn't even the first time he's been arrested for stupid bullshit like this.

Surely you ban him from ever playing your game again at this point. Surely.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Somfin posted:

Surely you ban him from ever playing your game again at this point. Surely.

Let's not rush to judgment. :thunk:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Cernovich came back after 7 hours because otherwise the haters win.

Also lol
https://twitter.com/leloveiga/status/947144311048679424

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Maybe if he didn’t constantly send out emails he wouldn’t have to work so long. LinkedIn will always be the worst.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also lol

"I made myself personally liable for $500,000 of business debts. I'm a genius."

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

chitoryu12 posted:

"I made myself personally liable for $500,000 of business debts. I'm a genius."

“I sacrificed so much. I’m basically like Jesus if he had more money.”

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I... I think I hate him more than if he was just abusing a worker.

I'm confused.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Ularg posted:

I... I think I hate him more than if he was just abusing a worker.

I'm confused.

Faux humility reeks like a forgotten dumpster. I wish him bankruptcy.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh woe is me, I chose to work myself to death rather than enjoy life and now I shall humble-brag about it. Treat me special and give me attention because I literally have nothing else of value in life.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also lol

Four years without a paycheck and yet somehow managed to eat food and presumably sleep indoors. Neat trick that.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Soviet Commubot posted:

Four years without a paycheck and yet somehow managed to eat food and presumably sleep indoors. Neat trick that.

It’s easy when your business pays your expenses.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The gift that keeps on giving:

https://twitter.com/chick_in_kiev/status/947332093666881536

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

This dude seems like a reasonable guy

https://twitter.com/SheriffClarke/status/947225820493426688

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

To be fair he has killed people, just indirectly via his prison.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Yes, "Why should I hire you, you weirdo?"