Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Just keep drinking

Waaaay ahead of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
lmao that bear.

We should start a company making american flag print suppositories and make millions advertising on fox.

Unoriginal Name posted:

Listen, I clicked on the 1000 new posts hoping for some news

don't blame us for your bad choices, and anyway, you can always just ask us what you've missed.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
smartphone = want
launching your car into space on your rocket = need

Ok guys? Jesus it's not that hard.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Unormal posted:

smartphone = want
launching your car into space on your rocket = need

Ok guys? Jesus it's not that hard.

The second black mirror is "what if parental controls but for a baby" and the guy looks kinda like kylo ren

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

i just came

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I turned on my TV, and it happened to be on the science channel, which is currently airing the apparently traditional Mythbusters marathon. The first thing I saw was a commercial for Trumpy Bear:

There's a zipper in its back that lets you access the torso stuffing: an American flag.

I thought I was having a stroke. I'm still not convinced I'm not. I've been downing margaritas all night and I can't find my pants but I'd like some confirmation that the world has reached a point where this nightmare aired on actual television.

http://gettrumpybear.com/

lol it autoplays a commercial with sound. also i legitimately cannot tell if it is meant to be satire

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

which part sent you over the edge? for me it was this

quote:

The leading suspects at this point are Kushner and Brad Parscale, the head of Cambridge Analytica, a data-mining firm that worked closely with the campaign.
Now, Mueller is probing the same issue and interviewing RNC staffers about the finer points of the campaign’s digital operation, Yahoo News reports.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
A dude I know went to college with the guy who was heading the Trump campaign's digital marketing operation (Brad Parscale), and he told me that Parscale is a loving idiot. So it seems highly likely he was getting fed info on how to do his job from any number of sources, really.

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
So I guess this thread is completey ignoring the New york fire.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

TheNewt posted:

No one watches the Jets.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TheNewt posted:

Had no idea what you were talking about. Looked it up.

So why should thiss thread give a gently caress?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
We're waiting for the Trump Tweet (TM).

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I'm sure he's cooking up a great tweet about the death of 12 poor nonwhite people in the Bronx right now

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boon posted:

I guess cause a dozen people died? But barring it coming out as domestic terrorism or some activist with a grudge or something it's more "generic tragedy" and not "loving trump" (and that, along with sandwich talk, is more this thread's style)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's apparently because a kid was messing with a stove and they left their door open when they fled after the fire started.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Kylra posted:

We're waiting for the Trump Tweet (TM).

Pretty sure he bird shat something about Egyptian Christians first, got to bash mooslems first.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

That answers why he's so incoherent this week.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Apologies if this was posted before. I just found this to be a fun read, though I of course can't vouch for its accuracy, just its entertainment:

https://twitter.com/Josh_Moon/status/946887295457742849

quote:

What his intransigent admirers like most about him—the thing they aspire to, in their online cosplay sessions and their desperately thirsty performances for a media they loathe and to which they are so helplessly addicted—is his freedom to be unconcerned with anything but himself. This is not because he is rich or brave or astute; it’s because he is an rear end in a top hat, and so authentically unconcerned. The howling and unreflective void at his core will keep him lonely and stupid until the moment a sufficient number of his vital organs finally resign in disgrace, but it liberates him to devote every bit of his being to his pursuit of himself.

TheNewt
Dec 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Boon posted:

People in the uk thread sure gave a gently caress about that tower fire...

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Eox posted:

Yeah I'm sure he's cooking up a great tweet about the death of 12 poor nonwhite people in the Bronx right now

Too soon.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TheNewt posted:

This isn't USpol it's the Trump thread. Where we talk about Trump. And what constitutes a sandwich.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I'm catching up on this, but personally I'm disappointed that the editor didn't use "Perhaps the same could be said of all religions" :drac: as a comment in this chapter, because hoo boy.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

enraged_camel posted:

funniest loving thing ive read all day

All it takes to create jobs is simply sign an order. My god, why did nobody think of that earlier?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

TheNewt posted:

That was directly caused by the Tories being shithouse, though.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The second black mirror is "what if parental controls but for a baby" and the guy looks kinda like kylo ren

the grandpa in that episode looks exactly like steve bannon, so i guess that casting is solved if they make a movie about this presidency

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

TheNewt posted:

It's still possible to live in the UK and experience shock and outrage when your government gets hundreds of your people killed through decades of criminal neglect and corruption. We have entire cities that are being slowly poisoned into permanent disability and even the people in the same state keep voting for the fuckers responsible for it. We're well beyond outrage.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

No puppet! No puppet! You the puppet!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So, what, is this the real thing that's keeping him from attacking North Korea? It's not Tillerson, Mattis, and Kelly forcibly holding him back from hitting the button, it's Putin telling him "if you even throw a paper airplane across the DMZ, I'll release the piss tape"?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

nine-gear crow posted:

So, what, is this the real thing that's keeping him from attacking North Korea? It's not Tillerson, Mattis, and Kelly forcibly holding him back from hitting the button, it's Putin telling him "if you even throw a paper airplane across the DMZ, I'll release the piss tape"?

It's that Trump is an enormous coward who refuses to do anything of substance, unless it strokes his ego on a personal level.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The Trump administration has fired all remaining members of the President’s Advisory Council on HIV/Aids

Didn't see this in here yet.

Martian fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 30, 2017

skeet decorator
Jun 19, 2005

442 grams of robot

El Pollo Blanco posted:

A dude I know went to college with the guy who was heading the Trump campaign's digital marketing operation (Brad Parscale), and he told me that Parscale is a loving idiot. So it seems highly likely he was getting fed info on how to do his job from any number of sources, really.

I've met the man I few times and I don't know if he's a complete idiot. He's basically Trump-lite except capable of stringing together coherent sentences. If what I've heard is true, the people feeding him info on how to do his job are probably underpaid interns and junior employees that he likes to yell at / abuse.

The first time I met the man he felt it was appropriate to describe how large his teenage daughter's breasts were, accompanied with a very classy breast honking hand gesture.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Since you can't get HIV from being peed on, and his dick is inaccessible under the fat folds, Trump has no need for this department.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Phelddagrif posted:

Apologies if this was posted before. I just found this to be a fun read, though I of course can't vouch for its accuracy, just its entertainment:

https://twitter.com/Josh_Moon/status/946887295457742849

That's an exceptionally good article

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

It was here immediately after, but it's been buried in an avalanche of arguments about robot privilege.

nine-gear crow posted:

I figure it is more that he sees value in milking the run-up, rattling his toy sabre, not understanding that it has a button that will kick off WWIII, killing millions.

r.y.f.s.o. fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Dec 30, 2017

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Really paying back Roy Cohn for all of that mentorship I see

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

terrorist ambulance posted:

It was a good combination of simple truths and swearing.

This is what annoys me so much about the latest bullshit "interview" with Trump, and journalists arguing that if they sit there quietly Trump will "reveal" things. God forbid they should challenge anything he says, or insist on specifics, or he might end the interview. As if listening to his streams of mindless bullshit accomplishes anything. They've lowered the bar so much they think they're masterminds if they can complete the interview without him leaving or taking a poo poo on the floor.

Can you imagine Clinton or Obama being treated like that?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dick Trauma posted:

It was a good combination of simple truths and swearing.

This is what annoys me so much about the latest bullshit "interview" with Trump, and journalists arguing that if they sit there quietly Trump will "reveal" things. God forbid they should challenge anything he says, or insist on specifics, or he might end the interview. As if listening to his streams of mindless bullshit accomplishes anything. They've lowered the bar so much they think they're masterminds if they can complete the interview without him leaving or taking a poo poo on the floor.

at least it's good to get some insight into unfiltered trump and whatever old man ramblings would offer true insights into his frame of mind

he is an extraordinarily bad president which calls for extraordinary standards

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

TheNewt posted:

Considering, like California, New York overwhelmingly voted against him, Trump will be doing the same.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Dick Trauma posted:

the latest bullshit "interview" with Trump

quote:

MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT: You’re O.K. with me recording, right?

TRUMP: Yeah. Virtually every Democrat has said there is no collusion. There is no collusion. And even these committees that have been set up. If you look at what’s going on — and in fact, what it’s done is, it’s really angered the base and made the base stronger. My base is stronger than it’s ever been. Great congressmen, in particular, some of the congressmen have been unbelievable in pointing out what a witch hunt the whole thing is. So, I think it’s been proven that there is no collusion.

:pwn:

e- Good lord, this whole thing reads like a book report from a brain-damaged middle schooler.

terrorist ambulance posted:

I love TheBaffler, it's like arthouse news.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This was the same guy that was interviewed for 60 Minutes several months ago. He talked about how he had a bunch of Google and Facebook employees acting as vendor support to better target ads, and apparently the Clinton campaign didn’t accept similar offers of help.

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/secret-weapon/

• Locked thread