Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Two Beans posted:

"A full Games Workshop store has a particular smell..." - my girlfriend, just now after leaving a full Games Workshop store

Glue, neckbeard B.O, stale McDonalds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

SteelMentor posted:

Glue, neckbeard B.O, stale McDonalds.

20 years ago it was that, an overflowed toilet, and bargain bin tobacco in hand rolled cigarettes.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The exact same smell you get behind the Whataburger.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hihohe posted:

The exact same smell you get behind the Whataburger.
You talkin' poo poo 'bout Whataburger? :colbert:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
He never said it was a bad smell

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

PierreTheMime posted:

Finally 4/5 of my Blightlord Terminators done. I’m hoping to have the last captain model and five more Plague Marines ready for my next escalation league on the 6th, but the kids are out of school and my painting time is 6-6:30am and 10-11pm and the need to have these done is killing me. :ohdear:

Also, I’ve never really done leader (champion/sergeant/captain/etc) helmets but I wanted to do one going forward for my Death Guard. What’s a good offsetting color versus puke green? I know Typhus is white, but I figured I’d get people’s opinion for lesser unit leaders.

Send this little shits to bed earlier, dad has work to do!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Safety Factor posted:

You talkin' poo poo 'bout Whataburger? :colbert:

Theres a weird smell that the drive thru at whataburger has. It smells like manure and cow, the exact same as Jon from Legacy Cards and Games who, I believe, likes Nurgle so much he just doesnt bathe.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Uroboros posted:

Send this little shits to bed earlier, dad has work to do!

I’ve already taken away their juice to offset the cost of new models, what more can I do?! :(

They go to bed at 7ish but there’s chores and this lady who claims to be my wife who keep demanding attention. Rude.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Red Hood posted:

I really want a daemonhost in my army, but I'm not sure what rules to use. Do any of you guys have ideas of what unit I could use to represent a bad-rear end daemonhost like we read about in Eisenhorn?

This guy is meant to be that exact guy. The shop also does a kicking rad Eisenhorn mini based off the cover art.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
We played a scenario from Shield of Baal that I adapted to 8th Edition - it was fun! The libby dread eventually charged my Leman Russ and did 16 damage... But not before I overwatched a multi Melta onto it for six damage. Then my leman russ blew up and took the dread with it!

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

muggins posted:

We played a scenario from Shield of Baal that I adapted to 8th Edition - it was fun! The libby dread eventually charged my Leman Russ and did 16 damage... But not before I overwatched a multi Melta onto it for six damage. Then my leman russ blew up and took the dread with it!

I really need to start lobbying for fatmats at my lgs.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

muggins posted:

Great pictures. Two nice armies.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Corrode posted:

Great pictures. Two nice armies.

Thanks m8

My acolytes killed Chaplain Lemartes =D

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Does anyone know what the best source of turning plate bits are? (Turning plates are those tiny shields that go at the armpit area of knights) I have a few Dark Angels ones but I don't know where they came from, and it looks like the primaris upgrade sprue only contains one.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

muggins posted:

Which mat is that?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Is there a clever way to swap the more elaborate multipart Inceptor assault bolters onto the Dark Imperium Inceptors that will let me build the full multipart Inceptors with plasma exterminators but won’t leave me short three pairs of shoulder pads?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

Does anyone know what the best source of turning plate bits are? (Turning plates are those tiny shields that go at the armpit area of knights) I have a few Dark Angels ones but I don't know where they came from, and it looks like the primaris upgrade sprue only contains one.

Grey Knights Terminators bits are the way to go. Some have icons but a lot are unadorned.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SRM posted:

Grey Knights Terminators bits are the way to go. Some have icons but a lot are unadorned.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WARHAMMER-40K-BIN-BITS-GREY-KNIGHTS-TERMINATORS-BANNER-and-ICONS-/362178095275?hash=item54537f28ab

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

jadebullet posted:

You get a lot of them on Terminator Sprues.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What are these extra spikes in the Trygon kit for? I don't see them used in the instructions

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which mat is that?

It's a tablewar mat from when they were with Frontline
I think tablewar still makes them

Guy Goodbody posted:

What are these extra spikes in the Trygon kit for? I don't see them used in the instructions

I think they go in the side of its body - there are a few little nubs where you glue them in

You can see then on this dude

muggins fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 30, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

muggins posted:

I think they go in the side of its body - there are a few little nubs where you glue them in

You can see then on this dude

That's what the spikes in the bottom left corner are for.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Speaking of Tyranid bits, what's a good option for a headswap from another kit if you don't like the "forehead knife" thing that Hive Tyrants have going on? Was thinking maybe a Carnifex head instead but I have no real grasp of the different scales between the heads of the big bugs.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

PantsOptional posted:

Speaking of Tyranid bits, what's a good option for a headswap from another kit if you don't like the "forehead knife" thing that Hive Tyrants have going on? Was thinking maybe a Carnifex head instead but I have no real grasp of the different scales between the heads of the big bugs.

The Carnifex head is too large by a good margin, the Tyrant’s head is small enough most others won’t fit super well. You could always try clipping it off and filing it down to a normal plate instead.

I got around to doing like 80% of my Blightlord Terminator champion, I’ve included a couple others as an example of other helmets:

I really do need to get a decent place to take photos in this apartment. :/

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Goon hivemind, can you do me a favor and tell me which book Guilliman's audience with the Emperor is described in? I'm (nearly) 100% certain that it is, in fact, described, but I don't have a source off the top of my head.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

Goon hivemind, can you do me a favor and tell me which book Guilliman's audience with the Emperor is described in? I'm (nearly) 100% certain that it is, in fact, described, but I don't have a source off the top of my head.

It isn't described in detail but Guilliman talks about it in Dark Imperium.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Can I solicit opinions from you guys on these test totems? I'm trying to decide on colors and I'm curious what your thoughts are for including in the snow-world display board. The left totem has OSL with blue on cream, the right will be onyx with white or gold inscribed runes.

Note that I'm a novice at OSL, but it's not seriously attempted (the upper right rune is one that's got effort put into it, the rest do not).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
OSL for sure. It blends really well with the rest of the terrain.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What he said.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Do y'all paint the insides of your Space Marine transports?

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I love the new Leman Russes so much. I had two of them manage to kill a Lord of Skulls in one round of shooting with the thematic help of Vengeance for Cadia. On the other hand two company commanders with powerfists and Inquisitor Karamazov got utterly thrashed in combat by Kharn and gave him about a million extra attacks.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mango sentinel posted:

Do y'all paint the insides of your Space Marine transports?

It's a fool's errand. Even if you do paint the inside, it'll be closed 99% of the time and nobody will ask to see it.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Technowolf posted:

What he said.

Thanks guys!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Bonus pointy bits! Go nuts, no wrong answer. Totally optional for aesthetic.

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.

Strobe posted:

The first description of it (novels aside) is in the third Gathering Storm book - but it's basically limited to:

-Guilliman reaches the throneroom and goes in.
-Guilliman comes back out a day later all resolute saying he's seen all he needs to see or something along those lines.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

FiestaNinja posted:

The first description of it (novels aside) is in the third Gathering Storm book - but it's basically limited to:

-Guilliman reaches the throneroom and goes in.
-Guilliman comes back out a day later all resolute saying he's seen all he needs to see or something along those lines.

Dark Imperium has a more in depth description, including how the Emperor sees the Primarchs as tools to be used.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Thundercloud posted:

Dark Imperium has a more in depth description, including how the Emperor sees the Primarchs as tools to be used.

A desperate prisoner being handed a file or a person stumbling along a lost, favourite tool was how big Robbie G interpreted it.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.

Thanqol posted:

This guy is meant to be that exact guy. The shop also does a kicking rad Eisenhorn mini based off the cover art.

Hey, that's really awesome, thanks for the heads up.

What I was really asking though is not which model to use, but if you guys had any suggestions on which stats to use instead of the actual daemnohost stats, since they're especially terrible.

I'm definitely buying a lot of miniatures from that store.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
The best part of Dark Imperium is still Guilliman being cursed with absolute hindsight, seeing the consequences of each decision he made over a period of ten thousand years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Red Hood posted:

Hey, that's really awesome, thanks for the heads up.

What I was really asking though is not which model to use, but if you guys had any suggestions on which stats to use instead of the actual daemnohost stats, since they're especially terrible.

I'm definitely buying a lot of miniatures from that store.

Cherubael is described as being virtually invulnerable and powerful, also it flies. Maybe use Celestine’s rules, for the resurrecting ability? You could have the other, lesser Daemonhosts as the Geminae as well.