Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

G-Hawk posted:

gently caress that, stay out. but bring back the aggy game.

I miss watching the cadets march on the capitol, wondering each time if this is when they throw their coup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Another coulda shoulda game for the Hokies. Tough match up that I didn't expect us to win so knowing we could have makes it tough.

Even as an official I often fear I will never understand the requirements for a correctly graded holding call. That our interior D line generated it felt like 0 holds over the course of the season is unfathomable with how often they had arms wrapped around their necks from behind. This game was another with plenty of why aren't we getting anything.

Team shot itself in the foot plenty this season so it was just the continuation of the same poo poo they've struggled with. Hope with another year of development they can not make those same mistakes. 9 wins all in all not a bad season given what 2012-15 held for us.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 29, 2017

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I think I'm more disappointed that Gus Johnson is not calling Denzel Ward's last game than I am about Ohio State not making the playoff.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

blugu64 posted:

I miss watching the cadets march on the capitol, wondering each time if this is when they throw their coup.

What coup? Rick Perry was the governor for so drat long the cadets were occupying forces.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kittenmittons posted:

I think I'm more disappointed that Gus Johnson is not calling Denzel Ward's last game than I am about Ohio State not making the playoff.

Did you hear Gus last night? He sounds drat near suicidal.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
That TCU game owned

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
The Alamo Bowl was a lot of fun. I was disappointed in my lack of boos when I got on the big screen with the giant double-t logo on my sweater. The USC guy got a whole bunch of boos. Freakin' TCU.

(Patterson's gotten really fat.)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Belk Bowl good qtiyd

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

A&M continues to be rear end (my dude)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Belk Bowl good qtiyd

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I can't wait to be at the orange bowl tomorrow. Win or lose, it was a great season.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real Name Grover posted:

think Dick's but 3X as big

Now we're talking

(Sorry, I was in kitty jail and couldn't respond when this would have been more timely)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also no one gifed the Wake player dancing after the A&M fumble. I begged.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Belk Bowl good qtiyd

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
GOD that game sucked rear end.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also no one gifed the Wake player dancing after the A&M fumble. I begged.

in my defense, I did try to go back and gif it but my stream didn't support it :(

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

in my defense, I did try to go back and gif it but my stream didn't support it :(

I appreciate your trying, homie.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i hope darnold goes to the nfl so i don't have to hear about him for another year and witness the inevitable manufactured heismann campaign brought to you by espn

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys.

That game sucked. Discuss.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

kayakyakr posted:

The Alamo Bowl was a lot of fun. I was disappointed in my lack of boos when I got on the big screen with the giant double-t logo on my sweater. The USC guy got a whole bunch of boos. Freakin' TCU.

(Patterson's gotten really fat.)

I enjoyed when we all cheered for H-E-B.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Every time I watch a USC game, Darnold has some stupid-rear end turnover. It's super obvious NFL defenses are going to eat him alive. He might have a lot of physical upsides, but you can't train "doofus" out of someone. He'll always be a doofus.

He's gonna go before Lamar Jackson if he goes this year, which is nuts. I hope it's not my team that makes that huge mistake.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I kind of feel bad for Young Drew Magary, which is a first for USC quarterbacks.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

PostNouveau posted:

Every time I watch a USC game, Darnold has some stupid-rear end turnover. It's super obvious NFL defenses are going to eat him alive. He might have a lot of physical upsides, but you can't train "doofus" out of someone. He'll always be a doofus.

He's gonna go before Lamar Jackson if he goes this year, which is nuts. I hope it's not my team that makes that huge mistake.

I can't help but think he's destined to bust. Maybe he'll mature mentally later, he is still very young.

Also signing him has all the hallmarks of a Dan Snyder fuckup written all over it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa is the transitive champion of the Big Ten, Big 12, ACC, and Pac-12. Transitive Ultimo Dragon

MourningView fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Dec 30, 2017

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

MourningView posted:

Iowa is the transitive champion of the Big Ten, Big 12, ACC, and Pac-12. Transitive Ultimo Dragon

Pretty sure Troy is all of those plus SEC - Iowa can probably trace through Troy to get the SEC too. Actually, I think well over 50% of teams are transitive champs of every conference this year, probably even Rutgers

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blackmongoose posted:

probably even Rutgers

Let's not get carried away.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i always liked jt barrett, so while I would not normally root for ohio state i am glad they clowned on the fool sam darnolg in barret's last game

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

blackmongoose posted:

Pretty sure Troy is all of those plus SEC - Iowa can probably trace through Troy to get the SEC too. Actually, I think well over 50% of teams are transitive champs of every conference this year, probably even Rutgers

We can get the SEC too but it'd be through BC-Syracuse-Clemson-Auburn-Georgia

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Purdue beat Iowa, and Rutgers beat Purdue.

Be careful.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Let's just focus on how awful the Pac 12 was this year lol

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mayfield just gave a presser. Looks like "the flu" was...the flu.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

D.N. Nation posted:

Mayfield just gave a presser. Looks like "the flu" was...the flu.
:eyepop:

Yeah he sounds a little raspy but it sounds like he's on the tail end of it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Also Darnold is going to stay, USC will be preseason top 5, whip UNLV in the opener, and then

peoplescreamingonarollercoaster.mp3

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

now i kind of want darnold to stay just so i can watch the texas defense destroy him

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

As a reminder, anyone that bets on the orange bowl tonight is betting on whether idiot savant Rosier shows up or just regular idiot Rosier.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I didn’t want UGA to (potentially) win without Baker

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dilber posted:

As a reminder, anyone that bets on the orange bowl tonight is betting on whether idiot savant Rosier shows up or just regular idiot Rosier.

Or how many times Hornibrook throws it into the hands of a Miami d-back unprompted.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Pac-12 has been garbage this bowl season so far, yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Purdue beat Iowa, and Rutgers beat Purdue.

Be careful.

this was definitely a complete serious praise of iowa's agressively mediocre football team and not an excuse to use the phrase "transitive Ultimo Dragon"

• Locked thread