Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nikki ashton
Jun 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/947142691451793408

:tif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

Guest2553 posted:

Debate & Discussion > trump Thread III: jet streams and poo poo like that

Thanks, jersey shore guy.

I like this because he got so many incredulous, positive responses that he basically tweeted later, "look, I get the humor of having a Jersey Shore meat head educating someone, but you can still be smart and party with friends". Vinny should primary Trump, since he is clearly more prepared for the role. Gym, tan and democratic engagement.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Guest2553 posted:

Debate & Discussion > trump Thread III: jet streams and poo poo like that

Thanks, jersey shore guy.

He's running.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
https://twitter.com/JayMalsky/status/946147176488546304

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

stupid watergate

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

In the Trump version of all the president's men that barroom conversation will be the opening scene.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Ogmius815 posted:

In the Trump version of all the president's men that barroom conversation will be the opening scene.

Pretty sure it'll be the sound of pants being unzipped in a Moscow hotel room

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

HYPOTHETICALLY what does Disney do if trump is impeached? Remove him entirely, or put his used-to-be-Hillary abomination in like a pirates of the Caribbean jail cell?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
has anyone stopped to think about just how great of a movie all this will make some day?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Same Great Paste posted:

HYPOTHETICALLY what does Disney do if trump is impeached? Remove him entirely, or put his used-to-be-Hillary abomination in like a pirates of the Caribbean jail cell?

They're all there. Nixon, Bush 2, Buchanan...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lube banjo posted:

has anyone stopped to think about just how great of a movie all this will make some day?

It would really strain credibility.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Ogmius815 posted:

I just pray Scorsese lives long enough to direct.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Dmitri-9 posted:

I just pray Scorsese lives long enough to direct.

I think you mean David Lynch.

David Mamet can write the dialogue, and then Aaron Sorkin can edit it.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Smeef posted:

I think you mean David Lynch.

David Mamet can write the dialogue, and then Aaron Sorkin can edit it.

For the amount of body horror necessary for the pee tape scene and anything alone with Melania and him, David Cronenberg will have to be called in.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Phlag posted:

I'm not inclined to go that far, but it's still interesting. It's a perfect example of Trump tweeting before all the information is in (not that we don't have a thousand instances of that already), to the point where he's damaging foreign relations.

My more conspiratorial side wants to think that the Russian oil tankers are operating under the watch of Putin - although the Reuters article says that intelligence sources said that there is no evidence of that. But if Putin wants to destabilize the US, what better way than to have us start a nuclear war. Russia might want the NK problem to endure and escalate, and letting them keep the lights on by selling them oil is a good way to do that.

I have two different thoughts on this. The most likely is that both China and Russia understand that starving North Korea until it collapses would cause the greatest refugee crisis in world history, which could overwhelm and destabilize South Korea, possibly causing a crash in the world economy. A more conspiricy minded view is that goading Trump into going in to North Korea by showing that sanctions won't work would be another nail in the American empire.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Same Great Paste posted:

Move it to the "and the rest" section that is all the nothing presidents that don't speak or animate much. Probably.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Lube banjo posted:

It's gonna be really hard to get all the nuance across when we're limited to just shadow puppets.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I will never watch whatever Trump biopic comes out in 15-20 years, no matter how acclaimed it is, since it will inevitably humanize him.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This is absolutely amazing. I wish this would happen every time.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

I will never watch whatever Trump biopic comes out in 15-20 years, no matter how acclaimed it is, since it will inevitably humanize him.

That's why you make Mueller the protagonist.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SeANMcBAY posted:

There's never going to be a good Trump biopic because everyone's going to be trapped in this place where they either have to humanize him to the point of propaganda to make him come off like a real person or they have to present him as is and he'll just come off like a cartoon character. Its an impossible line to walk to somehow present Trump exactly as he is without it seeming like a bad comedy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Helen Highwater posted:

That's why you make Mueller the protagonist.

I also wouldn’t watch that since that sounds hilariously boring.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

STAC Goat posted:

There's never going to be a good Trump biopic because everyone's going to be trapped in this place where they either have to humanize him to the point of propaganda to make him come off like a real person or they have to present him as is and he'll just come off like a cartoon character. Its an impossible line to walk to somehow present Trump exactly as he is without it seeming like a bad comedy.

They can model it on Mario Vargas Llosa's Feast of the Goat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

empty whippet box posted:

I half expect that by the end of 2018 Disney announces that the Hall of Presidents is being temporarily shut down because its been decided that they just can't get through a shift without all hell breaking loose and there's really no other solution than to shut it all down.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

empty whippet box posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOWYE3iYmoI

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

STAC Goat posted:

no other solution than to shut it all down.

Sounds legitimate.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

just put trump hair on gollum

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Move it to the "and the rest" section that is all the nothing presidents that don't speak or animate much. Probably.

They're going to do that the very moment he leaves office no matter how it happens.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They're going to do that the very moment he leaves office no matter how it happens.

I think he's the most expensive animatronic they've made so it kinda seems like they'd want to use it. They might peel the face off and put it on a cheaper one then reuse the frame.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Google Butt posted:

just put trump hair on gollum

At Disneyland? Jabba the Hutt is more their guy, or Salacious Crumb.

dbukalski
Nov 9, 2017

YOSPOS

HootTheOwl posted:

So it takes A LOT of fuel to go into space. Now imagine doubling that so you have enough fuel to land the rocket. Except now you doubled the weight of your rocket, and will need even more fuel to get it up into space. (I think it's an exponential relationship, due to diminishing returns on how much extra force the same bit of fuel can provide) so now you're using wayyyy more than you started with just to do something fancy. Then there's the technology and boosters required to steer the descending rocket (which is cool. Research this, but don't keep wasting rockets on it once you figure it out). Then you realize NASA already did this forever ago when they started landing rovers and landers on other planets. the LEM from the appollo missions already could do this, but they cheated by doing it on the moon (where there's no atmosphere, and 1/6th the gravity to overcome) and by leaving most of the rocket in space.

SpaceX is cheaper because they're buying refurbished rockets. It's a lot cheaper to launch something when you took advantage of a firesale on foreign rockets.
EDIT: Ignore this bit.

Im in no position to tackle this information. But doesnt space x have super smart people working on this and if it wasnt cheaper to reuse rockets why are they doing it?

also landing the rocket is only a fraction of the fuel needed to get into space.

Pushing against gravity and air resistance for a 10 minute flight upwards

vs

falling to earth, hitting terminal velocity(not that fast) then breaking at the end?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I was going to say how convenient it is that it's in Florida because the president almost always wins that state so I was curious to see the last one who lost it (besides Gore) and 270 has a goddamn moving swingometer.

e: H W Bush lost it in 1992.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 30, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

STAC Goat posted:

Zero minutes of original footage. Just splice together two solid hours of actual recordings (not all of which have him directly in them but all of which are about him) and set it to Philip Glass if necessary.

(and we can call it Koyaanisgoatse just like the poster here)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Of course this was started by some unqualified drunk rich kid running his mouth.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Zero minutes of original footage. Just splice together two solid hours of actual recordings (not all of which have him directly in them but all of which are about him) and set it to Philip Glass if necessary.

(and we can call it Koyaanisgoatse just like the poster here)

I think a dramatisation is fine, just leave a "THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED" disclaimer across the bottom half of the screen for the entire duration. And then score it all with Penderecki

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Congrats on being a loud, dumb rear end in a top hat I guess.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

FizFashizzle posted:

Of course this was started by some unqualified drunk rich kid running his mouth.

Trump doesn't drink tho

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Same Great Paste posted:

If he's impeached, he gets moved over to the corner with Clinton and little dick Johnson. If he resigns he hangs out with Tricky Dick for the rest of time. If he's actually impeached and removed they reskin the animatronic with a hastily repurposed Joe Biden face made into Pence and replace Trump with a wax figure of Adam Baldwin as Trump. Wax Trump will reside in a special case above the urinals in the closest men's room.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Just do it like in Good Night and Good Luck and have any and all of Trump's appearances "played" by real archive footage and brace for the complaints that "the actor" was "too over the top"

e:f,b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Republicans posted:

Congrats on being a loud, dumb rear end in a top hat I guess.

name + post combo irony

• Locked thread