Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

*watches canadian steam*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upcSTMfbZcU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

*watches Channel 4 highlights*
*well done Baku*

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Wirth1000 posted:

*watches pirated Chinese stream*
*complains incessantly about how biased the coverage is in favor of Taiwan being a province of China*

Apparently the Mandarin commentators are the worst now but they used to have a big fat sperg who may have been the first Chinese person to know about F1 or something doing commentary and he would actually explain poo poo. My gf’s cable box has an option to switch between local and international commentary feeds for Fox Sports but she always picks the English feed.

Taiwan Beer has a team in the Asian Le Mans series but they and their drivers have to use the lovely “Chinese Taipei” flag

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Why do Aussie men always go for the 13 year older woman?

Hugh Jackman is 49 and his wife is 62.

Mark Webber is 41 and his ~*life partner*~ is 54.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Wirth1000 posted:

Huge Jackedman’s wife isn’t exactly bad looking though

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I think Webber did officially tie the knot though.

And I got into a Japanese sports streaming about halfway through the year and the color commentator did a good job of translating the English radio messages very well on the fly. It’s not a bad experience, I’ll probably make use next season too unless we get a real F1 only stream service next year

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Wirth1000 posted:

Let me tell you about a man named Emmanuel macron...

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Webber's wife/partner used to be his coach when he was a kid I think. Sort of a Celine Dion situation

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

Webber's wife/partner used to be his coach when he was a kid I think. Sort of a Celine Dion situation

Manager, actually. At least that's what he writes in "Aussie Grit".

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I just watched Mindhunter on Netflix (its good!) and many of the episodes were directed by David Fincher but 2 of them were by the guy who directed Senna :wtc:

*edit*

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-current-engine-2018-back-up-991771/

quote:

Honda will have its current Formula 1 engine available as a back-up plan if there are problems with its 2018 specification.

quote:

"It's a great help [to stick with the same concept]," Honda's outgoing F1 project leader Yusuke Hasegawa told Motorsport.com. "We need more performance and reliability. It's much better at this stage of the season.

"We haven't decided next year's complete specification but at least we have a back-up plan, which is the current engine. So I'm sure we can start the season well next year.

just absolute clownshoes

Basticle fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 30, 2017

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I watched the McLaren documentary couple of days ago, and god drat, rear wings killed both Jochen Rindt and Bruce McLaren. Bad rear wings!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Wirth1000 posted:

Beards.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Someone in another thread on the forum melted down an old, busted block...

Into a cast iron pan. What away for an engine to go out :allears:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iospace posted:

Honda engine pan would explode before a steak is even english....

better make coffee tables out of em, that's what I do

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Alonso is the biggest weeaboo in F1.

Reminder he has an entire samurai tattooed on his back.

This is an insanely bad opinion

iospace posted:

gently caress yeah, I want to cook with that poo poo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

This is an insanely bad opinion

Alonso has a tattoo on his back of an ancient Samurai, and after the Malaysian Grand Prix this year told Marca “My tattoo is a way for me to remember who I am, where I come from and the strength I possess. The Samurai take everything to another level: one must fight, things don’t just happen. It also reminds me of something important that happened to me: the Samurai in the drawing is kneeling, almost in defeat, but always looking up.”

The Hagakure, the teachings upon which Alonso claims his tattoo is based, provide many transferable passages which the Spaniard might do well to remember in his current difficulties. Maybe one of the most relevant is the following:

“There is something to be learned from the rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything.”

Is Alonso, then, a Samurai as he might like to think? His public outbursts of late are not the actions of the chivalrous warrior under Bushido. What, then, is he? A Shinobi? Certainly his actions in the spygate scandal of 2007 would lend themselves to those of the covert assassins of Japan’s feudal age.

Perhaps, a Ronin. A Samurai with no lord or master. With Flavio Briatore banned from the sport, is Alonso a warrior forced to walk alone due to the shame placed upon his former master and as such, an aimless, wandering sword for hire? Is his path one of an avenger as the Japanese legend of the 47 Ronin? Or has his public admonishment of his superiors disgraced him enough to lead him to walk the path of the vagrant and become Ronin by his own actions?

The Hagakure states that “it is unthinkable to be disturbed at something like being a Ronin. People used to say, ‘If one has not been a Ronin at least seven times, he will not be a true retainer (Samurai.) Seven times down, eight times up.”

Perhaps this is the line Alonso cares to treat most favourably of the teachings contained within the pages of Hagakure. For that, he may like to think of himself as Samurai. But for his courage, he seemingly falls short.

Perhaps that’s why the team needed Jenson Button on board again in 2016. As the 2009 world champion stated after the Japanese Grand Prix, he felt “like a Samurai warrior without his armour and sword.”

Defenceless, perhaps. But honorable.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Alonso has a tattoo on his back of an ancient Samurai, and after the Malaysian Grand Prix this year told Marca “My tattoo is a way for me to remember who I am, where I come from and the strength I possess. The Samurai take everything to another level: one must fight, things don’t just happen. It also reminds me of something important that happened to me: the Samurai in the drawing is kneeling, almost in defeat, but always looking up.”

The Hagakure, the teachings upon which Alonso claims his tattoo is based, provide many transferable passages which the Spaniard might do well to remember in his current difficulties. Maybe one of the most relevant is the following:

“There is something to be learned from the rainstorm. When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. But doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to everything.”

Is Alonso, then, a Samurai as he might like to think? His public outbursts of late are not the actions of the chivalrous warrior under Bushido. What, then, is he? A Shinobi? Certainly his actions in the spygate scandal of 2007 would lend themselves to those of the covert assassins of Japan’s feudal age.

Perhaps, a Ronin. A Samurai with no lord or master. With Flavio Briatore banned from the sport, is Alonso a warrior forced to walk alone due to the shame placed upon his former master and as such, an aimless, wandering sword for hire? Is his path one of an avenger as the Japanese legend of the 47 Ronin? Or has his public admonishment of his superiors disgraced him enough to lead him to walk the path of the vagrant and become Ronin by his own actions?

The Hagakure states that “it is unthinkable to be disturbed at something like being a Ronin. People used to say, ‘If one has not been a Ronin at least seven times, he will not be a true retainer (Samurai.) Seven times down, eight times up.”

Perhaps this is the line Alonso cares to treat most favourably of the teachings contained within the pages of Hagakure. For that, he may like to think of himself as Samurai. But for his courage, he seemingly falls short.

Perhaps that’s why the team needed Jenson Button on board again in 2016. As the 2009 world champion stated after the Japanese Grand Prix, he felt “like a Samurai warrior without his armour and sword.”

Sir, I asked if you wanted fries with that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Kind of you to ask who I am. My name? Buxton. Will Buxton. You may have seen some of my work on Reddit, the USGP and my group of fans that make Trump supporters look socially well adjusted reasonable not-at-all mentally ill people.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, if anyone is doubting that an engine converted into cast iron cookery is safe for use, remember that the melting point of cast iron is well over 1000 C (2000 F).

So yeah, anything left is probably getting either burned off or floating to the top as slag.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Also, if anyone is doubting that an engine converted into cast iron cookery is safe for use, remember that the melting point of cast iron is well over 1000 C (2000 F).

So yeah, anything left is probably getting either burned off or floating to the top as slag.

I was thinking along these lines, yes. Thank you.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

iospace posted:

Stop doxxing Lauda

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

tuo posted:

Stop doxxing Lauda

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Seriously, though, the poo poo Buxton posts on his blog is pretty hosed:

quote:

I decided it'd be fun to gently caress myself earlier this evening/morning. So I greased up Mr Sunshine and went to work. I had fun for 10 minutes and came. Then I was feeling the need to shower, so I did.

This is where things get graphic. Stop here if you don't want to cry.

Shortly after I started my shower, I felt a bit of matter coming out. Not terribly unusual, I just got done pounding my rear end. It landed on the floor of the shower. A few moments later I notice it's moving... strangely as it slowly gets washed towards the drain.

Last chance to stop. It's horriffic.

I nudge it with my toe and, to my horror, realize it's one piece. As in, a connected piece, as if it were... tissue. I think it's a bit of the outer layer of the colon. I feel like I'm going to pass out. I just crapped a piece of my rear end out of my rear end. I get it down the drain as quickly as possible and then sit down in the tub, I felt like I was having a panic attack. I'd had plenty of rear end sex before and not noticed this. Maybe this happened and I simply didn't notice it, or maybe the rear end "sheds" like this on its own occasionally, and no one really notices it (or admits they did). My rear end didn't hurt at all, but it does now, kind of, probably because I haven't stopped thinking about this horror for the last 90 minutes.

So the moral of the story is I really don't want to do this again. It makes me sad because I enjoy anal sex. Maybe others have heartier colons that I. But for god's sake, use condoms. If anything with a pulse goes in there, make sure it's sheathed.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Imagine loosing only by one point to that.....

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

tuo posted:

Imagine loosing only by one point to that.....

Lauda's still arouned and the other guy died in his 40s. :thunk:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wirth1000 posted:

Lauda's still arouned and the other guy died in his 40s. :thunk:

He lived a goon life though....I mean you can't stretch it any more, can you? Hunt was awesome and while we will never know, I'd be very surprised if he died a sad man.

And Lauda - while going through one liver after another - also seems like a guy who saw enough poo poo for ten lifes, and thus can easily look at where he is and say to anyone "gently caress you, I'm already at level 2".

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Silverstone happened a long time ago man, your food posting needs to be more punctual.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Silverstone happened a long time ago man, your food posting needs to be more punctual.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845000

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
2018 Formula 1 thread: I just crapped a piece of my rear end out of my rear end.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Wirth1000 posted:

Seriously, though, the poo poo Buxton posts on his blog is pretty hosed:

severely underrated post

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Seriously, though, the poo poo Buxton poops out of his butt is pretty hosed:

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Wirth1000 posted:

too long didnt read lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Unfetered One posted:

too long didnt read lol

This is offensive

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

wicka posted:

This is offensive

Seriously, what would possess you to not just type tl;dr

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

This is offensive

Srsly wtf

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Where is Vettel gonna end up when his Ferrari career ends after 2019 cause he's loving garbage and incapable of giving Ferrari what they want?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Where is Vettel gonna end up when his Ferrari career ends after 2019 cause he's loving garbage and incapable of giving Ferrari what they want?

Williams

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wirth1000 posted:

Alfa-Romeo Sauber

• Locked thread