Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I played Bayonetta 1 on the Wii U on a friend's copy. I just started Bayonetta 2, but since my friend is such a huge fan, he plans to buy the Switch versions and replay through 1 and 2.

Are there any confirmed additions to Bayonetta 2 on the Switch that I should wait for, or should I just keep playing part 2 on the Wii U?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Reinanigans posted:

I played Bayonetta 1 on the Wii U on a friend's copy. I just started Bayonetta 2, but since my friend is such a huge fan, he plans to buy the Switch versions and replay through 1 and 2.

Are there any confirmed additions to Bayonetta 2 on the Switch that I should wait for, or should I just keep playing part 2 on the Wii U?

It’s going to have amiibo functionality. It’ll probably look better too. 1080p would be nice.

EDIT: I was wrong about same screen coop. Thought I saw that. It will have local coop via 2 Switches though.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 31, 2017

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Rolo posted:

I liked the demo once I turned off the voice acting. It was like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night bad.

Bad VA is better than boring VA

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hace posted:

This is true. Uncharted games have objectively good voice acting but it’s also boring. Every character sounds like they’re from some lovely early 2000s blockbuster and it gets grating quick.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SeANMcBAY posted:

This is true. Uncharted games have objectively good voice acting but it’s also boring. Every character sounds like they’re from some lovely early 2000s blockbuster and it gets grating quick.

I appreciate how meaningful the experience was for the actors and how groundbreaking a lot of the tech they perfected has been for visual effects, but I have never really liked any Uncharted story. Every so often there's a funny joke, but not very often. At best it's just sort of blandly okay.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hace posted:

Boring VA just disappears into the background for me, bad VA makes me disable the thing entirely.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

spit on my clit posted:

You can unlock new merchants inside shops that have different gimmicks, such as using keys as cash*, or lower-priced higher-tier items that might make cursed** versions of enemies spawn, or guys that hang at the breach and unlock new items for boss bux. Other than that, it's just like any other roguelike. I'd really like a feature where you spend boss bux and get a lower chance of wood/green chests spawning for the run.

Have you unlocked the Enchantress yet? Because that's like a wayyyyy more fun version of what you're suggesting

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

goferchan posted:

Have you unlocked the Enchantress yet? Because that's like a wayyyyy more fun version of what you're suggesting

nope. does she spawn on a specific floor? i've only ever gotten to floor 3 because gently caress the floor 2 bosses, especially the beholster and his loving minions that'll spawn wherever they please, usually right into where you are

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

After now having watched a bunch of it, if you're moderately a fan of 2D Platformers and can find it at 50% off, Rayman is easily worth your $20. I nabbed one on Black Friday but a used physical copy wouldn't be a bad choice.

If you're particularly fond of 2D Platformers, it's even worth the $40 MSRP.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Facetious posted:

:hfive:

For those of you that have Steamworld Dig 2, do I need to play the first one to get the story at all?

The blank slate hero of one who stopped the vectron threat, disappears and the helpful miner girl he befriended must find him.

You're ready now.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Blossom Tales' final dungeon ain't loving around :stare:

I lost my poo poo at

Transform from Supergirl...

TO SUPERCAR!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got $30 in store credit but I can't decide what to get. I'm about to wrap up Steamworld Dig, Gungeon is taking its toll.
Ugh.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Inzombiac posted:

I got $30 in store credit but I can't decide what to get. I'm about to wrap up Steamworld Dig, Gungeon is taking its toll.
Ugh.

Save it for bayo ports in 35 days

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Real hurthling! posted:

Save it for bayo ports in 35 days

I already bought it, haha.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Rolo posted:

I liked the demo once I turned off the voice acting. It was like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night bad.

I’m so glad you can do this. I actually deleted the demo after a few minutes because it drove me crazy. I’ll have to try it again.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

spit on my clit posted:

nope. does she spawn on a specific floor? i've only ever gotten to floor 3 because gently caress the floor 2 bosses, especially the beholster and his loving minions that'll spawn wherever they please, usually right into where you are

She'll show up after you beat the game once and get the first ending . You can pay her hegemony bucks for a "blessing" that makes your gun on your next run randomly turn into to a new gun every X amount of damage you deal. It's obviously a little swingy but it's super fun and you never have to worry about ammo drops or getting weapons from chests because you're getting a fresh gun every couple minutes.

Also you can see where the Beholster minions will spawn, he shoots out a little blue "bullet" that hatched into them

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

goferchan posted:

Also you can see where the Beholster minions will spawn, he shoots out a little blue "bullet" that hatched into them

..am i colorblind?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Forktoss posted:

I'm looking for a nice two-player co-op game for casual play. I tried the Snipperclips demo and it's fun for what it is, but I don't think I'm interested in a full game's worth of it. I've also played Overcooked at a friend's house, and it's a lot of fun but it might be a bit too fast-paced and stressful for what I'm looking for. Co-op would be the main thing, but a good single-player mode wouldn't hurt, either. Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime looks pretty nice, can somebody recommend it?

Lovers is great, although you need 4 players to fully enjoy it imo.
I got Human Fall Flat on Steam after seeing the trailer on the eshop, and my kids are having a great time with it. You just have two little blobby ragdoll men and you solve physics puzzles together.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Hammer Bro. posted:

After now having watched a bunch of it, if you're moderately a fan of 2D Platformers and can find it at 50% off, Rayman is easily worth your $20. I nabbed one on Black Friday but a used physical copy wouldn't be a bad choice.

If you're particularly fond of 2D Platformers, it's even worth the $40 MSRP.

yeah if there's anyone left who doesn't know this, Rayman Legends is the best 2D platformer made in the past decade. you can find it a shitload cheaper on any other console obviously but you would not regret buying it on switch.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I was curious so I looked it up: Rayman has wireless LAN but not online multiplayer :( not that I expected it to

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Do Switch games not even have digital manuals? Romancing Saga is not a game to just wander into and I wanted some mystery left so I don't just want to read a guide on gamefaqs

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the switch is perfect to take with you to your grave

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rayman was obviously good but not really mindblowing for the first bunch of levels, then I played the quicksand level and hell Yea that's my poo poo.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

hell yeah

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Faux Mulder posted:

yeah if there's anyone left who doesn't know this, Rayman Legends is the best 2D platformer made in the past decade. you can find it a shitload cheaper on any other console obviously but you would not regret buying it on switch.

what makes it so amazing? earnest not sarcastic question, I played the first big set of levels in rayman origins and found them fun enough but not super standout compared to other good platformers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Princeps32 posted:

what makes it so amazing? earnest not sarcastic question, I played the first big set of levels in rayman origins and found them fun enough but not super standout compared to other good platformers

rayman origins has tiny rooms you travel through. legends is one seamless level and they do things that just aren't possible in origins. its origins done right

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

cheetah7071 posted:

Do Switch games not even have digital manuals? Romancing Saga is not a game to just wander into and I wanted some mystery left so I don't just want to read a guide on gamefaqs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c2Q6-k4HodGskLaa4Byg0mnBqF_xwDCVg6U29QureCs/htmlview

and

http://saga.wikia.com/wiki/Tech_Sparking

Will give you info on things like sparking techs, and stats for various things.

e: I forget where I saw that spreadsheet originally. Might've been in this thread or the RPG thread.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

I grabbed Legends for free when it was one of the Xbox Live free games but I haven’t turned the drat thing on since I got my Switch so I’m seriously thinking about actually buying it. The Xbox is a push of a button on my receiver away though what is wrong with me?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Evil Fluffy posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c2Q6-k4HodGskLaa4Byg0mnBqF_xwDCVg6U29QureCs/htmlview

and

http://saga.wikia.com/wiki/Tech_Sparking

Will give you info on things like sparking techs, and stats for various things.

e: I forget where I saw that spreadsheet originally. Might've been in this thread or the RPG thread.

I was looking for more basic things like what systems even exist and what the basic flow of the game is. A tutorial in text form since the game doesn't have a real tutorial.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pug Rodeo posted:

I grabbed Legends for free when it was one of the Xbox Live free games but I haven’t turned the drat thing on since I got my Switch so I’m seriously thinking about actually buying it. The Xbox is a push of a button on my receiver away though what is wrong with me?

It’ll probably be $10-$15 soon. Rebuy it on Switch then. The portability will make it worth it.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Princeps32 posted:

Origins is fine but not necessarily super imaginative in level design. Legends opens the levels right up and makes them much more varied and fun. They're full of DKC-style secrets and bonus areas, have loads of fun puzzle sections, timed platforming sections designed to look cinematic and make you feel awesome without being prohibitively hard, fun bossfights, and incredible music-based levels at the end of every world that you'll want to replay over and over. Where Origins is functional, Legends is fun.

And if you liked the Origin levels, good news: all of the good ones are unlockable in Legends.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

a.lo posted:

the switch is perfect to take with you to your grave

I'm gonna need solar panels to keep it charged.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The way the collectibles are laid out and the fact he has a punch makes it feel like a throwback to 16 bit mascot platformers. As do the weird ugly character designs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I will probably get the switch Bayos just in the hopes the audio works properly. It was all hosed up on wii u.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

rayman origins has tiny rooms you travel through. legends is one seamless level and they do things that just aren't possible in origins. its origins done right

Faux Mulder posted:

Origins is fine but not necessarily super imaginative in level design. Legends opens the levels right up and makes them much more varied and fun. They're full of DKC-style secrets and bonus areas, have loads of fun puzzle sections, timed platforming sections designed to look cinematic and make you feel awesome without being prohibitively hard, fun bossfights, and incredible music-based levels at the end of every world that you'll want to replay over and over. Where Origins is functional, Legends is fun.

And if you liked the Origin levels, good news: all of the good ones are unlockable in Legends.

thanks that's super helpful. i'm completely sunk in stardew valley but i'm up for a real good 2d sidescroller soon

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Waltzing Along posted:

I will probably get the switch Bayos just in the hopes the audio works properly. It was all hosed up on wii u.

How was the audio hosed up? I don’t remember that.

I’m buying it again since it’s rad that it comes with 1 again and it’ll be amazing to have a Bayonetta trilogy all together on my Switch.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

How was the audio hosed up? I don’t remember that.

I’m buying it again since it’s rad that it comes with 1 again and it’ll be amazing to have a Bayonetta trilogy all together on my Switch.

Yes! Half the reason I got a Wii U was Bayonetta 2 but I'll gladly get them all on Switch.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I got the bayonetta 2 wii-u version that came with 1, which was a limited amount for some reason. Never got around to it

I paid $60 but looks like it’s half that now, probably because the switch news

I’m down to start a mailing circle if y’all wanna borrow it for a week at a time

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm a dissenting opinion because I was turned off Legends and I found Rayman Origins to be a loving masterpiece of platforming. I didn't like how Legends structured its level select and I didn't like the weird autorunning levels. It felt immediately lacking in the charm and atmosphere that I enjoyed in Origins. I was immensely let down having really dug Origins a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Legends has you covered even if you have this opinion

• Locked thread