Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Timby posted:

They said on their Facebook a day or two ago that they want to do The Real Ghostbusters, TMNT and WWF stuff if they get a second season. The only toy line they've officially said is in the second half of this first season is Transformers. I'd guess Cabbage Patch Kids, My Little Pony, Care Bears, Trolls, Star Trek or the old Toy Biz superhero stuff are possible.

:doh: Of course Transformers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'd get a Danny McBride figure from literally any other movie he's been in, not A:C tho.

This was the only chance to get a Kenny Powers figure.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/945146029149696001

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Watching that now. Def excited for It.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They ain't doing that right unless there's a tab in the back that you pull down to reveal a big toothy monster face like the old Ghostbusters Fright Features toys.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I fux heavy wit dis.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Timby posted:

They said on their Facebook a day or two ago that they want to do The Real Ghostbusters, TMNT and WWF stuff if they get a second season. The only toy line they've officially said is in the second half of this first season is Transformers. I'd guess Cabbage Patch Kids, My Little Pony, Care Bears, Trolls, Star Trek or the old Toy Biz superhero stuff are possible.

I'd guess in addition to Transformers, the other eps will be Cabbage Patch Kids, Lego, and Video Games

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/945186106798157824

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Well I'll be dammed

Holy shiiiiiit! I can't believe they're making these! That game was awesome.

Usually NECA just likes putting out lazy repaints of Robocop and Jason done up like the sprites in those bad LJN NES games

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Jeez the Black Panther Marvel Legend wave is already at my work in the hold bay until January 1st.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rirse posted:

Jeez the Black Panther Marvel Legend wave is already at my work in the hold bay until January 1st.

Local Walmarts had them the other day. Got picked over pretty fast.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Probably going to ask the boss if I can put on hold Blackbolt and Namor, as the other one from the wave I want got price reduced on Amazon so she probably better to left ordered there instead. I saw at least two cases so there still be plenty of figures to go around.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
For Christmas a buddy of mine got me the Revoltech Venom figure to add to my ever growing collection of symbiotes. Its amazing looking and now I can't wait to buy the Revoltech Carnage to go with it.

BlackCircle fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 30, 2017

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

BlackCircle posted:

For Christmas a buddy of mine got me the Revoltech Venom figure to add to my ever growing collection of symbiotes. Its amazing looking and now I can't wait to buy the Revoltech Carnage to go with it.

Nice! Agreed that Venom is really awesome. Be careful with him though. I put him through too much posing and now the shoulder blade wont hold up the arm on one side.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

BlackCircle posted:

I got this for Xmas too from my gf and I can’t wait for Carnage. Such an amazing figure.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I decided my suit really needed a Bale face for the cowl. So I ordered a casting from Haunted Studios and painted it black. It fits great, and really gives the whole thing a nice statue-esque appearance.

But then a few days later, I happened across an eBay find: the same resin Bale face cast expertly painted by FleshFace with the most realistic detail I have ever seen:

After a couple of days of using it to torment my wife by playing the creepiest version of Elf on the Shelf ever, I put some eye black on it for a tryout:

Couldn't be happier with the outcome. Everything comes together beautifully on the mannequin:

I still have not yet gathered up the courage to punch the holes in the suit for the cape clips, but I think soon. I have all the hardware, the cowl rings are on, and I'm pretty sure of the positioning. I just don't want to ruin the look of the torso when it's disassembled and hanging in the suit armoire.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Christ on sale that's creepy

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hell I'd gently caress it

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

gregday posted:

I decided my suit really needed a Bale face for the cowl. So I ordered a casting from Haunted Studios and painted it black. It fits great, and really gives the whole thing a nice statue-esque appearance.

But then a few days later, I happened across an eBay find: the same resin Bale face cast expertly painted by FleshFace with the most realistic detail I have ever seen:

After a couple of days of using it to torment my wife by playing the creepiest version of Elf on the Shelf ever, I put some eye black on it for a tryout:

Couldn't be happier with the outcome. Everything comes together beautifully on the mannequin:

I still have not yet gathered up the courage to punch the holes in the suit for the cape clips, but I think soon. I have all the hardware, the cowl rings are on, and I'm pretty sure of the positioning. I just don't want to ruin the look of the torso when it's disassembled and hanging in the suit armoire.

Ok, the faces are creepy as gently caress, but how is the cape attached? You couldn't just use strong magnets instead of punching holes in the armor?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

purple death ray posted:

Christ on sale that's creepy
What, it’s just a Christian Bale death mask, nothing weird about that.

I like that the vendor who did the painting is named “FleshFace”. It’s like the name of some warlord in the Mad Max wasteland.

So if this came from eBay, does that mean one can buy death masks of *any* celebrity? Asking for a friend.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jan 2, 2018

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Louisgod posted:

Hell I'd gently caress it

He does look like he’s been captured cumming right at that moment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gregday is the hero we deserve.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The payoff was worth it

gregday
May 23, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Ok, the faces are creepy as gently caress, but how is the cape attached? You couldn't just use strong magnets instead of punching holes in the armor?

Some people use magnets. To do it the proper way they did it originally, there are those triangular cape clips. They have screws on the back that screw down into posts that are mounted inside the suit and exposed through 2 small holes near the collarbone. The clip screws down through grommets sewn into the cape, then through some brass rings attached to the bottom corners of the cowl, then finally into posts punched through the suit holes. Ultimately the cape+cowl+suit are all secured together much more solidly than you’d expect.

For those photos above my cape is pretty much just staged and tucked under the cowl. The cape fabric is just rigid enough for that.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You ever see Weekend At Burnie's? Slap some shades on Christian there and he'll look fine.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’d think that if the technology exists to put a lifelike recreation of a celebrity’s face inside the batsuit, why would you limit yourself to the actor who played Batman? Put Bill Murray’s face inside that suit, or Woody Allen, Whoopi Goldberg, get creative. The sky is the limit!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xenomrph posted:

I’d think that if the technology exists to put a lifelike recreation of a celebrity’s face inside the batsuit, why would you limit yourself to the actor who played Batman? Put Bill Murray’s face inside that suit, or Woody Allen, Whoopi Goldberg, get creative. The sky is the limit!

Because the cowl was specifically sculpted to fit Christian Bale's face.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's kinda cool... until you see it and it's just dead Christian Bale. The closed eyes are hosed up.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just give him some googly eyes and problem is solved.

Also anyone who buying the Black Panther wave and doesn't need the BAF head or leg (from Killmonger) can you set them aside as I just need those to finish the figure. I would just get the Black Panther figure, but I already got the Captain America wave figure for him.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

My Figma Tracer just shipped, I’ve been looking forward to that one for a while now. Reviews I’ve seen on YouTube have been really positive, too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vintersorg posted:

It's kinda cool... until you see it and it's just dead Christian Bale. The closed eyes are hosed up.

Just put some googly eyes on top of the eyelids! Problem solved!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It is a shame the Killmonger figure is just another Black Panther, rather than this look which we’ve seen him in a lot more:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The_Doctor posted:

It is a shame the Killmonger figure is just another Black Panther, rather than this look which we’ve seen him in a lot more:

Same. I would bought that version of him if it was released instead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

My Figma Tracer just shipped, I’ve been looking forward to that one for a while now. Reviews I’ve seen on YouTube have been really positive, too.

It looks cool and I've seen people matching poses from the game and stuff with it pretty easily. Face looks a bit off without the goggles is the only issue I've noticed. Something about the eyes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

It almost feels like him getting his own BP suit was a last minute change.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

"Grooooooove evening, goons!"

Good grief, she's got about a dozen different hands, and a trio of Morolian buddies. And her face comes off, for some bizarre reason (I don't recall seeing an alt one in there). Quite wonderful but still, she feels incomplete without Pudding, y'know?

Karnith
Jul 9, 2014

Sentinel Red posted:

Good grief, she's got about a dozen different hands, and a trio of Morolian buddies. And her face comes off, for some bizarre reason (I don't recall seeing an alt one in there). Quite wonderful but still, she feels incomplete without Pudding, y'know?
The Goodsmile page says that her eyes are adjustable, which is often done by manipulating pegs behind the eyes. That might be why the face comes off?

Alternately they may just make all Figmas that way. I don't think I have any that don't have alt faces, but it wouldn't surprise me if they made them all with removable faces/hairpieces.

Karnith fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 4, 2018

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Sentinel Red posted:

"Grooooooove evening, goons!"

Removable face is standard, construction and poseable eyes are good as hell.

https://twitter.com/nu__man/status/944210138130292736/photo/1

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is it okay to post in here if I wanted to sell a figure? I got the new Figma Deadpool but ended up getting the DX as a gift, so I was curious if anyone was interested before I throw it on eBay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Figma Tracer came in yesterday, I really like it! It's the first figure I've ever preordered, it was a pretty long wait but it worked out well.