Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Oh my loving God.

C. RISE, HOUSE ROBERT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tofuwizard
Feb 22, 2013
Definitely C. The legend of Korean Robert must grow.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well goddamn y'all

C

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Cause there is nothing stopping him now, except for an HPG blackout which would merely slow him down.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

You know what? Korean Robert being elevated to leadership through being good at 'mechwars is actually the clan method working perfectly, eugenics aside. A shooty man has become leader of all the shooty men through sheer strength of robot violence. Ironic. I feel like this is all but ensuring that the Horses' warrior caste don't integrate into the inner sphere particularly well.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Octatonic posted:

You know what? Korean Robert being elevated to leadership through being good at 'mechwars is actually the clan method working perfectly, eugenics aside. A shooty man has become leader of all the shooty men through sheer strength of robot violence. Ironic. I feel like this is all but ensuring that the Horses' warrior caste don't integrate into the inner sphere particularly well.

But the eugenics aspect is basically their religion, so it's a complete refutation of their system. Three centuries of selective breeding couldn't beat an office worker in a Mech made of stolen parts.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Typo correction:

quote:

“As my second act, I would propose the creation of a neutral corridor between our two nations, in which both the Federated Suns and Draconis Combine mymay gather resources freely.

Also

C Warlord Robert!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

Three centuries of selective breeding couldn't beat an office worker in a Mech made of stolen parts and office equipment.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
:magical:

Voting C because come on. :squawk:

(Also the video in the post seems unavailable on my end. It might be a regional thing? Can others see it?)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pooncha posted:

:magical:

Voting C because come on. :squawk:

(Also the video in the post seems unavailable on my end. It might be a regional thing? Can others see it?)

The video is military band music, find something vaguely pomp and majesty.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Octatonic posted:

Voting C mostly because of this.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
C

On the one hand, dissolved the Draconis Suns seems like a bad idea. On the other hand, I suppose Hanse is weighing a second Clan Invasion/The Black Dragon Society vs. trying to hold onto the Draconis Combine is figuring the Combine is lost at this point anyway, so build a nice buffer zone while you can.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
C is the only real option. The clanners might try to interpret his wishes otherwise.

Poptarts - please assign me a mech.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I voted C because it's basically the comedy three way "gently caress everything" backstab option. Otherwise the Fed Suns and Combine end up at their throats soon-ish anyway, but now they've got a reformed Clan (under backwards IS leadership!) to turn it into an entire clusterfuck once they all rearm.

If we're blowing up everything, we might as well make all three sides strong for MAXIMUM CHAOS.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Zaodai posted:

I voted C because it's basically the comedy three way "gently caress everything" backstab option. Otherwise the Fed Suns and Combine end up at their throats soon-ish anyway, but now they've got a reformed Clan (under backwards IS leadership!) to turn it into an entire clusterfuck once they all rearm.

If we're blowing up everything, we might as well make all three sides strong for MAXIMUM CHAOS.

I voted C because I want to know what happened to Rosinski Ami and anything that gives Korean Robert more spotlight increases the odds of that happening.

Yes, it's me, I am the one who cares about the fluff character who has not, as far as I can remember, been mentioned since Counting Coup Turn 15, which was almost six years ago now. No, I cannot explain it.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I care too. And during the voting for this scenario PTN said,

PoptartsNinja posted:

But [joining a Resistance unit] has Roughnecks, office chairs, a love story, and possibly the Yakuza!

Did I miss the love story in all the stompy robit shooty bits? I bet we'll get it regardless of what we vote here, but the ending of it may depend on our vote.

I vote C.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull

But the eugenics aspect is basically their religion, so it's a complete refutation of their system. Three centuries of selective breeding couldn't beat an office worker in a Mech made of stolen parts.

This, glorious this.

C!

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

C

All hail Warlord Robert, master of Steelcase.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
B, Robert's sick of a high stakes life by now I think, but I mean c is going to be hilarious should continue it to landslide.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

pun pundit posted:

Did I miss the love story in all the stompy robit shooty bits? I bet we'll get it regardless of what we vote here, but the ending of it may depend on our vote.

It was six years ago

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

It was six years ago

True love endures, Defiance Industries!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
C

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE OFFICE CHAIR

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
C. You keep what you kill. Also, noticed a “desperate” in Hanse’s speech which was probably intended as “disparate”.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Voting for Robert to marry his true loves wherever he goes

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

True love endures, Defiance Industries!

Not disagreeing, I'm just trying to explain why he might have missed it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Someone explain to me what the likely impact is of the bonus vote that the dude won.

Also, C because holy moly that's great.

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
C

The office chair shall be his throne.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Podima posted:

Someone explain to me what the likely impact is of the bonus vote that the dude won.

I like it. Sure immediately it breaks up the Draconis Suns, but the initial union was the result of desperation. This sets it up for a better long term relationship.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Podima posted:

Also, C because holy moly that's great.

That vote was whether Hanse decided to voluntarily break up the Drac Suns, or do something more overtly Hanse Davion-like, or something else entirely.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gun Jam chose the most un-Battletech option of them all.

The sensible one.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
As the goon who got to play in Korean Robert's chair, I would be insane if I chose anything other than C. The dice love him. All hail Khan Robert.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Hanse could have kept the DracSuns together - but without the Hell's Horses running Luthien, he likely figured that the Kuritans would immediately begin revolting. Which is a pretty safe bet, really.

Instead he's handing the Kuritans their independence - which will seriously gently caress with their Space Weeaboo Honoraburu Culture because now every single Drac knows perfectly well that they're only independent because their most longstanding cultural enemy allowed it - while also letting them serve as kevlar versus the attacks of the other Clans and getting the remnants of Hell's Horses to occupy the Kuritan/Davion border, so that once the rest of the Clans chew through the Draconis Combine they'll then still have the Horses to chew through before they get to any properly Davion worlds. Which is a pretty fuckin' canny thing to pull. On the other hand, there is a nonzero chance that he's doing this because it'll free up his energies to go reconquer the Duchy of New Syrtis/Taurian Concordat, which he can almost certainly do effectively enough that he will be in position to get his poo poo pushed in by the new Capellan Society AI Mechs. So he's doing something pretty smart that will inevitably lead to something really stupid, which makes this a very, very Battletech turn of events.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
C

Kinda bummed to see the Draconis Suns breaking up so soon, but who knows, maybe this will be better in the long run.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

See, I’m torn. I think B is genuinely the best long term choice for these peoples to become prosperous and powerful on good terms in preparation for the challenges ahead. I can see Robert wanting to walk away from the insane stakes of war and warrior culture for something less intense. But I can also see him later realizing he has no taste for politics, and hating that he can’t just punch out his enemies. But at least he would have some personally sworn clan warriors at his side as bodyguards, so his chances of living through every assassination attempt with help from badass friends are pretty high. I think B is the Good End.

The possible benefits of C are pretty cool though. I see the appeal. I just dunno if I see Robert having the ambition to go make a difference there.

Ima vote B cuz I like the idea of his political rivals pulling their hair out as he survives every bombing, stabbing, and gunning attempt, while his personal forces, acting in their capacity as neutral peacekeepers, can ignore usual jurisdiction rules to be secret service/supercops.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Voting for C. Looking forward to seeing how Robert’s stewardship plays out.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Xarbala posted:

Gun Jam chose the most un-Battletech option of them all.

The sensible one.

I was gonna say, this entire option is [lostech joke]

I'm voting B just because I know C is going to get it by a landslide, but I think it'd be smart to have a bona fide badass trying to make sure relations between the Combine and Suns stay solid. I have fewer concerns about the Hell's Horses, but ehhhhhhhh :shrug:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
C.

Korean Robert has to consolidate resources and save up so that later in the campaign he can hire the Demon Hawks.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

How can I vote for anything but Clan office chair?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C Korean Robert for Ilkhan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

raverrn posted:

Clan office chair

:pusheen: I can only hope this is the joke Robert makes to get his bondsmen off his back, that they take way too seriously.

• Locked thread