Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The onion came out entirely flavorless. The kumara far too soft, it needed less time, but it soaked up some good flavors. The pork itself is loving scrumptious and I'm reducing the juices to see if it can get better.

Oh, and star citizen sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

SelenicMartian posted:

Judge: You were ruined by slightly over a dozen people in a thread in a subforum of a subforum of a comedy forum people pay :10bux: to read?

fix'd for MAXIMUM ACCURACY

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

The kumara far too soft

Kumara needs far less time at a higher heat. About 35 minutes at 220c to get it nice and crispy.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

EightAce posted:

the wilmslow guys are working there asses off round the clock. Weekends and evenings. They are trying to get a sq42 smoke and mirrors up and running .

I'm still a month behind on the thread, so I can see how EightAce has called it several times.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I wonder what they're going to break fixing this one.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7n5kyb/hacking_implemented/

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

'We don't have the Mop Tech working fully yet. He is gonna pick up his... the subsumption stuff is he can pick up bucket go around and actually clean up puddles and stuff and that's all like kinda procedural so err that's uhh that's uh you know'

'dialling in the subtleties'

Who taught Chris the word 'subtlety'?

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 31, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haha bullshit they haven’t even figured out how to separate the loving Doom 3 style user interfaces in their bullshit space MMO that’s amazing, they have no idea what they’re even doing anymore

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

'We don't have the Mop Tech working fully yet. He is gonna pick up his... the subsumption stuff is he can pick up bucket go around and actually clean up puddles and stuff and that's all like kinda procedural so err that's uhh that's uh you know'

this is a parody right?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Star Citizen: they don't see it, and it won't actually spawn their ships

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Solarin posted:

this is a parody right?
That's Chris's director's commentary over the vertical slice.

Holy poo poo The scene at the hangar when the prisoners arrive.

Chris: 'And here we just...' ALL PEOPLE ON DECK DESPAWN AND SPAWN IN DIFFERENT PLACES '...we know what's happening, so...uhh'

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

That's Chris's director's commentary over the vertical slice.

Holy poo poo The scene at the hangar when the prisoners arrive.

Chris: 'And here we just...' ALL PEOPLE ON DECK DESPAWN AND SPAWN IN DIFFERENT PLACES '...we know what's happening, so...uhh'

i also like that in a game that prides itself on super fidelitous first person view and animations that really bring you into the game, chris just has to yank you right out to show his amazing third person cutscenes he carefully directed so that the player won't miss a single nuance

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
it reminds me of the directors commentary that you could activate in half-life 2, and how they explained the neat tricks and psychological methods they used to ensure that the player always looked in the right direction when something cool happened

this is the complete opposite

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

TheAgent posted:

here's an exclusive alpha screenshot for those that follow the thread (like most games, the artwork is p much the last thing to get finalized and I've been back and forth about Parpman here because the artist is like "you want him blowing something??" and I'm all "no no, like, not sucking a dick, like he's an airhorn" and she's all "what the gently caress kind of game are you making" so there's a bit of a snag there. pay no attention to the brian tag, as he's my default placeholder and one of the last characters to be done so I know something is fuckin wrong)

I would like to doxx the agent for the CIG intern reading the thread here.

He's Santa Clause. Thank you Agent for an early new years/late Christmas present

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

:piss:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm pretty sure Beer's effort postings were the equivalent of a man screaming at himself in a dream to wake up before he pisses himself.

I am enthralled regardless

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

mrchinchin25 posted:

yeah tanks but no tanks

(I bet we've not said that yet)

I wanna earn my tank in game thank you very much

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I'm a true fan

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Taintrunner posted:

Bruce Campbell’s Tachyon The Fringe! I played the gently caress out of that demo!
That game was awesome. One mission had you stealing the roof of the Sixtine Chapel. In space!

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Dec 31, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

gently caress, Chris & co are really hammering in 'subtle' for every feature.

Can somebody check if the word's frequency has gone up on reddit/spectrum after the stream?

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Oh this is just precious.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Cargo cult mechanics are IN!

i'm

i'm glad of it

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Subtlety, motherfuckers!

This is happening during carrier take-off, a thing present in crobbler's games since WC1

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

thatguy posted:

Is anyone going to make a Star Citizen in retrospect this year?

The hounds have been released upon this semi-complete car crash which I cannot help but rubberneck and shitpost about

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

TheAgent posted:

chris roberts has finally touched the mirror to become, wholly, derek smart

and its loving fantastic

the meltdowns are gonna own, on all sides

Microwaves without doors wouldn't melt poo poo down as quickly as this entire debacle to come

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

Mr.Tophat posted:

I wanna earn my tank in game thank you very much

You'll need to do approximately 42,000 cargo missions at 1fps, all the while trying to dodge filthy subhuman griefers crawling across the back of your ship fiddling with your hud. Through salty tears you'll eventually give up and reach for the credit card to buy 4 of them

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

This is beyond incredible

The actual game has been unlocked

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

As they say 'this is all actually in the world, right beside the player, happening'

'you saw some gingering on the landing gear because it's all physicalised and there's sort of... there's conflict between the animation and the actual physics simulation... which is all stuff we'll dial in and it won't be there in the final run, but it's still early stages'

When Chris dials in the subtleties the won't be there either.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

So is this fidelity or not? I am confused.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Not being able to mess around with another Commando's ship selection sounds like a bug. It's the inevitable consequence of public terminal browsing.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Kumara needs far less time at a higher heat. About 35 minutes at 220c to get it nice and crispy.
My slow cooker only does "Low" or "High", none of this fancy metric!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ramadu posted:

lol u mad

At this point, he's gotta be trolling, because no other explanation makes sense. He probably believes the profanities seal the deal. All that aside from the fact that he still hasn't posted which publishers I bankrupted, despite being asked several times already. I can troll with the best of them, but now I've just blocked him because clearly he's just making GBS threads up the thread.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

TheAgent posted:

theres a lot of benny in here

I can't loving wait to play this

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

"GIVE US LOVE PLEDGE RIGHT NAAAOOOOOOO!" Apocalypse, the mighty mutant god screamed.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Or else we have to spend our money to buy yet another Stellaris DLC.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

'we're not really gonna have a catapult launch,' says Chris as marshalling in clouds of space steam intensifies.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

Subtlety, motherfuckers!

This is happening during carrier take-off, a thing present in crobbler's games since WC1

lol this is good stuff, I only saw the last 10 minutes of the demo when they aired it. Lol this was the best they could do after having nothing to show for two years, holy poo poo

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I would attend the gently caress out of this new year's party in space no lies.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Solarin posted:

lol this is good stuff, I only saw the last 10 minutes of the demo when they aired it. Lol this was the best they could do after having nothing to show for two years, holy poo poo

Stop that FUD spreading, everyone knows that SC is simulating reality down to quantum level. What we are observing are little time-space disturbances which are caused from the low quality shielding of the gravity goo pipelines.

CIG is even nice enough to offer a high quality shielding upgrade kit for only 79$ (small ships). Although it fixes the shielding problem, the flickering will still remain. FIDELITY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

BluesShaman posted:

Is it true you have a hate boner for Star Citizen?

Is it true you're a Derek Smart alt?

How does it feel to be the man holding CIG accountable?

How many cat pictures have you posted?

lol I missed this somehow. Thankfully caught it doing the thread recap.

Colostomy Bag posted:

The funny thing is what I wrote is mostly factual. A video [of CIG's sound studio] exists somewhere.

I think it was pictured at least once. If anyone has that video or picture handy I could use it.