Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Holy poo poo, they caught the Nigerian Prince email scam guy. Or one of them.

67 year old dude in Louisiana, but apparently he did actually wire money to co-conspirators in Nigeria.

quote:

Police say 67-year-old Michael Neu, who lives outside New Orleans, served as a middle man in hundreds of fraudulent financial transactions and wired money to co-conspirators in Nigeria. Neu has been charged with 269 counts of wire fraud and money laundering after an 18-month investigation, the Slidell Police Department said Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Ho ho ho, drunk at a brewery and a bunch of middle aged nurses are thirsty for the JD.

Time to feast

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Holy poo poo, they caught the Nigerian Prince email scam guy. Or one of them.

67 year old dude in Louisiana, but apparently he did actually wire money to co-conspirators in Nigeria.

Phew, dont know him.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sick. probably flu-like virus. 101.8 fever, bad cough, bad aches, headache bad enough to make me nauseous. finally got some acetaminophen to stay down.

I feel like if you get sick while on vacation, you should get your vacation days back, right?

for cooking in addition to a good knife I suggest a cast iron pan, a non-stick frying pan, a saucepan, and a big stock pot. I do 90% of my cooking with those.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Ho ho ho, drunk at a brewery and a bunch of middle aged nurses are thirsty for the JD.

Time to feast

Go forth and slay them good goon.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sick. probably flu-like virus. 101.8 fever, bad cough, bad aches, headache bad enough to make me nauseous. finally got some acetaminophen to stay down.

I feel like if you get sick while on vacation, you should get your vacation days back, right?

for cooking in addition to a good knife I suggest a cast iron pan, a non-stick frying pan, a saucepan, and a big stock pot. I do 90% of my cooking with those.

to add to this, don’t be afraid to go cheap on the non-stick frying pan. the teflon will wear down and you will toss need to replace it. don’t buy all-clad non-stick (or all-clad at all if you’re just starting out).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just arrived in Vegas for New Year's. Saw a billboard that said "Banks, UGH! Go crypto."

Sounds about right.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

hifi posted:

learn how to cook meat and the different heats and times for stuff like chicken breasts, thighs, flank steak, roasts (get a thermometer too, it doesn't have to be a thermopen).

The one piece of advice I gleaned from all of Emeril's BAM! dumb bullshit was he gestured to the stovetop and told the audience, "this thing has temperature dials for a reason. Learn to use them!"

Another good thing to watch is I think Gordon Ramsay's old The F Word cooking segments are on YouTube.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

hifi posted:

learn how to cook meat and the different heats and times for stuff like chicken breasts, thighs, flank steak, roasts (get a thermometer too, it doesn't have to be a thermopen).

This is also very good information. Most people learning to cook have the temps way to high, get used to cooking low and slow to get meats to cook evenly.

Another thing to take note of is the smell of foods when they are done cooking. You will notice after a few weeks if you have something in the oven or simmering you can start to know when something is done just by the smell.

seiferguy posted:

Just arrived in Vegas for New Year's. Saw a billboard that said "Banks, UGH! Go crypto."

Sounds about right.

I went to Microcenter today to get a gift card for my Brothers birthday. I walked by a person saying, "When bitcoin goes down, people panic and sell. My friend calls them 'idiots.' So the idiots leave and then you get to buy their coins for less and make more money!"

I cannot wait for bitcoin to crash.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Dec 31, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
loving LOL

https://twitter.com/bluetrainlinez/status/946745692915159041

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Happy New Year my favourite cunts. It's 4 hours away but I'm 12 beers iun

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

BlindSite posted:

no spoilers pls

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

BlindSite posted:

Well done.

I'm just going to be adding less and less oj to these mimosas as the day goes on

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

BlindSite posted:

Let us know if 2018 is gonna suck less

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My buddy in New Zealand thinks 2018 is kind of crappy but he didn't even like They Live so I think we'll be fine.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Has anyone posted from 2018 or is it safe to assume that we all die at midnight?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just had the most absurd chicken and waffles at a brunch.

Like I need to go lay down for a while.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I just prepped a pot roast for a dinner party tonight. We’re gonna eat all the meats. Then drink all the drinks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'll be making chicken parmesan tonight and probably farting around with video games. My wife goes to bed early on NYE because she doesn't care but I'll probably have a beer at midnight.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Maybe 2018 won't suck

ha ha just kidding!!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This is the first New Year's in a while where I'm not travelling or having just got back from travelling, and I'm probably going to be sitting at home with my dog playing video games. Might walk him by the bars around here so he can get some love but it's gonna be pretty drat cold and I doubt he'll want to walk that far.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm still sick as poo poo, so I'll be home alone, but atleast I'm well enough to eat more than soup again

Hurray crabcakes

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I strained my neck getting out of bed, so instead of drinking I’m going to be ringing in the new year with a heat pack and some oxycodone. 2018 off to a bitch of a start here

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm making steak chicken wings vodka for me, bruschetta, honey mascarpone raspeberries and some kalimotxos + Moscow mules for the gf

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
IM cleaning my desk at work people keep dumping Christmas candy on it. I don’t even like candy!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yo kid

Lemme get some of that candy

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Im gonna home make myself a chicken pot pie and keep drinking this Dragon's Milk.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OxySnake posted:

Im gonna home make myself a chicken pot pie and keep drinking this Dragon's Milk.

Dragon’s Milk is so good.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Bottle service on a yacht tonight, fellas. Gonna be a hell of a way to ring in the new year. Still deciding on the last meal though. I know we will inevitably default to pizza while the ladies get ready in the hotel but I'm thinking Japanese or Vietnamese. At least we have brunch reservations for the morning!

I hope y'all have a good start to your new year. We got a Wolf Moon on Jan 1 so if it looks like a 3 day long full moon, now you know why. Please enjoy this factoid!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m at the gym squatting

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
for NYE I'm having a small group of friends over because our house can comfortably sleep four additional people and we don't need any statistics tonight

BECAUSE WE GETTIN hosed UP

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Also

Shot:
https://twitter.com/movomate/status/947344954925502464

Chaser:
https://twitter.com/kerrence/status/947388235872899073

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well i mean at least we know she’s genuinely interested in finding those kids!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Would that I lived my life this well

https://twitter.com/kennyg/status/947165753459044353

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i bought mass effect andromeda to see if it was really as bad as i've been led to believe

it's worse, actually

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alaois posted:

i bought mass effect andromeda to see if it was really as bad as i've been led to believe

it's worse, actually

and you are playing the version with half a year of patches

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

and you are playing the version with half a year of patches

the technical stuff isn't even what bothers me, I love Obsidian games and boy howdy those are some technical messes.

it's just a complete and utter failure of writing and especially game design. this game design is TRASH

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I stopped at ME2 and I'm pleased with my experience.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alaois posted:

the technical stuff isn't even what bothers me, I love Obsidian games and boy howdy those are some technical messes.

Day 1 patchless Fallout:NV veteran here

Now, lets cut the bullshit and talk about loving Troika

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Day 1 patchless Fallout:NV veteran here

Now, lets cut the bullshit and talk about loving Troika

day 1 patchless on the xbox 360 here

I can't even play Arcanum, it's so dated, and a lot of the writing in Vampire is dated and hilarious in the unintended way but it fits the super tryhardy nature of White Wolf so I let it slide.

• Locked thread