Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

It's time for URF again so you know what that mean!! It's time for The Fast: Tokyo Drift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA5yRlC5Uk4

We regret to inform you Tokyo Drift has been canceled

:negative: :smith: :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Please enjoy the graphs for this here game of League.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
did anyone say WELCOME TO URF yet

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

your friend a dog posted:

did anyone say WELCOME TO URF yet

This is a big pet peeve of mine because Will Smith very clearly enunciates earth in the movie

People have even claimed to me they went back and dubbed it again lol

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah but,

He black

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I know it's preseason but wtf why are people in my ranked queue picking support lux when Leona/Ali/Taric/Braum are loving poo poo up botlane right now. They all get instantly annihilated and do jack poo poo for the rest of the game like how is that even fun?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It’s good!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Camel Camus posted:

I know it's preseason but wtf why are people in my ranked queue picking support lux when Leona/Ali/Taric/Braum are loving poo poo up botlane right now. They all get instantly annihilated and do jack poo poo for the rest of the game like how is that even fun?

Because it's good. :colbert:

In all seriousness, she got both better and worse as a support and probably came out as a net neutral. Increased mana gains from Presence, Biscuit, and Manaflow and the addition of Comet means that you're a pretty nasty poke support. After the Make it Rain nerf, only Xerath can really match you in terms of long-range poke early on. Generally speaking, you can trivially push any ADC out of lane that isn't running a full sustain build (Boots/4 pots + Fleet + Resolve secondary) by applying consistent pressure. On the bad end, playing into Leona or Ali is a world of pure pain. Aftershock and the overall higher level of early game damage coming from both ADCs and tank supports means that my standard strategy of only playing into tank supports on cannon waves and using Q and E to extend the damage they take no longer works; Ali/Leo can take the most meatheaded engages possible and still come out ahead because they're basically unkillable, and there's a high probability that my ADC's getting popped in that time unless the enemy ADC is Vayne or some poo poo.

I'd say she's now closest to old Zyra in terms of how it feels to play her. She puts out really obnoxious poke, and her burst damage is great, but you just loving explode if you so much as misposition a single step out of bounds. Her base stats at level 1 are now probably the worst in the entire game. Even Sona's more durable than her!

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

unless I'm planning on playing something that has a particular bad matchup in the meta, I ban Lux in all lanes, she does a metric fuckton of damage right now and sustains so well.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stefan Prodan posted:

This is a big pet peeve of mine because Will Smith very clearly enunciates earth in the movie

i mean... yeah.... but the opportunities right there....

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Mandela effect spotted

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Just pick tanks. I mean, lux is a good midlaner, but I'd much rather have an ali or Leona or taric etc in bot lane right now.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'd be ok with a lux support if they just bought a loving sightstone and warded occasionally.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I’m a Zyra main who doesn’t buy sightstone ever, get at me nerds, I gotta do damage if none of these fucks on my team can or will :clint:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

*makes it significantly harder for teammates to succeed*

as you can see, this is why i have to b uild full damage

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
why is veigar so fun

EVEN NOW YOUR LOVED ONES SUFFER

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Teikanmi posted:

I’m a Zyra main who doesn’t buy sightstone ever, get at me nerds, I gotta do damage if none of these fucks on my team can or will :clint:

:thunk:
Zyra sounds miserable to play without having vision of the enemy

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

How Rude posted:

:thunk:
Zyra sounds miserable to play without having vision of the enemy

He's joking

NaotoSaysNo
Jul 1, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

Just pick tanks.

Actual really good advice.

Playing without a tank in this game isn't too unlike playing without a Reinhardt in Overwatch. It makes the game a lot harder because there's nobody to designate where and what the front and back line are so you're forced to play around split pushing and picks, which nobody on soloq can actually do so it's really just a fiesta. Tanks, especially engage oriented ones like Sejuani, Maokai, Leona etc, just make everything so much easier due to the wealth of CC they bring along with encouraging a teamfight oriented playstyle which everyone is familiar with and actually defining the lines. They make it a lot easier to engage on your terms while also bringing a response to whatever became a problem in the game.

Diana got fed? who cares lol im maokai WQR youre locked down forever get hosed idiot
Riven trying to do some fancy poo poo? Nautilus auto's her once and she never gets to play the game ever again
Irelia trying to run your backline down?

The easiest games I've had where the ones in which my team had 2 tanks. If you drafted a team with no tanks against a team with 2 tanks you should probably dodge.

Just pick tanks.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
But I need to pick lucian top

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Yea but tanks are boring to play both as and against, so actually there should be no tanks in the game at all

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

If you aren't having fun ensuring the yasuo/riven/diana/yi/udyr/whatever solo q bullshit of the week doesn't get to do anything in fights I just don't want to know you.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

why be good when you can play draven

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Please tell me you 100-0 the Ashe with one auto at least one time

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Teikanmi posted:

Please tell me you 100-0 the Ashe with one auto at least one time

https://plays.tv/video/5a473d4e8185adef50/draven?from=user

This was before I bought ghostblade.

If I had 5 or 6 items or baron it would have been an instakill

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
hot bonus methanar content

https://plays.tv/video/5a473dbbbb86ab10b4/draven

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
gotta say it's pretty funny when the entire team starts to spam question pings and tilt so I /muteall and then get the team player gg didn't tilt commend at the end of the match

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I was sad it wasn’t a one shot but the panic flash made it a worthy click

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Boxman posted:

If you aren't having fun ensuring the yasuo/riven/diana/yi/udyr/whatever solo q bullshit of the week doesn't get to do anything in fights I just don't want to know you.

Pretty much

E: also why I love malzahar

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

duck trucker posted:

I'd be ok with a lux support if they just bought a loving sightstone and warded occasionally.

i would not be okay with a lux support because lux support is almost impossible to control the minion wave with and if she uses bindings aggressively and misses you can easily be all inned or heavy traded against

busb posted:

Yea but tanks are boring to play both as and against, so actually there should be no tanks in the game at all

playing tanks is some of the most fun i have in league of legends. i love to have 5 thousand health and 300 armour against a 5AD (or 4 and 1 AP support) team and just be a giant problem the enemy team has to deal with

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

pog boyfriend posted:

playing tanks is some of the most fun i have in league of legends. i love to have 5 thousand health and 300 armour against a 5AD (or 4 and 1 AP support) team and just be a giant problem the enemy team has to deal with

:agreed:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
What's the deal with Aatrox sucking so bad?

His jungling is slow, top becomes unsalvageable if you die even once, passive is a joke, stun is unreliable and can be interrupted midflight, the beam is mediocre and his ult is just boring garbage.

The sword toggling would be good if he didn't have all this other baggage dragging him down.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

languishing in The Eve Zone while riot remakes him

hes weirdly OK right now since they hosed around with all his abilities, no one has a single clue how any of his skills work so people that main him can snowball pretty well through sheer ignorance of the opposition.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gortarius posted:

His jungling is slow, top becomes unsalvageable if you die even once, passive is a joke, stun is unreliable and can be interrupted midflight, the beam is mediocre and his ult is just boring garbage.

The sword toggling would be good if he didn't have all this other baggage dragging him down.

Aatrox was developed at the tail end of Riot's previous design philosophy, which involved rapid champion releases without a huge amount of prototyping. Results tended to vary wildly: you either got true classics that sometimes redefined entire roles (Lee Sin, Thresh), or you got middling garbage that clearly didn't see enough playtesting (Quinn, Aatrox). He's been on their radar for a while by their own admission, but they've consistently had problems nailing down what actually constitutes Aatrox's "identity" and, thus, what kind of kit they could build around him to define his particular fantasy.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gortarius posted:

the character is just a weird modern example of league of legends bruiser design where they put random stats on a guy until they can scrap. but with aatrox it is even worse since they are all situational and not immediately obvious as to what is going on. for example kayle presses e and you can hear the difference in how her attacks work and it is like ahh i see what is going on, with aatrox he just does some poo poo and suddenly he attacks faster or does more damage. the character is pretty alright but riot dropped the ball on the design portion of this

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Aatrox is a strong defining line between the old design philosophy of Riot and their new one. Pretty much every champion after his release has what I'd consider modern champion design, mostly in terms of kit synergy and a strong aesthetic/"fantasy" hook. They haven't had a single clunker since his release, and they've only had to seriously rework elements of one of them (Azir).

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Throw

Another

Rock

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Throw

Another

Rock

Problems should be broken up into little pieces!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It seems like many people have unexpected lag this holiday season

What is the solution?