Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Xbone thread never lets me down.

PUBG in this thread: Bad game, for bad and unskilled players, completely luck based, not interesting to competitive players
PUBG in real life: The most popular game on Twitch for the last 6 months by a huge margin, dominated by the world's best CS:GO players who always have incredibly good "luck" as they make $50k a week playing it

Popular and good are not the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Also games being watched on Twitch are generally being played in a way that doesn't work for the population at large (e.g. fighting games which don't really work outside of top tier play), in other words are interesting to watch but not necessarily to play. The truly great games are way down the list of Twitch viewers.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

univbee posted:

Also games being watched on Twitch are generally being played in a way that doesn't work for the population at large (e.g. fighting games which don't really work outside of top tier play), in other words are interesting to watch but not necessarily to play. The truly great games are way down the list of Twitch viewers.

How are people watching Secret Of Mana? How are people streaming it?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Seedge posted:

How are people watching Secret Of Mana? How are people streaming it?

Or, you know, emulator and a few minutes of loving with OBS, one of the two.

Although if you meant that question more rhetorically, all but 9 of those viewers are watching a guy speedrunning the game.

univbee fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 31, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Lmao

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Boxed Forza 7 is $40 at my local Walmart. That was quick - they're still asking 50 for Forza Horizon 2.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

univbee posted:

Or, you know, emulator and a few minutes of loving with OBS, one of the two.

Although if you meant that question more rhetorically, all but 9 of those viewers are watching a guy speedrunning the game.

For some reason my mind was stuck on that awful looking remake that's coming in Feb.

Preorder now for tiger and moogle costumes

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

There's a lot of people (especially what looks like British folks, going by the URLs) taking his statements the way they want to take them, yes.

No, he's eplicitly saying it's Xbone exclusive "for now", but they want it to be on all consoles eventually.

And Spencer obviously doesn't have unlimited funds, otherwise Microsoft's games lineup wouldn't be this barren and devoid of any creativity.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Balthesar posted:

While you've worded it in a way that makes it seem like a bad opinion, he's not wrong. Games cost way too much to develop now, but that is the fault of developers chasing stupid poo poo like accurate shadows on grains of sand and other frivolous graphical enhancements.

I'm fully aware of bloated budgets, and I'd say it's the fault of everyone involved - both consumers and the development/publishing side, but a developer trying to use it to justify an open world game where the entire city from the first game was reused but with a brown filter and some rubble is just lol.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Akuma posted:

Broad appeal which includes your particularly group does not mean some different group is excluded from the appeal you dummy. Ya big galoot.

YOU'RE A GALOOT.

(Look around maybe and ask other groups besides me and my friends.)

Fame Douglas posted:

No, he's eplicitly saying it's Xbone exclusive "for now", but they want it to be on all consoles eventually.

And Spencer obviously doesn't have unlimited funds, otherwise Microsoft's games lineup wouldn't be this barren and devoid of any creativity.

Obviously there are not unlimited funds but lol, just lol, if you can't/won't read between the lines to see the article writer's bias.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
you should toxx that pubg wont come to another console in 2018

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

PUBG on the 3DS and switch for fall 2018. Phone PUBG royale on phones early 2019. PS4 gets a remaster in 2020.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Obviously there are not unlimited funds but lol, just lol, if you can't/won't read between the lines to see the article writer's bias.

What "article writer's bias"? This is from an interview with their CEO:

quote:

Inven: Many players also wonder when the PS version will be launched.

CH Kim: As it’s going to be an exclusive title on Xbox One for some time, we’d like to focus on completing the Xbox One PUBG for now. If we have the opportunity, the final goal would be to launch the title on every platform.

Their agreement on this is so weak PUBG aren't even doing the usual of just straight out lying about exclusivity or being obtuse.

Fame Douglas fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jan 1, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

What "article writer's bias"? This is from an interview with their CEO:

Their agreement on this is so weak PUBG aren't even doing the usual of just straight out lying about exclusivity or being obtuse.

Okay, friend. Whatever you say.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

You guys argue about weird poo poo.

I've been having fun playing Witcher 3 in 4k. Also the countdown sale was really good and I bought lots of games for little money.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

You guys argue about weird poo poo.

I've been having fun playing Witcher 3 in 4k. Also the countdown sale was really good and I bought lots of games for little money.

Why arent you playing at 60 fps?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Real hurthling! posted:

Why arent you playing at 60 fps?

I try to select performance but it keeps kicking back to 4k for some reason. Maybe I am just too retarded to keep it switched.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thats a cool xbox feature like when i get booted to menu so my profile can be logged in and i lose progress as has happened twice this week

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Why is your dumbass so bad at staying logged in? Not even your Xbox wants you to touch it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Turns out xbl is not stable

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Haven’t had issues with xbl, maybe check your router or isp

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No hypothetical router trouble should give a console the right to force an offline game to menu and lose player progress

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Your xbox read what you said in this thread about it and is being passive aggressive.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I try to select performance but it keeps kicking back to 4k for some reason. Maybe I am just too retarded to keep it switched.

That's a bug on the button itself. It *looks* like it switched back but you're still really in performance mode.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

8k tvs looking nice

When's that xbox one x 360 elite coming out?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As much crap as I'm talking about PUBG I also kind of can't stop playing it lol.

Still can't shake the feeling of "I want this, but good" though.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

veni veni veni posted:

As much crap as I'm talking about PUBG I also kind of can't stop playing it lol.

buy a PC then

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

can't shake the feeling of "I want this, but good"

New thread title

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

8k tvs looking nice

When's that xbox one x 360 elite coming out?

alright 8 k has to be that magical ppi density beyond which resolution really doesn't amatter right???

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ethanol posted:

alright 8 k has to be that magical ppi density beyond which resolution really doesn't amatter right???

Douchy kids are going to bring jewelers loupes to their friend's house and say "This isn't 16K, I can see the pixels, this is an 8K TV. I didn't know your family was so poor."

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ethanol posted:

Resolution is kind of weird because of your ability to focus on a small area.

From what I've read, it sounds like your general all-encompassing view is somewhere around 4K resolution, but you can focus on a spot equivalent to something like 1% of your viewing area and have THAT show up as 4K (with the rest being blurred).

In theory, if you had two projectors and an eye tracker that could insta-render a 4K image where you're looking that would be as high as you could see.

Of course with 3D rendering there are other variables at play, like you get a better picture by supersampling at a resolution higher than the final output.

There's also the whole color depth thing (not helped by the fact that there are three-ish somewhat-competing standards), framerate, and audio (we also have 3 competing standards on the upper end between Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro3D, all of which handle things somewhat differently)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

8K might be nice down the road for VR. Can't imagine giving a poo poo about it for a TV.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

Douchy kids are going to bring jewelers loupes to their friend's house and say "This isn't 16K, I can see the pixels, this is an 8K TV. I didn't know your family was so poor."

Then they tell them to get a PC.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
The ultimate fact is we're probably an order of magnitude away on both fps and resolution from where we reach the point that people of normal eyesight can no longer notice a difference from improvements. That thing about its easy for your eye to focus in tight on one smaller piece of a screen that when viewed all together is detailed enough has really got it.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
How big is big enough as an extra HDD for the Xbonx?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Adaptabullshit posted:

I slapped a 3 terabyte drive I got for free from some company onto my Xbone X with the 1 terabyte internal, and with a bunch of Xbone and 360 titles installed (like hundreds) I've still got a good 2 terabytes free.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Adaptabullshit posted:

I put a 2TB on mine and I have ~20 games installed with 1.6TB space left over.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

fishmech posted:

I slapped a 3 terabyte drive I got for free from some company onto my Xbone X with the 1 terabyte internal, and with a bunch of Xbone and 360 titles installed (like hundreds) I've still got a good 2 terabytes free.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I put a 2TB on mine and I have ~20 games installed with 1.6TB space left over.

Sweet, thanks. The new years sales have good deals on 2+TB drives that are surprisingly compact, so will have to drop a few on those.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

It will get to be where it needs to be. Im still convinced it's the engine that needs the most work on the PC and Xbox. That's a whole other can of worms that the CEO of playerunknown's has called out unreal about already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Adaptabullshit posted:

Depends on the games you'll be installing, newer AAA games especially with the 4K assets are starting to break past 100 gigs.