Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Ashrik posted:

This is the headset I've had for the past year. Love them. They work great. Coincidentally, they're also what Chocotaco uses.

Thanks for the feedback (and also the other person who responded).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
The question was about getting more practice, not winning.

Solo vs. squad is great practice. , especially when you make it into the Top 10.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The first step is identifying what exactly you’re bad at. Are you bad at cqc, long range sniping, or urban warfare? Do you just stand around instead of adad + crouch spam?

Back when I played this game a lot I wanted to get good, so what id do is drop on the busiest places and try to kill everyone, then when I die assess why I died. Did I push too quickly? Did I accidentally switch guns when standing up to shoot from cover?

Self analyzing why you you died is a great way to get better at any video game and the new replay feature makes it easier to do so

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

fletcher posted:

I use Adobe Premiere. I am pretty much a pro if you want to ask me any questions, here's my demo reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L60Qsg7-eo0

Ah thanks. All I really need to do is lower the resolution so it's not an ungodly huge file.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

that's a pretty big collection. but like others said you put all that poo poo on an hdd. i got a 4 terabyte harddrive for movies and music. i haven't had my games and os on anything but an ssd for close to a decade at this point.

this is how i do. actually got to 7th on my last game but that was a frustrating one because i kept trying to start fights just to practice and teams would just load up in a jeep and drive away once i start sniping. fight me you cowards. i only ended up killing a guy who landed near me but away from his squad and then someone near the end trying to outrun the blue.

A cute trick I've seen people do is to use suppressed handguns to pop tires. Handgun suppressors are reasonably common and iirc you can't hear them at all (not even the muffled retort) outside of 100m so you can ninja people's tires before picking the fight. If they try and load into the car, they're basically sitting ducks.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

A move like is if you see a car that is clearly someone’s outside of the next circle I’ll shoot the tires out, then wait near the edge of the circle for them and force them into a bad engagement against me or to die to the blue.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Travic posted:

Ah thanks. All I really need to do is lower the resolution so it's not an ungodly huge file.

I think a simple program that can handle that is "Handbrake". Handbrake also can force the file to have a constant FPS (which I think helps resolve audio desync issues when you try to use the edit later in other editing software.

I'm only doing basic cuts, and "Hitfilm 4 Express" works fine for a free solution. I'm no expert at all in any of this though.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Do you just stand around instead of adad + crouch spam?
Okay - I am bad. That said, in my experience, trying to juke side to side gives me a huge bullet spread and I can't hit poo poo. Additionally, whenever I go into a fight crouching (or just crouch incidentally) I get shot in the brain pretty much immediately. What would be the best 'strategy' if you do come on someone out in the open and it's just an even 1 on 1, no cover?

If you're tracking someone, know where they are, and trying to get the jump on them, do you want to be crouching behind cover and leaning to minimize bullet spread and your own exposure?

I seem to lose most 50/50 fights and I want to know why :mad:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

TracerBullet posted:

Okay - I am bad. That said, in my experience, trying to juke side to side gives me a huge bullet spread and I can't hit poo poo. Additionally, whenever I go into a fight crouching (or just crouch incidentally) I get shot in the brain pretty much immediately. What would be the best 'strategy' if you do come on someone out in the open and it's just an even 1 on 1, no cover?

If you're tracking someone, know where they are, and trying to get the jump on them, do you want to be crouching behind cover and leaning to minimize bullet spread and your own exposure?

I seem to lose most 50/50 fights and I want to know why :mad:

Yeah during firefights you don’t exactly have to do those things, but if you’re standing around waiting you should

For instance yesterday I finally found an SKS to replace my AKM, crouched down, and started doing my thing. I had just checked the rooflines so I thought I was good to go since I was in the third floor and I had a level three helmet, so I didn’t do any movement spam

As soon as I picked the gun up my brain was splattered against the wall by an M14 guy who could just barely see the top of my helmet from the roof of the building next door

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Never don't move

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Unless you should don't move, like this guy didn't: https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalFastGuanacoSmoocherZ

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

lol at that video but most of all its title

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
that feeling when it's you and another dude in the last circle, you have a Groza but you 8x Kar98 headshot him from 10m instead

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You know who else used the Kar98k?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Star Man posted:

Steamboat Willy?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
No idea but every game I get a helmet 3 I end up getting 1 shot by an m24

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Paingod556 posted:

Steamboat Willy?

The Nazis. I'm making a joke about the Nazis.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

Star Man posted:

Is that you PFT

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I somehow thought I could outshoot the guy who's been getting nothing but kar98 headshots all game in the last 1v1

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
"cheaters havent touched FPP"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jarRKRLs-PU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Third game in a row I got headshot instantly by some Chinese name with no match history

What region do they play on least?

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

Xenaero posted:

Asia

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Christmas is over but maybe by Christmas 2018 we'll have region lock and rootkit anti-cheat

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Playing squad FPP just now with Herstory Begins Now and drop on Mylta. Find 3 K98s and two Mini 14s and a fully decked out m416 with 200+ rounds of 5.56 and plenty of glass. Driving across a field and HBN gets a crossbow to the head, we all have separate cars so I pull off and start sniping at the guy who has killed our other squadmate about 400m away. Suddenly the guy disappears and has speedhacked to directly left of me and 1 taps me

I think I’m done with this game for a bit

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Playing squad FPP just now with Herstory Begins Now and drop on Mylta. Find 3 K98s and two Mini 14s and a fully decked out m416 with 200+ rounds of 5.56 and plenty of glass. Driving across a field and HBN gets a crossbow to the head, we all have separate cars so I pull off and start sniping at the guy who has killed our other squadmate about 400m away. Suddenly the guy disappears and has speedhacked to directly left of me and 1 taps me

I think I’m done with this game for a bit

Every time I read "1 tap"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjzhLdDu_iM

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe

Xenaero posted:

Third game in a row I got headshot instantly by some Chinese name with no match history

I live in Asia and play on Asia. 100% of the players I've come across in random squads are Chinese and they're pretty much all chill and very willing to trade loot and call targets. It probably helps that we speak the same language though.

I have about 50 hours in so far (solo and squad 3pp) and I've only seen one obvious hacker. Maybe China just exiles all its cheaters to NA and OC? I dunno, I'm having a good time on the Asia server at least.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Ah Bad Module, truly you are the real killer. I go an entire match just fine, and am down to the last one or two zones and manage to get the drop on someone going after the air drop....when it crashes as I am shooting them. gently caress you Windows and your stupid non-helpful updates.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Xenaero posted:

the hard thing about attaching this to some kind of motive is internet cafes are still super popular in Asia so name and match history isn't really helpful

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

The replays are extreme jank and the jittery crosshair means nothing.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

That's not an aim hack at least. I'm not sure how you think he/she's cheating.

In the death cam, players' aim is quantized to save bandwidth or server memory or something, ie it's approximate. That's why all aiming looks a little weird in death cam.

E:f, b.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Xenaero posted:

Never ran into it yet, on Europe FPP. I guess they're all in bed by the time I start playing? Plus their lag would be worse than vs the US.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Parallel Playa posted:

Never don't move

If one of your teammates is firing you should be moving.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Dad Hominem posted:

I live in Asia and play on Asia. 100% of the players I've come across in random squads are Chinese and they're pretty much all chill and very willing to trade loot and call targets. It probably helps that we speak the same language though.

I have about 50 hours in so far (solo and squad 3pp) and I've only seen one obvious hacker. Maybe China just exiles all its cheaters to NA and OC? I dunno, I'm having a good time on the Asia server at least.

It's great that there are some Chinese that don't hack. However, we should ban all the Chinese to their own server because the far majority of hackers are Chinese.

Mr. Ex
Apr 21, 2013

Dad Hominem posted:

Maybe China just exiles all its cheaters to NA and OC?
It does seem like the scum of China specifically come to the NA region, probably to gently caress with us dirty whites, of course.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Ex posted:

It does seem like the scum of China specifically come to the NA region, probably to gently caress with us dirty whites, of course.

If my presence pissed off people in the AS server as much as being chinese or being latino pissed off white people on the NA servers then I'd probably play there all the time.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
I'm about 450 hours in. Only seen 1 or 2 obvious cheats/hacks. Got to #2 on solo vs. squad yesterday afternoon. Super intense. It really is good practice for getting into firefights. Double kills feel great. Triple kill is a mini-chicken dinner.

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
... and I just encountered a shoot at the floor instant headshot.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
PUBG - The agony and the ecstasy

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Bought this months ago but never really played since I couldn't get any friends onboard, figured 1.0 was just as a good of a time as any to start fresh.

Had a solid solo run with a couple of kills. Would've been three kills except a third wheel showed up as I got the jump on someone and killed us both

Feels good, but man I need to get used to how the weapons feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Three-Phase posted:

If one of your teammates is firing you should be moving.

Yes and also all the rest of the time