Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Marogareh posted:

I'm already there with a bunch of wildly different leveled servants. I've had Jeanne stuck at final ascension but still level 80 for like four months now.
At least with XP, if you get really frustrated/drunk/stupid, you can just throw caution to the wind and spend a ton of quartz/apples on the Ember grounds. It's a surmountable problem given enough time/money. But being short on mats and having to wait for events isn't something that is easy to brute force, even if you comparatively need a lot less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

LightningSquid posted:

Loving that Hans that's grailed to 100 but all of his skills are level 2

Yeah that stands out way more than the person who just loves Caster Gilles. How do they not have even the blue gems?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

At least with XP, if you get really frustrated/drunk/stupid, you can just throw caution to the wind and spend a ton of quartz/apples on the Ember grounds. It's a surmountable problem given enough time/money. But being short on mats and having to wait for events isn't something that is easy to brute force, even if you comparatively need a lot less.

I've been telling myself to hold out on apples for events only but once half ap embers start they all disappear.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

JP maintenance ends, only to begin again thanks to Foreigners.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Man the JP servers are getting hammered. It was only up for about 30 minutes this time.

Managed to get my guaranteed pull in since I had iTunes money ready anyway, and got Herc and Merlin. Probably the best single pull I've had in this game haha. They can wait for Frankenstein and CasGil to finish being maxed out first though.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

EGSunBro posted:

Yeah that stands out way more than the person who just loves Caster Gilles. How do they not have even the blue gems?

I see this in NA too.

I have a guy with a level 100 Gilgamesh on my friends list (already a weird choice, 5 grails for 10 levels is such a waste, really), and all of his skills are level 1. There's just absolutely no reason to spend all that EXP without touching the skills and it's insane that that's the case.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I am constantly using apples on ember grinding because I am very dumb and I love to watch numbers go up

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
There is absolutely no way that Notes will be in Fate/Grand Order. For one thing, IIRC the date that Notes is set in is called "Overcount 1999" or something like that, not X1900. For another, TYPES are WAAAAAAAAAYYYY outside the power level of Servants, even Chaldea Servants powered by like 12 Holy Grails. They are the strongest life forms on their respective planets, and each one had the power to extinct humanity on their own. The only reasons people in Notes could fight them is because the Six trapped two of them in the atmosphere, Gun God had an OP weapon seemingly made specifically to kill the unkillable, and because the A-Rays in Notes, essentially, super powered biomechanical knights, are OP as gently caress. Any of the Types could just stomp our poo poo into the ground without even noticing.

Besides, the world of Notes is explicitly dead. The only reason "humans" still exist is because they had advanced technology that allowed them to artifically evolve themselves to become more than human. Gun God is the only "true" human left, and he dies at the end of the story after multiple mentions that the environment is so hostile to him the only way he even lived that long is because of vitamin supplements. What business does Chaldea have with a failed world?

Now, that said, I have no doubt that Singularity is set in the future, but it won't be Notes. Maybe it'll be a timeline with a living EMIYA and we'll get Muramasa from it.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Stallion Cabana posted:

I see this in NA too.

I have a guy with a level 100 Gilgamesh on my friends list (already a weird choice, 5 grails for 10 levels is such a waste, really), and all of his skills are level 1. There's just absolutely no reason to spend all that EXP without touching the skills and it's insane that that's the case.

You could make an argument for it in that a level 100 support will get chosen a lot more than a level 90, generating more friend points.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Trip report, having finally gotten a chance to try out Lancer Artoria Alter in earnest for the Archer daily: level 70, level 4 Protection of World's End, Buster chain, MLBed Victor of the Moon, last card crits. 84,000 damage on a non-NP Buster.

Yeah that's alright, for a non-Merlin non-Jalter start to that sort of thing.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
With how many Japanese servants they've added to the game, I wonder if we'll ever get an Admiral Yi Rider that deals extra damage to Japanese. It's high time that they add a Korean servant.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I want them to but god drat it's going to be such a clusterfuck not sure if its going to be worth it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theyve added a bunch of chinese servants since the game launched in China, and the Korean servers have been up for a couple of months. I doubt they'll do Admiral Yi or anyone involved in the wars with Japan for a variety of reasons, but they could do someone from Korea's Three Kingdoms period. Like Gaebaek, that'd be a fun berserker. Give him a gimmick associated with damaging his other two party members to boost himself or something.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Trip report, having finally gotten a chance to try out Lancer Artoria Alter in earnest for the Archer daily: level 70, level 4 Protection of World's End, Buster chain, MLBed Victor of the Moon, last card crits. 84,000 damage on a non-NP Buster.

Yeah that's alright, for a non-Merlin non-Jalter start to that sort of thing.

I think my personal best was the other day on JP where I had lancer Raikou buffed with er own stuff, Merlin, and a couple other buffs pull a 196k crit.

Crit teams get pretty ridiculous when the stars align.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I got Shuten in my paid roll and i'm pretty psyched

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Jeanne Alter!!! I got pretty drat lucky.

I then rolled by apologems and spare left overs on trying to reunite Abby with her sister but failed. :(

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Sejong is OP in Civ V. He’d be a good choice.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Rolling in the hopes of getting Lancer Artoria

got Hercules instead

Hey, I'll take it :toot:

(Rate up is a lie)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Apparently part of the reason for the extremely extended maintenance is that some of the user's account data have problems?

http://news.fate-go.jp/2018/0101swos/

Not a good look for DW.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Got Tesla from the summon ticket we got for New Years. Something told me to throw it at the London banner.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also they dropped the New Year goodies:

https://webview.fate-go.us/2018/0101_newyear_cp/
18 Quartz
18 Apples
18 EXP cards
3 Summon Tickets
And a free 4* CE with a pointless effect. But hey, nice art/

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Up to 160 quartz now with no new servant. This is my catalyst for all the bad mojo apparently.

edit: 190 quartz, wow black keys. Kill me.

Tae fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 1, 2018

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Pureauthor posted:

Also they dropped the New Year goodies:

https://webview.fate-go.us/2018/0101_newyear_cp/
18 Quartz
18 Apples
18 EXP cards
3 Summon Tickets
And a free 4* CE with a pointless effect. But hey, nice art/

the effect is pretty useless, but the +2018 HP isn't the worst thing in the world for defensive servants

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Bakanogami posted:

I just beat Babylonia this week and I lost it when they mentioned something about how the South American gods were a bit special due to influence they'd received from a creature who fell from the skies there a long time ago, or something like that.

To clarify, south american gods apparently came from extraterrestrial bacteria that entered symbiosis with earth creatures.

Motto posted:

There's another special welfare down the line with ascension mats and varied sprites/art like Lily, but they're more well designed than just another artoria skillset but with nerfed stats.

Who?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

I believe they mean Bunyan.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bunyan

e: yeah I was saying that as a funfact more than anything

Motto fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 1, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bunyan barely counts since they're bronze, so the ascension mats really aren't a problem

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Bunyan has 1* requirements, she's super cheap to boost.

Gologle posted:

There is absolutely no way that Notes will be in Fate/Grand Order. For one thing, IIRC the date that Notes is set in is called "Overcount 1999" or something like that, not X1900. For another, TYPES are WAAAAAAAAAYYYY outside the power level of Servants, even Chaldea Servants powered by like 12 Holy Grails. They are the strongest life forms on their respective planets, and each one had the power to extinct humanity on their own. The only reasons people in Notes could fight them is because the Six trapped two of them in the atmosphere, Gun God had an OP weapon seemingly made specifically to kill the unkillable, and because the A-Rays in Notes, essentially, super powered biomechanical knights, are OP as gently caress. Any of the Types could just stomp our poo poo into the ground without even noticing.

Besides, the world of Notes is explicitly dead. The only reason "humans" still exist is because they had advanced technology that allowed them to artifically evolve themselves to become more than human. Gun God is the only "true" human left, and he dies at the end of the story after multiple mentions that the environment is so hostile to him the only way he even lived that long is because of vitamin supplements. What business does Chaldea have with a failed world?

Now, that said, I have no doubt that Singularity is set in the future, but it won't be Notes. Maybe it'll be a timeline with a living EMIYA and we'll get Muramasa from it.

Nasu did say FGO presented him the unique opportunity to showcase all the large-scale stuff he couldn't use before.
Also I think you missed the bit where Chaldea, with ingenuity, cooperation and a good bit of sheer luck, prevailed against world-ending threats. You know, the Beasts? And Sefar in Extella, for that matter.
Also this new arc is explicitly about servants born from discarded histories (described as "hard mode" compared to the prevailing history's "easy mode") and bringing back the human-hostile AoG.

Not that I think they'll show up, but your arguments are not very strong.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 1, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If your argument for why something interesting won't happen is 'it contradicts lore established in a random materials book fifteen years ago,' you care way more about the Nasuverse lore than Nasu. He very obviously only cares about it up to the point that it helps him, or the people he works with, tell a compelling story - rules and established plot points have been broken dozens of times already. Remember when you could only summon the Hassans as Assassins unless you did some convoluted ritual? Remember when Avenger was a distortion in the system exclusive to Angra Mainyu? Remember when gods weren't summonable no matter what? Remember when Emiya being summoned was due to a very specific series of events and circumstances? Heck, remember when Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night were meant to be different universes/timelines?

He very, very obviously is willing to discard just about anything if it gets in the way of a story he wants to tell. Not that he doesn't care about the lore or the rules at all, but he's willing to bend them. The story itself comes first, the lore just exists to support the stories.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Endorph posted:

If your argument for why something interesting won't happen is 'it contradicts lore established in a random materials book fifteen years ago,' you care way more about the Nasuverse lore than Nasu. He very obviously only cares about it up to the point that it helps him, or the people he works with, tell a compelling story - rules and established plot points have been broken dozens of times already. Remember when you could only summon the Hassans as Assassins unless you did some convoluted ritual? Remember when Avenger was a distortion in the system exclusive to Angra Mainyu? Remember when gods weren't summonable no matter what? Remember when Emiya being summoned was due to a very specific series of events and circumstances? Heck, remember when Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night were meant to be different universes/timelines?

He very, very obviously is willing to discard just about anything if it gets in the way of a story he wants to tell. Not that he doesn't care about the lore or the rules at all, but he's willing to bend them. The story itself comes first, the lore just exists to support the stories.

Don't forget about how the 7 class system was only in Fuyuki's Holy Grail rule system, not the standard basis of all Grail Wars.

Or maybe I'm misremembering that.

Bakanogami posted:

You could make an argument for it in that a level 100 support will get chosen a lot more than a level 90, generating more friend points.

This sort of makes sense but I always look at skill levels and then I see his are all level 1 and I pick a level 80 or 90 Gil with level 10 Charisma instead. But this game can be really obtuse with poo poo like that; I have several friends in my list who are clearly playing this game every day and are still only using Mash as their single support because the game doesn't really explain about changing your support list.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fuckin finally. Didn't spend outside my means but I am loving not spending a penny until anniversary gacha. Gacha is bad civilization, everyone.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Stallion Cabana posted:

Don't forget about how the 7 class system was only in Fuyuki's Holy Grail rule system, not the standard basis of all Grail Wars.

Or maybe I'm misremembering that.

I think it was the Grail System =/= Throne of Heroes.

With the Throne more being meant for the sort of thing Chaldea actually runs as. (IE saving the world)

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Rolling in the hopes of getting Lancer Artoria

got Hercules instead

Hey, I'll take it :toot:

(Rate up is a lie)

Same thing happened to me, except I also got a second Stheno which is worse than not getting that.

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!
Happy New Years Everyone!

May the Gacha Deites bless you with good rolls and Kotomine have you rejoice with Mapo Tofo and Black Keys.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

only took me a single roll

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
did they release any new cute boys in JP

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
No

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
330 quartz and more than 10 tickets, and no Fran. Orz
I'm giving up. She's not coming.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Endorph posted:

You're right of course. But the reason people consistently try to argue that X will or won't happen based on the lore is because while Nasu is never afraid to break a rule, he has a VERY consistent track record of showing his work. It's very rare for him to just toss an established rule out, or break it without explaining HOW it was broken, or go far out of his way to explain an exception. The Assassin-Hassan-Only rule is pretty much the only one I can think of, and even then Apocrypha is the only story where the rule is actually broken because every other story where non-Hassan Assassins appear doesn't use the Fuyuki Grail, and Apocrypha involves that system being modified by the two team failsafe, so even that has some cover.

The reason Nasuland attracts lore hounds and rules lawyers is because he's provided a level of really good consistency in this area DESPITE his willingness to do whatever for good storytelling. Almost every time something new comes in it slots in relatively seamlessly and expands the setting's possibilities rather than creating frustration, as many authors do with worldbuilding on this scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Could have been worse. I didn't have a 5* Rider anyway