Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mandrel posted:

New KOTOR episode is literally 25 minutes of menus. They start playing at around minute 25 of 29. Jesus christ guys, if it’s going to be sub 30 minute episodes at a glacial pace at least edit some of this stuff out

Edit: at minute 28 he goes back into the menus, then tries to start pazaak up before pat yells at him. There is 3 minutes of gameplay in this video.

:getin: Amazing LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

i actually would be excited for this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well they sure as gently caress did better on Geography than I would've.

Loved the reveal that they skipped the mission introducing new mechanics to then go do them out of order and create backtracking for themselves though.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

RareAcumen posted:

Well they sure as gently caress did better on Geography than I would've.

Do Americans just see a map of somewhere else and then sit there angrily honking and slapping themselves in the face or something?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nilbop posted:

Do Americans just see a map of somewhere else and then sit there angrily honking and slapping themselves in the face or something?

Geography isn't a topic American Education covers much and because of lack of funding half of the maps teachers/schools use were last updated sometime between the Cuban Missile Crisis and the actual end of the Cold War, so.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nilbop posted:

Can't speak for everyone, since I'm only one person of no authority, but I just don't know places. Thank for GPS because I'd be lost all the time without it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Nilbop posted:

"There's all those places I'm probably never gonna be able to go."

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Everybody should be forced to play paradox games until they know every geographical area perfectly

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Andrast posted:

Everybody should be forced to play paradox games until they know every geographical area perfectly
I've got the hyperlanes from Sirius to Alpha Centauri mapped in my brain flawlessly, can't forget that poo poo or you'll be making extra hyperspace jumps you don't need to which is bad when you need to get Battleships to the front lines faster~

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nilbop posted:

I wouldn't know, considering I learned how to read DeLorme maps when I was seven.

Captain Invictus posted:

I've got the hyperlanes from Sirius to Alpha Centauri mapped in my brain flawlessly, can't forget that poo poo or you'll be making extra hyperspace jumps you don't need to which is bad when you need to get Battleships to the front lines faster~
Except I always use modded starting positions, and with warp drive all the time~

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 31, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Enjoy that while it lasts since the Cherryh update will switch to hyperlanes only :smugdog:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Andrast posted:

No joke, I learned a lot about Europe from Crusader Kings II.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I guess Liam had a tough year? He’s thanking everyone for sticking by him on his twitter feed and literally listing like 2 dozen people ... although people are noticing Pat’s name isn’t on there.

Which is fine. I never got the impression they got on at all and I doubt either would ever go out of their way for the other.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Nilbop posted:

I guess Liam had a tough year? He’s thanking everyone for sticking by him on his twitter feed and literally listing like 2 dozen people ... although people are noticing Pat’s name isn’t on there.

Which is fine. I never got the impression they got on at all and I doubt either would ever go out of their way for the other.

That seems a little harsh; you make it sound like the two almost resent each other. I mean, it's obvious Liam didn't connect with Pat as much as Matt or Woolie but I'm sure they wish each other well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He seemed to be doing alright with his streaming thing, but maybe the streaming world is just getting really way too competitive for him to make a living from it? Or is it a different type of "sticking with him"? Did something happen?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Think Liams PSN got hacked and he's got anxiety issues right?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah but I thought those got fixed a while ago, unless his account got hosed up again after he was playing nier automata months ago

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Is he taking anti-anxiety pills like I am? (Sertraline or higher)

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He said he has issues with anxiety when he quit SBFP, yeah. I don't watch Lima Bean's streams though, so I wouldn't know his particular situation.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

hoobajoo posted:

That seems a little harsh; you make it sound like the two almost resent each other. I mean, it's obvious Liam didn't connect with Pat as much as Matt or Woolie but I'm sure they wish each other well.

Yeah that came off as a little harsh. That’s probably just my ole New Year’s Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey talkin’. I’m sure there’s nothing there.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

pat made liam leave because of his poor taste in anime

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GulagDolls posted:

pat made liam leave because of his poor taste in anime

He couldn't have had THAT poor a taste if the group gave him the second blu-ray set of Gurren Lagann.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TaurusOxford posted:

He couldn't have had THAT poor a taste.....Gurren Lagann.

Hmmmm.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Woolie: "Only a strong tongue can get through [a mario pipe plugged by a yoshi fruit]"
Matt: "Yes, only Larkin Love"
jesuschrist

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I mean, the titular mech's design is cool. :shrug:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This is Non-normines anime zone

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tae posted:

This is Non-normines anime zone
I wanna see Pat and Paige simulcast a watch of Tatami Galaxy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Holy loving poo poo, Pat's mouth bone story right now in Paige's stream.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Holy loving poo poo, Pat's mouth bone story right now in Paige's stream.

Mouth bone? could you elaborate?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Today I learn that Pat's dad is shorter than him

Not because he's a dwarf or anything, it's because he lost his legs to polio

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

havenwaters posted:

Mouth bone? could you elaborate?

Paige. Paige paige paige. Paige. Paiiiiige.

This stream is actually required viewing now. I'll timestamp as soon as they upload on youtube, holy poo poo.

Anyways for the bone mouth thing, gotta see Pat explain it, but the short of it is: he lost a tooth at some point and loving jammed it back up there. Years later, he finally got it looked at and they were gonna just put a permanent replacement thing, but whoops, he went on with a dead tooth for so drat long, his mandible didn't have bone for a tooth there anymore, it was just an empty space, so they had to graft bone into it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

Today I learn that Pat's dad is shorter than him

Not because he's a dwarf or anything, it's because he lost his legs to polio
well that fuckin sucks, bet he's happy to see that poo poo basically getting eradicated within his lifetime even if it wasn't fast enough to save his legs

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Anyways for the bone mouth thing, gotta see Pat explain it, but the short of it is: he lost a tooth at some point and loving jammed it back up there. Years later, he finally got it looked at and they were gonna just put a permanent replacement thing, but whoops, he went on with a dead tooth for so drat long, his mandible didn't have bone for a tooth there anymore, it was just an empty space, so they had to graft bone into it.
I legitimately got wisps of an anxiety attack just reading this, JESUS loving CHRIIIIIST PAT

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Paige. Paige paige paige. Paige. Paiiiiige.

This stream is actually required viewing now. I'll timestamp as soon as they upload on youtube, holy poo poo.

Was this during Pat's retail hell? Because that's not the only injury he put up with for too drat long because he couldn't afford it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Paige is sharing some horrifying stories about her life right now.

This relationship is going to end in an accidental double suicide.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Gah pat. Okay I'll need to watch this stream when it's on youtube.

What other injuries Neo, I forgot stuff (this is magusdraco if you couldn't tell)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Paige is sharing some horrifying stories about her life right now.

This relationship is going to end in an accidental double suicide.
It's like New Years has become a yearly tradition in which Paige and Pat talk about how hosed up their lives are.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Why does Matt keep saying "Terrace" like that?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Roach Warehouse posted:

Because that's roughly the french pronunciation or something

edit: And he probably likes saying Tear rear end

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Neo_Crimson posted:

Was this during Pat's retail hell? Because that's not the only injury he put up with for too drat long because he couldn't afford it.

He wasn't sure, and thought it could've even been after meeting Paige. He did talk about a different injury he put up with for too drat long, tho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

That got you, and not Guym?