Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

receiving core

receiving corps :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So if the Saints beat the Panthers, the Falcons beat the Rams, the Saints beat the Vikings and the Falcons beat the Eagles...

NFC Championship game in the Superdome: Saints/Falcons

Goddamn there would be some carnage...

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Would just like to wish a giant gently caress you to everyone that plays for or coaches the offense for the Carolina Panthers.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Silly Burrito posted:

So if the Saints beat the Panthers, the Falcons beat the Rams, the Saints beat the Vikings and the Falcons beat the Eagles...

NFC Championship game in the Superdome: Saints/Falcons

Goddamn there would be some carnage...

Zero chance. Atlanta offense is such garbo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

At least we're not the Ravens.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Every NFC beat layoff team looks pretty beatable. I think it’ll end up being Minn or LA that goes all the way, but Carolina is probably the only one that would truly surprise me.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Every NFC beat layoff team looks pretty beatable. I think it’ll end up being Minn or LA that goes all the way, but Carolina is probably the only one that would truly surprise me.

You never know with inexperienced qb's in the playoffs though. It wouldn't surprise me if Goff and Keenum wet the bed, though they both have great defenses backing them up.

Gonna be a wild ride. Good job South bros, sending 3 teams is p cool.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Playoffs bay beeeeeeeeeeeee!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

YOLOsubmarine posted:

NFC South in a third straight Super Bowl: who says no?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

NFC South in a third straight Super Bowl: who says no?

I mean I didn't think you felt this strongly about a Falcon redemption superbowl but I won't say no. Thank you for your blessing!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

weird Asian candy posted:

I mean I didn't think you felt this strongly about a Falcon redemption superbowl but I won't say no. Thank you for your blessing!

Nah, we need a team that has been proven to actually win the drat thing when they get there.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Nah, we need a team that has been proven to actually win the drat thing when they get there.

Boring

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, i feel i can nearly guarantee something equally cataclysmically stupid happening if any nfc south team makes the super bowl.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Panthers are a dumb team, the team that played the Falcons today probably loses to a Bills quality team. The one that showed up against Minnesota could beat anyone.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

Panthers are a dumb team, the team that played the Falcons today probably loses to a Bills quality team. The one that showed up against Minnesota could beat anyone.

I agree, I just don’t think the Panthers can string together three quality games in a row to do that because they’re terminally crippled by stupid coaches.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I agree, I just don’t think the Panthers can string together three quality games in a row to do that because they’re terminally crippled by stupid coaches.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Yeah I'd agree with that.

What happened to JStew? Has his back been an issue for a bit? That one shocked me to see on the injury report.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

What happened to JStew? Has his back been an issue for a bit? That one shocked me to see on the injury report.

I think it's age, he's lost that little half step of speed he used to use so well. There have been a few plays this year where the Tight End has blocked down and held off the end but he just doesn't have the burst to beat the linebacker to the corner like he once did. He doesn't seem to have the jump cut ability like he used to either. Panthers used to be able to get him on the perimeter and he'd smash any defensive back, now he's getting cut down from behind.

He'd probably be fine as a change of pace back if kept fresh but there's no true runner right now in the backfield. Fozzy is just a worse CMac and Cameron Artis-Payne is just a guy. The annoying thing is Carolina is probably the hardest team to just plug a runner into because there's all the option and multi back sets as well as the traditional running plays. I hoped during the draft that Gettleman's back to back would've been for an actual between the tackles type runner or the team would have looked for some reinforcements in FA but they just rolled with Payne and Stewart as really the only two downhill runners.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Enchiladitos they make you wanna eat'em

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ai yi yi yiiiii I love enchiladitos

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/FOX35Adam/status/947649182906580993

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bucs can't even tank for a drat draft pick right <:mad:>

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the NFCS on the whole played like poo poo this year... and we're somehow sending 3 goddamn teams to the post-season.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

I feel like the NFCS on the whole played like poo poo this year... and we're somehow sending 3 goddamn teams to the post-season.

3 teams with 10+ wins is hardly poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

We could be Browns fans

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/tometrics/status/947672216199729152

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Yeah, the Saints performance on 3rd down, defense, and special teams has all but convinced me they're one and done in the post season.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah, the Saints performance on 3rd down, defense, and special teams has all but convinced me they're one and done in the post season.

See you in the NFCCG, friend.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

See you in the NFCCG, friend.

Wouldn't that be something.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Wouldn't that be something.

Finally, a Saints/Falcons game where the refs can't just loving throw it one way or the other.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Chilichimp posted:

Finally, a Saints/Falcons game where the refs can't just loving throw it one way or the other.

Heart medication sales would shoot through the roof in both cities.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

You sure about that?

I just want a fair game...those were monstrosities this year. So so bad.

I kinda like our route to the nfccg though, I feel like la and phi is the path of least resistance.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

You sure about that?

I just want a fair game...those were monstrosities this year. So so bad.

I kinda like our route to the nfccg though, I feel like la and phi is the path of least resistance.

Well, I mean, LA has no home field advantage so that game should be a toss-up. Gurley's gonna torch us if we don't have a plan.

Philly is hurting right now for whatever reason, hopefully that keeps up through the post season and we can steal a win in Philly too.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Well, I mean, LA has no home field advantage so that game should be a toss-up. Gurley's gonna torch us if we don't have a plan.

Philly is hurting right now for whatever reason, hopefully that keeps up through the post season and we can steal a win in Philly too.

For once I feel like I have actual faith in our defense to at least give this team a chance to be in games. Gurlely will be the key for sure. If this offense comes around look out.

Who am I kidding? It wont.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

For once I feel like I have actual faith in our defense to at least give this team a chance to be in games. Gurlely will be the key for sure. If this offense comes around look out.

Who am I kidding? It wont.

Atlanta's offense is trash. Absolute Trash. Teams just mug Julio and we're under 20 points/game. Total trash.

Is the Rams D still good? I haven't followed them in a couple years.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Atlanta's offense is trash. Absolute Trash. Teams just mug Julio and we're under 20 points/game. Total trash.

I thought they were but in doing some research as a group they are below average. Like 19th rated overall D.

Man the offense is just so weird. The drops. Every. Game. Ugh. Its pretty remarkable to be in the playoffs right now considering all they have had to grind through with the "hangover" and new OC. They are the only returning nfc playoff team from last year...

Also just saw that Matt has the most passing yards ever through 10 seasons. That ring last year woulda done him a lot of good in the eyes of others :(

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

They aren’t great in all phases, but they’ve still got a line that can generate a ton of pressure. They’ve also improved as they’ve gotten comfortable with the new defense. They’re probably the most well rounded team in the NFC playoffs.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

If you admit that home field advantage can contribute to a win and you attend a home game and cheer real loud for the home team, can you take some credit for the team’s victory if they win?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

If you admit that home field advantage can contribute to a win and you attend a home game and cheer real loud for the home team, can you take some credit for the team’s victory if they win?

Home-field advantage can be proven through statistics. It's absolutely worth 3-7 points depending on the venue. The Rams don't have a shitload of fans in LA and they aren't playing in their own stadium, so over the season homefield advantage hasn't been a thing. That might change with them in the playoffs, but who knows, really?

Really loud places like Seattle market attendance to their fans as "being part of the win."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/ScottSmithFOX13/status/947938001254002689

• Locked thread