Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DriveC posted:

*clears throat*

Ahem

Bucky Bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
has anyone posted this ITT?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
https://twitter.com/BadgerFootball/status/947468366213677056

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gotta have that vitamin c

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I’m glad that young man got some vitamin after an exhausting event.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Seaniqua posted:

has anyone posted this ITT?

This is the best. I love that teams basically just mock it at every turn now.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
it completely loving owns that the team known for takeaways got none against the QB who is constantly berated for how many picks he has thrown

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Utah is the only school in the Pac-12 to win a bowl game.

Utah is also the only state in the Pac-12 where you can't get weed legally (medical marijuana is legal in Arizona).

:catdrugs:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

It’s time to start the discussion: is the 2017 Big Ten the greatest conference in college football history?

1995 Big 8 :colbert:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Troy Davis's first 2000 yard season!...Iowa State went 3-8.

Don't worry though, he went for 2000+ again the next season.

Iowa State went 2-9. Jesus Christ Iowa State.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Does bama have any surviving linebackers left? I’m getting bad vibes about tomorrow.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Warbird posted:

Does bama have any surviving linebackers left? I’m getting bad vibes about tomorrow.

Isn't everyone assuming Bama is going to lose because their defense is injured?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

This was pretty glorious. People didn't realize what was going on until the line, "Texas is so small, that building a wall along the entire 1900 miles of the southern border would only pay for the college education of 20 million students."

No one knew what was going on, but the stupid bastards figured out that it was certainly anti-trump.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Carlton Davis out for the Peach Bowl with a concussion, probably played his last college game. Go get paid!

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

It’s time to start the discussion: is the 2017 Big Ten the greatest conference in college football history?

2005 Big 12

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Am I the only person who doesn't get the turnover chain reference???

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Komet posted:

It's a dope looking chain that Miami players put on after they get a turnover there isn't anything to get

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Komet posted:

I have no clue how you've avoided hearing about it but Miami has this hilariously garish and awesome chain they let whoever gets a takeaway on D wear for a while.

Miami was really good at turnovers all year...up until the last few games.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I guess that's better than a trash can

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Komet posted:

Yes because you live in a cave apparently

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

C-Euro posted:

Can't wait for Michigan to get embarrassed by SC and blow the Big Ten's perfect bowl record.

"Due to this being his last game, we're starting John O'Korn!"

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MourningView posted:

It's a dope looking chain that Miami players put on after they get a turnover there isn't anything to get

Turnover plank was way better

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Roasted Donut posted:

Turnover plank was way better

an awful opinion befitting a supporter of Penn State, the school that facilitated the rape of children

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

an awful opinion befitting a supporter of Penn State, the school that facilitated the rape of children

nah gently caress off

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Both are awesome. Miami's because it is both the the best turnover trophy and because its a perfect fit for the school. The plank is great because it realizes and embraces the absurdity of the concept.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Thanks for the same tired bullshit from 6 years ago, at least come up with something that isn't the same non-joke over and over again

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roasted Donut posted:

Thanks for the same tired bullshit from 6 years ago, at least come up with something that isn't the same non-joke over and over again

Yeah, we should just pretend we didn't see it and forget it.

Not unlike Penn State.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Happy New Year, this is the right day to have the semifinals.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I'm eager to see whether or not Saban puts in Tua if Clemson bottles up Jalen Hurts. I bet he won't.

They've had a very, very good bowl season, but keep in mind that every Big Ten team is bumped up in quality over its opponents because Ohio State did not make the playoff.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Randaconda posted:

Not unlike Penn State.

See this is creative.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

LLCoolJD posted:

I'm eager to see whether or not Saban puts in Tua if Clemson bottles up Jalen Hurts. I bet he won't.

They've had a very, very good bowl season, but keep in mind that every Big Ten team is bumped up in quality over its opponents because Ohio State did not make the playoff.

Even dropping the joke about being the best I don’t think that’s entirely true. The bowl committees have done a pretty good job finding even matchups. Penn State was ranked like two spots ahead of Washington, USC was a really hot team again, MSU and Wazzu were fairly evenly matched on paper if Wazzu had been at full strength. Even in the smaller bowls it’s not like Purdue, Northwestern or Iowa were heavy favorites.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I would like to take this opportunity to say gently caress the Sooners and gently caress their wagon go dawgs

Oh gently caress auburn too I hope they get boat raced

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Was Purdue actually favored?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Some people don’t understand that some coaches have different priorities and can’t see why a coach would rather be really solid at the college level instead of moving to the NFL like that is seriously the end all be all in the coaching world.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Randaconda posted:

Not unlike Penn State.

What happened to your 'tar

Komet posted:

Was Purdue actually favored?

No Arizona was favored.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an adult beverage posted:

What happened to your 'tar

No Arizona was favored.

Somebody was not impressed, apparently. :shrug:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

michigan got bumped up to the outback over two better teams then literally lost to will muschamp

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

Can't wait for Michigan to get embarrassed by SC and blow the Big Ten's perfect bowl record.

Yoooooooooooo

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Randaconda posted:

Somebody was not impressed, apparently. :shrug:

Looks like King from PS1 Tekken. Don't take that as a slight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LLCoolJD posted:

Looks like King from PS1 Tekken. Don't take that as a slight.

No, I think it owns. As somebody noted in another thread, it's like he's looking at disgust at all my posts. :kiddo:

• Locked thread