Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Pand posted:

I did a grimdark baby. :3:

One of my favorite bits from gdubs waking up was how creeped out he was with the cyber cherubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Does anyone know what colors are used for the generic bases GW uses? I’ve check the app and “blighted tundra” seems close however I can’t be sure.

It’s mainly the base color, I can’t really tell what it is. Looks slightly like XV-88.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

OhDearGodNo posted:

Does anyone know what colors are used for the generic bases GW uses? I’ve check the app and “blighted tundra” seems close however I can’t be sure.

It’s mainly the base color, I can’t really tell what it is. Looks slightly like XV-88.

I think it's Steel Legion Drab, which is what I use on my base edges

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Black rim supremacy.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Black rim supremacy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

OhDearGodNo posted:

Steel Legion on the rim and top, then drybrushed with either Tyrant Skull on its own, or Karak Stone Followed by Ushabti. That said, Saint Duncan changed the rims of his Custodes to a darker colour to get a better contrast with the gold.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 31, 2017

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
So before xmas we were sharing our workspaces and I had the hell room

Over the weekend I went to Ikea and Homedespot. Took my wife 3 days to clean up her poo poo, I spent a day on mine.

Clean workspace for the new year. Clean enough to let my toddler in the room, even.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DiHK posted:

Clean enough to let my toddler in the room, even.

Clean enough to let your toddler restore it to its original state, you mean.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Those are Good Nurglings (from the Imgur album posted upthread).

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Steel Legion on the rim and top, then drybrushed with either Tyrant Skull on its own, or Karak Stone Followed by Ushabti. That said, Saint Duncan changed the rims of his Custodes to a darker colour to get a better contrast with the gold.

I should mention this are for my white scars- I’ll do a comparison later today.

I’ll go with SLD, agrax, and tyrant skull and see how it turns out.

DiHK posted:

Cleaner hobby room

Looks much better. Have to be honest, when some goons were posting their areas some were on hoarder-level messy.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Oh my god I want every Nurgling.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

I should mention this are for my white scars- I’ll do a comparison later today.

I’ll go with SLD, agrax, and tyrant skull and see how it turns out.

Looks much better. Have to be honest, when some goons were posting their areas some were on hoarder-level messy.

As someone new to the hobby I would be interested in hearing how you build those bases.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Oh my god I want every Nurgling.

There are so many that deserve a base all to themselves.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Ropes4u posted:

As someone new to the hobby I would be interested in hearing how you build those bases.

Same exact way as Duncan does here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzlvpv-L48M

However I'd highly advise having the model off the base- I pin the foot to the base these days (helpful tip I got from SRM a while back)

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

Same exact way as Duncan does here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzlvpv-L48M

However I'd highly advise having the model off the base- I pin the foot to the base these days (helpful tip I got from SRM a while back)

Thank you, I should probably watch all his videos.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Gentle goons - I need 2 of the hull-mounted heavy bolters for a Chimera chassis, because GW in their infinite wisdom don't include them in the Basilisk box. I know I have them somewhere, but I think they're buried in a box with literally thousands of bitz in it and I haven't turned any up so far. Does anyone have any I could buy off them?

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Shockeh posted:

Pop quiz - If you wanted to add a 2nd Imperial Detachment purely to add AT shooting at a small points size (say, under 1k) what would you pick?

Basilisks. Spearhead detachment full of basilisks. 3 basilisks, a primaris psyker and a master of ordnance is 404 points.

Corrode posted:

Gentle goons - I need 2 of the hull-mounted heavy bolters for a Chimera chassis, because GW in their infinite wisdom don't include them in the Basilisk box. I know I have them somewhere, but I think they're buried in a box with literally thousands of bitz in it and I haven't turned any up so far. Does anyone have any I could buy off them?

I probably have a bunch, but knowing this, I can't part with them!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Sex Cannon posted:

Basilisks. Spearhead detachment full of basilisks. 3 basilisks, a primaris psyker and a master of ordnance is 404 points.

I probably have a bunch, but knowing this, I can't part with them!

Tease :arghfist:

It is p. dumb.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Finished my Blightlord Terminators:

My photos continue to be crap. :smith:

Onto the last four Plague Marines for my 750pts list for next weekend!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

PierreTheMime posted:

The back of the second from the right looks absolutely disgusting. Well done.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Pendent posted:

The back of the second from the right looks absolutely disgusting. Well done.

That model actually has one of the only body-horror bits in all of 40k to creep me out. I assembled and mostly painted it until I noticed I’d missed a bit of his left leg, and then realized it was a tube-worm more than half the width of his entire leg jutting out of the top of his legging. :barf:

The small botfly types were fine but for whatever reason that actually unnerved me.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 31, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

PierreTheMime posted:

These are great!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

The correct answer to "what army should i play?" is always orks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

The correct answer to "what army should i play?" is always orks.

I should just paint my Stompa to hit enough points.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I should just paint my Stompa to hit enough points.

Do that. My Shadowsword is hungry.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Sex Cannon posted:

Do that. My Shadowsword is hungry.

Statistically I believe this means half my army will disappear in one turn.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I just opened my Start Collecting Militarum Tempestus box to discover Scion kits only come with a single Plasma rifle.

I've got some space marine plasma pistols and rifles I can try to kitbash, but failing that do you have any preferred solution or 3rd party bits manufacturer? I'd buy more of the Scion plasma bits but it's just being held by the barrel and not even in a ready pose.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

I just opened my Start Collecting Militarum Tempestus box to discover Scion kits only come with a single Plasma rifle.

I've got some space marine plasma pistols and rifles I can try to kitbash, but failing that do you have any preferred solution or 3rd party bits manufacturer? I'd buy more of the Scion plasma bits but it's just being held by the barrel and not even in a ready pose.

Victoria miniatures has a pretty awesome 10 pack of plasma rifles that come in handy for poo poo like this.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
spellcrow makes a plasma gun that is more inline with the 40k version, and its on sale for the time being

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
“Chief amongst the primarchs is Horus, called the Glorious, the Brightest Star, favourite of the Emperor, and like a son unto him. He is the Warmaster, the commander-in-chief of the Emperor’s military might, subjugator of a thousand thousand worlds and conqueror of the galaxy. He is a warrior without peer, a diplomat supreme. Horus is a star ascendant, but how much further can a star rise before it falls?”

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

A good Baldman Betraysalot.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ugh Horus is so good. Cataphractii are so good. That paint job is so good!

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever seen that Horus model actually painted in Luna Wolves colors?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

SteelMentor posted:

A good Baldman Betraysalot.

Horus is more of a Lord Mordred than a Lancelot.

The Horus Heresy is Le Morte d'Arthur in space.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
Hell yeah vanguard vets.

Totally looking forward to mindlessly throwing these guys at horde units.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

bonds0097 posted:

What do you mean by penalizing swarm bases?

I think the cylinder method that Batman and Infinity (and likely others) use is ideal because you can sculpt things however you want without loving up gameplay. Both those games use a standard height, which maybe doesn't make sense in 40K due to variance but if so seems like adding a height stat on data sheets so you know how tall the cylinder should be seems simple enough.
Yeah, for Infinity, each model has a Silhouette rating (most human-sized dudes are S2, but short little bots are S1, for instance). Most The Silhouette value is not only how big the base is, but also its height. If you have a set of handy-dandy silhouette templates, you can just pop one in in place of your model and tell at a glance whether you have line of sight, and if enough of your silhouette is obscured to count as being in cover, etc. It's super-easy and removes virtually all of the ambiguity even in very complicated terrain.

But it's also a game where you only have a handful of models on the table.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
God painting Poxwalkers is so tedious when you do them in the full batch of 20, i'm looking forward to just painting the Lord of Contagion as a single model batch after these things are done.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Five Primaris Marines at once is just enough to make me want to hate edge highlighting before I get to move on.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I feel like more than three of any single model is tedious.

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

mango sentinel posted:

I feel like more than three of any single model is tedious.

I batch-painted units of 50 clan-rats in groups of 10: never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I hate the fact that I have a lot of Unpainted models. Cause it means it will be a while for them to be painted.

I also have a lot of unassembled models so I need to work on that too.