Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Happy new year, DC movies are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Happy new year, all superhero films are bad.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
My big project for 2018 will be adding to, and refining, this suplex tier list that I mocked up tonight:

S TIER: Release Half Nelson Suplex, Deadlift Gutwrench Suplex, Snap German Suplex, Deadlift German Suplex, Snap Dragon Suplex
A TIER: Release Exploder Suplex, Bridging Tiger Suplex, Bridging Dragon Suplex, Release Dragon Suplex, Rolling Butterfly Suplex, Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex, German Superplex
B TIER: Bridging Fisherman’s Suplex, Wheelbarrow Suplex, Bridging German Suplex, Release Tiger Suplex, Belly to Belly Superplex, Northern Lights Suplex, Backdrop Driver
C TIER: Butterfly Suplex, Leg Hook Saito Suplex, Release German Suplex, Bridging Half Nelson Suplex, Saito Suplex, Gutwrench Suplex, Exploder Suplex
D TIER: Inverted Suplex, Fisherman’s Suplex, Rolling German Suplex, Slingshot Suplex, Delayed Vertical Suplex, Superplex, Rolling Vertical Suplex
F TIER: Back Suplex, Snap Suplex, Side Belly to Belly Suplex, Vertical Suplex

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

happy new years, all movies are bad

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

My big project for 2018 will be adding to, and refining, this suplex tier list that I mocked up tonight:

S TIER: Release Half Nelson Suplex, Deadlift Gutwrench Suplex, Snap German Suplex, Deadlift German Suplex, Snap Dragon Suplex
A TIER: Release Exploder Suplex, Bridging Tiger Suplex, Bridging Dragon Suplex, Release Dragon Suplex, Rolling Butterfly Suplex, Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex, German Superplex
B TIER: Bridging Fisherman’s Suplex, Wheelbarrow Suplex, Bridging German Suplex, Release Tiger Suplex, Belly to Belly Superplex, Northern Lights Suplex, Backdrop Driver
C TIER: Butterfly Suplex, Leg Hook Saito Suplex, Release German Suplex, Bridging Half Nelson Suplex, Saito Suplex, Gutwrench Suplex, Exploder Suplex
D TIER: Inverted Suplex, Fisherman’s Suplex, Rolling German Suplex, Slingshot Suplex, Delayed Vertical Suplex, Superplex, Rolling Vertical Suplex

Where does the suplex Cesaro does where he's on the turnbuckle and deadlifts a guy on the apron into a superplex fit in here?

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
To all of yall I who I know but don't know, happy new year

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

The firework pollution is really bad this year. There is no wind so the dust and smoke isn't going anywhere.

When driving home the cars in front of me would disappear into the mist after a few meters and becoming red lights floating in the haze. I couldn't even see my building when driving past it. Being outside stung the eyes and irritated the lungs.

I think our national obsession with fireworks may have gotten slightly out of hand.

I love fireworks but I hate every second person letting them off every five minutes on Guy Fawkes or NYE in fairly densely populated areas It sounds like a loving war zone. People (especially children) are trying to sleep and animals hate it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FreudianSlippers posted:

The firework pollution is really bad this year. There is no wind so the dust and smoke isn't going anywhere.

When driving home the cars in front of me would disappear into the mist after a few meters and becoming red lights floating in the haze. I couldn't even see my building when driving past it. Being outside stung the eyes and irritated the lungs.

I think our national obsession with fireworks may have gotten slightly out of hand.

I can't imagine it's worse than July 4th 2002.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Happy New Year cd y'all legit

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Happy new year cined. Maybe I'll post more. I like y'all.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Happy New Year everyone.
https://twitter.com/RetroNewsNow/status/947514458032701440

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Happy 2018, everybody.

2017 was a hell of a year. I'm hoping for safety, stability, and good health for all of us.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

You heard about Pluto?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

therattle posted:

I love fireworks but I hate every second person letting them off every five minutes on Guy Fawkes or NYE in fairly densely populated areas It sounds like a loving war zone. People (especially children) are trying to sleep and animals hate it.
Here's a chart showing the air quality last night with red being healthy and cyan being the level of pollutant particles.

https://twitter.com/hlynur/status/947827068481556480

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I haven't seen enough movies to do a proper top 10*, so here's a month-by-month hit of my favorite films I saw in 2017 that weren't released in 2017:

- HyperNormalisation (2016)
- Neon Bull (2015)
- Belladonna of Sadness (1973)
- What on Earth! (1966)
- The Ring Virus (1999)
- Crime Without Passion (1934)
- Sensual Ward: Wet Red Lips (2005)
- Black and Tan Fantasy (1929)
- Aguirre: The Wrath of God (1972)
- Nonsense Story, Vol. 1: Monkey Island (1931)
- Ringing Bell (1978)
- McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971)

* Creep 2 was dope. Not enough to unseat Alien: Covenant as my favorite horror, but it's a hard contender for best of the year for sure.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Of course Hertzfeldt would come in at the last second with the best film of 2017

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

My friend just hung up this beaut in the middle.

I kinda miss DKC1 and DKC2. Great atmospheric levels, music and simple premise. I guess that's the benefit to stuff like Cuphead and mobile games and indie games now.

*salute*

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

S Tier is any deadlift or amateur style lift.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
What's the head-exploding suplex that Leon does on the monks in Resident Evil 4? Because that's the best one.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What the gently caress is a suplex

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Budgie Jumping posted:

What's the head-exploding suplex that Leon does on the monks in Resident Evil 4? Because that's the best one.

An 'exploder', technically.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

What the gently caress is a suplex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B20uNgcmxok

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers posted:

Here's a chart showing the air quality last night with red being healthy and cyan being the level of pollutant particles.

https://twitter.com/hlynur/status/947827068481556480

Bloody hell. How many fireworks did they set off?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Jenny Angel posted:

I literally had no idea there were so many variations of suplex. I thought it was only armbars that had 1000+ variations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The delayed vertical suplex is very undervalued on that list imo.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Death By The Blues posted:

Surprised there are people who don't like GOTG 2, its one of the better if not best Marvel movies, it has actual stakes, pay off and a pretty good villain.

Stakes for who? The main characters who the movie is named after? Not really. They hammer this home when rocket initiated the fatal 700 warp jumps that just leads to a funny face montage. Stakes for the universe? I guess, but the way it's presented, I could barely tell it wasn't just a hypothetical thing since quill is staring into the infinite. And by the time I realized it was real, it no longer mattered.

Also the drax/flea relationship was really annoying. Having drax neg someone was funny like once, but man do they drag it out. A mousey asian woman doesn't know she's beautiful, how cute. Bautista is still the best part of the movie, but they've worn his gimmick out. Kurt Russel was the quintessential cool dad that's an rear end in a top hat, that Taika knocked out of the park in Boy.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jan 1, 2018

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

K. Waste posted:

* Creep 2 was dope. Not enough to unseat Alien: Covenant as my favorite horror, but it's a hard contender for best of the year for sure.

Creep 2 should have been a few seconds shorter.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Whelp. First movie watched of the year was Bright. At least 2018 can only get better from here.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Bright is dope.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I woke up and now I want mango habenaro boneless wings. I need them.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

That's just for showboats

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Idk if theres anything more disappointing in this world than boneless wings

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

My favorite Hawaiian chips are the mango habanero and my store stopped stocking it. :argh:

Also I think I'm awake now.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

I Before E posted:

Where does the suplex Cesaro does where he's on the turnbuckle and deadlifts a guy on the apron into a superplex fit in here?

Great question! I initially avoided putting it on the list because I wanted to focus on suplexes that I had seen two or more wrestlers ever do, and thus not get bogged down into variations associated with specific individuals. But now I remember that Mike Elgin does one of those too, so... I'll have to think! Very high, for sure. Definitely in the top half of A tier at least, maybe even in the bottom of S tier

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

S Tier is any deadlift or amateur style lift.

There are two deadlifts in the tier list already and they're both in S tier. I'm not your enemy, HUNDU

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I stand by my placement... the buildup can be quite fun, but a vertical suplex drop is simply too basic and plodding for the payoff to be worth much

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bushisms.txt posted:

Stakes for who? The main characters who the movie is named after? Not really.

This could be said about any franchise movie though. Maybe in the next film the bad guys will finally kill 007, but I doubt it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

There are two deadlifts in the tier list already and they're both in S tier. I'm not your enemy, HUNDU

Yet there is no Karelin Lift (definitely not the same as a gutwrench suplex) on this list.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Davros1 posted:

This could be said about any franchise movie though. Maybe in the next film the bad guys will finally kill 007, but I doubt it

That would be so sick.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Davros1 posted:

I feel like the lack of strict continuity between Bond movies (largely) and the fluid nature of the casting kinda makes this a weird example. A Bond movie totally could end with Bond dying; all it would mean is that they're rebooting again the next movie.

Hell, they could Aeon Flux it up and have all the Bond movies end with Bond dying for a while.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Budgie Jumping posted:

That would be so sick.

Only if they bring back Jaws. Or Nick Nack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted: