Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

poptart_fairy posted:

So Evil Within 2 is making me yearn for a sort of single city survival game. Emphasis on crafting and stealth, if not outright evasion, around monsters - maybe a light hunger, etc, system without the required construction in something like Minecraft.

Does anything like this exist for the PS4?

Could try Dying Light but it quickly changes from 'avoid everything' to 'kill everything with your electric sawblade machete'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fruit on the bottom posted:

Are we pretending that the biggest distinction between The Godfather and Transformers: Age of Extinction is class warfare?

For most people it is yeah.

People tend to think something is superior without ever thinking about the why

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You guys Fridge Corn gets laughed out of every thread they post in for being a contrarian edgelord, I highly recommend simply reading their posts in David Spade’s voice and moving on

poptart_fairy posted:

So Evil Within 2 is making me yearn for a sort of single city survival game. Emphasis on crafting and stealth, if not outright evasion, around monsters - maybe a light hunger, etc, system without the required construction in something like Minecraft.

Dying Light is exactly what you are describing but an FPS. The entire game is running missions and foraging for gear until the sun goes down and then just booking it back to base.

I feel the zombie exhaustion as much as anyone else but that game is very deep and rewarding and offers a decent challenge. It was a PS+ game a while ago and I never played it but heard the DLC was super good.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bust Rodd posted:

You guys Fridge Corn gets laughed out of every thread they post in for being a contrarian edgelord, I highly recommend simply reading their posts in David Spade’s voice and moving on

Pointing out that there is a distinction between high and low art is hardly contrarian or edgy

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

fridge corn posted:

Where did you get the idea that I "believe so strongly in the moral power of high art"? Are you even arguing with the right person lol

When you say things like some media are not "good" yet, or that high art is superior to low art, you are passing moral judgment, even if you don't know it. I hope this helps you as you continue your journey :)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When you say things like some media are not "good" yet, or that high art is superior to low art, you are passing moral judgment, even if you don't know it. I hope this helps you as you continue your journey :)

I never said any of those things lol

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
What about movies that were bad but then turned out to be good games, like X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or...possibly others?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Wolfsheim posted:

What about movies that were bad but then turned out to be good games, like X-Men Origins: Wolverine, or...possibly others?

AvP games are all pretty good...

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Wolfsheim posted:

I think the ultimate example of this was that Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay game

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

CharlestheHammer posted:

For most people it is yeah.

People tend to think something is superior without ever thinking about the why

Are you telling me that there’s actually no difference in quality or that most people just wouldn’t be able to articulate one?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

As an aggregate, Die Hard Trilogy the game is better than Die Hard Trilogy the movie series

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think the ultimate example of this was that Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay game

I would KILL for a PS4 remake. I got Dark Athena on PC but it ran like poo poo and wasn't a very good game. It had the Butcher Bay remake though so that was cool.

That was such a golden age of PC gaming :allears:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

poptart_fairy posted:

Dying light is that game crossed with mirrors edge

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Dying Light was a PS+ game? I must have missed that month. :saddowns:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Guess it's time to break out dying light again then. Forgot about that entirely. :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Dying Light was a PS+ game? I must have missed that month. :saddowns:

I dont think so or i dont remember it

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

Guess it's time to break out dying light again then. Forgot about that entirely. :v:

Dying Light loving owns and I’d totally end up rebuying it on sale if I wasn’t just getting poo poo that won’t run on my PC over stuff that just looks better on PS4.

Yes, my PC is really lovely.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fruit on the bottom posted:

Are you telling me that there’s actually no difference in quality or that most people just wouldn’t be able to articulate one?

They probably don't know what it is.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

As an aggregate, Die Hard Trilogy the game is better than Die Hard Trilogy the movie series

Still four months for an April's fools coment mate.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dhwav is a great movie

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Vengeance is good but the Crazy Taxi game on the PS1 was more memorable to me. 2 is dire and that's where the game collection surges forward

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Die Hard Arcade is even better than Die Hard Trilogy

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Die hard arcade is still the best ps2 downloadable game on ps3.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Trip report after spending most of the day with Yakuza 0: holy poo poo buy this if you don't own it yet, it's funny as hell and the localization is excellent

Thanks for the recommendations yesterday goons!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Another satisfied customer.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sakurazuka posted:

Could try Dying Light but it quickly changes from 'avoid everything' to 'kill everything with your electric sawblade machete'

You forgot "dropkicking zombies off of roofs" as well bit that's ok

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

poptart_fairy posted:

If you already own The Division, the Survival mode DLC is literally this.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Is the multiplayer for Titanfall 2 still relatively active? I redboxed it when it first came out and got about a third of the way through the campaign and put a few hours in multiplayer. I really enjoyed the bit that I played but never ended up purchasing. I see it’s on sale right now, is there still enough MP action to justify pulling the trigger finally?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Is the multiplayer for Titanfall 2 still relatively active? I redboxed it when it first came out and got about a third of the way through the campaign and put a few hours in multiplayer. I really enjoyed the bit that I played but never ended up purchasing. I see it’s on sale right now, is there still enough MP action to justify pulling the trigger finally?
I just played some good matches last week.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Just the SP is worth the sale price. MP still has plenty of players (NA goons have the better peak hours) and Frontier Defense is one of the best coop modes in recent years. (just my opinion)

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Ryoga posted:

Die hard arcade is still the best ps2 downloadable game on ps3.
I'm sorry what?

WHAT?

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

Alien 3, A Bug's Life, SNES Return of the Jedi, GBA Ecks Vs Sever are traditionally considered the best examples of this.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Is mindblowing how better is Alien 3 on the SNES over the film. It was like speedrunning Aliens.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Is there a thread for Steep/is Steep with the Olympic expansion worth 40 bucks?

I played a while ago but I thought it sucked. You have to do all the event types to advance, and most of them are bad. There's no gameplay hook because you never ever upgrade your character's abilities.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I just started playing the Dragonborn expansion on Skyrim:SE and it has the Morrowind music :qq: dem feels

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The last of us is starting to grow on me a little. Clickers are hella annoying tho

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
I got Toukiden 2 to hold me over until Monster Hunter World comes out later this month. Mechanics are solid and it lacks a lot of the stuff that aggravated me about the MH games. The story is anime garbage but that's to be expected (also who plays MH for story). If you just play it as MH except with demons instead of dinosaurs it's a good buy at the sale price.

I did not try multiplayer so can't speak to whether there is still an active population there, but you can turn off the English-only server restriction and probably find some Japanese diehards to play with.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jan 1, 2018

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I just started playing the Dragonborn expansion on Skyrim:SE and it has the Morrowind music :qq: dem feels

Dragonborn was a fantastic piece of DLC. I still go back to Skyrim every so often; even unmodded I spent an obscene time in its world.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Dragonborn was a fantastic piece of DLC. I still go back to Skyrim every so often; even unmodded I spent an obscene time in its world.

Yeah it's great. I can't believe how much I disliked Fallout 4 compared to nearly every other main Bethesda game. Like it seems such a huge step back from Skyrim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

fridge corn posted:

The last of us is starting to grow on me a little. Clickers are hella annoying tho

The game gets significantly better when you get a shotgun