Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TRUMP MUST
This poll is closed.
fire Mueller 0 0%
build The Wall 0 0%
legalize weed (cannabis) 0 0%
smoke weed 420 100.00%
allow Barron to join with the sandworms 0 0%
Total: 0 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

why would a terrible deal prevent this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

that is insanely cool. I researched how insects fly a few months ago and it fits really well.

for people skipping the link, here’s the just: most birds just flap their wings up and down. it’s strong but they can’t turn very well. insects flap more diagonally, in a figure-8 pattern. this actually kicks up little tornados under their insect wings, and tilting those tornados allows them to fly in any direction.

so a bird flies more like an airplane, while an insect flies more like a helicopter

of course, hummingbirds, for whatever godforsaken evolutionary reason, like to hover in place instead of flying forward. I supposed they got hooked on sugar and flower pollen. of course they also need to flap in a more figure-8 like pattern so they can flit about in any direction.

what’s new to me is that hummingbirds purposefully induce turbulence, like millions of tiny tornados. I wonder if insects also induce turbulence, since it’s harder to make thousands of tiny tornados when you already have tiny wings. from the insect perspective, it might be more natural to make one giant tornado.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this is some incredible projection

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Today I woke up feeling like a hangover despite not having been drunk in like 7 years. Enjoy it while you can goons under 30.

Let’s get this poo poo started.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

sullat posted:

Ah yes, the town with the chavs, the town with the yobbos, Milton Keynes, the other town with the chavs, etc...
Ya there are in fact 1 type of wider town region in England

The town which is full of snooty posh bastards (or normal people, if you're from there), the slightly worse one nearby which likes to make it out that it's as good but isn't, and the slightly worse one than that which perhaps used to have a factory in it.

fits my needs posted:

lol England enslaved millions and turned tens of millions into unwilling colonial subjects
A Handful of Nobles did this tbf. Like normal people were busy being p much also slaves on tenant farms or making matches 10 to a garret while Britain was at Peak Importance Historically. The people who want to go back to that are either Very Stupid (Are Britane people) or Would Actually Benefit From It (Gove et al).

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

fits my needs posted:

lol England enslaved millions and turned tens of millions into unwilling colonial subjects
Speaking as a descendant of unwilling colonial subjects, all colonial subjects are huge anglophiles, prove me wrong

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yinlock posted:

the people who skip every other word, the people who sound like they're in victorian london, and the people who swear a lot and are really, intensely racist against anyone near them or australia

the geordies, the mackems (theyre the loving same, but dont tell jose i said that), the yorkies, the mods, the fey folk, the wicker men, the artful dodgers, the clarksons, the trainspotters (both anorak and glaswegian), heartbeat, the bill, corgis, the grange hill gang, ross kemp, spandau ballet, and the welsh

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"THE WEALTH OF IRAN IS BEING LOOTED" screams the boomers as money doesn't go directly to them

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cargo cult posted:

Speaking as a descendant of unwilling colonial subjects, all colonial subjects are huge anglophiles, prove me wrong

who doesnt like to fish

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Yinlock posted:

"THE WEALTH OF IRAN IS BEING LOOTED" screams the boomers as money doesn't go directly to them

“HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?” the politician who voted for sanctions every time yells.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

cargo cult posted:

gee i wonder why

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

trump

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

“HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?” the politician who voted for sanctions every time yells.

meanwhile, the dread crime lord Big Nutt smuggles another crate of pistachios from iran

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

punchymcpunch posted:

just lol if you don’t know how to translate Trump tweets

Obama gave Iran a deal that was very favorable to Iran, but really bad for the US, thus making it a "terrible" deal.

Despite how good the deal is for Iran, Iran is still failing.

gregday
May 23, 2003

punchymcpunch posted:

adding to list of words he doesn’t know the meaning of: despite

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/947824196909961216

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/947824420508323840

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
time for one more round of golf :unsmith:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Yinlock posted:

trump starting 2018 out strong by telling Ukraine to go gently caress itself for literally no reason

I saw the Pakistan one and the Iran ones, what's this about the Ukraine?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/947826081586966528

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

its a whole new year for the fat bitch to screw up

what's the over/under on how many times he just says that america is the best in his very first SotU

it's gonna be more incoherent than bush's final one

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

love to slide in during the very final hour of the workday and act like I was there the whole time

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Shugojin posted:

its a whole new year for the fat bitch to screw up

what's the over/under on how many times he just says that america is the best in his very first SotU

moneyline is -420

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

did you know that I WAS WORKING HARD EVEN ON NEW YEARS DAY???

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I'm ready for 2018

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

fits my needs posted:

gee i wonder why
Embrace it dude

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

cargo cult posted:

Embrace it dude

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Happy new year in hungover m8s

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:thunk:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
another fun fact is that repealing Obama’s Iran deal would make their economy worse both because of additional sanctions and because the government would divert funds into a weapons program.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

cargo cult posted:

Im gonna run 60 miles a week and squat bench dead lift a total of 800lbs per day four times a week

Good luck fitness goon! The worst part of gyms in January is all the new people who use it as a place to rest their water bottles while talking about their resolutions and how they're totally going to stick this time but have patience, they all leave after about 3 weeks. Alternately, turn an extra room into a lifting/posting area and avoid having to deal with people.

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's nine people on the court. If a store with nine employees started a sexual harassment course it would be very obviously because Dan did something he wasn't supposed to and now the owner wants to avoid a lawsuit.

It's not a question of "which one" but rather "how many"? If it were just one that should be easy, Thomas, everyone moves on. I'll guess Thomas for garden variety sexual harassment, Kennedy for making his male clerks wear slacks that are just a little too tight and Alito is probably into some really weird poo poo we can't even comprehend.

This is probably in reaction to that guy from the 9th Circuit who just resigned.

Oh good, now my brother-in-law and his family can be directly harassed by the government for their national origin rather than just for the color of their skin and religion. :allears:

Shugojin posted:

The real trick is what the shortest transition will be between "America is the best" and "America is a mess". I'd say within two sentences, but how are we going to identify something like sentence structure out of his usual word salad?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it’s also been funny seeing pictures and videos of protests in other countries spread on social media labeled as protests in Iran. one might wonder if there’s some kind of coordinated effort behind such misinformation. I’m sure Seth and Eric will get right on that.

(it’s probably just assholes trying to boost their follower counts though)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bobcuts are cute and i need coffee

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Starting off strong!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Joementum posted:

it’s also been funny seeing pictures and videos of protests in other countries spread on social media labeled as protests in Iran. one might wonder if there’s some kind of coordinated effort behind such misinformation. I’m sure Seth and Eric will get right on that.

(it’s probably just assholes trying to boost their follower counts though)

Fake News

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
reminder

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/status/947832290519826432

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Air Force anime sword tradition is superior to this.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/947835061512146944

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mattis, keeping Trump from blowing up the world by buying up all the bombs

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://twitter.com/Lizseeds0311/status/947671884652580864