Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I really liked Endeavor and All Mights talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

it seemed the opposite to me considering bakugou shut up about punching the kids into submission after remembering todoroki's back story

i like that he is not a stupid character

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Every time Endeavor is on panel I'm terrified of some kind of bullshit Assassination Classroom-esque walkback

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Every time Endeavor is on panel I'm terrified of some kind of bullshit Assassination Classroom-esque walkback

It's been a while since I read AC, what was the walk-back in that story? I think I remember it cause I know I wasn't happy 100% with part of the writing but I'm not sure.

Present Mic is a treasure during this entire chapter, I love how he can't stop himself from announcing, but also knows is holding back from snarky commentary.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

RedMagus posted:

It's been a while since I read AC, what was the walk-back in that story? I think I remember it cause I know I wasn't happy 100% with part of the writing but I'm not sure.

Present Mic is a treasure during this entire chapter, I love how he can't stop himself from announcing, but also knows is holding back from snarky commentary.

It was the "Nagisa's mom is abusive as gently caress" story-line

On this chapter: I agree with everyone who's happy with Bakugo showing some degree of consideration.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RedMagus posted:

Nagisa's mom was a horrible abusive shithead who made him dress like a girl and freaked out angrily at the drop of a hat, and when Nagisa won't drop out of school so she can control his life she drugs him, kidnaps him, and tries to force him to burn his classroom down.

But then Nagisa saves her life and everything is instantly forgiven and she goes to being a silly comedy character. Her last appearance is remarrying her husband.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think All Might is basically less telling Endeavor to continue being Endeavor (the premise is that Endeavor is asking All Might what to do specifically because being himself is not working) but rather recommending that he find a new way rather than imitating him.

The conclusion the students came to is pretty silly though. Fighting grade schoolers?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I assume it won't be an actual fight at all but I could totally see bakugo reenacting the scene where mirio mops the floor with class a against a bunch of small children

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder how Deku would handle this situation? The only experience he has with kids are ones with tragic backstories.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Nagisa's mom was a horrible abusive shithead who made him dress like a girl and freaked out angrily at the drop of a hat, and when Nagisa won't drop out of school so she can control his life she drugs him, kidnaps him, and tries to force him to burn his classroom down.

But then Nagisa saves her life and everything is instantly forgiven and she goes to being a silly comedy character. Her last appearance is remarrying her husband.

oh right that's where I nearly quit reading. Man what a terrible plot beat.

Welp time to fight some children, hopefully we'll knock out a tragic backstory or two from them!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

to be clear she talks like a teenage japanese girl would text or tweet

Yeah she's talking Gyaru.
"特例受け直しオケオケとか超懐でまじ足向寝ゲンキン"
"(Camie) accepted a special case, OK! OK! super feelings, slept well healthy, super happy!”

Is basically what she said originally in her first panel last chapter but uh basically gibberish.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

This kid's going places.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i kind of want to see what a literal translation of all of camie's dialogue now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I think All Might is basically less telling Endeavor to continue being Endeavor (the premise is that Endeavor is asking All Might what to do specifically because being himself is not working) but rather recommending that he find a new way rather than imitating him.

Like I said, the exact same thing that Deku learned. The difference being that Endeavor doesn't have OfA.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Can we have Bakugou kill all the kids in the next chapter so we can get the plot moving forward?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

Can we have Bakugou kill all the kids in the next chapter so we can get the plot moving forward?

:yikes:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

No no, let's hear this out

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

Death Bot posted:

No no, let's hear this out

Username + post combo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Shenaningans are good and I welcome it over the dull plot that had come before.

I can't imagine this arc lasting too long anyway. Doesn't seem to be too much meat here.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let's get back to the ol' Overhaul stuff that was real good

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ribbit Ribbit Girl.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/horikoshiko/status/947502933431554048

I find myself liking the overhaul arc when re-reading it. The short chapters and missed weeks I think really hurt it. The arc would've been finished literally something like a month and a half sooner if a few of those 12-13 page chapters had been 20-24 pages and Hori hadn't been sick 3-4 times over the course of the arc.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 31, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

cute picture i am dog might

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm Super Dog.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Uraraka rocking that yukata and loving knows it

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Very traitor-looking imo

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Kind of a "behold" pose.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
My Hero Academia: Who's the Snitch?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

I bet that 2A is the snitch, but that 1A wins the cup.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fabricated posted:

I find myself liking the overhaul arc when re-reading it. The short chapters and missed weeks I think really hurt it. The arc would've been finished literally something like a month and a half sooner if a few of those 12-13 page chapters had been 20-24 pages and Hori hadn't been sick 3-4 times over the course of the arc.
:yeah:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Uraraka seems like one of the chillest academias to hang with. Cool as a cucumber, in my estimation.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

My Hero Academia: Who's the Snitch?

Mineta. The villains are bribing him with Boobs.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
He finally gets his promised reward, all the boobs he can handle.

It's a room full of blue-footed boobies.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shinjobi posted:

Uraraka seems like one of the chillest academias to hang with. Cool as a cucumber, in my estimation.

You do need to be cool as a cucumber to be a traitor and double-agent.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Say Nothing posted:

Mineta. The villains are bribing him with Boobs.

Huh. This did get me thinking--have we seen a single female villain besides Toga? Like, even in passing?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Magne?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Huh. This did get me thinking--have we seen a single female villain besides Toga? Like, even in passing?

I think there were a few women among the horde the thugs during the League of Villains' first attack on the school.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Extremely tempted to make super dog my new avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Bee girl in vigilantes if that counts