Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Thanks to JuJu, Matt Bryant and the Jags DST for making up for a rather pathetic showing from Bortles and Howards.

The Championship is mine!!!!
218.2 - 192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stop playing week 17 leagues you fools

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Stop playing week 17 leagues you fools

:thurman:

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Week 17 was just like any other week since I continued my streak of never ever ever cashing in DFS.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I miss FF already :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
FF never ends. Time to start thinking about next year :)

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Spoeank posted:

FF never ends. Time to start thinking about next year :)

Who is going to be in the top 12 drafted next year?

1.) Todd Gurley
2.) Le'Veon Bell
3.) David Johnson
4.) Antonio Brown
5.) Zeke Elliot
6.) Kareem Hunt
7.) DeAndre Hopkins
8.) Odell Beckham Jr.
9.) Melvin Gordon
10.) Alvin Kamara
11.) Julio Jones
12.) Keenan Allen / LeSean McCoy

The top 12 / 24 is going to be stacked.

Edit:

I got some keeper decisions to make next year too.

Pick 3: 200$ Budget QB/2WR/2RB/FLEX/TE .5 ppr

Todd Gurley: 40$ , Carson Wentz: 9$, Dion Lewis 6$, Keenan Allen 29$, Michael Crabtree: 15$, Mark Ingram: 37$, Evan Engram: 6$, Andrew Luck 20$, Chris Carson 6$, Dede Westbrook 6$, Pierre Garcon 18$.

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 1, 2018

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

OxySnake posted:

Who is going to be in the top 12 drafted next year?

The "you have to go for it"s
1) Zeke Elliot
2) David Johnson
3) Todd Gurley

Only freak accidents will take them down:
4) Le'Veon Bell
5) DeAndre Hopkins
6) Alvin Kamara

Anchors to the roster almost regardless of situation:
7) Antonio Brown
8) Melvin Gordon

Questions at QB/system:
9) Keenan Allen
10) Odell Beckham Jr.
11) Kareem Hunt
12) LeSean McCoy

edit: lol if you draft in round 1:
Julio Jones

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

AnacondaHL posted:

The "you have to go for it"s
1) Zeke Elliot
2) David Johnson
3) Todd Gurley

Only freak accidents will take them down:
4) Le'Veon Bell
5) DeAndre Hopkins
6) Alvin Kamara

Anchors to the roster almost regardless of situation:
7) Antonio Brown
8) Melvin Gordon

Questions at QB/system:
9) Keenan Allen
10) Odell Beckham Jr.
11) Kareem Hunt
12) LeSean McCoy

edit: lol if you draft in round 1:
Julio Jones

Simple stats and regression will take Kamara down. I’m already calling him 2018’s 2016 Todd Gurley.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Alfalfa posted:

Simple stats and regression will take Kamara down. I’m already calling him 2018’s 2016 Todd Gurley.

I was thinking the same thing. But I also see the FF community falling over themselves to draft him super high next year because he is

1.) Young
2.) Talented
3.) "Ingram is getting old and they will reduce his touches."

He will probably be one of my do not draft guys because I don't see any way he lives up to the hype.

Edit:

Also way too early speculation, but I'm gonna put Ameer Abdullah as the 2018 Todd Gurley.

https://twitter.com/gclions/status/946827118364778498

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 1, 2018

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

OxySnake posted:

I was thinking the same thing. But I also see the FF community falling over themselves to draft him super high next year because he is

1.) Young
2.) Talented
3.) "Ingram is getting old and they will reduce his touches."

He will probably be one of my do not draft guys because I don't see any way he lives up to the hype.

Edit:

Also way too early speculation, but I'm gonna put Ameer Abdullah as the 2018 Todd Gurley.

https://twitter.com/gclions/status/946827118364778498

They will boot him and it will actually be Theo Riddick.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

So I took over a dynasty team this season and the league is really on top of everything (including media, etc).

The coolest thing they do is each week you can choose your offensive and defensive formation you want to play, so if you want to draft/hoarde TE's you can run a Jumbo Wing formation with 3 TE's, 1 WR, & 1 RB. Or you can go 5 wide and run 5 WR's... or even go old school and run Wing T (3 RB's, 1 TE, 1 WR).

This makes things way more interesting because everyone has their own idea of how they want to form their team which opens up trades and a ton more options.

With that benig said, TE's get extra points on yards and PPR and I already have Ertz. I'd like to grab 2 more TE's (not including Gronk & Kelce) and am looknig for some guys who might be breakout TE's next season.

http://iflsite.com/

Is our dynasty media page if you want to see just how over the top 31 of the 32 GM's are (not including me... yet).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Next year’s 1st round ADP is going to be RB heavy. I don’t trust ODB or Julio anywhere at the top.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Suave Fedora posted:

Next year’s 1st round ADP is going to be RB heavy. I don’t trust ODB or Julio anywhere at the top.

This year has had the fewest wrs finish in the top scorers than anytime since back in the years of mandatory rb-rb

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

The coolest thing they do is each week you can choose your offensive and defensive formation you want to play, so if you want to draft/hoarde TE's you can run a Jumbo Wing formation with 3 TE's, 1 WR, & 1 RB. Or you can go 5 wide and run 5 WR's... or even go old school and run Wing T (3 RB's, 1 TE, 1 WR).

This makes things way more interesting because everyone has their own idea of how they want to form their team which opens up trades and a ton more options.
So they essentially have a bunch of offensive flex players?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

So they essentially have a bunch of offensive flex players?

Yes but since it’s dynasty you need to have a plan of what you are going after.

It’s nice when injuries happen to not totally screw you in a season though.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Yes but since it’s dynasty you need to have a plan of what you are going after.

It’s nice when injuries happen to not totally screw you in a season though.

If you have 5 flexes,you really don't need to pick a plan since there are no roster minimums for starters?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

If you have 5 flexes,you really don't need to pick a plan since there are no roster minimums for starters?

It’s not a flex. You have to specify what formation you are going with that week and since it’s dynasty you can’t just drop and add randoms every week to change formations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My league commish is starting a mini league just for the NFL playoffs with $20 buy in

Making a draft priority list is a challenge

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

It’s not a flex. You have to specify what formation you are going with that week and since it’s dynasty you can’t just drop and add randoms every week to change formations.

Yeah,so they're flex spots and you need to declare them some days before the games start. You can still change week over week? With the what, 53 man roster? You have plenty of depth to use whatever formation you want.

It is honestly no different from a league that just uses flex spots - you can accomplish the same thing by focusing on wr or RB or whatever, assuming balanced scoring across position.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

Yeah,so they're flex spots and you need to declare them some days before the games start. You can still change week over week? With the what, 53 man roster? You have plenty of depth to use whatever formation you want.

It is honestly no different from a league that just uses flex spots - you can accomplish the same thing by focusing on wr or RB or whatever, assuming balanced scoring across position.

Scoring varies by position.

WR - 1 PPR - .1 per yard - .5 per 1st down
TE - 1.5 PPR - .13 per yard - .5 per 1st down
RB - .5 PPR - .1 per yard receiving - .5 per 1st down - .4 each attempt
etc

So trying to develop a strategy early is a bigger focus for me.

I plan on leaning on you goon dynasty guys for help especially when it comes to valuing players for future picks, etc.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Right, I guess where I was going is that it's based on the expected value of performance,not something set in stone for the season. With that scoring (ppc), you should probably favor RBs, and TD heavy players are likely overweight since TDs also count as firsts.

It sounds like you are overestimating TEs to me. I was in a similar league (though it didn't do PPC and did scaling points per first at the same rate as PPR, and all yards at the same rate), and the top TE was still behind the top 2 WR, TE3 (ertz) was behind 6 WR, and TE6 would have been WR12. I'd expect in your scoring for the TE to be further back since they don't get the extra scoring on firsts. I don't think the yardage points makes up for it - 1 pt over RB and 0.5 over wr per first vs 0.3 per 10 yards. It's still easier to put up more points with WR, but probably even moreso with RB if you get PPC.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Alfalfa posted:

No way, top pick for 2016 Todd Gurley in 2018 has to be Kareem Hunt. He's still on pace to be the next Cadillac Williams or the next Marshall Faulk, combined with the ":wtc: is Andy Ried doing" Jeff Fisher analogue.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zauper posted:

Right, I guess where I was going is that it's based on the expected value of performance,not something set in stone for the season. With that scoring (ppc), you should probably favor RBs, and TD heavy players are likely overweight since TDs also count as firsts.

It sounds like you are overestimating TEs to me. I was in a similar league (though it didn't do PPC and did scaling points per first at the same rate as PPR, and all yards at the same rate), and the top TE was still behind the top 2 WR, TE3 (ertz) was behind 6 WR, and TE6 would have been WR12. I'd expect in your scoring for the TE to be further back since they don't get the extra scoring on firsts. I don't think the yardage points makes up for it - 1 pt over RB and 0.5 over wr per first vs 0.3 per 10 yards. It's still easier to put up more points with WR, but probably even moreso with RB if you get PPC.

I think you're misreading it, TEs get the first down bonus as well.

Also echoing the previous sentiments that if you can change your offense every week I wouldn't try to be gimmicky, just pick the best players and set your offense as whatever it needs to be that week.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

Makes sense and appreciate the help. With that being said, what direction should I look to start moving this team?

Current Offensive Roster:
Player Salary Year Status
Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB $747,500 4
Manning, Eli NYG QB $3,500,010 2
Stafford, Matthew DET QB $6,645,562 3

Lewis, Dion NEP RB $750,001 4
Riddick, Theo DET RB $4,397,312 2
Thompson, Chris WAS RB (IR) $862,500 4

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR $20,268,750 4
Jones, Julio ATL WR $20,700,000 3
Landry, Jarvis MIA WR $16,100,000 2
Lockett, Tyler SEA WR $3,000,001 3
Malone, Josh CIN WR (R) $468,823 4 RC
Thielen, Adam MIN WR $3,025,001 3
Williams, Chad ARI WR (R) $576,077 4 RC

Ertz, Zach PHI TE $5,750,000 3

2018 Draft Picks: 1.11, 3.07, 4.07, 4.11, 4.12, 5.06, 5.11, 5.12, 6.07, 6.11, 7.01, 7.04, 7.11
$37M in Cap Room

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What are the numbers after their salaries?

Are their salaries set by their real salaries or do you guys do your own bidding?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I think you're misreading it, TEs get the first down bonus as well.

Also echoing the previous sentiments that if you can change your offense every week I wouldn't try to be gimmicky, just pick the best players and set your offense as whatever it needs to be that week.

I don't see anything that they get more per first than other WR / RB? Number after salary is years remaining on contract.

My take on that, alf -

You have a solid set of QB (maybe see if you can move Eli). And then I see 5 every week offensive starters - Hopkins, Julio, Landry (depends on landing spot I suppose), thielen, and ertz. Then spot starters in thompson and Lewis + Reddick. Maybe try to pick up a WR2 level starter, but you can probably find that at 1.11.

My guess is you should focus on your IDP players? If not, 36m is a lot of room you can throw at a short term contract for a top player.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Oh, And you need a backup te for weeks where ertz is q and you want to be able to start him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

What are the numbers after their salaries?

Are their salaries set by their real salaries or do you guys do your own bidding?

Do you own bidding until they basically become a hold out or get franchise tagged. Then salary jumps big time no matter what the original contract was.

Zauper posted:

You have a solid set of QB (maybe see if you can move Eli). And then I see 5 every week offensive starters - Hopkins, Julio, Landry (depends on landing spot I suppose), thielen, and ertz. Then spot starters in thompson and Lewis + Reddick. Maybe try to pick up a WR2 level starter, but you can probably find that at 1.11.

My guess is you should focus on your IDP players? If not, 36m is a lot of room you can throw at a short term contract for a top player.

Thanks. I suck with IDP (it's been 3 years since my last IDP league), so I haven't been looking at it very much.

Here is my current Defensive Roster (my offensive line(s), coaches, punters, and kickers are all on expiring contracts so not worried about them):

Logan, Bennie KCC DT $690,000 2
Suh, Ndamukong MIA DT $4,053,750 3
Tomlinson, Dalvin NYG DT (R) $492,473 4 RC

Graham, Brandon PHI DE $1,058,000 3
Griffen, Everson MIN DE $5,203,750 3
Wormley, Chris BAL DE (R) $467,486 4 RC
Zettel, Anthony DET DE $690,000 3

Mercilus, Whitney HOU LB (IR) $1,092,500 4
Anderson, Ryan WAS LB (R) $478,931 4 RC
Bowser, Tyus BAL LB (R) $505,699 4 RC
Ragland, Reggie KCC LB $1,819,325 3 RC1
Trevathan, Danny CHI LB $5,951,250 4
Williamson, Avery TEN LB $4,197,500 4

Brown, Anthony DAL CB $690,000 4
Carr, Brandon BAL CB $890,000 4
King, Kevin GBP CB (R) (IR) $470,456 4 RC

Kirkpatrick, Dre CIN CB $1,167,250 3
Smith, Ryan TBB CB $460,000 2
Tabor, Teez DET CB (R) $467,634 4 RC
Worley, Daryl CAR CB $460,000 3
Jenkins, Janoris NYG CB (IR) $1,696,250 3

Iloka, George CIN S $793,500 2
Jenkins, Malcolm PHI S $6,900,000 4
Killebrew, Miles DET S $559,192 3 RC
Hooker, Malik IND S (R) (IR) $810,623 4 RC

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zauper posted:

I don't see anything that they get more per first than other WR / RB? Number after salary is years remaining on contract.

Oh, I thought you were saying they don't get points for it at all.

Alfalfa posted:

Do you own bidding until they basically become a hold out or get franchise tagged. Then salary jumps big time no matter what the original contract was.

What triggers this? You might have to choose between your WRs if Thielen is about to jump in price.

As far as IDP goes, I've always favored players who get me consistent points (ie: guys with a lot of tackles) over the ones who have splashes one game and nothing the next (turnovers, sacks, etc)

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

What are your IDP starter requirements? My guess is you need to make a few upgrades on that side.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

What are your IDP starter requirements? My guess is you need to make a few upgrades on that side.

The starting Defense includes:
● 1x DT
● 2x DE
● 2x LB
● 2x CB
● 1x S
● 3x Flex Positions
The following can be used in the three flex positions:
● 1x DT
● 1-2x LB
● 1x CB
● 1-2x S

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah, your defense feels pretty bad then. IDP scoring settings vary a lot, though.

Do we need a separate thread for dynasty?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

Yeah, your defense feels pretty bad then. IDP scoring settings vary a lot, though.

Do we need a separate thread for dynasty?

I'll just link the scoring for everything instead of copy/paste.

http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=59406&O=09

I originally thought of starting one, but then figured it's not like this thread gets used much during the off-season so it might as well just be done in here.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

I originally thought of starting one, but then figured it's not like this thread gets used much during the off-season so it might as well just be done in here.

Without a ton of thought - you're ok at DT / DE, pending NFL offseason changes. May get 1 flex out of them. You're sorely lacking at LB and CB, without any of the top 30 this season, and only one starting S. (though hooker if healthy should be solid). LB, you're looking for guys that have or will inherit tackle volume.

You'll want to wait until we see likely coach landings before making a move - a shift from 3-4 to 4-3 for example can majorly change the role of any individual player.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Alfalfa posted:

That looks like one helluva league. The one thing I am struggling with are contracts, the cap and free agency. I assume there will be top tier players available in free agency and that they will be expensive.

Also, am I missing something or is this a 32 man league?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Sataere posted:

That looks like one helluva league. The one thing I am struggling with are contracts, the cap and free agency. I assume there will be top tier players available in free agency and that they will be expensive.

Also, am I missing something or is this a 32 man league?

32 man 2 copy league where you can only trade within your conference. So it's functionally 2 16 team leagues where the championship game is cross league.

There should definitely be some good players available in FA -- I think anyone with a 1 in the contract field should become a FA (unless franchise tagged?) -- but yeah, they're likely to not be cheap.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

So 16 man draft. gently caress, that makes rebuilding tough. But offensively, you are pretty set. The problem with targeting a TE heavy lineup is that you only have one tight end. Your wide receivers are going to be what wins you games.

drat, I really want in on this league. Too bad I'm already in a bajillion leagues. This looks like the dynasty league to and all dynasty leagues.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Unrelated, knowing we talked about it some earlier -- what do people think about Breida at this point?

His carry totals increased significantly in the last 5 weeks of the season -- 12, 11, 5, 12, 12. However, Hyde's carry totals didn't decline and both of them lost targets. But if something like that which is close to a 60/40 split on touches continues, neither is gonna be great for next season. (Assuming Hyde is resigned).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Sataere posted:

So 16 man draft. gently caress, that makes rebuilding tough. But offensively, you are pretty set. The problem with targeting a TE heavy lineup is that you only have one tight end. Your wide receivers are going to be what wins you games.

drat, I really want in on this league. Too bad I'm already in a bajillion leagues. This looks like the dynasty league to and all dynasty leagues.
It doesn't take as long to rebuild as most dynasties, because every team that doesn't make the playoffs, gets compensatory picks in the rookie draft to help out.

It seems that way so far. The slack channel never stops year round and they do videos, interviews, all sorts of stuff to keep it fun.

You can see the interviews and how much they make fun of everyone here http://iflsite.com

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 3, 2018

• Locked thread