Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

hawowanlawow posted:

I just started hitting level 5 and 6 maps on my first character. I had one exalted orb drop for me and spent it on my scepter, the rest is bargain bin stuff. Any suggestions on what I should look for next / where I should go in the passive tree? My plan at the moment is to grab void barrier real quick, but after that I have no idea. I feel like I should probably have more jewel slots. Also, a guild invite would be cool.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/rabble1310/characters?characterName=Astridelma

edit: and is it too late to try to go for tri-curse? equipping 3 reserves too much mana for me to function right now.

Shield charge isn't a spell and equipping faster casting support does nothing. Replace it with faster attack support. Also, spend the like, 10 jewelers and fusings it will take to 4l those boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I know absolutely nothing about rapiers, but this falls short of being a good drop, right?

code:
Rarity: Rare
Morbid Sever
Vaal Rapier
--------
One Handed Sword
Physical Damage: 42-124 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.30
Weapon Range: 12
--------
Requirements:
Level: 66
Dex: 212 (unmet)
--------
Sockets: G G-G 
--------
Item Level: 73
--------
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
--------
Adds 20 to 37 Physical Damage
Gain 18% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
+292 to Accuracy Rating
10% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit
Socketed Movement Skills have no Mana Cost
--------
Shaper Item
It has an open prefix to craft %phys on, but I figure no AS or crit mods sink it, right?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wilekat posted:

I know absolutely nothing about rapiers, but this falls short of being a good drop, right?

code:
Morbid Sever
Vaal Rapier
--------
One Handed Sword
Physical Damage: 42-124 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.30
Weapon Range: 12
--------
Requirements:
Level: 66
Dex: 212 (unmet)
--------
Sockets: G G-G 
--------
Item Level: 73
--------
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
--------
Adds 20 to 37 Physical Damage
Gain 18% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
+292 to Accuracy Rating
10% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit
Socketed Movement Skills have no Mana Cost
--------
Shaper Item
It has an open prefix to craft %phys on, but I figure no AS or crit mods sink it, right?

That's pretty much trash. One good but not great flat phys roll and no other good mods. It might make an ok statstick (but not a great one, that's a really bad roll for the added fire damage) for a phys caster if it didn't have a 212 dex requirement. You need 2 t2 or better phys damage rolls for it to even be worth looking at, plus one of attack speed or crit and room to craft the other.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 1, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I sort of changed my mind and might be ok with a standard bow character of some sort, Barrage and all. That or a Ngamahu Slayer (or a Scion Slayer/Raider)

That's after I get bored of Frostbolt+Ice Nova pens though :v:

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
So, currently on my first character that's been able to do maps beyond T1 and an Ambu's Charge drops. On a lark, I six socket it in like 10 jeweller's, link it in about 30 fusings, and get the colors i need on the first chrom. Wondering how much something like that would go for, because I don't think it's optimal for me but better than the jank I had. There's one other listed for 5 exalted but there's prob no way that's accurate.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mister No posted:

So, currently on my first character that's been able to do maps beyond T1 and an Ambu's Charge drops. On a lark, I six socket it in like 10 jeweller's, link it in about 30 fusings, and get the colors i need on the first chrom. Wondering how much something like that would go for, because I don't think it's optimal for me but better than the jank I had. There's one other listed for 5 exalted but there's prob no way that's accurate.

Decent 6 links are easily worth that.

1500 fusing (guaranteed 6l from Vorici) is ~750c / ~8.5 exalted, so if any build uses that unique, 5 is not really very high.

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 1, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

got really sick of srs at 91 (which is actually extremely good for me. i usually make my first alt much earlier) and decided to go with a dumb charans fetish slayer build. my god the leveling is so smooth and effortless it is silly. i actually feel like mathil.

while leveling barkul dropped me a lioneyes fall which i took as a sign to finally buy my first ever taste of hate. delicious.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Besides still missing that last shaper orb I at least got this league goal complete. Chayula was even kind enough to drop the blessing

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

That's pretty much trash. One good but not great flat phys roll and no other good mods. It might make an ok statstick (but not a great one, that's a really bad roll for the added fire damage) for a phys caster if it didn't have a 212 dex requirement. You need 2 t2 or better phys damage rolls for it to even be worth looking at, plus one of attack speed or crit and room to craft the other.

About what I was expecting; thanks for the confirmation. I was fairly certain the T1 accuracy wasn't worth a drat on weapons

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Just had a Lycosidae drop. I know claw MS to abuse it is kind of in vogue but I want to do something else. Would Varunastra BF Gladiator (maybe with Reave if I can find a good shaped item to put it in) be good/fun?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Ciaphas posted:

Just had a Lycosidae drop. I know claw MS to abuse it is kind of in vogue but I want to do something else. Would Varunastra BF Gladiator (maybe with Reave if I can find a good shaped item to put it in) be good/fun?

Yes that would be fine, but realize that varunastra has garbo APS, so BF is going to feel really bad without a bunch of attack speed investment

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

Yes that would be fine, but realize that varunastra has garbo APS, so BF is going to feel really bad without a bunch of attack speed investment

Yeah I realized that and dismissed it. I might just resurrect the MS/AC raider and give it to her with a Scourge or something. I want to make a character that's especially good at deleting bosses while still having at least okay clear, opposite of what I usually do.

What would Varunastra feel good with anyway, Sunder? Or just "anything but BF" :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ooorrr I could sell the Lyco, get a Xoph's and a good Ngamahu, and go nuts :v:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah I realized that and dismissed it. I might just resurrect the MS/AC raider and give it to her with a Scourge or something. I want to make a character that's especially good at deleting bosses while still having at least okay clear, opposite of what I usually do.

What would Varunastra feel good with anyway, Sunder? Or just "anything but BF" :v:

I've done cleave with Varunastras and enjoyed it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Is there a way to look at a log or something to see what killed you? I'm mostly steamrolling stuff, but every once in a while I'll just die instantly and have no idea what happened. Would be nice to be able to take a look and see where my defense hole is. Opened up a blue 'protected by 3 groups' chest as an example, instantly whirling blades away like normal in case it explodes or something, and was dead before I whirled 2 steps worth of distance. Welp..

In other news.. what a difference a level makes.

Level 65:
DPS 3100 + 500 with Ancestral Protector.
Physical mitigation 23% standing still.

Level 66, equip 2 Grelwoods:
DPS 5500 + 900 with Ancestral Protector. In fight as various things proc, ramps up to 9500 DPS.
Physical mitigation 48% ramping up to 56% standing still.

Elemental resists capped.

Just entered Act 9 finally.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah I just turned 66 and got my grels on and drat the amount of damage and leech is just insane. Im standing on poo poo not giving a gently caress.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

The Locator posted:

Is there a way to look at a log or something to see what killed you? I'm mostly steamrolling stuff, but every once in a while I'll just die instantly and have no idea what happened. Would be nice to be able to take a look and see where my defense hole is. Opened up a blue 'protected by 3 groups' chest as an example, instantly whirling blades away like normal in case it explodes or something, and was dead before I whirled 2 steps worth of distance. Welp..

Nope.

What are your other resist likes? What type of monsters were there? If you're an Evasion/Dodge character, it's possible you failed enough rolls and got smashed my physical damage, since you probably don't have much, if any physical mitigation. A Basalt flask would help since you get flat physical mitigation rather than adding armor, which has a logarithmic effect to physical mitigation.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Nope.

What are your other resist likes? What type of monsters were there? If you're an Evasion/Dodge character, it's possible you failed enough rolls and got smashed my physical damage, since you probably don't have much, if any physical mitigation. A Basalt flask would help since you get flat physical mitigation rather than adding armor, which has a logarithmic effect to physical mitigation.

Well bummer, but thanks for the answer. Yea, my physical mitigation is crap, especially when moving, so maybe I need to change my approach now that I'm a lot tankier standing still and just stand still and face tank the boxes when opening them.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

With the Grelwood, consider using a Jade Flask of Reflexes (lots of flat evasion which then gets converted to armor) or a Granite Flask of Iron Skin (lots of flat armor), depending on which one gives you a bigger boost in effective armor.

Also, do you have Whirling Blades - Fortify setup? Whirl through mob, get that 20% damage reduction from Fortify, kill things (hopefully).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
New way to earn max chaos now that flipping is dead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7nf0bm/0_mf_300_chaos_per_hour/

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Also, do you have Whirling Blades - Fortify setup? Whirl through mob, get that 20% damage reduction from Fortify, kill things (hopefully).

Yes I do, thanks. Normally I'm tanky as hell now, it's just these rare odd occasions when I'll just get swatted like a bug by something, which is why I was hoping there was some sort of damage logging so I could see what got me.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

is running mao kun worth over selling it

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

im_an_accelerationist.gif

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I missed the strash sale that ended on the 25th.

I'm feeling incredibly stupid that I didn't bother looking at the end date instead of assuming it would last till the 31st :negative:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

BobbyBaudoin posted:

I missed the strash sale that ended on the 25th.

I'm feeling incredibly stupid that I didn't bother looking at the end date instead of assuming it would last till the 31st :negative:

Just wait a couple more weeks. Stash tabs go on sale every 3 weekends or so.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
And the new map tab will be on sale next time too.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

is running mao kun worth over selling it

Not done it this league and I have a small sample size, but (assuming you can comfortably do the map) I think you'll find enough random currency to make up for the cost of the map, maybe a little more. It's not a lottery ticket like Putrid Cloister is.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
It's a kind of annoying map but the booty chests definitely dropped a fair bit of currency along the way.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Oh I can handle it, it's just going for like 20c rn

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ancestral call is just so good.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Has anyone put together a build with the waifu sword using either Frost Blades / Blade Flurry or Spec Throw / Blade Flurry?

I've never played a Scion before, so I was thinking that could be an interesting choice.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

Has anyone put together a build with the waifu sword using either Frost Blades / Blade Flurry or Spec Throw / Blade Flurry?

I've never played a Scion before, so I was thinking that could be an interesting choice.

Not those skills but here is a recent thing https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H7tg6RKBXQU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Honestly I'm not sure doing a hybrid build with blade flurry and either spectral throw/frost blades is a good idea. You're going to be scaling two different things at the same time, melee damage for the former, projectile damage for the latter.

If you want to pair BF with another clear skill, use Reave. Or, go projectile scaling, go molten strike + spectral throw.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
is there any tool to calculate your weapons dps for the sake of checking poe.trade for possible upgrades?
I just bought a claw that looked way better than mine, put my own up for sale and realized it was shown as roughly the same dps as the one i just bought...

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The poe trade macro will do that for you.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
A tip for dudes missing int requirements: boots can roll up to 50ish int on an EV/ES base. I was looking at opal rings with good stats plus int, and they were stupid expensive. Now I can scrub that requirement and the prices are merely outrageous.

Also, Ngamahu Slayer is the most stupid fun build I've ever run. I hate to make a reference to a dumb dead meme but it seriously does not give a gently caress. I did Uber lab last night at 75, with wildly uncapped restistances, and didn't come close to dying. I'm going to throw all my currency into this fucker.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What chest are you using? I just got mine to 71 last night, and it still feels a bit slow. I don't have much movement speed during cyclone, and leap slam seems slower than just quaffing potions. Im currently still using a tabula for the ez 6 link.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'm a 92 using a 5l belly. The build is good. I also have enduring cry in my belt so a free gem slot that is currently faster attacks for leap slam but I'm open to something else. Not sure what.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I think this week I'm going to tackle shaper and then maybe retire my Sunder Slayer. Shaped vaults are also finally starting to get boring. Well.. Buying sextants is anyways. Also not being able to do elder stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Vasudus posted:

I'm going to throw all my currency into this fucker.
Any interest in this?

quote:

Spirit Spawn
Crimson Jewel
--------
Item Level: 58
--------
5% increased Attack Speed
5% increased Attack Speed with Two Handed Melee Weapons
6% increased Attack Speed with Axes
10% increased Melee Damage
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.
--------
Note: ~price 70 chaos