Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If nothing ridiculous happens, the Gooch should run that bracket pretty easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

and Rizin begins with what appears to be an impromptu Sunn O))) concert

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Is gabi fighting?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Bushmeister posted:

and Rizin begins with what appears to be an impromptu Sunn O))) concert

Lets be fair its Japan

It was probably Boris

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Cro-cop? What the hell? I thought he was (as good as) dead. He's fighting a dude who's old enough to be his older brother.

Edit: My first ever Rowdy Ringsports post outside of UFC threads. The end of an era, and probably not the beginning of another one, because I don't have anything worthwhile to say.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Is gabi fighting?

she did not, she was publicly shamed on the 29th in a carny pro-wrestling segment and her comeback will happen sometime 2018

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gooch!

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Hell yeah Gooch

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/fancycombat/status/947362742184366080

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

happy new year Ishiwatari's balls that just got punted into the third row

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

i loving love Tenshin Nasukawa

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/inxxane/status/947376046894206976

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Irene Rivera debuting the new "literal jumping and hugging" attack

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

goddammit, Gomi

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Cro-cop? What the hell? I thought he was (as good as) dead. He's fighting a dude who's old enough to be his older brother.

Edit: My first ever Rowdy Ringsports post outside of UFC threads. The end of an era, and probably not the beginning of another one, because I don't have anything worthwhile to say.

It is his annual retirement fight in Rizin.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Having an intermission unexpectedly last an hour and filling it with an endless Frank Trigg monologue is essentially a war crime.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CarlCX posted:

Having an intermission unexpectedly last an hour and filling it with an endless Frank Trigg monologue is essentially a war crime.

Cro Cop vs TK is also a war crime

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Someone should tell Frank Trigg it's not pronounced Moo Thai

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

chaleski posted:

Someone should tell Frank Trigg it's not pronounced Moo Thai

Gotta make a mem of it

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

"The boxer has the advantage against a moo thai fighter" --Frank Trigg, a colossal moron

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Horiguchi should be in the UFC, Tenshin shouldn't be on the biggest media stage for a kickboxer in Japan fighting no hopers from REBELS or amateur boxers. The Takeru fight will never happen but he should fight Yoshiki Takei

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Was Rizin fun? Thinking of checking it out

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

vaginal facsimile posted:

Was Rizin fun? Thinking of checking it out

Extremely

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The intro alone makes it worth it. Granted that and the first fight was all I saw before passing out so I’ll be watching it later in between deep frying food for NYE.

Oh any footage of Sapp and the Bear emerge yet?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am pretty bummed I didn't know about Rizin (not paying attention basically) as I could've easily gone to the two events this weekend. :smith:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Rizin would be perfect if RENA won and the intermissions weren't six hours long.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, the experience of that Rizin card would be way more enjoyable if you watched it after the fact with the inexplicable 90-minute intermission cut out. And maybe just skip Cro-Cop/TK which was basically a stand-in Gabi Garcia grandma fight.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh any footage of Sapp and the Bear emerge yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj6yG4EDito

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm not sure what I expected but that made me sad for the bear

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!
Was it Frank Trigg that called the hispanic fighter "the good kind of mexican, not the stabbing kind" or was that another dipshit?

I do remember Frank Trigg calling a fight with blatant white supremacist tattoos on and him being like "I gotta teach this kid." I think it was one of the Strikeforce pre-shows that have probably been lost to the ages.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thank you so much.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

coconono posted:

Was it Frank Trigg that called the hispanic fighter "the good kind of mexican, not the stabbing kind" or was that another dipshit?

I do remember Frank Trigg calling a fight with blatant white supremacist tattoos on and him being like "I gotta teach this kid." I think it was one of the Strikeforce pre-shows that have probably been lost to the ages.

It was Pat Miletich who wanted to suck off the guy with ss tattoos that got his rear end beat, however your general point that Frank Trigg must be tried at Nuremberg and hanged for his crimes is broadly correct

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I'm pretty sure the weirdly racist commentator was Joe Warren, who also joked about Cro-Cop being a pedophile and talked about visiting Japanese prostitutes when he thought they weren't broadcasting.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
After some further thought, I believe you are thinking of the time Mike Kogan's phone got hacked and he said Antonio Banuelos listens to Cure and doesn't know how to cut grass on commentary. To the best of my knowledge, Frank Trigg merely strangled his wife and is wanted by The Hague for the Misaki "fight"

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

After some further thought, I believe you are thinking of the time Mike Kogan's phone got hacked and he said Antonio Banuelos listens to Cure and doesn't know how to cut grass on commentary.

Lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I was going to make a post in the ufc thread about how pointless having cyborg fights is and maybe they should just have her fight gabi garcia for the steroid golem of the world championship. Then I checked gabi garcia is google quickly to make sure I hadn't said anything too mean and discovered she came in 12kg over weight to fight a japanese grandmother who used to be a pro-wrestler. How does japan keep doing this.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/sherdogdotcom/status/947750492431683584

Who, that guy? Steroids? Nahhhhh.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

CarlCX posted:

I'm pretty sure the weirdly racist commentator was Joe Warren, who also joked about Cro-Cop being a pedophile and talked about visiting Japanese prostitutes when he thought they weren't broadcasting.

Joe Warren is the worst commentator i have ever heard just for that one show

coconono posted:

was this the white supremacist who turned out to be a convicted child rapist or was strikeforce just really good at picking them?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/4/2843565/strikeforce-brandon-saling-rape-nazi-tattoo-charges

also if you've got nazis tattoos choosing the nickname White Steel is a little too on the nose

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

Joe Warren is the worst commentator i have ever heard just for that one show

was this the white supremacist who turned out to be a convicted child rapist or was strikeforce just really good at picking them?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/4/2843565/strikeforce-brandon-saling-rape-nazi-tattoo-charges

also if you've got nazis tattoos choosing the nickname White Steel is a little too on the nose

He was a wife-beating child rapist Nazi, not just the garden variety Nazi pedophile GBS poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Willie, did JT pass your eye test?