Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I really like those bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Daemons are probably one of the best armies in Warhammer to get into because you can use them in both games.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

https://m.imgur.com/a/8v2Of

Nurgle Info

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There are also two shortstories in there from Malign Portents.

One is from the point of view of a Nurgle Daemon which is amusing in it's own way.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Crossposting the first unit i've finished for my Khorne army.

Zuul the Cat posted:

I'm having a hell of a time getting the balance correct so my lava bases aren't completely washed out, but I finished my first unit (and test) for my Blades of Khorne Army.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Bloodletters are such great models.

Edit speaking of Original Bloodletters have really strange models.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Attack of the noodle men!

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Zuul the Cat posted:

Crossposting the first unit i've finished for my Khorne army.

Attack of the forehead gaps!

Edit: On a more serious note I like the vibrancy of the lava on your bases and the rest of your paintjob is decent, but I think leaving the very obvious seams in the forehead unfilled really detracts from the appearance.

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Dec 31, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Z the IVth posted:

Attack of the forehead gaps!

Edit: On a more serious note I like the vibrancy of the lava on your bases and the rest of your paintjob is decent, but I think leaving the very obvious seams in the forehead unfilled really detracts from the appearance.

That particular seam is INCREDIBLY difficult to fix on Bloodletters.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Today's Nurgle preview, a Nurgling in a blight tree:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/12/31/the-seventh-day-of-nurgle-the-feculent-gnarlmawgw-homepage-post-3/

Apparently Nurgle is the new Wood Elves, who knew?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
He's gonna show the Sylvaneth what fecundity really looks like.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Not my technique of choice but Duncan does have a tutorial on it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbnPoq4kVdA

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

That's what liquid green stuff is for!

Are there any bits in the WHFB/AOS ranges that resemble a drinking horn? Looking for musician bits to fit the theme of my free company militia.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

So.... are ghost pirates going to happen?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SRM posted:

Are there any bits in the WHFB/AOS ranges that resemble a drinking horn? Looking for musician bits to fit the theme of my free company militia.

you could liberate 2 fine drinking horns from this degenerate

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SRM posted:

Chaos Warrior musicians have a horn

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does the allies system in AoS basically work the same way as the 40k one?

I really like the blightkings models and wanted to paint a few up. Could I ally them with my Blades of Khorne stuff?

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Zuul the Cat posted:

Does the allies system in AoS basically work the same way as the 40k one?

I really like the blightkings models and wanted to paint a few up. Could I ally them with my Blades of Khorne stuff?

If you are running a Khorne allegiance army you can bring up to 20% of your points as allies and still maintain the allegiance and use allegiance abilities. So in a 2K Khorne army you can fit 10 blightkings for 360 points and be fine.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Generally the use of allies is so armies that were broken up from Fantasy can use some of their old units that were shuffled off into strange tiny factions.

For example the Beastmen. They had their army broken into three chunks, the Brayherds, Warherds and Monsters of Chaos. Most of the Beastmen units are in the Brayherds, and you would want a Brayherds allegiance. Allies would allow you to keep the Brayherds allegiance while getting some of the big monsters like Minotaurs and Cygors that were moved over to the Warherds. (Which is why they made some of those boxes featuring groups that generally best serve as allies.)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Generally the use of allies is so armies that were broken up from Fantasy can use some of their old units that were shuffled off into strange tiny factions.

For example the Beastmen. They had their army broken into three chunks, the Brayherds, Warherds and Monsters of Chaos. Most of the Beastmen units are in the Brayherds, and you would want a Brayherds allegiance. Allies would allow you to keep the Brayherds allegiance while getting some of the big monsters like Minotaurs and Cygors that were moved over to the Warherds. (Which is why they made some of those boxes featuring groups that generally best serve as allies.)

Imagine if instead of that they just didn’t break beastmen up

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

you want the moon on a stick

:haw:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
It'd probably be fine if all the God specific stuff for chaos was in their factions (blades of Khorne, disciples of tzeentch, maggotkin of nurgle, and hosts of slaanesh) and then everything else was consolidated into larger armies.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Solemn Sloth posted:

Oh I would have vastly preferred this.

Just take a look at the poor High elves.

The High Elves got broken into the Order Draconis with 3 Units. The Phoenix Temple with 4 units. The Eldritch Council with 4 units. The Lion Rangers with 2 units. The Swifthawk Agents with 3 units. And a bunch of other stuff is just gone or only available in certain sets like the Spire of Dawn set. I think basic Spearmen, Archers, Silver Helms(Their Calvary) and the Repeater Bolt Thrower are now only available via the legacy warscrolls.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 1, 2018

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
They posted the Order champion:

quote:

Order’s champions are the Lord-Ordinators, a new kind of Stormcast Eternal that combines a mastery of engineering with the storm-forged might of their brethren.

Lord-Ordinators have a particularly sacred duty – where the other Stormcast Eternals clear the way for Sigmar’s kingdoms, it’s these warrior-engineers that oversee the construction of new cities, walls and Stormkeeps, working in tandem with Dispossessed work gangs to create wonders unseen since the Age of Myth. These warriors also observe the movements of the stars in the heavens above the Mortal Realms, using combinations of mathematics, science and seer-craft to determine the future. With a great evil rising, the Lord-Ordinators have been dispersed among the armies of Order so that they can help prepare them for what is to come…
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the italicized part seems like an angle to reintroduce elements of the old setting.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but the italicized part seems like an angle to reintroduce elements of the old setting.

The age of myth is the time period in the new setting where Sigmar was originally creating his pantheon and everything things were going pretty well for everyone before chaos hosed everything up. You are unfortunately reading too much in to this particular bit, although I would not be at all surprised if they do try to bring the old world back in some fashion.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

drat, that's a great head sculpt.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Sigmarines are so much more appealing without the statue masks.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

I don't know, but the fact that they specifically show Skullvane Manse gives me hope that they will rerelease the old terrain kits. I've got the majority of them, but I'd like to get more at non-Ebay prices.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mango sentinel posted:

Chaos Warrior musicians have a horn

This is perfect, does anyone have one?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So I have an issue and felt this was a decent place to ask. Was constructing Mortarch Mannfred, but I think I screwed up. I glued his Sickle arm too close to his body so he can't get on his mount properly. Was just wondering if anyone know of a way to remove the arm without destroying the model so I can re position it.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
If it's super glue you can put it in the freezer then snap it apart. If it's plastic glue, they're essentially one piece now and you'll have to cut/snip/saw it apart

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm so tired of Stormcast models.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

drat that's a great looking stormwind alliance dude.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mango sentinel posted:

If it's super glue you can put it in the freezer then snap it apart. If it's plastic glue, they're essentially one piece now and you'll have to cut/snip/saw it apart

I think it's super glue so thanks.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TKIY posted:

I'm so tired of Stormcast models.

I am just waiting for more Elves, honestly. At least the new Stormcast Father-Engineer or whatever is a person with an actual purpose beyond generic soldier.

If only there was context to where he was forcing his Dwarf Servants to build a cool golden fort.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
I thought they were making more skaven? its just chaos and stormcast poo poo as far as the eye can see

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I thought they were making more skaven? its just chaos and stormcast poo poo as far as the eye can see
The only new Skaven is in Shadespire. AoS is Chaos vs Stormcast. In the fluff, all other races are kind of sidelined for the most part (though the fluff is changing.)

Kirby stepped down at the beginning of 2015. According to GW, it takes a minimum of two years for any new project to make it from the drawing table to the shelf. Kharadrons were likely the first thing commissioned once the company changed hands, and they came out in mid-2017. Blightwar was shortly thereafter. The (hopefully) new Death stuff is coming soon. It's a big ship, and it's going to take a while to course-correct.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I like that the new video has the Skullvane Manse in it from Fantasy (that kit goes for stupid money and I want one), as well as some regular joes just doing construction work. I hope the setting finds a little more grounding soon.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I also really want that Skullvane Manse! Such an awesome model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
New year, new models! I just finished a unit of Pistoliers, who will hopefully give my army some mobility. These guys are my favorite horses GW's sculpted:

I also added to my previous block of 20 spears with 10 more:

• Locked thread