Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol that posting voice sounds very familiar. . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Feminism: One of many hobbies I have

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kim Justice posted:

How dare she not like feminism and other things that I like, the bitch

There's not liking and then there's completely misrepresenting it for laughs, or to ingratiate oneself with a reactionary crowd.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean, yes, 'not liking feminism' is kinda like 'not liking' civil rights. People of that opinion tend to be terrible.

Also the only good thing about two shitheads getting married is that they can't accidentally glomb on to normal people and our odds of seeing yet another 'anti-women alt right lady shocked to find the alt right men in her life treat her poorly because she's a woman' thing go up.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, yes, 'not liking feminism' is kinda like 'not liking' civil rights. People of that opinion tend to be terrible.

No it bloody well isn't.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'you don't have to look for nice boys'

well, she at least is a true believer.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kim Justice posted:

No it bloody well isn't.

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is this when you post a feminist critiquing a specific movement in feminist theory and use it to say "SEE SHE HATES FEMINISM TOO AND THIS LADY IS EXACTLY LIKE THE CRAZY rear end in a top hat SAYING FEMINISTS WANT WOMEN TO BE FAT AND UGLY AND NEVER FIND A NICE BOY"?

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

How dare she not like feminism and other things that I like, the bitch

And if she disliked black people? Gay People? Trans People? Jewish people? Muslim people?

She's a mouthpiece for a group of people, who if they had their way, would rid the world of "degenerates" such as trans people, gay people, people of colour, the mentally ill, disabled etc and you have no problem with continuing to support her, even when told this, so yeah i think you're complicit, you can either make the decision to ditch their toxicity or continue to support it by being silent.

Congratulations, you are the true centrist.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

If you "don't like feminism" then yes, you are a terrible person.

I thought that, what with all the weirdo reddit/incel/whatever weirdos we established this years ago.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TheMaestroso posted:

Sideways guy has some very strange hangups and digressions.

Indeed. I do enjoy his deep dives into musical theory but he often gets caught up in the "this is the only way this musical cue can be interpreted" methodology. He gets frustrated with the varying use of the star wars fanfare in the prequels because "it's only supposed to apply to Luke's leitmotif", even though Williams had already adapted the music for other scenes in empire and jedi. Williams can do whatever he wants with his music and it can apply to more than one concept at a time. Sure the Imperial March isn't strictly Vader's theme, but the callbacks to it embedded in Anakin's Theme in Phantom Menace are there to foreshadow the darkness he'll bring to the galaxy.

I imagine Sideways would have a brain hemorrhage if he played Battlefront 2 (2004) and heard the Across the Stars love theme being used for Galactic Conquest mode.

Edit: Can the rest of you guys go more than one day without ripping at each other's throats?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kim Justice posted:

No it bloody well isn't.

That's literally what it is.

When you get into the more specific areas it can differ but the Umbrella term absolutely is.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

If you "don't like feminism" then yes, you are a terrible person.

I thought that, what with all the weirdo reddit/incel/whatever weirdos we established this years ago.

You can hate specific trains of thought as they can get pretty lovely but if you hate it as a concept then yeah your pretty poo poo.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

And if she disliked black people? Gay People? Trans People? Jewish people? Muslim people?

But she doesn't dislike any of these things...

And gee, I dunno guys. Between the one large group of proud feminists who conduct hate campaigns against us and wanna see us dead and the folks who use feminism as a way to slide into ladies' DM's with their woke dick, feminism kinda lost me some time ago. But hey-ho that's me and I may as well add more kinder on seeing as we're in the second page of "having a go at Kim Justice for being happy for Shoe and Skeptic"

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

And gee, I dunno guys. Between the one large group of proud feminists who conduct hate campaigns against us and wanna see us dead and the folks who use feminism as a way to slide into ladies' DM's with their woke dick, feminism kinda lost me some time ago. But hey-ho that's me and I may as well add more kinder on seeing as we're in the second page of "having a go at Kim Justice for being happy for Shoe and Skeptic"

I asked "If". At what point do you stop giving someone the benefit of the doubt? This isn't about ideological purity, it's about not liking/not being friends with shitheads. When i found out one of my friends started going down the alt-right route, quickly followed by the "oh btw not that many jews died in the death camps check the numbers lol" i stopped speaking to him, because it makes me look like an idiot if im still friends with someone like that.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
So would you agree that black lives matter is a race cult trying to start a war

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Kim Justice posted:

No, no, no, you don't get to instigate this and then claim you're the victim. What were you expecting? What was the impetus of this? Were they being discussed in the thread? Were they in any way relevant to the conversation? As far as I can see, you came out of nowhere and brought this up, to a bunch of people you know hate them, and are now whining that people are angry at you. If you're a masochist, own it, don't blame other people.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kim Justice posted:

Calling black lives matter a cult trying to start a race war kinda doesn't reflect very well on that. She's parroted good old noted not-hateful-person Blaire White's "Two genders" shtick too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

I dunno, guys, maybe we’re not giving the person who said poo poo like this for money a fair shake:

After all, she’s ‘very much on Team Trans’.

It’s either willful misunderstanding to court the pepe crowd, or she’s unspeakably ignorant herself. Both possibilities show an appalling degree intellectual irresponsibility. And every time she’s called on being irresponsible, she performs the same empty retreat into “I’m just a funny jokester on the internet and it’s your fault you’re mad because you made the mistake of taking me seriously, which means you’re stupid and I can make fun of you.” It’s Sartre’s argument from that passage everybody quotes from Anti-Semite and Jew to a t, and it’s the eternal dodge that cowards everywhere take to avoid having to defend any position in earnest.

Yet if she does devote so much energy to criticizing feminists and black people, she definitely hates those people in earnest but doesn’t understand how to defend her position in earnest or is simply afraid of the scorn she’ll justifiably receive. So tee hee it’s all a big joke that’s on you and not her because she made you mad.

Kim Justice, if those two are friends of yours, see if you can get them to read a book that’s been through peer review and then offer an earnest, informed response to it. My estimation of the both of them will double because they seem incapable of it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mysterious Mr. Enter has a new Animated Atrocities video out looking at Miracle on Evergreen Terrace. He also talks about the dangers he feels the constantly growing Disney megacorp poses to public domain and monopoly laws.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

You did see what she said about BLM, right?

quote:

Feminism is literally just the women’s rights movement. If a group of feminists are bad/actively counterproductive at their jobs, that’s not exactly a reason to go ‘well, gee, maybe we shouldn’t campaign for women’s rights after all’, especially when the literal most powerful man on the planet is a self-admitted sexual harasser. You’re losing perspective pretty hard here.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Ash Crimson posted:

I asked "If". At what point do you stop giving someone the benefit of the doubt? This isn't about ideological purity, it's about not liking/not being friends with shitheads. When i found out one of my friends started going down the alt-right route, quickly followed by the "oh btw not that many jews died in the death camps check the numbers lol" i stopped speaking to him, because it makes me look like an idiot if im still friends with someone like that.

Well I'm probably going to stop speaking to someone if they do that, or watching their stuff. I mean, I hardly blame you for doing so in the case of your ex-friend 'cause that's obviously rotten.

EDIT: Not liking BLM =/= not liking black people. As with near enough any movement there's a whole laundry list of problems with them and what they do.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

No, no, no, you don't get to instigate this and then claim you're the victim. What were you expecting? What was the impetus of this? Were they being discussed in the thread? Were they in any way relevant to the conversation? As far as I can see, you came out of nowhere and brought this up, to a bunch of people you know hate them, and are now whining that people are angry at you. If you're a masochist, own it, don't blame other people.

Just commenting on the utter absurdity of all of this.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

Not liking BLM =/= not liking black people. As with near enough any movement there's a whole laundry list of problems with them and what they do.

Good loving god, are you for real.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Holy poo poo, it actually got to this point. Kim you’re literally posting same rhetoric actual racists use. It might be time to stop being a goon in the well.

This isn’t even a one off thing, you do this constantly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCre_Y6Rh24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjiUwWg-zM

The Great War has put out their two part Christmas Episode featuring a look at the Sopwith Snipe and the adventures of the Dunsterforce.

Talk about anything else, for gently caress's sake.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
"They hate people involved in civil right's advocation/LGBT rights advocation/female equality, specifically for black people/LGBT people/Women. but i swear this has no bearing on how they feel about black people/LGBT people/women!"

An actual argument we're supposed to believe

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=367s&v=LAr7D5YJ5xU

Pan Pizza and friends review Super Mario Odyssey. They have a good time comparing this mario game to older titles. They also chat about how the many optional abilities aren’t needed to beat the game but are there if you want to go through levels faster.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Annointed posted:

Holy poo poo, it actually got to this point. Kim you’re literally posting same rhetoric actual racists use. It might be time to stop being a goon in the well.

This isn’t even a one off thing, you do this constantly.

...Lol, there y'are. Whatever. Saying a movement has some issues with how it goes about things isn't being racist, nor is it suddenly racist rhetoric because of some arsehole. For the record, I'm not against BLM at all - quite the opposite - but criticisms of it are absolutely valid.

EDIT: Anyway, I'm going to make this my for real last post in the thread, as I'm sick of being dogpiled for every little thing that I say or do because it's not totally in line with the rest of y'all. Like, all I did was make a drunken one line post wishing the best for June and Greg and the thread's gone absolutely crazy, and when I complain it's like "YOU JUST CAME OUT OF NOWHERE"...lol. This is a thread on a forum and that's what people bloody do. If nobody did that there wouldn't be a forum. It's not like the thread's even really about people on the Internet anymore, it's just a loving offshoot of D&D where no-one wants anything except to absolutely agree with each other, and anyone who isn't of the same mind gets screamed at. It's utterly toxic and tbh I don't need it in my life. Even saying that something isn't altogether perfect means you're a racist or a sexist or some other form of shitlord now.

So g'bye, and keep going the way you're going. Just don't be surprised when in the end you're left with nothing but sexpig having sarcastic faux-outrage discussions with themselves.

Kim Justice fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 1, 2018

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What criticisms?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Jim Sterling has come out with the Top Ten Shittiest Games of 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_alkb6PaZLo

Wish he'd chosen only one lovely PS4 game to represent what's been finding its way there, like he did for Steam.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kim Justice posted:

EDIT: Not liking BLM =/= not liking black people. As with near enough any movement there's a whole laundry list of problems with them and what they do.

what

the

poo poo

Yes that is exactly what that means jesus christ.

https://twitter.com/existentialcoms/status/898249458353283076

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kim Justice posted:

...Lol, there y'are. Whatever. Saying a movement has some issues with how it goes about things isn't being racist, nor is it suddenly racist rhetoric because of some arsehole. For the record, I'm not against BLM at all - quite the opposite - but criticisms of it are absolutely valid.

quote:

would you say BLM was always bullshit or did it start off legit and was then taken over by the bullshitters?

it was always bullshit in my opinion. media hyped up white on black violence. black people started burning down their own neighborhoods. loving pointless. it's just race war baiting, i can't stand it.

quote:

what do you think of black lives matter?

racist hate group hiding behind a thin veil of activism being fed ammo by the media cherry picking white on black murders. it was always like this since the riots. i don't care what anyone says.

quote:

daily reminder "black lives matter" is black supremacy trash

quote:

at this point you have to be in serious denial to think blm is anything more than racists/supremacists and aids skrillex's filled with guilt[

Lol.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Kim Justice posted:

Well I'm probably going to stop speaking to someone if they do that, or watching their stuff. I mean, I hardly blame you for doing so in the case of your ex-friend 'cause that's obviously rotten.

i'm sure there are good people on both sides
both sides

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCre_Y6Rh24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjiUwWg-zM

The Great War has put out their two part Christmas Episode featuring a look at the Sopwith Snipe and the adventures of the Dunsterforce.

Talk about anything else, for gently caress's sake.

this is really neat, i think it might have been this thread that introduced me to The Great War channel awhile ago? they do some pretty good stuff

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
no no those are very valid criticisms and if you say that shows she at best has strong white supremacist leanings you're attacking me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if you're defending someone and the best case situation is 'no no, they just lean heavily to viewing any minority liberation movement through a white supremacist lens' maybe rethink how much of a victim you are

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The internet is in love with milkshake justice, the justice that posts videos on the internet

we regret to inform you the justice is a white supremacist who hates women's rights

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

Even saying that something isn't altogether perfect means you're a racist or a sexist or some other form of shitlord now.

Oh get bent, there's no way you don't know poo poo like that is a very prevalent dogwhistle and people have had to hear it too many times, "I don't hate X, I just wish they'd be more civil" and likewise are old fogie favorites and it's understood what they're saying. Not to mention just earlier you were getting on about "Nobody being perfect enough", so why is it now time to start criticizing the minorities rights groups while it's unfair to get pissed at the people who flirt with bigots?

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Jesus Christ, put Kim Justice on ignore or something because she shits up this thread every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Well I for one am glad that Kim Justice has proclaimed for the sixth time that they will never again post in this thread

• Locked thread