Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Dammit! You have the D450?

Now I have spear envy :catstare:

I’d suggest you buy one. In the great America it’s only 16 squirrel pelts and a fox paw.

I stay up late at night polishing it too because an investment like this has to be protected. Also I love your sales jpeg! It makes me want to buy another! :)

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

All this spear talk is making me feel rather unmanly for never having gone spear fishing with an actual pole spear.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Dusty Lens posted:

All this spear talk is making me feel rather unmanly for never having gone spear fishing with an actual pole spear.

Well what did you go spear fishing with, then

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

D_Smart posted:

It's part of the Star Citizen culture drama. Now he's going to get to explain - on the record - where all that poo poo came from.

Nothing angered and disgusted me more than the fact that he used the sad death of someone, to promote and further his attacks.

Then he posts this poo poo to me on Twitter, while STILL making a pointless and unrelated jab.

https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/947581114641780737

Which is why someone called him out on it.

https://twitter.com/Nabreeki/status/947662972373127168

I'm not even going to respond to him any more. And God I hope, like all the poo poo those guys spread, they really - truly - believe that I'm bluffing.

I loving LOVE this poo poo.

That cock sucker calls me out for "making drama videos for the views" when I don't post my videos outside of my channel, but all he does now is pick up topics and issues that are controversial with Star Citizen and flap his cum dumpster about them while literally ignoring any facts that detract from CIG and his "Everything is going to be so great!" arguments.

Montoya is loving adorable, I cannot get over him trying to call me out for "trying to get views" when he's literally on Twitter and Reddit nonstop trying to push his bullshit.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Where the hell are we at with the holiday/anniversary/hobo shaved his beard/new year sale/Lesnick ate five twinkies sale?

To be honest, I feel the contest should transpire after two weeks and then declare the winner. It is only fair and wouldn't cause a lot of grief. The rules were misguided.
-- B'tak

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dusty Lens posted:

You must not be an American then. It’s basically what we do daily here. The longer the pole the better the fish. The firmer the rod the easier it is to stick it into the soft, succulent flesh of our undersea fish friends.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Foo Diddley posted:

Well what did you go spear fishing with, then

Probably a spear gun.

Pole Spearing is a loving blast and really feels like a whole different game.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

FailureToReport posted:

I loving LOVE this poo poo.

That cock sucker calls me out for "making drama videos for the views" when I don't post my videos outside of my channel, but all he does now is pick up topics and issues that are controversial with Star Citizen and flap his cum dumpster about them while literally ignoring any facts that detract from CIG and his "Everything is going to be so great!" arguments.

Montoya is loving adorable, I cannot get over him trying to call me out for "trying to get views" when he's literally on Twitter and Reddit nonstop trying to push his bullshit.
No offense to you but this is really funny because of how irrelevant the both of you are in regards to Youtube views. Montoya is one of those guys that really wants to be famous and I hope he gets his wish.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
loving hell, thread good! been lolling a lot the last few pages :)

also:

The Emperor Nero Crobblers fiddling while Rome CIG burns

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Galarox posted:

also:

Yesssssssssssssss

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Bump.

thatguy posted:

The best case scenario for Montoya would be to double-down. I advise this strongly.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FailureToReport posted:

Probably a spear gun.

Pole spearing is fun as gently caress but like 90% of the time I'm going out I look at my pole spear and go "oh gently caress that just bring the gun" lol

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

thatguy posted:

No offense to you but this is really funny because of how irrelevant the both of you are in regards to Youtube views. Montoya is one of those guys that really wants to be famous and I hope he gets his wish.

it isn't offensive because I don't think my channel is a serious thing at all. It started off as just something for me to do and it's still just something to do. I make a video when I feel like making a video, I stream to BS with people while I'm playing. If I wanted to push my channel as something that mattered, I would have run the channel completely different. I've said from the very beginning that it's just something I do for the fun of it.

Montoya got his panties twisted up because when I was still all in for Star Citizen I was starting to pull the same views he was, I was also in TEST, and I was neutral/critical of CIG and the game itself. Before I even left TEST or dropped Star Citizen he started talking poo poo because his little insecure self couldn't handle it, so it's funny as gently caress to see him doing all the things he tried accusing me of doing.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Oh god yeah that's the stuff.

FailureToReport posted:

Probably a spear gun.

Correct. I mean swimming around shooting fish with a crossbow is still pretty cool but not being the crossbow cool.

I know people who go after white sea bass with absurd giant riffe polespears and the like but that's waaaaaay above my paygrade.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

also:

How happy he looks makes me smile! :neckbeard:

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Beet Wagon posted:

Pole spearing is fun as gently caress but like 90% of the time I'm going out I look at my pole spear and go "oh gently caress that just bring the gun" lol

gently caress yes it is! When I was stationed in Oahu all I did every day was go out diving. I'd usually start off with the gun strapped to the buoy and then once I got frustrated enough with failing I'd swap out the polespear for the gun. Eventually I got my breathe holds up enough that I could properly stalk with a pole, and it's definitely a huge feeling of accomplishment once you get to a point where you can rock that over a gun. God I miss spearing so much.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Galarox posted:

also:

And by fiddling I mean playing a liar harp

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Dusty Lens posted:

Oh god yeah that's the stuff.

Correct. I mean swimming around shooting fish with a crossbow is still pretty cool but not being the crossbow cool.

I know people who go after white sea bass with absurd giant riffe polespears and the like but that's waaaaaay above my paygrade.

Ugh, I had a really stupid nice blue water gun I never got to use :( I knew some people who had a boat but schedules just never lined up. It would have been both terrifying and incredible to go out for MahiMahi or Wahoo. Every couple years I dream up the idea to charter down a Gulf trip to go after Tuna but with the kids it's just too hard to have a vacation like that.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
points for whoever translates the latin tag I put in the shop :)

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
I think you all owe MoMA an apology for making GBS threads on him for spearing sharks.

I mean a shark is just a big fish.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FailureToReport posted:

Ugh, I had a really stupid nice blue water gun I never got to use :( I knew some people who had a boat but schedules just never lined up. It would have been both terrifying and incredible to go out for MahiMahi or Wahoo. Every couple years I dream up the idea to charter down a Gulf trip to go after Tuna but with the kids it's just too hard to have a vacation like that.

I've gone out blue water shooting a couple times, and it's fun but I honestly prefer shooting on a reef or a wreck. I haven't done blue water work enough for it to not be really stressful haha.

Every now and then I like taking the pole spear out under a causeway or whatever but like I said more often than not I look at it and go "yeah but why"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Galarox posted:

also:

Awwwww yis

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

FailureToReport posted:

Yeah trying to roll the dice on a one day trip is pretty hard to do with any kind of real travel and obligation to keep the family entertained involved. The California channel islands can be nice for that kind of venture but the odds of getting skunked after a day of no vis paddling around in heavy point currents are pretty high.

Alas.

I really don't know much about blue water hunting, I personally prefer to haunt kelp forests or the occasional structure.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Incitatus posted:

I think you all owe MoMA an apology for making GBS threads on him for spearing sharks.

I mean a shark is just a big fish.

Leave sharks alone.

Sincerely, your spear shaft.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Beet Wagon posted:

I've gone out blue water shooting a couple times, and it's fun but I honestly prefer shooting on a reef or a wreck. I haven't done blue water work enough for it to not be really stressful haha.

Every now and then I like taking the pole spear out under a causeway or whatever but like I said more often than not I look at it and go "yeah but why"

Yeah I would no doubt have full blown anxiety the entire time. That was the one nice thing about shore diving is you could (most of the time) still see the bottom and your surroundings down to 100~ft depending on the weather. I really don't know how I'd handle looking down and just seeing blue fade to black, one of my first months spearing in Hawaii I was heading back to shore after my buddies got tired and went in ahead of me as the sun was going down and the current started churning up the sand, ended up swimming right up to a 7~ ft shark. One of the guys we were diving with ran into it first (which I didn't know until we got up on shore) and he had to pay the fish tax to it. I was absolutely mortified because I was alone, visibility was about 12 feet, and all I saw was a giant loving torso and tail fin.

I power kicked facing backwards like a loving Olympic swimmer for the next 200 meters until I was convinced the reef was to shallow for it to be following me, not that I would have seen it, but somehow looking backwards made me feel like I'd at least see it coming and maybe have a chance to scare it off or defend myself.

gently caress the deep.

Dusty Lens posted:

Leave sharks alone.

Sincerely, your spear shaft.

^ This. I remember being a little newbie spearo and thinking I was safe because I had a pointy. Silly Failure.

FailureToReport fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 1, 2018

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

I tend to skip the thread when it's a bunch of tweets tbh

e: Wait, now it's Americans talking about fishing with....guns I think? Likely guns, yes,

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

FailureToReport posted:

Yeah I would no doubt have full blown anxiety the entire time.

Seals moving through the kelp in my peripheral vision always conjures the fear in my heart. Suddenly I'm a boy and there are shadows in the wood.

That and something about jellyfish. They just creep me right the gently caress out. Heading back up to the surface to see a thin blanket of coasting jellies always gives me a almost entirely irrational bolt of terror.

BeigeJacket posted:

e: Wait, now it's Americans talking about fishing with....guns I think? Likely guns, yes,

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 1, 2018

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

BeigeJacket posted:

Go to https://www.twitter.com

search for 'star citizen'

there I have invalidated most of mirificus' reposts.

*edit* also https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/

there that should cover all his posts.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Galarox posted:

Plaudite!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Galarox posted:

also:

wb man! What a way to start 2018! Your memes are fantastic. Can't wait to see them hit the mainstream when I publish my book.

:five::five::five:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Galarox posted:

The drama is over?

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Galarox posted:

Unrelated, but if you actually know Latin, I could use a little help with something.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Galarox posted:

"The play is over"

In this case, it could very well be "The game is over" or "The scam is over"

----------------

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

D_Smart posted:

wb man! What a way to start 2018! Your memes are fantastic. Can't wait to see them hit the mainstream when I publish my book.

How will you know when to publish your book if Star Citizen is in development forever?

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Dusty Lens posted:

Seals moving through the kelp in my peripheral vision always conjures the fear in my heart. Suddenly I'm a boy and there are shadows in the wood.

That and something about jellyfish. They just creep me right the gently caress out. Heading back up to the surface to see a thin blanket of coasting jellies always gives me a almost entirely irrational bolt of terror.

I'm absolutely terrified of Kelp Forests, I don't know how you guys dive that poo poo (because all I think of is Great Whites with those). I had the exact same experiences but in Hawaii it's loving sea turtles. They come out of no where to check you out and if you don't notice them first it's a total heart attack.

Hammerhead 120cm next to my virgin blue water gun that never got fired. :(

Darryl Wong hybrid, it was pretty overkill for shore diving, but that gun was seriously a loving laser pointer. Of all the guns I've owned in my life, nothing ever came close

And this is why I ended up shelving my dive bag, all you can legally spear where I live now are loving carp. That and the fresh water lake diving is miserable after crystal blue ocean.

Anyhow, sorry thread, I'll go back to lurking, sorry for the derailing.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Incitatus posted:

Go to https://www.twitter.com

search for 'star citizen'

there I have invalidated most of mirificus' reposts.

*edit* also https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/

there that should cover all his posts.

It took me months of thread lurking before it finally dawned on me that Mirificus really was just randomly screenshotting reddit and dumping them in the thread. When he posts a bunch of useless poo poo 10 minutes apart I thought there was some hidden laughs to be had that I was too dense to parse, and there was some comedy to be uncovered in what different citizens had said at different points in their thread. I was like 'idgi' for an embarrassingly long time.

BeigeJacket fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 1, 2018

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

that montoya video with him green screened into his space ship with a bunch of stripper stock footage is maybe the most pathetic thing ive ever seen

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

"The play is over"

In this case, it could very well be "The game is over" or "The scam is over"

Points!

e - honourable mention to mjotto who got it but didn't translate (plaudite translates as applause, the traditional exhortation to Roman Audiences at the end of a play) and Ponzi who translated it as "Drama" but, my understanding is that it translates more direcltly to "play" hence... uncle Derek wins the internet points. lol.

Galarox fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 1, 2018

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Galarox posted:

Points!

e - honourable mention to mjotto who got it but didn't translate (plaudite translates as applause, the traditional exhortation to Roman Audiences at the end of a play) and Ponzi who translated it as "Drama" but, my understanding is that it translates more direcltly to "play" hence... uncle Derek wins the internet points. lol.

I won!! I'm off to Disneyworld!! :laffo:

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
The new year is starting off p good.

https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/947938205885714432