Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm always down for a good gay love murder story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Scanlations for the most recent issue of Galette have started coming out.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/liberty_ch04

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
today in Tamen De Gushi: no trucking, possible misdirection
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi/ch-149?id=395923

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am glad that Takmiya's 'An Absurd Relationship' will continue even with the main characters now together. I think it is my favorite one of hers now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Captain Invictus posted:

today in Tamen De Gushi: no trucking, possible misdirection
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi/ch-149?id=395923
What did you doooo pink haired girl?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the pink-haired girl of series extension

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

6 Nukoduke chapters for christmas :worship:

https://bato.to/reader#d6522b8c0ca9eb66

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
A couple of new chapters of Yona as well.

Those reaction shots :allears:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Three new futari gohan chapters too

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Zeno is low key killing it in this series

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

havenwaters posted:

Three new futari gohan chapters too

:ohdear:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hello officer, I'd like to report Hak for a murder

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Something about Yona's simply-drawn dumbfounded face combined with the dramatic hair blowing in the wind made me guffaw.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

OddObserver posted:

A couple of new chapters of Yona as well.

Those reaction shots :allears:

I'm glad for progress.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

lol Zeno

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Zeno is like

"oh youth" for the next couple of panels and its great

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh I guess the fireman boyfriend manga was licensed
https://kodanshacomics.com/series/my-boyfriend-in-orange/

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Well poo poo

I was binging Relife cause I thought it was finished. :negative:

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?
I just finished Tokyo Tarareba Girls and really liked it! Is there anything else I should read featuring “older” women? I’ve read Akiko Higashimura’s other work. I also am reading Real Clothes and I’m looking for manga with a similar older working women vibe. It doesn’t necessarily have to have romance in it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I like Collectors, though since I've not read the two you mentioned I don't know if it's the same sort of feel you want.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
The couple in this story are the oldest couple in this collection of stories which for some reason aren't arranged together. There's some (a lot maybe?) of other Morishima stuff with older women but I don't remember it off top.
These two by Yamaji Ebine are really good. If you browse the non moe art tag on dynasty there's a bunch of one shots and shorters series from the 80's that ran in mags like Anise that are almost exclusively about older (often married) women. A lot of them take a more dramatic bent which seems relatively rare in yuri to me at least in what get's recced around here.

And finally, https://dynasty-scans.com/series/gunjo (they both had to quit their jobs though)

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'd recommend not reading Gunjo unless you have a strong stomach against uncomfortable stuff. :gonk:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Nakamura Ching was gonna talk at an event I went to but she missed her flight or something and I'm still bummed because I'm very curious about the mind behind it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kawaii Hito updated

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Optimistic Puma posted:

I just finished Tokyo Tarareba Girls and really liked it! Is there anything else I should read featuring “older” women? I’ve read Akiko Higashimura’s other work. I also am reading Real Clothes and I’m looking for manga with a similar older working women vibe. It doesn’t necessarily have to have romance in it.

I'm here to recc'd some career women manga series:

&: Medical clerk who decides to open a nail shop on her weekends and meets 2 men who change her life.

U: Kyou Machiko, Yuu has spent her entire life with a “copy” of herself, her twin sister. Now science has created a copy more perfect than nature ever could, and Yuu seems like the perfect test subject.

Pen to Chocolate: The young manga artist Futaba has a passion for her characters, but the readers aren’t loving them. When she finds out that her manga has been cancelled, her passion for her work inspires Akimoto to take over as her editor.

Minato Machi Neko Machi: In a small port town, there’s an old legend that sometimes, a cat will take the form of a human boy and choose a lonely girl to live with. The cats call these girls “witches” because only they can see the cats in their human form. This is the story of those witches and the cats that live with them, as they share their warmth, lick each other’s wounds and try to find the magic called “happiness”, one step at a time.

Rose of Versaille: Oscar is the definition of successful career women.

A Bride's Story: Set in Central Asia in a rural town near the Caspian Sea during the 19th century, the story revolves around a young woman, Amir, who arrives from a distant village across the mountains to marry Karluk, a boy eight years her junior. The story unfolds among details of everyday family and community life. However, the peaceful atmosphere is disturbed when Amir's family demands to take her back to their village.

Victorian Romance Emma: Manga by the prior artist and features semi-realistic take on a maid's life and Victorian England.

Love is Hard for an Otaku: Romcom b/t co-workers who are otaku and their hobbies.

The Lady and Her Butler (webtoon): Office assistant struggles to balance life and work and gains a housekeeper along the way.

Sekine-kun no Koi: Sekine Keiichiro is handsome, intelligent, and popular. He's a jack-of-all-trades who's loved by women. Loved, that is, until they find out he's passionless and stoic and completely lacking in conviction. In a moment of self-reflection he starts hunting: Can anything make him feel? He's about to find out.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous: Hazuki falls in love at first sight with a flower shop owner named Rokka and decides to get closer to her by applying as a part-time employee. Also, anime.

Optimistic Puma
Aug 7, 2007
Where did the seagulls take my sister?
Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll definitely check these out.

Just in case: there’s a huge Kodasale going on that’s worth checking out.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Optimistic Puma posted:

Just in case: there’s a huge Kodasale going on that’s worth checking out.

Oh nice, I just checked to see what was in it and there are several books I was wanting to buy. FYI you can pre-order the 3rd volume of Taamo's new one for the sale price even though it's not going to be released until Jan 9.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've seen this series pop up in the KM updates occasionally but never read it, I checked out the first four chapters and it seems like a cute, goofy romcom 4koma with an office lady and a new hire in a pretty cutesy artstyle. they start dating by the end of chapter 4

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm reading that. It's cute and good.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?
So I'm halfway through Kanojo ni Naru and I've got to say, that one's really interesting. I'm usually not one for gender bender and I dont really care about yaoi/yuri, though I'm not opposed to it, just hasn't picked my interest besides Bloom into you. Yet Kanojo is really thought provoking and the romance between the two MCs is really heartfelt and just kinda makes me think how I would react in this situation.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

puschel posted:

So I'm halfway through Kanojo ni Naru and I've got to say, that one's really interesting. I'm usually not one for gender bender and I dont really care about yaoi/yuri, though I'm not opposed to it, just hasn't picked my interest besides Bloom into you. Yet Kanojo is really thought provoking and the romance between the two MCs is really heartfelt and just kinda makes me think how I would react in this situation.

I recall enjoying that, though IIRC it also gets weirdly biotruthy at times.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
That doesn't look like yaoi or yuri but I bet it would be really good, if it was

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
true of almost everything, really

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You want some yuri? Here, have some Yurucamp*

* Disclaimer: not actually yuri.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mikl posted:

Well not yet

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mikl posted:

What the gently caress is with that obnoxious overuse of screentone and vertical hatching?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the latest Kaguya, being Hayasaka continues to be suffering - https://bato.to/reader#82d9269fc757f49e

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Onean posted:

Oh, wait, I think this thread cares about Takagi-san too.

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/943985062055354368

I had totally forgotten about this, and have since fallen in love more with the spin-off.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't remember who posted about it or if it was this thread or the webtoon thread, but I started reading The Lady and Her Butler this morning and it's great. I really like the art style and the characters are all pretty engaging. I was kinda hoping when I first started (since I went into it more or less blind other than a vague memory of someone talking it up) that Taesoo wasn't actually lying about the gay thing and they'd stay platonic while developing relationships with other people but a slow burn romance works too. I really like her boss and I hope he's not about to get into something bad :ohdear: since that designer is possibly Taesoo's lovely ex? I've only read through the free chapters at this point but I'm definitely going to be following this one.

Quite a bit of it is free also so you can get a good feel for it without having to pay until you're fully hooked lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So literally, there is an anime that ran this past season about a ryokan run by kitsune.

WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS?!