Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016
Did anyone say sous vide commander yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Galarox posted:

points for whoever translates the latin tag I put in the shop :)

Heh. Caveat Emptor would have also done well.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Galarox posted:

The stage is fine. Everything is fine? Idunnoidontspeakdeadlanguages

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

I still cant get over how much I LOVE your AV. Dunno why. I just do :)

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Heh. Caveat Emptor would have also done well.

drat. loving. Straight.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

That's him in the pampers aisle.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Galarox posted:

#actress is fabulous

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Montoya is actually doubling down.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Is Montoya legit mentally disabled? I always figured he was non-native from his videos, then when I got into it with him in PM's once his messages were so incoherent I kind of wondered.

Now this moron is tweeting nonstop crying for Derek drama all day, then this tweet? Is he that bad at reading that his legit takeaway from that is "Derek is going to doxx me! I better hug my kids a bunch cause I'm about to die!"

Jesus gently caress. Derek literally says "Hearing from my attorney's" before saying "I said I was going to make an example out of one of you who can easily be identified."

How is anyone this stupid?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

thatguy posted:

The best case scenario for Montoya would be to double-down. I advise this strongly.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Someone tell him to call his parents while he's at it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

thatguy posted:

Someone tell him to call his parents while he's at it.

He'd probably take that as a threat too, as well as any request to rub

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

SelenicMartian posted:

#actress is fabulous

Points!

Not. But nice try :)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FailureToReport posted:

Is Montoya legit mentally disabled?

Maybe?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Hey you've always been cool to me just a heads up stay off the internet tomorrow.

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016
Lately, it seems Montoya has a real hard-on for dsmart.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

He'd probably take that as a threat too, as well as any request to rub
What if I.N.R.I... no, it can't be...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FailureToReport posted:

Is Montoya legit mentally disabled? I always figured he was non-native from his videos, then when I got into it with him in PM's once his messages were so incoherent I kind of wondered.

Now this moron is tweeting nonstop crying for Derek drama all day, then this tweet? Is he that bad at reading that his legit takeaway from that is "Derek is going to doxx me! I better hug my kids a bunch cause I'm about to die!"

Jesus gently caress. Derek literally says "Hearing from my attorney's" before saying "I said I was going to make an example out of one of you who can easily be identified."

He's from South Africa I think? IDK I don't remember most of the time I spent in TEST.

FailureToReport posted:

Yeah I would no doubt have full blown anxiety the entire time. That was the one nice thing about shore diving is you could (most of the time) still see the bottom and your surroundings down to 100~ft depending on the weather. I really don't know how I'd handle looking down and just seeing blue fade to black, one of my first months spearing in Hawaii I was heading back to shore after my buddies got tired and went in ahead of me as the sun was going down and the current started churning up the sand, ended up swimming right up to a 7~ ft shark. One of the guys we were diving with ran into it first (which I didn't know until we got up on shore) and he had to pay the fish tax to it. I was absolutely mortified because I was alone, visibility was about 12 feet, and all I saw was a giant loving torso and tail fin.

The worst sharks are the sharks you don't see coming lol. I go out and shore dive a lot here specifically looking for sharks (and weirdly strike out a lot) to photograph and so I'm pretty comfortable around them, but I was diving in the intracoastal one day, pulling stone crabs and sheepshead out from under the causeway in like 6 ft of vis and had a monster bull shark pass right over me - directly into the chocolate milk sitting on top of the thermocline. I've had very few experiences diving that have scared me to the point of taking time off diving but that's one of them. Also getting my head stuck in a hole once, that sucked.

If you're ever in Florida (perhaps celebrating the death of Star Citizen) we'll go out and get some fish. Plus you can dive the springs for a uniquely spooky experience:

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

He's from South Africa I think? IDK I don't remember most of the time I spent in TEST.

The worst sharks are the sharks you don't see coming lol. I go out and shore dive a lot here specifically looking for sharks (and weirdly strike out a lot) to photograph and so I'm pretty comfortable around them, but I was diving in the intracoastal one day, pulling stone crabs and sheepshead out from under the causeway in like 6 ft of vis and had a monster bull shark pass right over me - directly into the chocolate milk sitting on top of the thermocline. I've had very few experiences diving that have scared me to the point of taking time off diving but that's one of them. Also getting my head stuck in a hole once, that sucked.

If you're ever in Florida (perhaps celebrating the death of Star Citizen) we'll go out and get some fish. Plus you can dive the springs for a uniquely spooky experience:

Ok - so now we need an explanation of wtf that glowy green thingy is?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

That's him in the pampers aisle.

One week you’re DESTROYING Star Citizen detractors with your manly, incendiary wit, the next week you’re cowering like a baby with your babies from an idiotic Twitter slapfight...

:cripes:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
There's bull sharks in the intercoastal? I tried to swim across once while drunk in Daytona

Coulda got ate like sous vide

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon posted:

He's from South Africa I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEweP2TiMk

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Galarox posted:

The sky?

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

FailureToReport posted:

No. Like a lot of dweebs on the internet he flits between bullish posturing and self-pitying whining depending on the moment, and how much he thinks it'll make him look good.

This type of low-grade narcissism is the main reason why I've never been interested in social media. And it's depressingly common.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V97tzPwA2GQ

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Galarox posted:

tuo posted:

The sky?

Yeah, the sky, with two dead trees laying across the opening to the cave. Here's what it looks like from above

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

If you're ever in Florida (perhaps celebrating the death of Star Citizen) we'll go out and get some fish.

It's too bad you're so far north. Would have been fun to have a beer during vacation.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

BeigeJacket posted:

No. Like a lot of dweebs on the internet he flits between bullish posturing and self-pitying whining depending on the moment, and how much he thinks it'll make him look good.

This type of low-grade narcissism is the main reason why I've never been interested in social media. And it's depressingly common.

I wasn't sure if you were taking about Montoya or Derek, lol.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
may as well be 3 jerk detected in a row

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

lol - I remember watching this on TV when it was first broadcast. The school I was at at the time had a Seth Efrikan pupil who's entire family got arrested in Seth Efrika for playing "free Nelson Mandela" on their Hi-Fi in their car while driving outside Capetown. Makes you think.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Phi230 posted:

There's bull sharks in the intercoastal? I tried to swim across once while drunk in Daytona

And goliath grouper. They tend to hang out closer to the inlets, but they're definitely there.

Lladre posted:

It's too bad you're so far north. Would have been fun to have a beer during vacation.

Yeah I'm in a weird spot as far as meeting people. There have been a couple SC goons who have passed through the area over the years (oh God what are we doing with our lives? Nevermind, can't think about that now - I gotta make some dumb photoshops nobody else will understand!) but I'm just far enough away from all the hotspots that it's a bit of an ordeal to meet people. Both a blessing and a curse, knowing goons.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Guys im fearful for my life, hugging my jpegs a lot today

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Phi230 posted:

From what I understand if there's a waterway in their territory, salt or freshwater, there might be a Bull Shark in it.

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

Galarox posted:

lol - I remember watching this on TV when it was first broadcast. The school I was at at the time had a Seth Efrikan pupil who's entire family got arrested in Seth Efrika for playing "free Nelson Mandela" on their Hi-Fi in their car while driving outside Capetown. Makes you think.

One of my dads work mates was a Saffa, and he was absolutely out of his loving gourd. Even as a small kid, when Pa and his pals were out in the garden drinking beer and listing to Dire Straits, I knew there was something off about him.

Years later the old man filled me in on this dudes background, and how he used to be in some police/goon squad and loved to tell stories about how they would sick dogs on 'the bleks'

BeigeJacket fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 1, 2018

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Speaking of MassivelyOp, they have a new article that unsurprisingly reveals that Star Citizen articles are the most likely to produce engaged commenters. And by that I mean endless volleys of divisive, argumentative, mocking, defensive debates that serve as PSAs to casual bystanders to stay the hell away from this lunacy, at least until commercial release.

Keep doing what you’re doing, CIG! :discourse:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Phi230 posted:

Bulls commonly swim 2-700 miles up-river to breed in fresh water and sometimes get caught in landlocked lakes and poo poo. Farthest from the ocean one was found was 2500 miles up the Amazon and in America as far up the Mississippi as Illinois.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0719_050719_bullsharks_2.html

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

BeigeJacket posted:

One of my dads work mates was a Saffa, and he was absolutely out of his loving gourd. Even as a small kid, when Pa and his pals were out in the garden drinking beer and listing to Dire Straits, I knew there was something off about him.

Years later the old man told me stories about this dude, and how he used to be in some police/goon squad and loved to tell stories about how they would sick dogs on 'the bleks'

Ok - So, true story: I have very vague cousins (3rd cousins twice removed if I remember correctly) in Seth Efrika, one of them came over to the UK to visit with us. This was back in the late 80's. He had (as all Seth Efrikan youth had to at the time) done his national service, The choices were (again if I remember correctly) Police, Army or Fire Service. He did Police. We asked him "So what did you do in the police?" His answer has stayed with me... it was: "We hit the Kaffirs with big sticks"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Thoatse posted:

Bulls commonly swim 2-700 miles up-river to breed in fresh water and sometimes get caught in landlocked lakes and poo poo. Farthest from the ocean one was found was 2500 miles up the Amazon and in America as far up the Mississippi as Illinois.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0719_050719_bullsharks_2.html

You gotta be making GBS threads me. Illinois is just about the last place on earth you would expect to find a shark

They're everywhere :tinfoil:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

If you think there might be a shark nearby the best thing to do is stop and listen for the sound of a cast iron pan sizzling in the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
MoMA can't kill those fuckers fast enough imo